• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Wednesday, August 7, 2019

    [DEV] My first app that I made without following up tutorials. Please give me pointers as to where I can improve. The app names any color you point to. My app link : Colouizer Android Apps

    [DEV] My first app that I made without following up tutorials. Please give me pointers as to where I can improve. The app names any color you point to. My app link : Colouizer Android Apps


    [DEV] My first app that I made without following up tutorials. Please give me pointers as to where I can improve. The app names any color you point to. My app link : Colouizer

    Posted: 07 Aug 2019 08:30 AM PDT

    I swear I think Apple pays Snapchat for them to make the Android app as shitty as possible so they get people to iOS

    Posted: 06 Aug 2019 04:46 PM PDT

    8 YEARS have passed and not only Snapchat issues on Android have never been resolved but they introduce new ones every couple months.

    It's a fact that Snapchat loves Apple and iOS but at least can they try to make the Android app decent after all this years of the Android Community complaining!

    Blatant favoritism and negligence they don't even try hiding it.

    Good thing Snapchat is dying and everyone is switching to Instagram.

    submitted by /u/Dr_Skyman
    [link] [comments]

    OneNote or Evernote?

    Posted: 07 Aug 2019 09:02 AM PDT

    I have always used OneNote. It is a fantastic note taking app.

    I here people say evernote is better. I am curious how it is better?

    I do wish notes could be organized in alphabetical order within a section on OneNote. Does everyone have that capability?

    submitted by /u/esrph
    [link] [comments]

    Yet another major version release of Hermit, the Lite Apps Browser (and Unlocker on sale starting now!)

    Posted: 06 Aug 2019 11:29 PM PDT

    This release is all about listening to your feedback and adding new features or changing behavior that you have requested from us. And the Unlocker app is on sale throughout the rest of this week.

    Get it now or grab the Unlocker on Sale

    New to Hermit? Lite Apps are fast and lean Web apps, tightly integrated with Android. With Hermit, you can create your own Lite Apps out of any Web site. Unlike a usual traditional browser, Hermit integrates Lite Apps into your Android OS, so that you can share from any other Android app to a Lite App, search from within the Lite App, get notifications via Atom & RSS feeds, and customize Privacy Settings, Content Settings, and Behavior for every single Lite App individually — features you won't find in any other browser. Hermit is proudly Android-first and Android-only, and follows Material Design guidelines to bring you a superb user experience backed by solid engineering & a commitment to your privacy: no personal data collection, no behavior tracking, all brought to you by a small California indie developer.

    OK, now back to what's new this month:

    Tags!

    So many of you told us that you loved Hermit so much, you've created tens or hundreds of Lite Apps, and needed a way to organize them better. So we're introducing Tags in this version in the Early Access Program. In the next release, Tags will be available as a Premium feature more widely. Many ready-made Lite Apps are already tagged by us, and you can also define and use your own tags.

    Grid View is now default for everyone, out of Early Access

    The old list layout is now gone; now Hermit's main screen feels more like a launcher and less like a bookmark manager.

    You can drag Lite Apps to re-order them in the grid.

    To delete Lite Apps, open the Lite App, go to "Settings", then "Theme", and click on "Remove" from the card.

    Keep Lite Apps in RAM longer We heard loud and clear that you would like to see Hermit Lite Apps stay in memory longer. So although we had earlier kept a low limit to help Hermit work well on low-RAM devices, we've increased the size of saved state so more Lite Apps can stay in memory longer. Also, Lite Apps won't be closed on pressing the Back button, they just go to the background now. When you click back to an already-open Lite App, Hermit will remember where you were, and will not refresh the page. Hope you find this little change useful!

    New Privacy Settings to allow opening and installing Native Apps

    Hermit can now open existing installed native apps, or open Play Store as appropriate, with your permission if a Lite App asks for it. Previously, Hermit automatically blocked this without asking for your permission; now you can choose what you would like to do for each Lite App.

    Search Icon is now back in the toolbar

    In early versions of Hermit, the search icon used to be in the toolbar. Subsequently, it was moved to live alongside other Quick Settings in the right-side drawer, but since many of you wrote to us asking to move it back, here it is!

    Renamed "Customization" to "Settings" everywhere to reduce confusion between the two.

    Bug Fixes and Performance Improvements!

    No, we're not kidding! OK, maybe just a little.

    At Chimbori, we're always diligent with providing you detailed changelogs about every single new feature in every single release. In this particular release, we took extra care in perfecting and polishing the features we already have, and have addressed a lot of the feedback we have received over the past several months.

    Usability and Visual Improvements

    • "Add Bookmark" button is now in the left navigation drawer, just below the list of bookmarks.
    • When a site you browse to is blocked by the Ad Blocker, Hermit shows a message letting you know about it.
    • Scriptlets are now inline in Quick Settings instead of on a separate screen.
    • Added a button to open the Settings drawer from the standalone Reader App. Previously, you could swipe in from the right edge, but there was no hint that this was possible.
    • Instead of showing a few ungrouped notifications, now all notifications over 5 from a single source are grouped together.
    • Added support for downloading "blob:" URIs directly from the WebView. Fixes Voice Memos and other Lite Apps.
    • Moved around a bunch of settings to better organize them. Check out the Settings for any Lite App.
    • New custom fonts throughout the app!
    • setOnlyAlertOnce() to prevent repeated sounds and vibrations when an existing notification is later updated.

    Bug Fixes

    • 🐞 Correctly opens links from notifications and other sources passed to a Lite App.
    • 🐞 Better refreshing of Feeds and Web Monitors using the new WorkManager (previously used JobScheduler).
    • 🐞 When a favicon is not available, we create a monogram, but the icon type was still being set to favicon.

    See https://hermit.chimbori.com/changes for the full details!

    More about Hermit

    • Stable, Frequent Releases: We release new versions of Hermit roughly every few weeks, after they've met our high quality bar & undergone rigorous testing by our thousands of Beta testers (thank you, all!) So, we don't have to push bug fixes on a daily basis & you don't have to spend your precious bandwidth downloading repeated updates to the app every couple days just because we made a boo-boo.
    • We publish a detailed changelog for every major and minor version: check it out at https://hermit.chimbori.com/changes
    • Hermit itself (the APK) is as light as it can be, under 4 MB. (Yes, even with all these features!)
    • We respect your privacy: We are a private California company, not a fly-by-night operation or a massive scam to collect and sell people's personal information. We don't collect any personal information, we don't sell any data to anyone.
    • Hermit requires absolutely no permissions to work. Zero!
    • Your are our customer, the main source of our revenue, to whom we owe our allegiance: We make money by making a superior product that we hope you, our users, enjoy & pay for. You would typically use Hermit for several hours a week. Yet, it's cheaper than a sandwich.

    The bottomline is, if you value your privacy at the price of a sandwich, then Hermit is for you.

    Go get the Hermit 14 update! or Unlocker on Sale.

    A Favor to Ask

    We read and appreciate every single review you write. If you had earlier written a review and would like to revise it based on the new features available, we would love that! Also, if you've never written a review, and would like to promote a no-ads, no-tracking, no-nonsense app, this is a good opportunity to do so. We remain in gratitude, thank you!

    submitted by /u/chimbori
    [link] [comments]

    Apps metadata (tag) for picture.

    Posted: 07 Aug 2019 08:56 AM PDT

    Hi I'm doing a lot some cleaning of old paper but would like to keep a numeric copy of them.

    I prefer to use the camera instead of a scanner apps, much more faster method + a prefers picture format over PDF form long term archive.

    But, i can't tag them (i think cam scanner can do this but all pdf format + long time btw each capture)

    So i would like to tag them with thing like : school, Finance, Familly ect.

    Any suggestion ?

    I suppose there is some apps on desktop, i'm open too but prefer the mobile solution.

    Ps : flair doesn't seem to work

    submitted by /u/Membership89
    [link] [comments]

    There is a "Removeddit" plugin for Reddit, is there one to download videos ?

    Posted: 07 Aug 2019 10:26 AM PDT

    I wanted to know if there is a plug-in but for video downloading ?

    submitted by /u/lashapel
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for news app with unattended mode (using an old phone as a news ticker)

    Posted: 07 Aug 2019 06:33 AM PDT

    Hey All,

    I have an old android device that i want to put on a stand on my desk and have it just grab the latest news and display in an attractive fashion. I'm thinking something like flipboard but that constantly updates itself without user interaction to display news?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/smallaubergine
    [link] [comments]

    Ebook reader that doesn't convert everything to plain text?

    Posted: 07 Aug 2019 03:14 AM PDT

    My son wants to read some Geronimo Stilton books but every ebook reader I get converts the heavily stylised pages and fonts to plain text. The files are epub format. Are there any apps that don't fuck with the design?

    submitted by /u/AimostFrontPage
    [link] [comments]

    question: timing on map app

    Posted: 07 Aug 2019 06:21 AM PDT

    i drive home to work and back on my electric bicycles, it takes me around 40 min,

    there are some routing options i can change in my route,

    i'm looking for an app that will track my route and duration so i can later mark (same) 2 points (from different days) on the map and it will tell me how much time it took.

    hope i explained myself well,

    thanks

    submitted by /u/hasamba
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for a task/time scheduler/management app with a specific feature

    Posted: 07 Aug 2019 12:16 PM PDT

    Hopefully this is the right subreddit for this.

    I'm looking for a time management app that can automatically calculate what needs to be done in order to meet a deadline.

    For example let's say I have a project due on the 25th of December. This project has 35 tasks that need completing before that date. I am looking for an app where I can input this data and be told "You need to do X tasks this week to meet your target" and have the app split tasks up over weeks for me.

    It's an obvious feature to me but I've been through a fair few apps now and can't find anything like this. Maybe I'm looking for the wrong kind of app but I have no idea what else it would be classified as.

    If anyone knows any apps like this or can point me in the right direction at least I'd very much appreciate it. Cheers.

    submitted by /u/Frustration-96
    [link] [comments]

    can chrome history be exported into kiwi browser?

    Posted: 07 Aug 2019 12:02 PM PDT

    App to disable silent mode

    Posted: 07 Aug 2019 04:12 AM PDT

    This is for my aunt, Android 7 Samsung. For some reasons, her phone goes in silent mode and she miss many calls. Probably the kids who plays with it.

    Is there a app to disable/block silent mode?

    submitted by /u/4goodapp
    [link] [comments]

    App to disable notification types per-app (ROOT OK)

    Posted: 07 Aug 2019 07:54 AM PDT

    Specifically, I have an app (MS Teams) which will sound off on every message. I want to know about messages visually - but don't want to hear about them.

    The application basically has two options, ON/OFF all notifications - the same control as the android system has over the app.

    I am looking for a tool to disable the sound notification only, and keep the notification present in the bar. If this is a permission setting, that's fine too. Turn that damn thing off. Is there an app that can do this for me?

    submitted by /u/BlueRoller
    [link] [comments]

    Climate Change Live - Apps on Google Play

    Posted: 07 Aug 2019 10:42 AM PDT

    App that makes tablet show up as a Chromecast?

    Posted: 07 Aug 2019 10:20 AM PDT

    I know I can simply install Netflix, Spotify etc. on the tablet and use it directly but I was wondering if there's an app that can make the tablet show up on the network as if it were a Chromecast, so other devices can play stuff on it.

    I've tried BubbleUPNP but it can only be seen by another Bubble app, doesn't show up for regular Chromecast-aware apps.

    submitted by /u/kare_kano
    [link] [comments]

    Whuch VPN app works in China?

    Posted: 07 Aug 2019 04:10 AM PDT

    I am travelling to China within this month. I heard that many top rated VPNs like Nord VPN is blocked in China.

    I also have been told by someone who recently travelled to China, whom I am not in touch with said that he had a VPN that worked in China.

    So, please give me sone suggestions.

    EDIT: I need a free VPN service for me, as Nepal's credit/debit card won't work in international domain. So, we can only use them for local services, and NordVPN, ExpressVPN, etc needs a free trial.

    I use VPN Master, a free VPN service to unblock content, but it does not work in China.

    Are there any free VPNs that work in China, and does TunnelBear-VPN Work in China?

    Any help is appreciated.

    submitted by /u/pragon977
    [link] [comments]

    GBoard GIF Quality

    Posted: 06 Aug 2019 03:54 PM PDT

    I feel like GBoard's gif quality has really gone down the tubes lately. Am I missing something? Is there a way to improve it?

    submitted by /u/Hagrid4President
    [link] [comments]

    Reading books with ReadEra

    Posted: 07 Aug 2019 09:54 AM PDT

    Cataloging screenshots

    Posted: 07 Aug 2019 01:54 AM PDT

    Is there an app that catalogs the screenshots taken in different apps in different folders?

    submitted by /u/rahul4112
    [link] [comments]

    Trying to understand how some game apps auto login

    Posted: 07 Aug 2019 08:56 AM PDT

    Of course this is not a big deal but it is frustrating. I have run into this before in the past and would like to understand how it happens. I got some aspergers and ocd stuff in me so some little things just bug me....

    So I was messing around with the idle game "Adventure Communist" after a few days realized I would have started it differently ( playing for free you have to be careful how you spend resources). I tried to clear the data on the game but it logged me back in. I tried to change my login in play store and then reload. Then I tried changing the play games app, uninstall the game, reinstall and still has my original progress.

    I looked up on their help forum about how to restart progress and it said you can't without the communist party something something.....so being told I can not do something really makes me want to do it now !!

    Anyways, if you have any ideas to try would love to hear it, thanks

    submitted by /u/texan_diablo
    [link] [comments]

    WORKING AUG 2019: Bypass Verizon Hotspot Tether WITHOUT ROOT

    Posted: 06 Aug 2019 06:07 PM PDT

    So this method is pretty straight forward and doesn't require root. After going thru my 15GB in a week while camping, Verizon throttled my hotspot to 600Kbps...which might as well be them turning off the function.

    With this method, it simply bypasses hotspot data and cloaks the data as if it was normal phone data.

    With my Verizon "unlimited" data plan, I have unlimited data (22gb and then deprioritized if congested, not throttled.). I've never been throttled for going over my cellular data, only hotspot.

    They throttle hotspot data, not cellular data

    To no one's surprise, this involves cloaking your connection as if it was your phone's usage.. By using a TTL of "65" and a VPN. Mobile phones use a TTL of 65, and it's ond of the ways carriers know you're using cellular or hotspot.

    Step 1) On your windows computer/laptop, open a new command prompt as administrator. You're going to be entering a command to change your TTL.

    If you're going to be using the laptop/computer as your device to use the data on, you'll be setting it's TTL to "65". For me, I wanted my Shield TV to be the device using the data, via my laptop's WiFi. So because it's going from my phone, to my laptop, to my shield, I cannot just set my laptop's TTL to "65" as there is one hop between the laptop and shield. If I just set the TTL to "65" on my Laptop and connect my shield to my laptop, the Shield will have a TTL of "66" and it'll be used as hotspot data which is throttled. I hope that makes sense..

    So..

    If you're just using the data on your laptop/computer, use the following commands in the CMD window:

    netsh int ipv4 set glob defaultcurhoplimit=65

    netsh int ipv6 set glob defaultcurhoplimit=65

    If you're like me, and want to use your laptop as a Wi-Fi repeater, you'll use the following commands:

    netsh int ipv4 set glob defaultcurhoplimit=64

    netsh int ipv6 set glob defaultcurhoplimit=64

    (Copy and paste the first line, hit enter, and CMD will echo out "OK.", then do the same with the 2nd line. Again, make sure you're running CMD as administrator.)

    Step 2) Turn on your cell phone's hotspot, for me I use the built in mobile hotspot function on my galaxy s9+

    Step 3) Whatever device you're going to be using the data on, launch a VPN. Some people might not need to use a VPN if they are just going from their phone to one device (without an extra hop). For me though, my shield would only bypass the throttling if I turned on the VPN on the shield itself. I personally use NordVPN.

    That's it, no more throttling. This has been a life saver for me, as I'm on the road traveling with my camper for the rest of the week. Having access to unlimited high speed internet has been amazing. Especially because I went over my hotspot data in the first week, and was throttled to 600kbps. Once I did the steps above, I went up to 35-50mbps. Plenty fast enough to stream my TV channels and Netflix.

    If you have issues with Netflix because of the VPN, just change your DNS. A quick Google search will help yah with that.

    This probably isn't the only method out there, but it worked for me. I tried several ways before just deciding to mess with my TTL values. My phone and Shield are both NOT ROOTED so the only way to change the TTL was via windows.

    Linux, Mac, and whatever else will normally have a way to change the TTL. So this isn't just for windows, just this specific guide is :)

    submitted by /u/Ohmybahgosh
    [link] [comments]

    Best "battery saver" apps for Android?

    Posted: 07 Aug 2019 07:36 AM PDT

    Why does KineMaster not working on Hauwei? I haven't had any problem with my previous androids.

    Posted: 07 Aug 2019 03:00 AM PDT

    It says engine failed

    submitted by /u/AlvinAlsace
    [link] [comments]

    I just sent my first app for publishing! It's an app that gets you directions, translations, google search results and sports updates all without wifi!

    Posted: 07 Aug 2019 06:11 AM PDT

    My app uses text messaging to get you directions...(all the features listed in title) without any wifi/data. So you never have to go over for essentials again.

    The landing page so you can learn more is here :

    https://context-landing.herokuapp.com

    The GitHub repo is here:

    www.GitHub.com/rafayk7/context-android

    Let me know what you guys think! Publishing is taking a while because I have to make a new use for text messaging on their portal, but hopefully soon!

    submitted by /u/bigDATAbig
    [link] [comments]

    I came across a list for the good APM tools for devs

    Posted: 07 Aug 2019 06:10 AM PDT

    I was researching some a good app performance monitoring tool to use for my app and came across this list for those that need it.

    submitted by /u/Nezar_Mansour
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel