• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Sunday, August 11, 2019

    Can someone help me id what is going on with my simulator, and why there's random pictures? Android Dev

    Can someone help me id what is going on with my simulator, and why there's random pictures? Android Dev


    Can someone help me id what is going on with my simulator, and why there's random pictures?

    Posted: 11 Aug 2019 12:15 PM PDT

    Maildroid ~ new email library

    Posted: 10 Aug 2019 11:23 PM PDT

    Maildroid ~ new email library

    Hi guys, I am a freelancer and in the last few projects, I had to implement emailing solution into the app. The libraries that were available were written a long time ago so support was almost not existent and let alone documentation was really old. So I decided to build Maildroid

    The library was born from the frustration of implementing an emailing solution into the app.

    Please have look and any feedback is welcome :)

    https://github.com/nedimf/maildroid

    submitted by /u/n3dxy
    [link] [comments]

    Admob Matchrate dropped substantially. What can I do?

    Posted: 11 Aug 2019 04:02 PM PDT

    Hi!

    I've only very recently taken up programming, and started out messing around with Android Studio. After a few weeks, I found a cool niche and made an app that would help people in that niche.

    I've since published it and have been working on more and more updates. I initially only added a singular banner ad to the bottom of most of the app. Once it started catching on, I was so excited to see that I was making anywhere from $3-$5 per day from Admob!

    Very recently though, that dropped to mere cents. From what I can understand, nothing is wrong with my code and ads still displaying... when they get filled. My match rate has dropped substantially from about 98% to about 3%.

    This was very disheartening to see, as I was really getting into developing this app, but can really only justify all the time I've been putting into it by the ad revenue.

    Is this something normal that happens? Are there long periods where your app may not get matches for ads? I've looked into Mediation, and added one additional network so far, but that hasn't seemed to make a difference (it has only been about 1.5 days though).

    tl;dr

    My app is nearing 2,000 active installs completely organically, but my Admob match rate dropped to basically nothing. I want to continue working on the app, but can't justify it without the monetization method working. What should I do?

    submitted by /u/dristenscape
    [link] [comments]

    how do the various mtg card scanner apps work ?

    Posted: 11 Aug 2019 02:33 PM PDT

    I have seen some text recognition tutorials but this apps scan the hold card and get everything from name of the card to price even from a just a fuzzy picture.

    example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ma47wAsTmVo

    if someone could point me to any tutorial or documentation i will apreciate it.

    submitted by /u/murkymurkymurky
    [link] [comments]

    Fair trade

    Posted: 11 Aug 2019 02:56 AM PDT

    Hey, guys! I have 3+ years of experience in Android development, which includes the participating in the teaching program at Coursera, and I have a proposal for you guys. I would like to teach someone from zero to hero (Android development ofc) for free but just talking in English.

    You see, I'm from Saint-Petersburg, Russia. I have some issues with my accent, and I really want to become more fluent in English. If someone is interested in this kinda frendo conversation things with programming practice, please, feel free to write to me.

    Also, you might be zero as Android dev, but you should know basic programming things like oop, classes, functions, and so on. I'm going to use Kotlin, btw, but if you know only Java, that's enough to understand, I'll teach you how to Kotlin too. Wish you luck.

    submitted by /u/nullpexx
    [link] [comments]

    How would I go about getting paid from an app?

    Posted: 11 Aug 2019 01:24 PM PDT

    I'm a newbie developer and I'm making a game for android. Let's say that I wanted to pay the dev fee to sell the game on the playstore. How would I set up a way of getting paid? I'm not sure of the process. Would I need paypal, or do they send a check in the mail? Or maybe I need to open a bank acc? I'm confused on the topic.

    Any help would be greatly appreciated, folks. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/MagicTacoSauce
    [link] [comments]

    How to catch “ERROR_USER_DISABLED” exception when I'm trying to reset password in Firebase Auth?

    Posted: 11 Aug 2019 08:37 AM PDT

    I have an Android Kotlin application where I need to create a Login Form. Now, I'm trying to create a feature like - reset password. That works perfectly but except one little thing. My code doesn't want to catch

    ERROR_USER_DISABLED 

    exception. Can you tell me why? My code catches other exceptions except this one.

    mAuth.sendPasswordResetEmail(email).addOnCompleteListener { task -> if (task.isSuccessful) { // everything's okay! Toast.makeText(this, "Check your email box!", Toast.LENGTH_LONG).show() } else { when ((task.exception as FirebaseAuthException).errorCode) { "ERROR_INVALID_EMAIL" -> { mInputLayoutEmail.error = "Email isn't valid!" } // it isn't caught. why? "ERROR_USER_DISABLED" -> { showDialogMessage("Your account has been disabled!") } "ERROR_USER_NOT_FOUND" -> { showDialogMessage("User not found!") } } } } 
    submitted by /u/Danil_Ochagov
    [link] [comments]

    60 Days Of Flutter: Building a Messenger from Scratch

    Posted: 11 Aug 2019 11:55 AM PDT

    I'll be writing a 60 day series on medium about my journey of developing a full fledged messaging app using flutter and firebase from scratch. Link:

    https://medium.com/@adityadroid/60-days-of-flutter-building-a-messenger-from-scratch-ab2c89e1fd0f?sk=b0315c7b56c3349c45bb9635ab3727af

    submitted by /u/aditya_gurjar
    [link] [comments]

    Can I use Admob to Show Ads on Facebook Game using Webgl

    Posted: 11 Aug 2019 06:47 AM PDT

    I'm new to unity. I've created a game and want publish on Facebook. I am confused, can i implement admob plugin in unity for Facebook. Will it this happen same way as i had implemented to show ads on android.

    submitted by /u/CynonianRaj123
    [link] [comments]

    I'm trying to implement the same buttons as in the picture below (Google Maps Layer selector). I've started with CardView but the layout quickly gets messy (a lot of elements, frame layouts etc). Is such control already available anywhere? I want it to have the same ripple effect as on Google Maps.

    Posted: 11 Aug 2019 02:59 AM PDT

    AdWord just screwed me

    Posted: 11 Aug 2019 12:17 PM PDT

    AdWord or Google ads just had a blast spending my money.

    I created a new campaign and to test the waters I gave a Max of $5,- per day.

    The first day is always off however this time the first day has cost me $21.50 with zero conversions :(

    Today I spent another $5 with exactly zero conversions

    I guess I will call it a failed attempt to avoid another Ooopla from Google with my money.

    Ps it's an ad for a paid app, so I was not expecting a lot of conversions, just anything > zero would have been useful at least.

    submitted by /u/VarolOkan
    [link] [comments]

    [DEV] Simple Ad-Free Task Manager Checklist App

    Posted: 11 Aug 2019 09:58 AM PDT

    Easy to use and ad-free! (see below)

    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.trollgen.ezchecklist

    So, the app simplifies keeping a to do list: you only have 2 lists, your "current tasks" list and your "do later" list

    You can swipe tasks to add them to your "do later" list and simply click on it to mark it complete and remove it from your list.

    Intuitive to use.

    To remove ads, just go to "settings" and use code "redditswag" (without the quotes) to remove all of the ads.

    submitted by /u/SuperSaiyan1010
    [link] [comments]

    Porting pc game to android

    Posted: 11 Aug 2019 07:53 AM PDT

    Hello fellow developers i am no developer myself But i am asking if this game is possible to port to android it is a 2d game its has a source code Here is the link http://flend.net/traumarl Thanks in advance

    submitted by /u/autowoi
    [link] [comments]

    Where to begin with rendering 2D graphics at a stable frame rate?

    Posted: 11 Aug 2019 02:26 AM PDT

    I apologise for the newbie question but I'm interested in bringing a game to Android using Java in Android Studio - no Unity or anything like that. The thing to do would be to draw to a canvas, so I followed Android Authority's "How to write your first Android game in Java" guide to get an image moving on the screen. This works as a starting point, but there is an issue.

    you should find that it generally measures a fairly steady 58-62 FPS on a modern device

    And sure enough, it bounces between 58 and 62fps on my device, creating some jitter. This is okay, but these drops can be quite distracting. So I looked into how to fix this, and it appears that the canvas is software-rendered, which just doesn't cut the mustard.

    So now I'm looking into how to rework their example to work with OpenGL ES. I'm a bit out of my depth and trying to find some examples that can hopefully work a bit like an HTML canvas element would. The game works entirely with bitmaps, so 3D and vectors aren't needed.

    I imagine surely some people here have managed to render games or animations smoothly, so how did you get started with that?

    submitted by /u/tenhourguy
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone know a library or solution to implement Spinner with bottomsheet dialog?

    Posted: 11 Aug 2019 01:53 AM PDT

    Android Spinner allows you to show options in two modes: dialog and dropdown. But for my UI will be better to show options in the bottom sheet dialog. I saw this in a couple of applications but can't find a library which can do this.

    submitted by /u/shtepzel
    [link] [comments]

    Gesture Navigation: A Backstory

    Posted: 11 Aug 2019 01:01 AM PDT

    Google Warns Tens Of Millions Of Android Devices Come Installed With Dangerous Malware!!

    Posted: 11 Aug 2019 09:26 AM PDT

    Github jobs app

    Posted: 11 Aug 2019 07:18 AM PDT

    Hi guys, I develop github jobs app. GithubJobs app which was built with modular structure, Kotlin DSL, Koin, Observer pattern. I would appreciate it if you review the project and make feedback or contribute to the project. https://github.com/fevziomurtekin/githubjobsapp

    submitted by /u/fevziomurtekin
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel