• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Wednesday, August 7, 2019

    Help using external monitor with laptop closed Windows Help

    Help using external monitor with laptop closed Windows Help


    Help using external monitor with laptop closed

    Posted: 07 Aug 2019 05:51 PM PDT

    I want to use my external monitor when my laptop is closed, simply I want to kinda use my laptop as a desktop when I have it plugged in so that I can tuck it away and save needed desk space. I have looked and all I see is to go to advanced power options and select do nothing when lid is closed, however this turns off my secondary monitor that is plugged in.

    If anyone can help me do this it would help a lot, THANK YOU! (btw, I did search for this and the only solution I find people saying is the one I tried, as well as struggled to find an answer on reddit. I apologize if someone finds an answer very easy with a search, I swear I tried and might just be dumb...)

    submitted by /u/PalmTreeExpert
    [link] [comments]

    Well, it has been 3 months...

    Posted: 07 Aug 2019 06:00 PM PDT

    Once again, Windows has decided to update against my will, screwed up my computer, and I am now sitting here watching it reinstall.

    I miss the old days, when this only happened once a year or so, and there were ways to stop the update.

    Anyone know if you can still get windows xp keys?

    submitted by /u/BullMooseLoony
    [link] [comments]

    Windows 10 updates to a black screen

    Posted: 07 Aug 2019 08:12 PM PDT

    Two times now I have tried to update windows 10 to version 1903 and it will restart itself after going through the update process and get stuck on an all black screen.

    I tried the CTRL+ALT+DEL keys and nothing happens. I have to hold the power button on my PC to turn it off and then turn it back on normally again. Then it will say it did not complete the update.

    This is especially annoying because every hour I get a pop up notification that it's time to restart my computer to update it and I can only postpone it another hour or if I don't do anything it just restarts and this same shit happens.

    Does anyone know how to either properly update this or turn off automatic updates?

    submitted by /u/taylore383
    [link] [comments]

    Silent Windows update patched side channel that leaked data from Intel CPUs

    Posted: 07 Aug 2019 02:48 AM PDT

    Help getting into Windows 7 PC

    Posted: 07 Aug 2019 02:01 PM PDT

    Hoping someone can offer some input. My brother in law just inherited what he says is a fairly good gaming desktop from his uncle that passed away. The only problem is no one knows the user password to get into it. I guess he doesn't want to lose any of the info on it as it has a lot of iracing content or something like that. Anyway... anyone have any idea how to go about getting into it?

    submitted by /u/cultcraftcreations
    [link] [comments]

    HEIC Extension without access to the Microsoft Store

    Posted: 07 Aug 2019 03:44 PM PDT

    Our company blocks access to the Micosoft Store, yet I need to install the HEIC extension to view pictures. Can this be done?

    submitted by /u/dantignac
    [link] [comments]

    Question: increase partition size of the Windows 10 USB installer

    Posted: 07 Aug 2019 01:30 PM PDT

    I have a 64GB USB drive that I used the v1903 Media Creation Tool to turn into an installer. I want to put about 32GB more stuff on the drive what for installing after Windows finished -- make a one and done Windows install toolkit, see? Trouble is the MCT caps the partition size at 32 and if I resize the partition on the USB drive, it no longer boots. Seems to break the bootloader on the drive. How can I get the MCT to use the whole 64GB, or how can I resize the partition safely, or how can I resize it unsafely and repair the bootloader?

    submitted by /u/tralce
    [link] [comments]

    Cant install anything from windows store?

    Posted: 07 Aug 2019 07:10 PM PDT

    Like 2 weeks ago my msn weather app stopped working. 1 by 1 I checked the other apps (travel, games,etc) and they no longer work either. Came across an article about MSN apps were discontinued on 8.1. Cool. When trying to install ANY apps from windows store it never gives me an option to add my PC as a device to install any apps. How can alleviate?

    submitted by /u/datminiitxdo
    [link] [comments]

    Reset a pc without cleaning C: Drive

    Posted: 07 Aug 2019 03:02 PM PDT

    Hello I am trying to reset my pc without the admin password by removing all the files and programs, however when I finally am able to it says I do not have enough space on the C: drive for a fresh install of windows. I can't really clean it up because the owner forgot the admin password. Please help! My computer is extremely slow.

    submitted by /u/WackySynth
    [link] [comments]

    Can programs see if taskmanager is open?

    Posted: 07 Aug 2019 05:19 PM PDT

    What's the difference between Libraries and the C drive?

    Posted: 07 Aug 2019 07:34 AM PDT

    I've been saving all of my photos under Libraries->Pictures

    At the same time, I've been cloud backing everything in the C drive. I rarely check if things got backed up or not, because i just assumed it's doing its job.

    I just noticed that nothing in that Libraries folder got backed up. I used to think that Libraries is a collection of short cuts that exist in my C drive. It doesn't appear to be the case. I found "My Pictures" under the C drive, but they werent there.

    I guess the question is, what's the difference between Libraries and the C drive? if there's only one hard drive in the computer how come it cannot find the files located in Libraries?

    submitted by /u/Relatively_Curious
    [link] [comments]

    Why can I not download an image as a png?

    Posted: 07 Aug 2019 05:48 PM PDT

    I would like to download this image as a png on Windows 10 but my computer won't let me, only allowing jpeg or bitmaps. I have noticed it is the same with most other images as well.

    submitted by /u/Kansas_Nationalist
    [link] [comments]

    Can't delete over 5.4 GB of Candy Crush data in my WindowsApp folder. HELP!

    Posted: 07 Aug 2019 01:57 PM PDT

    Windows will not allow me to delete over 5.4 GB of Candy Crush folders from the hidden WindowsApp folder in Program Files. I am the administrator, so there should be no issue there; I've also uninstalled Candy Crush, but these 5.4 GB of folders remain. That's a significant amount of space; I would deeply appreciate anyone who is able to help me out with this!

    submitted by /u/ShiftyMcCoy
    [link] [comments]

    Can Windows To Go installed on my external SSD be used on mupliple computers as external boot source?

    Posted: 07 Aug 2019 08:36 AM PDT

    I put Windows To Go on an external SSD to run Windows OS on my macbook pro. Questions is, could I also plus it in to my girlfriends windows PC at home and have it boot off the SSD the same, or even another iMac desktop?

    submitted by /u/gingernuts13
    [link] [comments]

    Help, My PC is not working!

    Posted: 07 Aug 2019 03:15 PM PDT

    I was just getting on my Windows 7 PC yesterday and all of the buttons on the monitor are not working. Let me explain: The keyboard is not the problem, the PC itself is fine, and the mouse works too. When I try to press the login button, it won't respond. And If I do login, sometimes the browser would while other times it doesn't and just freezes. I was wondering if their way to fix this problem. Thank you and have a good day.

    -ZombStone128

    submitted by /u/ZombStone182
    [link] [comments]

    Should I get win10 home oem or pro oem? What are the differences and what are good prices for both?

    Posted: 07 Aug 2019 07:41 AM PDT

    Has Microsoft given up on Windows IoT?

    Posted: 07 Aug 2019 07:04 AM PDT

    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/iot-core/release-notes/currentinsider

    The last update was now a full year ago. The Raspberry 3B+ is still not supported and the 4 isn't even mentioned anymore.

    Is Windows IoT dead?

    submitted by /u/Nerdiator
    [link] [comments]

    Microsoft windows product keys

    Posted: 07 Aug 2019 07:20 PM PDT

    Hello there,

    We have Microsoft windows 10 home and pro keys available. All keys are 100 percent genuine. We accept payments via paypal, google pay, Facebook messenger.

    Windows 10 pro: $30

    Windows 10 home: $25

    We also stock product keys for Microsoft windows 7, and 8. Also we have Microsoft office product keys.

    If you have any questions. Please feel free to send a message

    submitted by /u/rgarvey2
    [link] [comments]

    Microsoft windows product keys

    Posted: 07 Aug 2019 07:35 PM PDT

    Hello there,

    We have Microsoft windows 10 home and pro keys available. All keys are 100 percent genuine. We accept payments via paypal, google pay, Facebook messenger.

    Windows 10 pro: $30

    Windows 10 home: $25

    We also stock product keys for Microsoft windows 7, and 8. Also we have Microsoft office product keys.

    If you have any questions. Please feel free to send a message

    submitted by /u/rgarvey2
    [link] [comments]

    File Explorer Won't go into dark mode.

    Posted: 07 Aug 2019 10:03 AM PDT

    I've ben trying everything to just get file explorer in dark mode. The last thing I've tried is to typing "sfc /scannow" into command prompt, and it says there a corrupted files that can't be fixed... any ideas on how to find the files, fix them, and or put file explorer in dark mode?

    submitted by /u/OGPanda18
    [link] [comments]

    Best Windows version for my hardware

    Posted: 07 Aug 2019 02:28 AM PDT

    Which versión of Windows would run better with this hardware? 7, 8.1 ir 10?

    8 GB RAM Intel i5 3330 HDD 1 TB

    submitted by /u/Tale1906
    [link] [comments]

    Dual Monitors and Snapping. Get's stuck on edge in certain situations.

    Posted: 07 Aug 2019 01:38 AM PDT

    1. When dragging a window from one screen to another, it'll stop at the edge of the screens trying to snap-resize unless I move it excessively fast.
    2. When moving the cursor along the top or bottom of the screen, no matter how fast, it'll stop at the corners between screens.

    How do I fix both these issues without turning off window snapping entirely?

    Or even if it turns off snapping, I'd like to at least be able to drag a window in and out of maximized by dragging to and from the top.

    submitted by /u/MCMikeCheck
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel