• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Monday, August 12, 2019

    Computer Techs [Weekly Post] A Case of the Mondays - August 12, 2019

    Computer Techs [Weekly Post] A Case of the Mondays - August 12, 2019


    [Weekly Post] A Case of the Mondays - August 12, 2019

    Posted: 12 Aug 2019 03:04 AM PDT

    Tell everyone how your Monday is going. Please go to into excruciating detail.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Recognize this ransomware prompt? It originated from a fake Microsoft phone call where the user let the person into their computer remotely.

    Posted: 18 Jul 2019 11:55 AM PDT

    Cloning a bitlocker SSD

    Posted: 18 Jul 2019 10:14 AM PDT

    I am doing some research on this now as I haven't had to do this before, but if you guys have any suggestions I am looking for some advice.

    Clients machine is a Dell just over a year old with a failing M.2 SSD. Event viewer is filled with "bad block" errors against the drive. They had called because the machine blue screened and then came up asking for a bitlocker code. We pulled it up from their MS account and entered it but startup repair didn't work and going to a command prompt I was able to verify the C drive partition was still locked. I manually unlocked it at the command prompt and then ran startup repair which told me spaceport.sys was corrupted (a storage driver). Replaced with a copy from my Win 10 machine and then was able to boot. Turned back on bitlocker protection (had paused it) and rebooted and it rebooted just fine. Ran SFC and it couldn't repair files. Ran DISM and it errored more than half way through. Second SFC run blue screened which is when I noticed the disk errors.

    So I need to replace the M.2, but I am unsure the best way to go about cloning the drive. I have some M.2 USB adapters but I haven't determined yet if the M.2 in the laptop is compatible. I know some keyed types are and some aren't. Since the machine still boots, I was thinking of installing Macrium and making an image to a USB drive and then installing a new M.2 in the laptop and booting to image recovery to clone that way, but I don't know how much bitlocker might get in the way or if there are additional steps I will need to perform.

    submitted by /u/TheFotty
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel