• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Saturday, August 3, 2019

    Dharma virus has encrypted everything with “HARMA” extension. Tech Support

    Dharma virus has encrypted everything with “HARMA” extension. Tech Support


    Dharma virus has encrypted everything with “HARMA” extension.

    Posted: 02 Aug 2019 12:43 PM PDT

    Just today, I came back from a one-week trip to my grandmas funeral, and found out my computer was encrypted. I was writing documents through Windows RDP from my laptop to my PC, since my laptop did not have a license of Microsoft Office, I used remote access to my computer.

    A person has scanned though thousands of ip addresses and looked for open ports, found my computer, and Brute-forced his way through. He accessed PayPal, signed up with my email, and took money out, he also put a Dharma virus on it, my essays, work projects, and ongoing research and data I've collected for 8 months are all gone, encrypted in the ".HARMA" extension.

    I'm stuck with collage debt, even worse, I do not have the funds to pay for the ransom, I'll lose my job if I can't get my files back, and if anyone knows how to get the data back, please, please, please don't hesitate, send me a message.

    submitted by /u/MikePinceLikeKids
    [link] [comments]

    Tachyon Internet Security randomly installed on my PC?

    Posted: 02 Aug 2019 08:27 PM PDT

    Hello, my current operating system is Windows 10, and when I turned my computer on about an hour ago, windows told me something about tachyon security being out of date, and then a window popped up that said it was Tachyon internet security, and it started installing some stuff. Afterwards it brought up the control panel for the application, and there is a desktop icon for it too. I never installed this software, did windows start installing this on our computers? do I have a virus?

    submitted by /u/scumsuckinglandlord
    [link] [comments]

    What's the best way to turn one Ethernet cable connection into two?

    Posted: 03 Aug 2019 03:24 AM PDT

    So I've got one Ethernet cable running from the router to my PC and I want to connect a second PC to the internet. I want to play videogames (Overwatch) with my girlfriend.

    I'm kinda confused by all the mixed messages on forums. Should I just buy a cheap Ethernet splitter or would that mess with the signal. Is a switch or modem better? Like I said, it's for gaming simultaneously, no need for the two pc's to communicate to each other.

    P.s. not sure if this is the right subreddit and/or flare. Would love your advice.

    submitted by /u/Darkwaver5501
    [link] [comments]

    How do I completely block an email from contacting me?

    Posted: 03 Aug 2019 12:38 AM PDT

    You know how companies occasionally send you an email with a code or something to do a quick security check? Well ebay does by banning your account with no warning or information why. You then have to spend 10 minutes trying to get into your account just far enough that you can create a support ticket asking why you've been banned. Well I was told I would have to ring them up and give them some information blsh blah honestly I hate ebay so I just said no kill the account. Long story short they're still sending me promotional garbage and the unsubscribe/contact preferences button isnt that helpful. Turns out you can't stop a company contacting you if the idiots ban your account.

    So I just need to know how to completely block them out. Cheers

    submitted by /u/WeebyJones
    [link] [comments]

    PC not displaying onto monitors

    Posted: 02 Aug 2019 11:32 AM PDT

    I've been having an issue with my self-built PC for a couple of weeks that I've been trying to remedy. A couple weeks back my computer suddenly decided to stop turning on; after a bit of diagnosing I figured it was a motherboard issue so I got a new one. After installing the new motherboard, my computer was now able to turn on, all the fans would spin and the lights would come on, but nothing would show up on the monitor. After redocking the GPU a few times I also tested a different power supply, a different CPU, and a different GPU but the problem would still persist. I decided to get a new motherboard again to see if the motherboard I initially received was broken, but after installing it today I've found the same issue still occurs. Any insight into this issue would be tremendously helpful as this has been causing me a lot of headache these past couple weeks. I'll try to also answer any further questions you might have about the situation. Thank you for reading

    Edit: my computer specs are as follows (not the parts I tested with but what the PC I'm actually trying to build is)

    Motherboard: Gigabyte 78LMT-USB3 R2 GPU: EVGA GTX 960 CPU: AMD FX 8350 Power Supply: EVGA 450 BT

    If there's anything I missed let me know

    Edit 2: I've tried the onboard graphics and the RAM, still doesn't work

    Edit 3: as user u/Riente pointed out I don't think onboard graphics will work since the FX series of processors don't support it. Please correct me if I'm wrong

    Edit 4: considering just taking u/boogjerom advice of just going to see a professional to personally diagnose it. My gut feeling is that I received another broken motherboard. Perhaps I should consider getting them at a store instead of online to minimize shipping damages

    submitted by /u/PopplioMasterRace
    [link] [comments]

    Advice: Does anyone know how to restore an iPhone 4 from a bootloop without it updating itself?

    Posted: 02 Aug 2019 11:51 PM PDT

    I received an iPhone 4 earlier today running ios 6 or lower (I know thanks to the old gradient apple logo). It keeps bootlooping, however. Plugging into iTunes says it can restore it, but the only option is to "restore and upgrade". The iPhone 4 is notoriously bad when it comes to performance on ios 7 (the max it will auto-update to).

    Does anyone know any way to bypass this iTunes signing?

    Does anyone know a way to downgrade from ios 7 (without being tethered, and with functional cell service)

    I have no idea if it's jailbroken or not, or whatever is causing the bootloop.

    I can't make a backup to bypass the signing either, because it's stuck in the bootloop.

    Does anyone know ideas that could help me in my goal of keeping this phone beneath ios 7 and functional?

    If so, I'd gladly appreciate it.

    -Dom

    submitted by /u/Viore567
    [link] [comments]

    Brand new desktop. Brand new TV. Brand new HDMI. I can’t get them to work together.

    Posted: 02 Aug 2019 10:51 PM PDT

    I bought a nice ABS desktop and a TCL 42 inch TV to use as a monitor. I ran an HDMI from the tv port to the desktop port and I turned the desktop on. The desktop powers on but the tv just says no signal detected. I've tried switching hdmi ports. I've tried power cycling. Am I missing something obvious? Please assist if you can.

    submitted by /u/MEK42
    [link] [comments]

    "Sounds" option isn't showing up on Windows 10 anymore?

    Posted: 03 Aug 2019 04:23 AM PDT

    So, in my taskbar manager, when I right-clicko n the speaker icon, there used to be 5 options: "Open Sound Settings", "Open Volume Mixer", "Spatial Sound (Off)", "Sounds", and "Troubleshoot Sound Problems"...I'm now missing the "Sounds" option to access the Sounds control panel. Was this in an update?

    For reference

    P.S. I know how to get to the Sounds Control Panel still, I'm just wondering if there is a setting that can enable it to be accessed from the Speakers icon in the bottom right of my screen.

    submitted by /u/ciraolon1
    [link] [comments]

    Windows 10 running unbearably slow despite low resmon readings

    Posted: 03 Aug 2019 04:21 AM PDT

    I'm working with one family member's laptop - she's running an Asus laptop, UX360C, running 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD and and intel m3-7y30 cpu. It was bought like 2 years ago but it runs unbearably slow. So much as starting firefox or going to any website, hell - even typing in the start menu or scrolling down any window is so slow that even the letters appear with a lag. It gets these crawl periods all the time, then behaves OK for a few seconds but then coming to a crawl again if you so much as want to change the window.

    I've checked the most obvious places like autostart but it's basically empty apart from things like Bitdefender. There's no malware, no viruses, the laptop has been under Bitdefender's protecion since day 1. It's running Windows 10, I removed all the evident Asus bloatware. The browsers are clean, no toolbars or similar garbage. And the said party member is a pretty conscious user and she can spot obvious scams so it's not like it's because of her random browsing habits and/or downloading random malware shit from the net.

    I've also checked resmon readings during a sample, typical scenario: starting up the laptop, opening Firefox (or Chrome, doesn't matter - checked both), going to GMail, opening the first mail from the top. It was slow as hell, becoming unresponsive inside the windows basically 90% of the time. The readings, though? 50% load tops, both on CPU, disk and RAM, the whole time.

    Why is that so and what else can I try to prevent this? It just seems like it has no right on earth to perform so poorly with these specs and such a clean system, the readings seem to agree, and yet - it does.

    Also: I've tried uninstalling Bitdefender but it doesn't change anything. Everything is still just as sluggish. So much as scrolling down a window causes constant lags, it doesn't even have to be anything online - and yet the resmon readings stay the same...

    submitted by /u/-Tigro-
    [link] [comments]

    Monitor-PC problem

    Posted: 03 Aug 2019 04:12 AM PDT

    Hello,

    I am having this problem with my PC or monitor:

    I have no windows installed, I wanted to enter BIOS, I've got a monitor keyboard and mouse connected to my PC. The PC starts, but the monitor doesnt display anything. Thing is they enter stand by mode. Both monitors are working as I have tested them before on my laptop.

    Is it a problem with the connection between my PC and Monitor or is it because I have to press the bios/UEFI key so that it will show something on my monitor?

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/SupremeDaniy0Leader
    [link] [comments]

    Vertical lines on monitor

    Posted: 03 Aug 2019 04:00 AM PDT

    Hello,

    I keep getting these vertical lines every time I boot up the computer, and after 5-20 minutes the screen just goes completely white or blue and the computer pretty much crashes.

    Is this a gpu problem? I tried underclocking the gpu and it seemed to help somewhat but i still keep getting these sorts of crashes. Should i just buy another gpu or could it be something else? My gpu is a r9 280.

    Image: https://imgur.com/VypPVp4

    submitted by /u/D1V1D3R
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone battery dying and causing crashes, help?

    Posted: 03 Aug 2019 03:58 AM PDT

    What it sounds like. I have had my phone for over two years and it's now starting to show a lot of issues. I noticed at first that the battery was dying very quickly between charges and that's how I knew something was wrong. I am unable to replace the battery unfortunately, and I am waiting patiently to get my new phone, which should be in a week or two, give or take, therefore I'm stuck with a faulty iPhone that keeps crashing until then. My question is, how can I save battery life and prevent crashes (or at least lessen them) until I get my new one?

    Edit: For details, I have to keep it plugged in nearly 24/7 or it will crash, give the 1% battery screen, then reboot with 100%. Just now it did that and then rebooted a second time too. I closed out of all my apps and deleted some and so far that seems to have worked, since a phone with a weak battery apparently can't perform with a lot of running apps in the background. Also, these reboots and crashes seem to occur more often in the early morning than any other time when I turn on my phone and I don't know why that is.

    submitted by /u/thats-my-marmalade
    [link] [comments]

    Should I change my GPU?

    Posted: 03 Aug 2019 03:57 AM PDT

    Is Ryzen 5 2600X overkill for RX 570 Sapphire pulse (overclocked)? Will it bottleneck much or should I buy GTX1070? Does it really matter that much because I really don't want to spend more cash if the performance improvement is little... and is the fps drop going to be high so that I should get a new gpu?

    submitted by /u/Zemo_Limar
    [link] [comments]

    Mounting external drives to NAS Pool without formatting?

    Posted: 03 Aug 2019 03:54 AM PDT

    Does anyone know if there is a way to add my external HDD that is in FUSE format to my freenas system without formatting to zfs and losing my data?

    submitted by /u/dclyo
    [link] [comments]

    XML-RPC server accepts POST requests only.

    Posted: 03 Aug 2019 03:53 AM PDT

    Is it a bad thing if the xmlrpc.php file gives you this? I read that this is commonly exploitable and I'm not sure whether I should be concerned and should disable XML-RPC. If any of you guys could help me out that would be great.

    submitted by /u/rcade7549
    [link] [comments]

    I need help Downloading Ram

    Posted: 03 Aug 2019 03:52 AM PDT

    Where can I download the most ram? I've already used the Alt+F4 technique!

    submitted by /u/Lukkesmith
    [link] [comments]

    Important M4A file doesn't play

    Posted: 03 Aug 2019 03:42 AM PDT

    I recently recorded an important interview with my Iphone 6. When I wanted to play the audio it wouldn't play. When I pressed the play button, nothing would happen. Still, it would show in the "audio list" as a 29-minute audio file.

    I downloaded it on my Windows PC and tried to play the file on Windows Media Player. It also didn't work there.

    Could the file be corrupted, is there a way to still safe the file? The size ot the file is 14 MB, which corresponds with the size it should be. Does that mean the audio is still in there?

    submitted by /u/idiotsandwich2000
    [link] [comments]

    Help! My PC keeps connecting with my wireless amplifier instead of connecting to my more powerfull router.

    Posted: 03 Aug 2019 03:40 AM PDT

    As seen in the header I have issues with my PC connecting to my amplifier instead of the router. You see the router gives me a frequency of 5 Ghz and the amplifier one of 2,4 Ghz. Now simply using a lan cable seems like the easiest option, but I can't currently drill holes into my walls so that option is out of the window. If it helps, I'm currently running the latest version of Windows 10.

    I am thankfull for any ideas.

    submitted by /u/Fire99xyz
    [link] [comments]

    Why did Edge open, searching "biogradska gora national park montenegro" in Bing?

    Posted: 03 Aug 2019 03:40 AM PDT

    So, I started up my computer a few minutes ago, and Microsoft Edge opened (My default browser is set to Google Chrome) and then opened BING (ew) searching "biogradska gora national park montenegro" I've never even heard of that. What would've caused this to happen?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/theepiccarday808
    [link] [comments]

    Chrome Error.

    Posted: 02 Aug 2019 07:59 PM PDT

    Everytime I use Chrome to search something, it eventually freezes my phone with no way to close the application. Everytime this happens, I must hold down the power off and down button to switch my phone off. Any reason this is happening, and if there is, any way to stop this?

    My Phone is running on Android Pie.

    submitted by /u/Username_Sniper
    [link] [comments]

    Lenovo Ideapad 700 - Randomly Sleeping Issue

    Posted: 03 Aug 2019 03:29 AM PDT

    Hi all.

    I've had my Lenovo Ideapad 700 for a few years now, but in the last year or so, I've had a repetitive issue where my laptop randomly goes to sleep. This occurs whether on charge or off charge.

    Often, it occurs just when completing normal tasks, such as browsing chrome. However, I've noticed recently that when I load Apex Legends, for example, the laptop will shut down and black out completely without any prior warning, requiring a restart. This usually occurs when I have first loaded the game, but not again after that.

    I've seen in some of the forum posts regarding a similar issue that a BIOS update could be a potential fix. However, I am not particularly tech-minded and I am unfamiliar with what this would entail. Any further advice regarding this recommendation would be appreciated.

    Here is my System spec. I've noticed that my BIOS version is from 2016 - whether this requires an update or not, I'm unsure.

    I'd really appreciate any suggestions as to what could be causing the issue and any potential fixes.

    Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/InfernoTurnip
    [link] [comments]

    Issues with Internet (Urgent)

    Posted: 03 Aug 2019 03:29 AM PDT

    Due to having to move, I lost my stable internet connection. At my new place, I only have access to a certain student--focused internet service, which doesn't allow consoles to connect to it. I went around this issue by creating a hotspot on my PC and using that. However, while that worked for a while, now, upon testing the internet connection, I get the message that:

    "The connection to the server has been lost. There might have been a problem in connecting to the network, or PlayStation Network or the server of the service provider might be temporarily busy."

    It manages to obtain the IP address and connect to the internet, but it fails the PSN check, preventing me from using the internet. Does anyone know how to remedy this? We really need internet on this device.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/OnceAndForeverKing
    [link] [comments]

    Youtube Videos are lagging on full screen (1080P 60FPS)

    Posted: 03 Aug 2019 03:22 AM PDT

    Hello, so I just built my computer and everything seems to work fine but I have a problem with youtube videos, they are a bit laggy when I enter full screen on full HD 60FPS ( GOOGLE CHROME )
    My specs
    Asus strix Vega 56
    Ryzen 3600
    Corsair 16gb ram 3000mhz
    b450 tomahawk

    submitted by /u/ReshYaslord
    [link] [comments]

    Renaming printer causes it to print through another.

    Posted: 03 Aug 2019 03:22 AM PDT

    Title, doing this at work and it's messing up our day. Other printer works like normal, but trying to print through the renamed one causes the non-renamed one to spasm. Any help would be great.

    submitted by /u/ShinyGrezz
    [link] [comments]

    Constant DRAM light on boot

    Posted: 03 Aug 2019 02:59 AM PDT

    I built myself a new pc two days ago, which ran fine until today. I noticed that only one of my two RAM sticks was recognized (16gb x2 from corsair, vengeance lpx @ 3000mhz), so I tried fixing it by moving the two sticks to the adjacent slot. Now, whichever configuration I try, even returning to the initial one, it won't boot anymore. I also tried the two RAM sticks from my old build to the same result. Motherboard is asus prime Z390-A

    Any further steps I could take? Or should I assume the motherboard is faulty?

    submitted by /u/XtendedImpact
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel