• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Monday, August 5, 2019

    How to skip this screen? I have to click f1 everytime i boot my pc Tech Support

    How to skip this screen? I have to click f1 everytime i boot my pc Tech Support


    How to skip this screen? I have to click f1 everytime i boot my pc

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 01:17 AM PDT

    PC Games Freezing/Crashing

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 11:59 AM PDT

    Firstly, I'm aware this will have been posted a million times and believe me I have tried my hardest to find a solution but I've given in and frankly need some help.

    Here is the same question I posted in Tom's Hardware

    System Specs:
    OS: Windows 10 64-bit
    Mobo: MSI MPG Z390 GAMING EDGE AC, Bought Christmas 2018
    CPU: Intel i7 8700k (Christmas 2018 again)
    GPU: MSI GTX 1070 GAMING X
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) 2133Mhz
    PSU: Corsair RM1000i (New as well, fitted in May)

    All my games are installed on the same 4TB HDD (E drive)

    Games I've Tested:
    - PUBG
    - MORDHAU
    - Squad
    - Escape From Tarkov (EFT)

    Notice how the first three games on this list are built upon unreal engine, these games are the first games that suffered from freezing/crashing so initially I thought it was maybe a problem with unreal but EFT is built on Unity so clearly not.

    The Problem:
    So this is happening to all of those games. Basically, I'll be playing and all of a sudden it will freeze but I'll be able to hear sound (in some games I can move around and hear sounds but the image is frozen) then 1-2 mins later it will crash to desktop. In some games I can't close the frozen program I can open task manager but not get to it cos this image is stuck on my screen so I have to force shut down the pc to close the game. Some games the crashes are more frequent and sometimes they happen within a minute of playing and sometimes 30 mins after I've launched it. That's all there is to it really. I have also noticed however that games are sometimes ever so slightly slower to load in maps/areas. Something else I've noticed is that discord will sometimes ask me to reload it like it has crashed and this started happening around the same time as the game problems.

    What I've Tried:
    - Uninstalling NVIDIA GPU drivers with DDU and then reinstalling drivers (also tried older drivers from MSI website)
    - Selecting the debug mode in the NVIDIA control panel.
    - Scanned HDD for problems with a tool I forgot the name of.
    - Disabled CPU, GPU, and RAM overclocks.
    - Updated every driver on my computer using Driver Boost 6 on Steam.
    - Cleaned up my program list.
    - Verified integrity of game files.
    - Put in-game settings on lowest (tried this on mordhau and it completely fixed my issue) but it's not the ideal fix I'm looking for.

    I've probably forgotten something here or maybe even not done one of these correctly.

    Any help would be appreciated. Thank you so much in advance as this is such a headache I've been dealing with for a couple of weeks. This is my first post and I did it on mobile so it was complete suffering.

    submitted by /u/KIMBOF1
    [link] [comments]

    Spilled melted ice cream into side of laptop

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 04:56 AM PDT

    I'm an idiot, mistakes were made, and i spilled ice cream into the side of my laptop. This happened months ago, and it didn't go into the side with things that i use regularly, like the usb ports, headphone jack and charger, and my laptop works fine, but recently i wanted to use my laptop w a hdmi cable, which was one of the fallen soldiers to the ice cream catastrophe. I don't know if it works or not, there's still some ice cream cemented in there despite my best efforts of getting it out, any ideas of what to do or am i just gonna have to live with my mistakes?

    submitted by /u/egirlevie
    [link] [comments]

    Maximum speed with a powerline adapter

    Posted: 04 Aug 2019 03:43 PM PDT

    On powerline adapters specification pages it says "One 10/100/1000Mbps Gigabit Ethernet port on each adapter" no matter if it's a 1000, 1200 or 2000 Mbps adapter.

    On <1000Mbps powerline adapters specification pages it says "10/100Mbps Ethernet port" no matter if it's a 300, 500 or 750 Mbps adapter.

    So if I understand correctly because of the limitation of the Ethernet port, a 500Mbps powerline adapter can only reach 100Mbps maximum and a 1200Mbps powerline adapter can only reach 1000Mbps maximum ?

    Why saying 500Mbps or 1200Mbps powerline adapter then ?

    submitted by /u/PercevalLeGallois
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel