• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Wednesday, July 3, 2019

    Today Weather sent me a Vietnamese alert... Android Apps

    Today Weather sent me a Vietnamese alert... Android Apps


    Today Weather sent me a Vietnamese alert...

    Posted: 03 Jul 2019 04:35 AM PDT

    The notification and its Google translation.

    I mean I guess it wouldn't that odd if:

    • my system wasn't set to English (CA)
    • my notifications and severe alerts weren't set to OFF
    • the weather alert was accurate to my region (Montreal)

    lol wtf

    Anyone else or did I just get lucky?


    Level 8 wind speeds don't seem too bad but still: Hang in there my Vietnamese homies!

    EDIT: dev responded on play store, credit to /u/MizzouDude

    submitted by /u/ZimbuTheMonkey
    [link] [comments]

    Which torrent search app are you guys using?

    Posted: 02 Jul 2019 09:04 PM PDT

    Google app dark mode disappeared

    Posted: 03 Jul 2019 09:45 AM PDT

    I'm not sure I did anything that could disable it, I have gone through phone settings and everything is normal, but on Google app theme option is missing.

    submitted by /u/chrisbren
    [link] [comments]

    Help Transferring SMS to Printable PDF

    Posted: 03 Jul 2019 08:48 AM PDT

    Hey everyone I'm hoping someone can help me here. I am going through a messy divorce and I'm fighting for fair time with my children. In order to help my case I need to somehow export my entire text conversation between my ex and I to a printable PDF (or anything legible) and I'm having trouble doing so. I downloaded Transfer Companion on my Note 9 and Droid Transfer on my PC. This pairing works great, however in order to export the entire conversion I would need to purchase the Droid Transfer license for 30 dollars. With child care costs and legal fees it's a bit tough for me to swallow that cost for a one time use. Does anyone have any suggestions or free methods of doing what I need to do? I would greatly appreciate some feedback if possible.

    submitted by /u/alleyeseein
    [link] [comments]

    Custom Gesture App?

    Posted: 03 Jul 2019 08:14 AM PDT

    Hey guys!

    So I was curious if there were any apps around that allow me to make custom gestures based on a selected part of the screen.

    For work, we run a schedule through a website that's barely supported, and I was wanting to mark designated parts of the screen where the "forward" and "back" buttons are (to navigate the schedule) and gesture a swipe left and right to "click" those buttons to more fluidly move through the pages.

    Hopefully I explained it good enough.

    Thank you!

    submitted by /u/crkdslider
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a no-homescreen-launcher?

    Posted: 03 Jul 2019 08:52 AM PDT

    Hey,

    I'm really sick of searching. Is there any launcher on the market, that is not that ugly and gives you just the app-drawer (or no homescreen) just like in iOS oder Huawei EMUI? The current thing google is doing just makes zero sense and is really hard to organize with.

    Please no Nova-launcher tips with "removing app drawer button and creating 200 shortcuts"

    submitted by /u/technung
    [link] [comments]

    Email App - Isolating microsoft exchange permissions?

    Posted: 03 Jul 2019 12:08 PM PDT

    Hey Reddit,

    I'm looking for an email app that avoids the Microsoft exchange permissions, but yet still gives me access to a work email. I don't know any IMAP settings and my work isn't giving that information out (or doesn't know). My main reason, I really don't feel like giving anyone other than me the permission to reset my phone at any point in time (which I have to agree to in order to add my email to my default email app). Do any of you know of an app that does something similar to this, that perhaps isolates/instances itself and yet still is decently user friendly to use?

    Thanks ahead of time reddit!

    submitted by /u/albireo108
    [link] [comments]

    No new images loading on apps

    Posted: 03 Jul 2019 11:46 AM PDT

    On Instagram and Facebook messenger no new images are loading and on Facebook some of my images are not loading wondering if anyone else is experiencing this or if there is a quick fix?

    Oneplus5T Latest Android update

    submitted by /u/kenyon_comics
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone used the Maplabs Tube App?

    Posted: 03 Jul 2019 07:09 AM PDT

    It's a free tube (underground train) app and there're no ads. But that's what worries me. You know what they say: if the product's free, you're the product. The email for the dev is Gmail, so pretty unprofessional. Maybe it's a student or personal project. But Maplabs is the name of an analytics website. Don't know if it's related, but what if analytics is how they make their money? The website's "contact us" page hides their email address. And the app has no settings (or they're hidden pretty well). Anyone know more about this? Maybe someone running a sniffer could check which IPs the app contacts.

    submitted by /u/wgolding
    [link] [comments]

    LF phone boosting apps

    Posted: 03 Jul 2019 06:34 AM PDT

    are there apps that can increase performance for games?

    clean ram and cpu usage and prevent it from restarting?

    submitted by /u/damiaan1234
    [link] [comments]

    Keyboards

    Posted: 02 Jul 2019 02:16 PM PDT

    Looking for a good keyboard for android that has a great autocorrwct since I can't spell worth anything. Also it needs to be where you can adjust the height sinc ei have trouble with small keyboards.

    submitted by /u/pwjnc286
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for a music app that adds songs to a favorite folder/playlist depending on how long you listened to that song?

    Posted: 03 Jul 2019 06:22 AM PDT

    Does anyone know a music app that if you skip a song before it hits the 30-second mark it will be deleted or the songs that have been to the end will be added to your fav folder?

    submitted by /u/chipchipy
    [link] [comments]

    Multi-finger swipe keyboard?

    Posted: 02 Jul 2019 06:19 PM PDT

    So, Keymonk is the only keyboard I know, which supports multi swipe - and now I really can't type without it. It's so much easier to type large words or large documents with ease!!

    Since it's no longer there on the play store and even the devs have stopped work on it a long time back, wanted to know if you guys know of any modern alternatives

    submitted by /u/question2121
    [link] [comments]

    Is there any app for video recording with automatic online function?

    Posted: 03 Jul 2019 09:35 AM PDT

    I want to find an android app which could take video and is able to upload the clip automatically and simultaneously to the designated cloud space after filming for backup purpose.

    I know facebook live, youtube live and twitch will backup all my live stream video, but i dont want to broadcast to the world.i just want to take my personal video and upload it to cloud.

    And is there anyway i could open these apps without unlocking my phone?

    Thanks a lot.

    submitted by /u/moron_scientist
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for an app to identify unknown numbers and block spam calls

    Posted: 02 Jul 2019 09:09 PM PDT

    I know about Truecaller but the app has privacy concerns and seems shady to me. Any alternatives that work well with identifying Indian contact numbers?

    submitted by /u/sm_mvp30
    [link] [comments]

    Launcher with MS Launcher-like Vertical Aligned List View?

    Posted: 03 Jul 2019 08:13 AM PDT

    Looking for a replacement launcher for MS Launcher which was accounting for 62% of all app battery consumption but I'm really missing the vertical app drawer aligned layout which I find much cleaner than others. I've tried other launchers like Nova Launcher and while they do a vertical view it doesn't indent and compartmentalise the apps per letter the way MS does. Any ideas? Cheers.

    My MS app drawer

    https://i.imgur.com/dgu7iqE.png

    submitted by /u/Jurisprudent
    [link] [comments]

    Any reddit app which show post's images big (like the original one?)

    Posted: 03 Jul 2019 08:13 AM PDT

    I tried reddit is fun and it was a headache to open every image to see it

    submitted by /u/NuviPvP
    [link] [comments]

    Log Android Processes and CPU Utilization

    Posted: 03 Jul 2019 08:01 AM PDT

    I'm having some minor lag issues. I'm looking for an app that will monitor CPU usage, memory usage, etc. I want it saved to a file so after the lag I can examine the log and see what app/process/whatever is causing the lag.

    I've tried just about every monitoring app on the Google Play Store with no luck.

    submitted by /u/JimMD00
    [link] [comments]

    Is there an app that reads E-books out loud with Text To Speech? (Like an e-book)

    Posted: 02 Jul 2019 02:49 PM PDT

    Help finding wallpaper slideshow

    Posted: 03 Jul 2019 06:10 AM PDT

    I'm looking for a app / apps that mean I can set a different slideshow for my wallpaper and lockscreen. do any free or cheap apps like this exisit? I'm on a OnePlus

    submitted by /u/LukeLangston
    [link] [comments]

    How to know when nova launcher prime goes for sale?

    Posted: 03 Jul 2019 05:58 AM PDT

    Is there a fixed date or is totally random?

    submitted by /u/rsousa10
    [link] [comments]

    Is there any ringtone maker app that has fade in/out function?

    Posted: 02 Jul 2019 07:49 PM PDT

    It is weird to me that the majority of those apps don't have the music fade in/out. I've been downloading a ton of apps but none of them has this function.

    submitted by /u/the_sameshit
    [link] [comments]

    Old podcasts: Castbox vs Pocket Casts

    Posted: 02 Jul 2019 02:20 PM PDT

    I've read many times that if old episodes from a podcast do not appear in a podcast app, it's because the podcast owner has removed them from the RSS feed.

    However, I have noticed that there are different among different podcast apps, which makes no sense to me.

    For example: This American Life has 94 episodes on Castbox but only 10 in Pocket Casts.

    Screenshots:

    Pocket Casts: https://imgshare.io/image/screenshot-20190702-212521.bcYIu

    Castbox: https://imgshare.io/image/screenshot-20190702-212502.bchHX

    Do you know why this is happening? I would like to switch to Pocket Casts since I don't like Castbox monthly subscription system, but this is preventing me to drop Castbox.

    Do you know of another podcast app that doesn't drop old episodes?

    submitted by /u/redphire
    [link] [comments]

    App which lets you create a zip archive but specify the output folder?

    Posted: 03 Jul 2019 04:35 AM PDT

    I've tried my usual apps like FX, MiXplorer and File Explorer by Astro but they all seem to zip to the current folder

    What I need to be able to do is to zip a folder to a location sd card because there's not enough space to create an archive on the phone itself

    submitted by /u/twigboy
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for alternatives to replace Apex Launcher

    Posted: 03 Jul 2019 03:47 AM PDT

    I have been using Apex Launcher (ver. 3.3.3) downloaded from APK site as I have been being a long-time user and didn't want to deal with the new/updated versions. It was fine for a long while but today that it suddenly no longer let me apply icon packs for some reason.

    It is clearly time to replace this out of date app so I hope to get some recommendations.

    Stock: Pixel Launcher
    Features wanted:
    * Support apk icon packs
    * Hiding apps in drawer
    * Customising drawer grid
    * Use of KWGT widget
    * Remove google search bar on homepage

    I'm not a huge fan of the 'swipe up' app drawer but it's not a deal breaker.

    I have heard good things about Nova but most comment on the fact that it takes up much space on the phone, and many useful features appears to be behind a pay wall? It seems to me that Lawnchair fits in well with what I want but I am unsure if there are others that I am not aware of.

    Thank you!

    submitted by /u/Impractical_Silence
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel