• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Saturday, August 31, 2019

    Apps running in the background (especially Spotify and YouTube) close, sometimes while I'm actively using them, how can I keep them open? Android Help

    Apps running in the background (especially Spotify and YouTube) close, sometimes while I'm actively using them, how can I keep them open? Android Help


    Apps running in the background (especially Spotify and YouTube) close, sometimes while I'm actively using them, how can I keep them open?

    Posted: 31 Aug 2019 08:44 PM PDT

    I have a Samsung S8+ with Android 9, Sprint, not rooted, all apps are up to date. I have a habit of pausing a YouTube video to do something else and come back to it, and over the past several days I've come back to it to find it's gone back to the home page, even when it's only been twenty minutes or so. I've now also had Spotify pause and stop running in the background after a little while of listening to a downloaded playlist, so not a connection issue. I'm sure there are other apps closing in the background, but these two are the ones I want to keep running.

    I've already checked in my settings, they both have restrict background and battery optimization unchecked, and allow background checked. I'm not sure what else to try. Any suggestions? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/FourPartFox
    [link] [comments]

    Just come back from China. Is my phone ok?

    Posted: 31 Aug 2019 08:58 AM PDT

    I have recently been to Beijing; it has been two weeks since I came home. I have been shutting off/starting my phone several times since then. And I have WeChat installed. And I have installed and disinstalled some Chinese map app while I was in Peking.
    Today I started my phone and found a communist rabbit fixing an Android droid. With written: fastboot.

    Is this... ok?

    submitted by /u/lucerna_iuris
    [link] [comments]

    Help - Imprint on the screen surface

    Posted: 31 Aug 2019 08:52 PM PDT

    Using Mi A1 Android One phone.

    For the past couple of days I am seeing sort of an imprint on the surface of mobile screen left over from a page I visited while browsing the Twitter site. Its not quite clear in the screenshot but I have tried to highlight those two areas of the Twitter page that appear on screen as if it has left an imprint on the screen. Its not a ghost screen issue but somewhat similar in nature.

    Check these two screenshots for comparison. Pic 1 and Pic 2

    In Pic 1, the "Log in" and "Sign up" portions of Twitter page (incl. other background areas not clearly visible) appear on the mobile screen as an imprint in the background.

    It may be hard to get an idea from the screenshot but in actual use of the phone, these imprints are visible under dark mode.

    Any suggestions on how to remove them? I have tried restarting phone many times, changing screen brightness, but nothing has removed those imprints from the screen

    submitted by /u/theShrekDJ
    [link] [comments]

    i have a storage problem

    Posted: 31 Aug 2019 08:32 PM PDT

    i transferred all the apps to the sd card, but my phone's internal storage is still full of the applications data. i need a solution please, ASAP!

    submitted by /u/sl0uma
    [link] [comments]

    No Option to Disable Auto-Updates for YouTube in Play Store

    Posted: 31 Aug 2019 08:05 PM PDT

    LG V30+, running stock ROM (Oreo 8.0, firmware 20h), rooted with Magisk

    I uninstalled YouTube with TitaniumBackup (pretty sure it was built-in to the stock ROM), then installed the YouTube Vanced Magisk module.

    So now Vanced is installed, but I'm pretty sure it's gonna break whenever Play decides to auto-update YouTube. But when I go to YouTube from within Play and go to the 3-dot menu, the auto update checkbox is missing.

    Screenshot

    I don't want to disable auto-updates for all apps, just YouTube.

    What am I missing here?

    submitted by /u/mon0theist
    [link] [comments]

    Razer phone 2 vs Sony Xperia XZ2 vs Asus Zenfone 5z

    Posted: 31 Aug 2019 10:22 PM PDT

    I want my next phone to be under $400 and have an SD845 in it for decent performance with Dolphin. It's come down to these three atm that I've found (open to other suggestions). I want the specs for emulation but this is also going to be my daily driver so it's got to have good bands for Cricket.

    I'm leaning towards Razer because it being a dedicated gaming phone probably means it handles heating and throttling better right? The lack of a headset jack, while not a deal breaker, hurts it for me though so it's pretty even between them all. I would appreciate any insight anybody is able to give. If you've got an opinion, I want to hear it.

    If it matters or if you have personal experience with the games I'm trying to emulate on these devices, I'd like to here your input on that too. The main three in question would be Fire Emblem Path of Radiance, Paper Mario Thousand-Year Door and Sims Bustin' Out.

    Here's some links to their specs:

    https://www.gsmarena.com/razer_phone_2-9363.php

    https://www.gsmarena.com/sony_xperia_xz2-9081.php

    https://www.gsmarena.com/asus_zenfone_5z_zs620kl-9096.php

    submitted by /u/SamuraiSpaceGhost
    [link] [comments]

    How do I unable a touch feature?

    Posted: 31 Aug 2019 06:30 PM PDT

    I have a Huawei Y9 2019 up to date and my phone got crazy all the sudden so I then rebooted it and now when I touch the screen a kind of feedback white ball appear along the touch (like the ball when someone records their screen and the balls symbolizes the touch of the user) Could someone tell how to disable it please?.

    submitted by /u/barto9991
    [link] [comments]

    Question about Gboard unit converter?

    Posted: 31 Aug 2019 05:25 AM PDT

    A buddy of me showed up on his iPhone how they use g board to convert units directly in the board like Fahrenheit to Celsius meters to feet etc and I've gone through my settings to try and find it and have not been able to figure it out I'm on a pixel 2XL so I'd suspect that it would be able to do anything that iPhone would be able to do with Gboard when anyone be able to explain to me what I'm missing or how to actually use that feature?

    submitted by /u/the_frgtn_drgn
    [link] [comments]

    How to change screen lock from pin to pattern

    Posted: 31 Aug 2019 05:57 PM PDT

    I have a Samsung Galaxy tab, and I've always had a swipe password on it but for some reason in my ambien induced stupor I decided to change it to a pin. Thankfully I remember the pin I just can't figure out how to change the settings back to pattern. Going into the lock screen section doesn't give me any options to make the change. It just shows that my screen security is secured with a pin. Going into the security section the only thing I can add, change or adjust in regards to a password is to set up a password under the factory data reset. Any advice would be much appreciated as I haven't found much help doing a google search for this.

    submitted by /u/thisismyname9496
    [link] [comments]

    Flash BLUEBIRD SF550?

    Posted: 31 Aug 2019 05:30 PM PDT

    I have a Bluebird SF550 that refuses to update (downloads update file through bbupdate then just won't install it. no error or anything)—is there any way for me to flash it with the newer firmware or even a custom ROM?

    submitted by /u/cold-pressed
    [link] [comments]

    I want to temporarily root my phone to change some things, I was wondering what's the best one click that doesn't require a computer because my phone is very hard to root. I heard of kingroot and kingoroot. I'm not sure if they are safe or not but if they are which one should I use?

    Posted: 31 Aug 2019 05:21 PM PDT

    Android 8.0 LG V30 Edit : not hard but risky

    submitted by /u/Rediikid
    [link] [comments]

    Can you apply the "auto" filer to all photos on Google photos?

    Posted: 31 Aug 2019 01:04 PM PDT

    Would be easier than manually going through each and selecting it.

    submitted by /u/jonomite
    [link] [comments]

    Any led light useful things you can do with it other than it telling you there's a notification?

    Posted: 31 Aug 2019 04:21 PM PDT

    Create Macrium Boot USB from OTG

    Posted: 31 Aug 2019 03:54 PM PDT

    So my PC got caught in the Windows 10 startup recovery boot loop last night after an update, which is its own type of hell. The real issue is that I don't have access to another operable Windows 10 OS to run Macrium Reflect and create a recovery USB. I'm currently attempting to flash a Windows 10 OS on EtchDroid (unrooted, btw). Which has thus far been unsuccessful, but I can probably figure that out. I would like to also create a Macrium boot usb as a fallback, as that seems to be the Reddit-approved solution. Anyone know if there is any way to run Macrium on an android device or access an executable iso that can be mounted on a USB from an OTG adapter? Any help is appreciated, thanks.

    submitted by /u/TLanders
    [link] [comments]

    Budget devices that support charging usb-c hubs?

    Posted: 31 Aug 2019 12:04 PM PDT

    Anyone have experience with charging hubs? I've had mixed success so far. Using two different hubs and 3 different chargers with same results.

    Confirmed working:
    Lenovo Tab 4 8 Plus
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 5e

    Confirmed not working:
    Lenovo Tab M10 (snapdragon 450, shows charging but isn't)
    Lenovo Tab 4 8 (non plus)

    I'm planning on trying the Samsung Galaxy A line next. I'm looking for something under $300.

    submitted by /u/groundchutney
    [link] [comments]

    Myanmar Font Not Visible - How to fix?

    Posted: 31 Aug 2019 07:06 AM PDT

    It just pops up with circles instead as per this picture. https://i.imgur.com/kWjcwRJ.jpg

    I have an unrooted Galaxy S10. Thank you

    submitted by /u/AndyPandiiee
    [link] [comments]

    Samsung S10e Frustrations

    Posted: 31 Aug 2019 03:46 PM PDT

    Sorry in advance if this is incorrectly posted.

    I upgraded to an s10e on T-Mobile from a Note 5 and I've had nothing but trouble.

    I live in a terrible reception area. I use WiFi for calling and I make sure I select "WiFi preferred" in my settings.

    For some reason, when I'm on the phone, it will randomly drop calls with the "beepbeepbeep" signal lost. Sometimes, it'll drop the call and give me a notification at the bottom about "Switch Network" or "No Thanks".

    I feel like for some reason the phone keeps trying to connect to the almost non-existent T-Mobile/4G network, and in successfully doing so, my call gets dropped.

    Now, when I had the Note 5, never had a dropped call.

    I'm ready to fling this $750 brick out my window.

    I have Spectrum and a 2G/5G router, and have tried both networks, though 2G is generally more reliable. The router is in an open, elevated, central area. I'm not sure what else to do.

    Has anyone had this problem? If so, is there a forum or someplace where I can just tick the boxes until I fix it?

    And thanks.

    submitted by /u/MR06GT
    [link] [comments]

    Need help resetting a default

    Posted: 31 Aug 2019 03:41 PM PDT

    I was using Google Docs on my phone and I accidentally set the default for sending word (.docx) copies to SMS. So whenever I tried to send a word copy it'll bring me to SMS, when I really want to email that copy. How do you reverse this?

    submitted by /u/Jes1898
    [link] [comments]

    Battery acting weird

    Posted: 31 Aug 2019 03:30 PM PDT

    Okay so I've had this problem going on for over few month. Device : Honor 8 (Indian version) So the battery has been acting weird. It charges upto 100% and then when it discharges to around 40% it suddenly shuts the phone down saying that the battery is empty. Also, sometimes even when I'm casually watching just videos while charging it, the battery seems to lower even when it's being charged up. Also the battery levels change when the device is rebooted. The phone is around 2 years old now and the battery cannot be removed. I've tried the calibration method for non rooted devices and had no success. Also the rooting for the device needs payment or something for the code so I'll pass. Should I just buy a new phone or can this be solved?

    submitted by /u/veniato
    [link] [comments]

    Charging problem. Please help

    Posted: 31 Aug 2019 03:06 PM PDT

    My phone (Note3, CustomOS: Phronesis) got a charging problem last night. It does not charge properly when running or if the screen is off now. Usually the LED went on while charging but it stays off now. Tasker is able to detect a power source (i had my Tasker icon change to a battery when connected) but the phone seems to cut off the charging current - like i assume it does it when it hits 100%, If connected now and i use it then the discharge is exactly comepensated, i. e. if i use it for 30 minutes, it stays at 78% the whole time....in fact my power bank led is flashing parallel to power consumption actions... Hardware problems can be 99,99% ruled out, since it charges normally if i shut it down completely.

    Last night i had a SuperSU update (automatically) which was asking for the permission for SuperSU itself (i think, also confusing) and for the zygote process... (Expert info: shell, ps ...grep: just 1 process), which surprised me... i think i didn't grant them... (it's not in the app list- didn't ask again)

    I also tested the QI - same thing: the phone detects it (effect:visual "smoke rings" on the screen) and immediately it says "wireless charging stopped" (in german)

    -Did i accidently lowered the cut-off charging from 100% to a much lower number ? If so , how to revert ?

    -Beside USB-Mode (MTP/PTP,Charging/etc.) and USB Fast Charging....anything else affecting USB handling ?

    Hints (even for for Kernel Auditor Mod settings) are welcome.

    submitted by /u/AlexF-reddit
    [link] [comments]

    Bootloop OP7 after uninstalling clock

    Posted: 31 Aug 2019 02:45 PM PDT

    I had an alarm-bug, so I tried to uninstall the clock.apk on my phone with root uninstaller.

    I then rebooted my phone, but it went into bootloop. I am able to boot into TWRP recovery and fastboot. If I reflash an OTA, will I fix my problem?

    I have some issues using the ALL IN ONE-toolkit. When I choose flash stock ROM, it errors saying "command flash all.exe and .bat not found". I have installed drivers and minimal ADB on my computer.

    submitted by /u/AdamJohansen
    [link] [comments]

    Video Lag while playing videos

    Posted: 31 Aug 2019 02:19 PM PDT

    I have lag while playing 4k any video. My phone is s7.

    Here is a 4k video that lags for me;

    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GxPl-CO3jte8X831WOdhruext6ky74FA/view

    You have to download it, not run it on compressed google drive.

    It's around 25mb.

    Please test it out and if it does not lag, I will upgrade to your phone.

    submitted by /u/TheBeardedShade
    [link] [comments]

    "Pixel is starting" never stops

    Posted: 31 Aug 2019 01:52 PM PDT

    I have a first generation Google Pixel that is running the version of Android Pie that came out in July. The bootloader on this device is unlocked and both of the system partitions are unmodified. It uses file-based encryption instead of full disk encryption.

    In an attempt to configure my device such that TWRP could successfully decrypt my encrypted data (see this), over the course of several sessions being temporarily booted into twrp-3.3.1-0-sailfish.img, I did a combination of renaming locksettings.db/gatekeeper.*.key (e.g., to *.bak.1), moving them back to their original names, and setting/unsetting my lock screen password/PIN/pattern in the Settings application. Now, when I boot into Android, I am stuck with the Pixel is starting message and its accompanying progress animation. There is nothing on the screen except the wallpaper (and that message) though I am still able to access Settings from the pull-down menu at the top of the screen.

    I want to get my phone unstuck from the Pixel is starting message and access my applications and data again. How would I do this?

    submitted by /u/Melab
    [link] [comments]

    Phone activity not recognised

    Posted: 31 Aug 2019 12:53 PM PDT

    When I check my google account under devices it says the last time I used my phone was 5 days ago but I use it everyday and I check my gmail account everyday. My mum is also having the same issue. What could be causing this and how did I fix it? Thank you

    submitted by /u/R-_-N
    [link] [comments]

    Need better photos

    Posted: 31 Aug 2019 12:47 PM PDT

    So i have recently bought a s10 plus and love evrything also the camera is goo but i want a lens kit.So any recommendations will be helpful.ps i looked into moment cases but they are very expensive.

    submitted by /u/trans-in-a-trance
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel