• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Monday, August 12, 2019

    Flash Drive Error Tech Support

    Flash Drive Error Tech Support


    Flash Drive Error

    Posted: 12 Aug 2019 01:04 PM PDT

    Hello everyone. I don't know if this is where I'm supposed to post this but I'm having trouble with my computer. I need to move music files from my computer to my laptop for iTunes but my computer says it doesn't recognize my drive. I plug it into my laptop and it works just fine. I am very confused.

    Update: I uninstalled it and plugged it back it and it worked.

    submitted by /u/calminbelievesinme
    [link] [comments]

    Went to open computer this morning, ran into strange error (details inside)

    Posted: 12 Aug 2019 06:08 AM PDT

    First of all I'm terrible at understanding computers. I know the basics stuff to guarantee the computer is fine, but harder problems are really out of my way.

    I have a Dell XPS 13, but I really don't know the specs of it (I can try to find the model in their website). And it runs in Windows 10 Professional Version.

    So I went to turn on my computer this morning, and at first it didn't turned on. I thought it was a battery problem as I forgot to charge it the night before, so plugged the charger and turned it on again. Everything looks fine, I see my login screen with my wallpaper, my account name and even shows that it's connected to internet. I put the password, and it shows a black screen. http://imgur.com/a/LJvhGNo

    So I called my cousin, who is taking a it course in school and knows a bit more than me. He writes something like msconfig, and restarts the computer with only the base programs. The computer restarts and do immediately a update (the update I put to so later last night). If finishes, I return and the problem is still on.

    Ok, we try msconfig again but without luck. I talk to a few friends and family members, in try for some help, one of them suggests to run program.exe. I do it, a small window appears and dissapears and the fans wake up loudly. To my surprise AVG wakes up and shows me a notification (nothing important, just one of these ads for premium version), followed by another from CCleaner. I open Task Manager, and it looks as normal as before. Confused, I play around with the mouse and click the upper tab and drag it, showing behind the normal workplace.

    I get really motivated that it worked, but notice a few things that are off. The button for the windows apps (that one at the lower left screen) don't open, same as the notifications in the lower right. I open the services (that place where it shows things like internet connection, battery and such, I don't know the translation to English) and it appears normal but doesn't show internet (not even the symbol).

    I'm currently stuck in what to do next, a couple friends suggested me to refresh windows (that thing with having a Windows program on a pen that reinstall windows without messing up with files) and if that doesn't work do a hard reset. I wanted to hear more possibilities before doing any of these things.

    From what I've assumed, this might be a problem in showing windows, more specifically the windows workplace.

    Some things to clarify:

    -I didn't deleted system32, I'm not that stupid

    -I didn't downloaded/installed anything weird, the only thing was a damn Minecraft mod from a trusted site and a trusted creator (most downloaded mod)

    Edit: this got solved, I did a reinstall and reinstalled windows. Lost all applications but luckily no files. I still don't know what happened but at least I got a way to solve it if it happens again.

    submitted by /u/Sir_Artreen
    [link] [comments]

    Black screen white blinking underscore Help

    Posted: 12 Aug 2019 01:40 PM PDT

    I recently got an SSD and wanted to do a fresh start of windows by reinstalling it. I went through the motions of reinstalling windows 10 back to my computer using a USB and the windows creation tool. Everything was going fine but after the "getting files ready" screen windows asks for a restart and after that restart my computer attempts to boot from my ssd (which should have windows on it by this point to continue the installation process) but it just shows a black screen that has a white blinking underscore that blinks 3-4 times. Then goes to the next thing on my boot priority list (or just straight back to my bios if there is nothing else to attempt to boot). I have accessed the files and it shows that my SSD has accepted the files from windows and has what looks to be all the nessacary files to continue but it will not boot up. I have also tried to put it back onto my HDD (which windows was on before) and I get the same exact issue! Please help I am very desperate at this point and need help!

    submitted by /u/Official_JLM
    [link] [comments]

    Laptop BIOS Loop

    Posted: 12 Aug 2019 07:40 AM PDT

    So I have an Asus laptop and I was having start up issues where it would blue screen and bios loop. Sometimes it would start up and work fine and then other times it bios loops. I found out my hard drive was failing so I replaced that and it seemed to fix it for a while but now I can barely get it to not bios loop. I updated drivers and that fixed it for a while but now it's back. I would really like to see if there is some way I can fix it so I don't have to get a new laptop cause I need it for school.

    submitted by /u/TheZeck11
    [link] [comments]

    HP Laptop shut down on removing from power adaptor, running on battary at 70-80%

    Posted: 12 Aug 2019 07:31 AM PDT

    [model HP Laptop 15-bs1xx]

    I know what you are thinking that the battery has been damaged. well, I ran the diagnosis. and battery status is OK with 130 cycles and 666 days of lifetime. The laptop dies ( instantaneous) 💻when batteries on discharge mode reach 80- 60% range, and it opens on pressing the power button after attaching the power adapter.

    further, the laptop works fine if the power adapter is plugged in continuously

    It is also not a memory or a fan issue.

    product detail

    OS- Win 10 pro build 1809, 1.2 years old laptop, intel i5, 8 RAM, 2 GPU,

    Background - The issue started 2 weeks ago, No new apps have been installed this month. the laptop is only used for web browsing and MS office work.

    Steps that were taken until this post -

    1. followed steps 1 to7 in https://windowsreport.com/laptop-battery-not-charging-windows-10/ [ i,e Ran Power Troubleshooter, Update Battery Driver, Completely Drain the Battery and Recharge it, Updated BIOS, Checked if the adapter is working properly]
    2. checked the battery report in cmd.
    3. using on a cooling pad.

    Any help would be greatly appreciated 🙏🏻

    submitted by /u/Thanos-2014
    [link] [comments]

    MAC OS HARDWARE RAID PARTITION EXPAND / RESIZE FAILED: "MediaKit reports partition (map) too small."

    Posted: 12 Aug 2019 06:35 AM PDT

    MAC OS HARDWARE RAID PARTITION EXPAND / RESIZE FAILED: "MediaKit reports partition (map) too small."

    hello there!

    thanks so much for stopping by. your help is much appreciated. i've been pulling my hair out trying to figure out what's wrong here.

    //

    BACK STORY:

    i have an areca 8050 12-bay hardware (thunderbolt 3) raid that i purchased about a year ago. i love it ... EXCEPT, i cannot ever seem to be able to get mac os (now mojave 10.14.5) to actually expand the current partition with the new "free space" as i add drives.

    i started with only four 10tb drives. i'm now up to six. (my plan was to add on a drive as i needed more space.) every time i add a drive to expand the raid, i go thru all the steps on the back end (raid web management) ... then i get to the final step, which is the get mac os to resize the partition so i can actually use the free space. resizing failure. every time.

    when i added a drive to expand the raid volume the first time, i eventually made the decision to wipe everything and start again. (format, partition, etc.) this defeats the entire purpose of having a scalable raid! i have so much data now (about 30tb) that i really cannot restore from hard drive copies, time machine, etc. it's just too much.

    and i shouldn't have to! a scalable raid means that i should be able to pop in a drive (as long as i have empty bays), expand the raid volume on the back end, and then get mac os to add the new "free space" to the existing partition.

    raid is set up as a RAID6 (so two drives could fail) ... currently with 6 x 10tb drives (5 of which are active in the mac os partition).

    https://i.redd.it/naz5v6j7t0g31.png

    https://i.redd.it/b5lfcq3mr0g31.jpg

    https://i.redd.it/el2e9glpr0g31.jpg

    https://i.redd.it/j00j5qlqr0g31.jpg

    //

    HERE ARE THE STEPS that areca tech support has given me to follow:

    The Areca controller fully supports RAID expansion and volume migration

    Process done in GUI

    RAID Set Function > Expand RAID Set > "Choose the available drives to be added to the existing RAID set" > check confirm > click submit

    This will start the RAID set expansion and the Volume State will change to Migrating and show you the processing percentage

    Once the expansion is don and the volume state shows "normal", next step is to Modify the volume set.

    Volume Set Functions > Modify Volume Set > Here you will change the Volume Capscity to the max capacity allowed > check confirm > click submit > Next message should say "volume set modified"

    and your done, Go to RAID Set Hierarchy > here you will be able to see the new capacity. This process is non-destructible to existing data on the volume.

    The Final step is done on the OS side, In MacOS, you will need to restart the computer in order for the new capacity to be detected. Once restarted, go to Disk Utilities and change the partition size, it will show you the free space available, click apply and done.

    //

    in mac os, i go thru the steps to add the new "free space" to the existing partition.

    THIS IS THE ERROR / DETAIL THAT MAC OS RESPONDS WITH:

    Partitioning disk "Areca ARC-8050-VOL#000 Media" (disk14)

    Running operation 1 of 1: Remove "Free space" ((null))…

    Verifying the disk

    Verifying file system.

    Volume was successfully unmounted.

    Performing fsck_hfs -fn -x /dev/rdisk14s2

    Checking Journaled HFS Plus volume.

    Checking extents overflow file.

    Checking catalog file.

    Checking multi-linked files.

    Checking catalog hierarchy.

    Checking extended attributes file.

    Checking volume bitmap.

    Checking volume information.

    The volume ARECA RAID appears to be OK.

    File system check exit code is 0.

    Restoring the original state found as mounted.

    MediaKit reports partition (map) too small. If you recently grew your whole-disk, you should run whole-disk repair.

    Operation failed…

    Resizing

    https://i.redd.it/by50xbxvr0g31.jpg

    https://i.redd.it/c9lxyy5xr0g31.jpg

    https://i.redd.it/i71ov5iyr0g31.jpg

    https://i.redd.it/uit52t41s0g31.jpg

    https://i.redd.it/h72yh3r2s0g31.jpg

    //

    i have attached screen shots of what i see on my end.

    thanks so much for your help! this has been driving me crazy!

    note: i keep very large video files on the raid for television ... so the stripe/block size is set to the highest i could make them.

    blessings,

    chris

    submitted by /u/cpvlk
    [link] [comments]

    Imgur loads to right side of the screen please help.

    Posted: 11 Aug 2019 03:16 PM PDT

    Wet Laptop on Bottom

    Posted: 12 Aug 2019 07:47 AM PDT

    Every night I use my laptop from a nightstand. I had a bottle of water (which I thought was closed) sitting next to it. Overnight, the water bottle was knocked over and spilled. It didn't spill ON the laptop, but it stayed on the nightstand and pooled up underneath it. I'm not sure how long it sat like this (likely a few hours). Like a dumbass, when I saw the wreckage this morning I tried to turn the laptop on twice. It powered on but said it couldn't find an operating system. After two attempts I began searching the internet and discovered I should NOT be turning the laptop on. Right now it's sitting upright to drain the water with a fan on it. Will it be okay, and does anyone have any recommendations for how to salvage it??

    submitted by /u/irresponsie
    [link] [comments]

    Help

    Posted: 12 Aug 2019 05:44 AM PDT

    Hi guys I have a problem I bought a Razer Nari headset yesterday for my ps4 and i had a problem with the mic the people i play with can hear my audio from my headset and can hear their voice repeating This was very annoying and shouldn't be happening with a 150$ headset that's says works perfectly with ps4 Did anyone countered my problem and is there are a way to fix it (Sorry for my bad english)

    submitted by /u/Sspiky9
    [link] [comments]

    "Extending" the wireless range of a Logitech Wireless Headset that is using proprietary wireless.

    Posted: 11 Aug 2019 10:59 PM PDT

    Hi,

    "Extending"

    I realise that it's impossible to extend the range per se, but I can put the dongle in a better place in the house.

    Raspberry Pi and "VirtualHere"

    I've tried using my Raspberry Pi and "VirtualHere" to emulate a USB slot in a more central location in the house, essentially hijacking my LAN to act as a virtual cable however after a restart of my computer I end up running into sound issues and glitches with VoiceMeeter Banana/Potato.

    USB Extension

    So what I am looking to do now is use 1 or 2 USB extension cables to move the dongle to a more central place in the house. I already have a hole in the wall that used to have an ethernet cable running through so I obviously don't want to have to drill this hole to the size of a full USB so I am looking to do...

    • PC USB A (Female) ---> USB A (Male, 5M cable) TO USB C (Male, 5M cable) ---> USB C (Female, adaptor) TO USB A (Female, adaptor) ---> USB Dongle

    Of course the combination could be reversed to have the adaptor PC side, making it:

    • PC USB A (Female) ---> USB A (Male, adaptor) TO USB C (Female, adaptor) ---> USB C (Male, 5M cable) TO USB A (Female, 5M cable) ---> USB Dongle

    Data Transfer?

    I assume the USB cable & adaptor need to be able to transfer data for the USB device to fully work. (It's not power limited, because I tried it in a plane USB A Male to USB A Female 20m extension and it worked perfectly. I just don't want to have to drill a big ass hole for the full USB to go through!

    Could someone advise on some cables / adaptors, if possible with some examples of what I need from Amazon.co.uk :)

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/IAmABritishGuy
    [link] [comments]

    Huawei m5 tablet SHT-AL09 No keyboard means I can't unlock the screen. Please help?

    Posted: 11 Aug 2019 09:39 PM PDT

    I'd prefer to not have to wipe the data if possible?

    submitted by /u/Cambioso
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel