• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Sunday, August 4, 2019

    How do I remove my dead brother from the hangouts contact list? Android Help

    How do I remove my dead brother from the hangouts contact list? Android Help


    How do I remove my dead brother from the hangouts contact list?

    Posted: 04 Aug 2019 04:29 PM PDT

    It's been two years since he killed himself. Every time I go to start a chat his name appears. I removed him from my Gmail contacts and he still shows up. I tried hiding him, I tried blocking him and after a few days he always reappears. I tried doing it from my desktop, same thing. I've cleared hangouts data on android and that doesn't help. What's the point of the hide contact button? Is deleting my 12 year old account and starting over the only way to remove him?

    Sorry to sound like a wimp, I'm still dealing with the loss and this isn't helping

    submitted by /u/notrox
    [link] [comments]

    Pixel 3a camera

    Posted: 04 Aug 2019 01:14 PM PDT

    Yesterday was my brother's wedding and for some reason all the videos recorded glitchy and choppy. It's still doing it today. Has anyone dealt with this? Is there any way to restore the videos to standard or at the very least get the camera working correctly for future videos?

    Thanks for your help guys, I'm new to Android. I googled, but maybe my googlefu is weak on this one because I couldn't find anything except articles about what a great camera the pixel 3a has. (which is true when it is working!)

    submitted by /u/ground__contro1
    [link] [comments]

    Is there is a way to block certain google searches?

    Posted: 04 Aug 2019 11:05 PM PDT

    Hi there, I need to block certain google searches (with a password would be better), and looks like there is no apps nor settings within google to do this. For example, if I search my crush's Instagram account in Google Images, I would be able to see some of her pictures. So maybe by rooting the phone? Any tricks? Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/Jersey0001
    [link] [comments]

    Phone started showing full screen adds this morning. Not sure what is causing them

    Posted: 04 Aug 2019 03:10 PM PDT

    So far ive had about 5 full screen pop up ads show up on my phone. At least 3 were trying to get me to download yugioh duel links. It says the ads are powered by google in the top right corner. Does anyone know anything about this or know how to get rid of them. Even advice on tracking down the cause wiuld be helpful

    submitted by /u/Boethiah12
    [link] [comments]

    Should I switch to an Android if I plan to do Android development?

    Posted: 04 Aug 2019 09:52 PM PDT

    Because I hate Macs, I am plaaning to learn Android development and hopefully get a job with the skills I have got.

    The trouble is, I prefer Windows and iOS.

    To be honest I found iOS to be more suitable than Android, because it is more easier to use, and I prefer the design of it.

    If I want to do iOS development, I would have to get a Mac.

    But if I do Android development, I can keep using Windows, and use Android SDK emulation.

    Should I switch to an Android phone if I plan to do Android development?

    If so, which phone should I get, after my XS Max contract ends?

    I need to get a new laptop and a phone next year, because I need to live the dorm life when I am in high school.

    I need to learn iOS or Android programming in school, so I must decide.

    submitted by /u/RedditorWhoLovesTech
    [link] [comments]

    backing up

    Posted: 04 Aug 2019 09:46 PM PDT

    I seem to be over my space limit again. This stuff is so annoying.

    I see there's an option to delete all the pix that have been backed up. That would be nice but it's a nuclear solution.

    I'd like to delete about half of the pix that have been backed up but want to keep some. Is there a way to see a list of what's been backed?

    A problem with google photos is it doesn't maintain the folders, so it's hard to do a proper comparison. I suppose there's no solution for that?

    submitted by /u/ZiggyZig1
    [link] [comments]

    OBB Packing?

    Posted: 04 Aug 2019 03:26 PM PDT

    Hey guys. Recently I've been messing around modding a game. I downloaded the OBB for it, unpacked it and edited some of the files in there. I can't seem to figure out how to repack it back into an OBB file though. I'm stuck with a folder that I want to turn back into the OBB. I tried to compress it and rename it as an OBB, but that didn't work. Any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/BleachedTwinkie
    [link] [comments]

    How do I delete attachments in messages?

    Posted: 04 Aug 2019 09:06 PM PDT

    I forgot there was a limit and I forgot how to delete them, anyone help?

    submitted by /u/benjaminear3
    [link] [comments]

    Galaxy S8 can't send messages or recieve notifications from Snapchat

    Posted: 04 Aug 2019 09:01 PM PDT

    My charger stopped working on my Samsung Galaxy S8 and my phone died and I got a new charger and then my phone turned on. It was on ultra power saving mode and now it is back to normal. But now when I try to use any messaging app the app itself freezes when I try to send a message and I am not getting notifications from Snapchat and possibly other apps. I restarted twice already and the problem is still persisting. Help please!

    submitted by /u/shuravdhakal
    [link] [comments]

    I just tried to reboot my phone and it did some kind of hard reset

    Posted: 04 Aug 2019 12:11 PM PDT

    So for absolutely no reason I decided to reboot my phone, probably the devil playing games with me. I choose to reboot it, and when it turns back on everything is wiped from existence. All data and files gone, the folders are all empty, the card is empty, my sim card completely wiped, contacts all gone, settings all gone, accounts gone, miraculously, the apps are all still here. Could someone tell me.. just what the f**k happened? I literally tried to reboot my phone and it did this, without a warning, or any kind of notification.

    submitted by /u/SpeedColaZero
    [link] [comments]

    Is there an app that can move the VPN key icon to the right?

    Posted: 04 Aug 2019 01:12 PM PDT

    I've been trying out a couple vpns on my phone and was wondering if there was a way to move the icon from the left to the right. I've settled in using dns66 but it doesn't have an option to move it. Is there an app that lets you move the key icon?

    submitted by /u/Ed-Zero
    [link] [comments]

    P20 pro continuous photo taking in pro mode

    Posted: 04 Aug 2019 08:29 PM PDT

    I was wondering, I can set a timer to count down to take photos, but can I set up a way to it will continue to take photos in pro mode and I don't have to manually do it?

    submitted by /u/BrewedinCanada
    [link] [comments]

    phone water damage

    Posted: 04 Aug 2019 12:53 PM PDT

    Listen I already know that I was being really stupid so lets just move past that. Basically I've been showering with my phone on a ledge in my shower to listen to music for the past week. It's not directly in the water but the steam hits it and maybe sometimes water bouncing around the shower. Today during my shower my screen started flickering when I got out and then it turned off and wouldn't turn back on. I took out the battery and sim card and it's drying disassembled now. There was some water in that area that I dried with a towel. I'm gonna wait a day or two before I try to turn it on again.

    Basically all this to say: what are the chances my phone will turn back on (especially since it wouldn't turn back on immediately after)? I took it apart and dried it pretty soon after it messed up, but the water might have been there since last week. Would it have started messing up earlier if this was the case?

    Sorry, I know this is a lot, but I really don't have the money to buy a new phone right now and there's a bunch of pictures on there from a recent trip so I'm really worried that its broken for good.

    submitted by /u/sixofrav3ns
    [link] [comments]

    Can't stop play store from running in background.

    Posted: 04 Aug 2019 09:08 AM PDT

    For the past few days play store keeps running in background taking upto 100mb RAM usage which leads to battery drain. Any solutions?

    RAM usage.

    Battery usage details

    Device : Xiaomi Redmi Note 3.

    OS : AEX ROM 6.6 android pie.

    submitted by /u/randomadultteen
    [link] [comments]

    Question about recovering photos

    Posted: 04 Aug 2019 07:20 PM PDT

    Is it possible for me to regain deleted photos off my galaxy s8 if I deleted them and then updated to Android 9.0?

    I deleted them myself thinking I didn't need them any more but as it turns out I do need the photos. Is there anyway I can recover them? The phone isn't rooted

    submitted by /u/preditorzbware
    [link] [comments]

    Lost my andriod

    Posted: 04 Aug 2019 03:32 PM PDT

    Guys I lost my galaxy s7 phone and it was lock with a pattern and finger print.

    I didn't have find my phone app on it but it has my Google account on it.

    I also had an encripted sd card on the phone can my data be accessed?

    submitted by /u/DreamvilleVSTDE
    [link] [comments]

    All four Androids I've owned don't receive 10% of iPhone texts

    Posted: 04 Aug 2019 06:38 PM PDT

    So I've owned the Zenphone 2, Nexus 5x, Pixel XL, and Pixel 3, and they all have an issue where about 10% of incoming iPhone texts are never received, or received several days late. They're just regular text and no media. It's often when I'm sitting in one location with great service and not moving around or on roaming. Never any issues with Android texts. I did not formally have an iPhone (although who knows what my previous number owner had). I've been on T-mobile as well as Google Fi (mostly its Sprint service) and both have this issue. The only constant has been my phone number.

    Is this an inherent issue with all Android/iPhones or am I doing something wrong? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/VariousSherbet
    [link] [comments]

    Android Apps: Whatsapp Accidentally Banned me, Will it affect Facebook/Google?

    Posted: 04 Aug 2019 03:23 AM PDT

    Hello all.
    Recently, I got myself a new sim card and number. While switching my old number to a new number in Whatsapp, I got banned. It was after I have already verified and used the automated Whatsapp feature to notify some of my contacts to change my number. I proceeded to inform people via Whatsapp text to remove my old number, after a few people, I wanted to send the same text to a friend, I received the notification that I was banned. I am not sure what caused this and I have already sent an email to Whatsapp support about this.

    I have not used this banned number on my Facebook nor Google account.

    So, I wanted to know: if I were to get another NEW number and sim card, will Facebook and Google accept it without any problems? How long does Whatsapp usually take to provide support? Is making an entirely new Whatsapp account a safer bet than relying on Whatsapp support?

    Thank you in advance for all the advice and help.

    submitted by /u/intergalacticspaghet
    [link] [comments]

    Problem with my Samsung A50's screen turning off

    Posted: 04 Aug 2019 06:03 PM PDT

    When I press the power button it turns on for maybe half a second, then the screen goes black, and then turns on and lets me unlock my phone. Does anyone have a solution to this problem?

    submitted by /u/habisky8547
    [link] [comments]

    Using different SIM card while traveling -- but now Messages doesn't work!

    Posted: 04 Aug 2019 06:29 AM PDT

    I'm usually in the US and I use Messages a lot to communicate with friends. I have a Pixel 2XL, normally I am on Verizon.

    I am in Europe for a few weeks so I bought a "PrePaid Europe (UK THREE)" SIM card to make surfing easier. So now it is not possible to chat with my friends anymore. I have done this before and I think I was able to chat if friends directed their messages to the temporary number. But shouldn't I be able to tap them in my current, accessing-Internet-abroad state?

    I would appreciate any assistance. There seems to be little help out there for people in this situation.

    submitted by /u/wovenstrap
    [link] [comments]

    Android Tablet plays videos at 3x speed with no audio ( including embedded, youtube, local files videos )

    Posted: 04 Aug 2019 04:36 PM PDT

    i have an android tablet, Asus z500m 3S 10, it used to work properly, then suddenly one day all videos play at 3x speed ( superfast ) and no audio comes out the speakers or headphone jack, however, as soon as i connected a bluetooth audio device it works perfectly, videos go back to normal speed, audio comes through the bluetooth audio device ( headphones or speakers ), but if not connected to bluetooth audio the problem returns instantly, ive tried clearing cache on recovery mode, ive tried factory resetting, ive even tried flashing a different version of android onto my tablet and the same problem persists. any more info i can provide super fast

    submitted by /u/Vanquiishher
    [link] [comments]

    Is there an SMS app that allows to type text before selecting recipient? Ideally also sending delay.

    Posted: 04 Aug 2019 08:33 AM PDT

    Thank you.

    submitted by /u/cattt8678
    [link] [comments]

    Android podcast - no auto download??

    Posted: 04 Aug 2019 10:33 AM PDT

    I wish I knew what I was missing.

    I'm on the Google app beta, I have the latest Google podcast downloaded but the auto download option is nowhere to be seen.

    I'm on an s9+ with the latest security patch (jul2019).

    I've flushed the Google app and podcast app caches and storage.

    Any suggestions?? I really want that auto download option.

    submitted by /u/flyingspatula
    [link] [comments]

    NEED HELP removing google lock on my Galaxy Note 5

    Posted: 04 Aug 2019 02:16 PM PDT

    I am desperately asking for help, i need my device to be unlocked ASAP. Is there any software that exists that i can download and use to bypass google lock? or any methods or techniques that ACTUALLY WORK ? I am eternally grateful for any and all help I receive, so long as any comments stay firmly focused on finding a solution to the issue i need help with!! Thanks, r/AndroidQuestions :)

    submitted by /u/Slaytanic_Tarmaster
    [link] [comments]

    One Plus 3 - My calls randomly going through from Hangouts instead of default Android?

    Posted: 04 Aug 2019 02:06 PM PDT

    We don't get service in the house except the back porch. We have two One Plus 3 phones using Consumer Cellular (AT&T mvno), same version of Android. One phone has an interesting issue. On the good phone, when we try to make a call (in the house or outside with good LTE signal), it uses the default Android app. I downloaded Should I Answer to filter out some scam calls, works great. Now it's my default calling app. On the other OP3 phone, even though the default calling app is default Android choice, it initiates the call in Hangouts for some reason, again even if inside house with bad signal or outside with LTE. I Uninstalled Hangouts, then the phone wouldn't let me make any call. Reinstalled it. Now I see a message when I try to make a call.

    The error message is within Hangouts and says: "Outbound Caller ID not active: Outbound Caller ID for phone number (my number) has been disabled for security reasons. Your call will be placed from an unknown number. Verify your number from the device containing that SIM to re-enable it.

    This is a big issue because Doctor offices and most people don't pick up when I call them because my number comes across their caller ID as 'Anonymous'. So I then installed Should I Answer on the phone and still Hangouts seems to override it and tries to call from Hangouts instead.

    Is this intended? My phone thinks it doesn't have a signal so it tries calling via WiFi from Hangouts? Then how come my other phone doesn't do this?

    submitted by /u/Vipre7
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel