• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Friday, July 5, 2019

    Walmart sold me a brand new laptop which turned out to be used Windows Help

    Walmart sold me a brand new laptop which turned out to be used Windows Help


    Walmart sold me a brand new laptop which turned out to be used

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 05:29 AM PDT

    Yesterday I bought an HP envy 13 inch and upon booting it up I discovered a login with no password and two weeks of browser history and a screen capture.

    I like this machine.

    Should I return it for a brand new one or just restore it to factory settings?

    submitted by /u/GodIsLoveIknow
    [link] [comments]

    Using device like mouse or keyboard to wake up laptop from Sleep Mode

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 06:03 PM PDT

    Is there a way to wake up windows from Sleep mode by clicking on the wireless mouse or keyboard? I was able to do this in the past with Windows 10 but it stopped working.

    submitted by /u/cam2go
    [link] [comments]

    Dual Spanned and Striped Volumes ?

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 08:03 PM PDT

    I like the benefits of both Spanned volumes & Striped volumes; can you have the best of both ? Windows10 has an option between one or the other but not both.

    submitted by /u/SonicSkunk
    [link] [comments]

    Is there anyway to create a .service file in windows or can it only be done in linux?

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 11:10 AM PDT

    Is Surface pro 6 128 GB hard drive good enough for personal use?

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 03:31 PM PDT

    I have 7 year old laptop that has 128gb hard drive.it is not able to get even windows update. I don't have many apps and files in that laptop.I am thinking of buying surface pro but don't want to run out space in a year or so even for windows updates . Any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/srivishiva
    [link] [comments]

    I need help linking programs

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 03:15 PM PDT

    If I shouldn't be posting this here, please tell me where to go.

    So basically i downloaded an extra application to improve my RocketLeague Experience (Custom Chat)

    https://www.reddit.com/r/RocketLeague/comments/4ot7il/fully_customizable_quick_chat_with_rocket_chat/

    Everything runs smoothly, but I have to open the app for it to work (which, to me, makes sense).

    But now I want the app to open every time I open RocketLeague (through Steam) automatically and close when I close the game (Ingame or Task Manager)

    How do I do that?

    submitted by /u/chromaer
    [link] [comments]

    Diagnose memory leak in a win7 pc?

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 01:31 PM PDT

    There's a client with a windows 7 box that has a memory leak. Every day the system will slowly use all available ram, even with no programs running. Running SFC finds no errors, so I am guessing it's some system driver that is doing this.

    Is there a program that can help me find the source of the memory leak?

    submitted by /u/Cit_the_bed
    [link] [comments]

    Sandboxie is not installed but cant update windows.

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 12:16 PM PDT

    It is not installed and i cant find on the hard drive.

    But windows want too me that i delete Sandboxie why?

    https://i.imgur.com/LWK6xQ9.png

    submitted by /u/DaniGTA
    [link] [comments]

    help i dont know how this happened but its really annoying and i cant fix it

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 11:01 AM PDT

    Is there a difference between reseting with keeping my files and a complete wipe?

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 04:42 AM PDT

    I recently got my registry fucked and have a few problems.

    I reset and it fixed some issues but some still remain.

    Will completely wiping the pc be different than keeping my files and wiping?

    submitted by /u/Curse3242
    [link] [comments]

    Formated my pc but kept my data am I safe now?

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 02:02 PM PDT

    Hello. Yesterday, i was on a gaming discord sever and some troll send a link in the chat. It looked like an Imgur link. But it wasn't one. It was a screamer. So I told them I clicked the link and they all told me to reformat my PC instantly because it might have some keylogger and the hacker has my data then or can go on my PC, etc. I listened to them and formated my Pc, but I didn't choose the option to delete all. I choosed the one which keeps some data.

    So the question is, am I safe now or should I reformate it completely? And did the people on the reddit server exaggerate? Or is a whole formatting really needed?

    submitted by /u/lildronk
    [link] [comments]

    Extend Partition

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 05:36 PM PDT

    How can I extend a partition in Disk Management in Windows when there is a healthy partition as this is a Windows Boot drive between an empty partition and the Windows C partition ?

    [Windows Partition][Boot Partition][Empty Partition]

    Merge the Empty Partition with the Windows Partition.

    submitted by /u/SonicSkunk
    [link] [comments]

    Can't get "Best Match" icons for certain installed programs to display correctly.

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 12:56 PM PDT

    Certain programs, for example "Microsoft Jigsaw" in this example: https://imgur.com/88t7dfP

    REFUSES to show the correct icon (shows Adobe Photoshop) when I search for "Jigsaw" in the search box on Win10. The icon appears correctly under M in the long list of installed applications.

    Any ideas why this could be happening? I've tried various methods of resetting icon cache...maybe I'm doing something wrong?

    Thanks for any light you may be able to shed on this annoyance!

    submitted by /u/thenixhex311
    [link] [comments]

    Really weird problem with windows

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 04:38 PM PDT

    So I randomly started having this problem about a month ago and I can't for the life of me figure out the problem. It has to do with my permissions but I'm not sure what. No matter what if I want to change anything I have to give myself permission or run as administrator. Stuff like renaming folders, making new folders, etc. Also if I want steam to download anything I have to run it as administrator. I am the admin of the PC so I don't now what happened.

    submitted by /u/Ksjagman
    [link] [comments]

    Explorer shortcut to Desktop view?

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 09:06 AM PDT

    I'd like to have an explorer shortcut on my taskbar that can open the Desktop directly. Not the desktop folder, but the "Desktop" view if that makes sense. I made an album to show the differences between the two views to help show the difference:

    https://imgur.com/a/eka17Gf

    I'd like to have the shortcut open the latter view so I can see the "This PC", "Recycle Bin" and drives directly in the folder, something that navigating to the Desktop folder doesn't show.

    This is probably possible if only I knew what the "Desktop" view was called. Is there a way to reference this folder view from the shortcut?

    submitted by /u/iissmarter
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a Program that Functions as Recycle Bin, or as a Deletion manager?

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 10:36 AM PDT

    instead of the common default recycle bin

    submitted by /u/MrDWayneLove
    [link] [comments]

    Can I run two entirely separate, stable installations of chrome side-by-side?

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 04:22 PM PDT

    I'm trying to do this through sandboxie, but I haven't been able to figure out a way to install chrome in a sandbox without still having it connected to my original chrome account. I don't want to use the "manage people" setting--I want to have two distinct installations, and theoretically two distinct groups of people/profiles.

    Ideally, I'd like to make it so that one iteration of chrome is my default browser in sandboxie, while the other remains my default browser during regular use. I've tried portable chrome, which allows me to have a distinct profile from standard chrome, but I can't figure out how to make other programs open portable chrome when I click links. Any advice?

    submitted by /u/Varialle
    [link] [comments]

    PC upgraded from Win7 to Win10. Can I switch back and forth between 7 and 10 whenever I want?

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 08:10 AM PDT

    I have a PC that originally came with Windows 7. I purchased a free Windows 10 Edu key via the program for university faculty/staff/students. I took out the original SSD with Win 7. I did a fresh install of Windows 10 Edu on a new blank SSD on this PC.

    Can I switch back and forth between 7 and 10 by swapping these two SSDs? Or will that mess up my keys for either version of Windows?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Diebstahlsicherung
    [link] [comments]

    notification issue

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 03:02 AM PDT

    Mirroring Windows screen to Android

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 09:36 AM PDT

    Don't mess my question, I want to screen Windows to Android not vice versa, is this possible by any means ?

    submitted by /u/LaithJeb17
    [link] [comments]

    I have trouble deleting a folder on my pc

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 07:21 AM PDT

    I have trouble deleting a folder on my pc

    I tried to delete a folder on my pc.

    I couldn't delete it.

    I tried using cmd and got this :

    https://i.redd.it/utlhkbx9uh831.jpg

    Anyone has an idea of why this happens? And how to fix it
    Thanks :)

    submitted by /u/Lozzy091
    [link] [comments]

    %temp% folder is getting deleted for no reason

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 11:42 PM PDT

    This has been happening for around a month on a couple computers I own. Basically, the current user's Temp folder (%temp%) will be randomly deleted, without warning, and at a completely random time.

    This causes various programs that rely off of the %temp% directory to break (7Zip being a great example) as they cannot create any temporary files. I have to manually go back in, and recreate "C:\Users(user)\AppData\Local\Temp" to get these programs working again. The system also does not recreate it once it has been magically removed.

    My main PC runs Windows 10 Enterprise version 17763.529. I do not have any antivirus installed, nor do I have any 3rd-party cleaner apps installed. Storage Sense is also turned off in the Settings app.

    Could someone please help me in solving this issue?

    submitted by /u/TheMCNerd2014
    [link] [comments]

    How to reinstall Windows 7 onto a new SSD on a laptop?

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 12:40 PM PDT

    Hey everyone,

    My mother's computer needs a new harddrive, so I decided to order her an SSD. She has a Dell Inspiron N7010 running Windows 7 home premium. We don't have the CDs/DVDs that came with it and I'm unable to make an ISO file since I guess it's a laptop that didn't come with a normal Windows key that you would purchase with a desktop computer. Windows 7 seems to be much different than Windows 10 installation. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

    submitted by /u/teslafanatic3
    [link] [comments]

    PC won't install Minecraft Bedrock won't install and I can't view the apps category of my settings app.

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 07:27 AM PDT

    My PC won't install Minecraft Bedrock won't install and I can't view the apps category of my settings app. I believe that the settings app has something to do with Minecraft being unable to install. I wasn't able to install other apps as well such as Netflix. I used a System Restore Point but that made no difference.

    Edit: Here's the link showing the problem: https://imgur.com/a/FVZll9o

    submitted by /u/-Hershel-
    [link] [comments]

    Applications that would send a message for me every 15 seconds.

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 02:22 PM PDT

    I need an application or something on windows that would allow me to send the like 3 different message every 15 seconds for like 10 mins.

    submitted by /u/CleverD3vil
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel