• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Friday, July 5, 2019

    OnePlus Captured a 33.50MB photo of a tiny bit of the milkyway with my Oneplus 7 Pro

    OnePlus Captured a 33.50MB photo of a tiny bit of the milkyway with my Oneplus 7 Pro


    Captured a 33.50MB photo of a tiny bit of the milkyway with my Oneplus 7 Pro

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 05:02 PM PDT

    Unfortunately the file is too big to share via Imgur so i cropped it. Obviously i made it using the pro mode and I'm actually really amazed by the capabilities of the camera.

    This is the photo

    A really small edit in lightroom made the milkyway pop up a bit better. I also use a DSLR but for a camera i always carry with me I'm super happy! Hope you guys like it :D

    Edit: unfortunately there is a lot of light pollution in the Netherlands so you can't get the details of the milkyway that good! Here is an example of a photo with details i shot in Thailand with my DSLR so you can see the difference

    submitted by /u/preciouscode96
    [link] [comments]

    OnePlus Positive Support Story

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 07:27 AM PDT

    About two weeks ago my OP6 froze and would not restart after powering it down. I tried all that I could but could not get a response from it. As it was about a month after my warranty ended, I feared the worst when I submitted my repair request. It was acknowledged and approved within 12 hours.

    With a provided shipping label, the phone was sent in to my local repair depot last Thursday (FutureTel here in the suburbs of Toronto) and I expected an email telling me the cost of repair. It was a long weekend up here in Canada, so I expected a bit of a delay. They did acknowledge getting my phone on Friday though.

    Count me surprised when I received a package notification on Wednesday saying FedEx tried to deliver but nobody was home.

    So under a week later, my OP6 is back with me with a new board at zero cost to me.

    Kudos to OnePlus and FutureTel for servicing my phone in such a quick manner and not charging me despite being slightly over my warranty period. Communication could've been slightly better (as of now, OnePlus still thinks the phone is just being shipped out), but it's a minor complaint.

    Very pleased with how the whole process went down and have no qualms of recommending OnePlus to my fellow Android users!

    submitted by /u/CDNChaoZ
    [link] [comments]

    Let me get this straight, no Jack yet the BT codec doesn't stick to what you want??

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 03:17 PM PDT

    Always reverts to APX yet when I select APXHD or Sonys ldac it reverts back to regular APX after song change

    Awesome glad I can use my nice BT headset to full effect, NOT!

    Is oneplus aware and how do I make them software better BT options??

    submitted by /u/Crushnrush
    [link] [comments]

    OnePlus 7 pro battery after re-calibration has improved

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 01:08 PM PDT

    Hey everyone. Posting this as a bit of a PSA since i was alwasy jumping on battery threads to complain about this phone.

    When i first started using my OP7pro i was incredibly frustrated by the battery drainage. Especially after having such a great time with the 6. It was honestly a real issue for me to the point where i was looking to sell the phone as soon as something else came out and abandon oneplus.

    It would drop from 100 percent down to 80 really fast with barely any usage.

    It would also then sit around 10 / 15 percent for a long time. So i suspected something was up with the way it was informing the battery meter how much power it really had left.

    I followed a battery calibration guide from the OP forums. I spent time over the weekend to do it properly and really leave the phone charging for a good chunk of time - since when i first got the phone it already had residual charge - so its never sat on a charger at 100 percent for a long time at all.

    After doing this the battery is now significantly better and more inline with my expectations.

    I know screen time is not the best statistic to follow - but without really changing my usage i went from 5 hours to 7 with some pretty heavy usage. The first ten percent doesn't just evaporate any more either. The drain is much more consistent with my actual use.

    I'm very happy with that and am inlove with this phone again. I can get some crazy time out of the phone with normal usage. Standby time is crazy and do not need to charge it every day.

    Hope this is helpful for anyone else with battery concerns. I know there are some debates as to the effectiveness of calibration but it has made a difference for me.

    Edit:

    Guide i followed is here-

    https://www.reddit.com/r/oneplus/comments/c9kkax/oneplus_7_pro_battery_after_recalibration_has/eszc2py?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x

    I followed step by step

    Where it says for example - turn off and charge to 100 percent. Then turn on and charge to 100 percent - i unplugged it between each stage. Often it didn't need any extra juice but i followed it to the letter anyway.

    submitted by /u/oliath
    [link] [comments]

    Solid Phone All Around (OnePlus 6)

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 07:09 PM PDT

    I bought my OnePlus 6 back in October. I previously used to use a LeEco Le Max 2 that I outsourced to China and used as my daily driver. This phone was obviously a huge upgrade from that phone.

    The phone has solid performance, a solid build, and a solid camera. The camera isn't the best out there on the OnePlus 6, but that doesn't mean it's bad at all. I really like it, and it can take some really nice pictures that I wouldn't have expected to turn out so good.

    I went to downtown Pittsburgh and watched the July 4th fireworks from the top of a parking garage. When I got there, the sky and the city looked too good to not take a picture of. I used the Google Photos editor to really make the sky pop. I'm really satisfied with how they turned out. Here's some pictures of this camera in action. Feel free to use them as a wallpaper if you'd like as well.

    http://imgur.com/a/Y7f3qdl

    submitted by /u/DodderyCobra
    [link] [comments]

    Still want a waterproof OnePlus? More proof waterproof is fiction.

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 06:06 PM PDT

    What's in the pipeline for future updates on OP7 pro?

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 05:05 AM PDT

    Currently I am on 9.5.8. Do any of you guys know what features we can look forward to in the future?

    submitted by /u/elskertesla
    [link] [comments]

    Can OnePlus please fix the headphones call volume?

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 08:02 AM PDT

    My fucking eardrums cannot handle this.

    The music volume is great and all but the lowest volume of the calls is still way too loud....

    I have to take my headphones off and replug them after each call.

    How can I report this in the best way possible?

    submitted by /u/TheGameOn
    [link] [comments]

    PSA about the Rhinoshield SolidSuit case for the OP7 Pro.

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 10:27 AM PDT

    I just got mine delivered this morning and I'm a bit disappointed for two reasons: I ordered the Jake Parker collaboration case "Armydino" and the print on the back of the case is not aligned the same way as shown on Rhinoshield's website, it's slightly higher up and the camera cut-out cuts right into the dino's head, partially ruining the aesthetic of the design. Two, the slider part of the case is not long enough to accompany the entire length of the actual slider on the phone, thus when the case is on, it only allows you to slide to the "ring" and "vibrate" modes and does not let you slide all the way up to activate "silent" mode.

    Was really looking forward to this case, but these two issues make me reluctant to use it. I DM'd Rhinoshield on Twitter and am awaiting a response from them. I'll update if I hear anything substantial.

    submitted by /u/Invivo_Exvivo
    [link] [comments]

    Power bank with 30w output?

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 02:27 PM PDT

    Has anybody found a power bank that supports warp charging? Not the cable just the battery.

    Would this work:

    Omars USB C Power Bank 10000mAh Portable Charger Battery Pack 3-Port USB-C PD 30W Power Delivery Fast Charge Portable Power Bank Compatible with iPhone Xs/XR/XS Max/X, iPad, Galaxy S9 / Note 9 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07GZJ3J7K/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_Vd8hDbJJWVDJS

    submitted by /u/fijifilm
    [link] [comments]

    Can we disable Gaming Mode permanently?

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 12:05 AM PDT

    The gaming mode in the OxygenOS is supposed to give an immersive gaming experience. And to do that it shows up a heads-up notification, telling you about how much immersion you are about to get, every single time you open the game! This is extremely annoying.

    There's been a few post on this topic. But none offers any viable solution. The usual suggestion is "just remove the game from the list". But the problem is, the game gets re-added after a random amount of time, possibly after a game update.

    This post on the OnePlus forum gives one way disable heads up notification altogether by the following ADB command

    adb shell settings put global heads_up_notifications_enabled 0 

    But that's just cutting the head off for a headache type situation!

    So is there anything that can be done? My guess is that this is a system service and hence could be disabled/corrupted by some root method. Maybe there's a way to disable the notification specifically for gaming mode? Any help is appreciated. Cheers!

    submitted by /u/ChesterX
    [link] [comments]

    Bricked phone not showing up in Device manager. Help needed

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 07:38 PM PDT

    So I hard bricked my 6T. Was just using the Beta program OS 13 and wanted to try to go back to stock. Realized my bootloader would not unlock even if I did allow OEM unlock in developer options. Thought it might be broke, have been having issues on some apps and phone, weird quirks just unstable.

    Since I could not unlock bootloader I tried using the MSM tool to go back to a stock, non-beta ROM. When I Pressed the up and down volume buttons on my phone it just stopped responding. It isn't showing up in my device manager or fastboot. Not sure what to do.

    submitted by /u/the2armedmen
    [link] [comments]

    Temperature too low to charge bug after restarting

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 07:22 PM PDT

    I was charging my 3t this morning and I noticed it charged a bit slower than usual using the dash charger. I restarted the phone and the battery reading dropped and got stuck at 50%. Charging when the phone is off displays the "Temperature too low to charge" message.

    Using the ampere app, the battery temp reading shows -40C. Looking online at possible solutions, I've tried clearing the cache and mocking the battery temp with no changes to the 50% battery status. You can see the sudden battery charge drop here. Does anyone have an idea on how to fix this?

    I've had this phone for 3 years now and have never dropped it into water as seen in previous iterations of the problem. I'd appreciate any possible fixes.

    submitted by /u/bonedoggey
    [link] [comments]

    Google Assistant sucks with Spotify ( OP7 Pro)

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 07:14 PM PDT

    Whenever I say hey Google play artist name or play my playlist name Google Assistant just takes me to that artists page on Spotify or if it's a playlist I made it takes me to the search bar in Spotify. I feel like that defeats the purpose of using voice control. Is there anyway to use the Assistant in a way that ends with me saying hey Google play artist name and music from that artist starts playing?

    submitted by /u/johnn85
    [link] [comments]

    Just bought the Oneplus 7

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 12:44 PM PDT

    I was wondering, as I heard that the phone doesn't come with the USB-C to headphone jack adapter, if the phone worked with apple USB-C earphones. I ask because I heard some adapters didn't work on the OnePlus (am I mistaken?). I don't want to pay shipping to buy the OnePlus adapter (which is more expensive now) so I'd rather just go to an Apple store and buy some earphones and get it over with. I obviously don't want to to have bought them and have them not work....

    Or if you have any other ideas let me know! I feel it's easier to look for USB-C type headphones than for the adapters, and I don't really want to invest in wireless earphones, I prefer the wired ones.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Lil_miss_Sunshines
    [link] [comments]

    Does PUBG support 90hz?

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 05:46 PM PDT

    Just found out Pokemon go does but for some reason not PUBG mobile. I had the ROG phone and it did support 90hz

    submitted by /u/Tornadobarrage
    [link] [comments]

    One plus three no internet connection after update

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 01:58 PM PDT

    I downloaded the last update (probably late) and now my phone can only get internet when on wifi. I checked my setting and from what I can tell there is no reason I shouldn't be able to get internet connection when off wifi. On Google maps and Google it says "offline". Has anyone experienced this recently/ been able to fix it?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/ghost905
    [link] [comments]

    Left my phone 4 hours charging...will this have a negative effect on my OnePlus 7 pro?

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 11:42 AM PDT

    I charged it with the warp charger and it normally charges up in one and a half hours. So it was double that time on that. So will this have a negative impact on my battery capacity?

    submitted by /u/QwertyzP
    [link] [comments]

    Rhinoshield

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 06:45 AM PDT

    Bought a Rhinoshield Impact Protection Screen Protector and SolidSuit case a few weeks ago.

    The screen protector (film kind, not tempered glass) is fantastic. I work in a factory with lots of dust and metal shavings and the protector hasn't a mark on it yet. Also there is no dust gathering and sticking to the edge of the protector.

    The SolidSuit case it a great fitting and durable case. I haven't had any drops yet since I've had the case so can't confirm how great it actually is but if one does occur I'm confident it'll do the job.

    Highly recommended

    submitted by /u/Jim_Bourbon
    [link] [comments]

    Just broke my oneplus 6, what should I do?

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 05:16 PM PDT

    So I just shattered the screen and lcd underneath it on my oneplus 6. What do you guys think I should do? Replacing the screen seems a little costly.

    How much could I sell it for on eBay or something?

    Thanks in advance

    submitted by /u/Lumpada
    [link] [comments]

    OnePlus 7/ 7 Pro microphone quality

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 08:52 AM PDT

    Just wondering the the mic quality has improved much on the new models?

    My first OnePlus device was the third model and the audio quality on videos was unlistenable. Upgrading to the 6T, I noticed a lot of improvement but still isn't good enough to record gigs or other live music, which is important for me, and important enough to make me to switch to a different phone completely next time I upgrade if there's no improvement.

    I really like OnePlus phones so I hope that this is improved because it's the only thing I can fault on the device.

    EDIT: If any OnePlus 7/7 Pro users have any videos from gigs/concerts that they'd be willing to share that'd be great

    Example of noise quality: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-HPxYENxQJ1XvxUF1Iw1lIn-H83SASn5/view?usp=drivesdk

    submitted by /u/roesworth96
    [link] [comments]

    One plus 7 pro and Pixel 3XL

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 03:20 PM PDT

    Hello,

    I just bought a one plus 7 pro (12 GB model) and I am aiming to replace my current phone ( Pixel 3XL) redditors who have made the switch, do you regret it? Any cons and pros? Any tips or advice? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/cyberworm54
    [link] [comments]

    Low quality and blurry photos?

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 11:19 AM PDT

    When I share pictures and videos from my op7 to Instagram or whatsapp, the pictures/videos are very low quality and pixelated. I have never experienced this before, is there a workaround?

    submitted by /u/judge277
    [link] [comments]

    Ticwatch on OnePlus?

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 03:04 PM PDT

    So I bought a ticwatch c2 yesterday (it will be about a week til it's here), assuming it would work with my 3t since it says it works with all Android phones.

    But after a little more research, I've realized that OnePlus phones have a bad history with wear os. Does anybody here have any tips or suggestions for things I need to do when I get the watch to make it work with wear os? I've been seeing that the phone and watch will disconnect every 15 mins or so, which is a huge problem. I just wonder if any of you have a ticwatch and what you did to get yours from disconnecting.

    It's running the Android 9.0 update. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/King__ginger
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel