• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Saturday, July 6, 2019

    Samsung Daily Tech Support / WSIB Thread - July 06, 2019

    Samsung Daily Tech Support / WSIB Thread - July 06, 2019


    Daily Tech Support / WSIB Thread - July 06, 2019

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 06:57 PM PDT

    Welcome to the Daily Tech Support Thread for r/Samsung.

    Have a question you need answered or looking for advice about which Device you should purchase? Ask! Please remember to adhere to our rules which can be found in the sidebar(s) here, and find some new ones!

    Note: Comments are sorted by new for your convenience.

    If you do not get a response, try asking in the tech support or the purchase advice section of the r/Samsung Discord.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    DIY Carbon-wrapped S10 plus! Do you think it looks cool?

    Posted: 06 Jul 2019 07:00 AM PDT

    Another demonstration of Night Mode on the Note 9!

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 05:17 PM PDT

    Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ Leaks.

    Posted: 06 Jul 2019 07:03 AM PDT

    My friend shit talks Samsung because she upgraded from a Samsung S5 to an Iphone xs max and keeps saying how Apple is better

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 08:58 PM PDT

    I think everyones entitled to their opinion but that stupidity just makes me not want to talk to her. I'm supposed to see her tomorrow and honestly people like that just piss me off.

    It's like, I don't care what you like but your ignorance is so god damn extreme.

    Samsung s5. A phone made like 10 years ago compared to the Iphone XS max made like not even a year ago. How is that a fair comparison, how can you shit talk Samsung.

    Keeps saying her phones battery sucks and not as good as the new iphone.. like.?

    ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

    submitted by /u/Send_Pokemon_Gifts
    [link] [comments]

    Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ Leaks

    Posted: 06 Jul 2019 07:00 AM PDT

    Minimalism at its finest:

    Posted: 06 Jul 2019 08:05 AM PDT

    S8 is still the best phone for me

    Posted: 06 Jul 2019 07:51 AM PDT

    This phone is just great. It is small, thin, light and easy to hold with one hand. No notch or cutout and its got all the stuff like headphone jack, micro SD etc.

    I also have the Note 9 and I don't like it that much. It is big, thicker, heavier and it's more like a tablet than a phone. The only time I ever use it now is when I do / go somewhere where I need to take notes. Aside from that, the s8 is way more pleasant to handle.

    Not to mention that the s8, the original s8 - the small one has smoother scrolling than all the other samsung phones I've tested. I've tested the s8 plus, s9 plus and Note 9 (haven't tested the small s9 model though). With all the other ones, even though they load webpages and apps faster, and are overall faster, when you're scrolling up and down, not only is it too fast, but also with many webpages and apps there is jumping up and down of some of the boxes while things are being loaded. The s8 barely ever does any of this in the sense that even if everything is being loaded up as I'm scrolling, nothing will jump even slightly when it loads, meaning that all the key things are loaded first with their exact dimensions after they load. And the scrolling speed is also slower for the sake of smoothness and more practicality. (in the sense that when you're scrolling up down, most of the times you want to be reading what's on the screen while you're scrolling and you want to do it slowly. All these plus phones and notes have very sensitive acceleration which is awful).

    Overall, i don't know why they keep making all these newer phones 6.5 inches (no just samsung phones). Even with no bezzels, the width of a 6.5 inch screen is too much, even with a 18 and 19 by 9 ration, the width is still too much for the phone to be comfortable to hold. As of right now, I would only accept a phone SLIGHTLY wider than the s8 and not much taller AND ESPECIALLY not thicker or heavier. The small s10 meets these requirements but it has a notch. That notch it has doubles and triples the size of the status bar, which means you are basically getting a big thick bezel on top, which can only be used when watching videos, but then you have a hole covering part of the video. So, with the s10, despite of its slightly bigger screen, you're not getting more screen real estate than the s8 for all apps and non video-related stuff.

    Anyway, just FYI, I don't hate my Note 9. I absolutely love the convenience of taking notes and I would absolutely reccomend the plus size phones and notes to people who need the s-pen and especially those who don't have a tablet, or maybe even a laptop. Me personally, I have multiple desktop, multiple laptops, multiple tablets, tvs etc., so to me a phone is something that usually sits at my desk and I pick it up every once in a while to quickly check some notifications, make a call, send a message and put it down. Then I put it back on the table and usually, most of this is done with 1 hand - something you can't comfortable do with a plus size or note phone, even with the one handed mode enabled. I also use the s8 while in bed and it is perfectly comfortable, just like the note and plus phones. Anything that's not too big (for example a 10 inch tablet) that you can get a firm comfortable grip on is good in bed.

    But yea, the S8, at least in my situation is still the best phone. (NOT THE PLUS, but the standard s8). The only thing worth upgrading to would be a screen just slightly bigger than my s8, same thickness or less, and for the front camera to be motorized, resulting in 100% display. And of course all the other things like headphone jack, wireless charging and micro SD. Without something like this, I dont think anything is worth upgrading to for now though. I also really dont like the news I've heard about the Note 10 - front camera as a cutout, instead of it being in the s-pen, no headphone jack and no micro sd. This is pretty much unacceptable. The whole point of a note phone is for it to have EVERYTHING + the pen.

    submitted by /u/clare011
    [link] [comments]

    According to a recent survey on whether people knew which smartphone they were using, only 44% of survey respondents knew that the phone they have is an Iphone Xr or an Iphone 7, just 45.9% knew they owned an Iphone 8. Whereas 71.32% of Samsung Galaxy S9+ owners could identify what phone they had.

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 07:40 PM PDT

    Why is the galaxy a series in Canada but not in u.s.?

    Posted: 06 Jul 2019 08:45 AM PDT

    I want to get the a70 but it doesn't support LTE

    submitted by /u/Shadowsdweller
    [link] [comments]

    Should I disable the pre installed samsung apps?

    Posted: 06 Jul 2019 04:48 AM PDT

    Like Internet, Game launcher, Samsung app store, My Galaxy app. I dont think they will be useful to me

    submitted by /u/daredevildev
    [link] [comments]

    Night mode and Super Slow Motion coming to Galaxy A50

    Posted: 06 Jul 2019 08:23 AM PDT

    How long to refund after cancellation?

    Posted: 06 Jul 2019 08:06 AM PDT

    I ordered a pair of Samsung galaxy buds from the Samsung (India) e-com site. The order was shown as approved but their chat has no idea what that means and I need to wait a day before I can call them, I was wondering how long it would take for me to get my money back if I cancelled the order now. There's no information about this on the FAQs neither do their chat assistants know. I'm surprised how little these "assistants" know (I'm not talking about the automated chatbot since that's an even worse nightmare).

    Edit : if anyone has an idea about what "approved" means other than they have my money and now I should forget about it or how long it usually takes for shipping, I'd like to know that too.

    submitted by /u/Stealthtymastercat
    [link] [comments]

    Gear S2 Balr. Edition

    Posted: 06 Jul 2019 07:46 AM PDT

    I'm currently bargaining with my dads friend about buying the gear S2 Balr. Edition for €75. I really wanna buy it (and defenitely for that price) but I'm wondering if this is a smart thing to do since the Watch is already a few years old and I don't want to have a watch which battery drains like crazy

    Should I buy it or should I look for something else so I know for sure the battery will be fine for at least 2 years?

    submitted by /u/scheermachine
    [link] [comments]

    In case you still think you can take your phone swimming

    Posted: 06 Jul 2019 06:23 AM PDT

    250 Euro (270 USD) to replace a stucked Bixby button

    Posted: 06 Jul 2019 05:58 AM PDT

    After an impact my Bixby button got stucked. When my screen turns off Bixby constantly asks to get configured. I have turned off Bixby in every way I can but still issue remains.the weird thing is that this issue occurs only when screen is turned off.

    I went to the Samsung repair store and they told me that I should replace the screen because and I quote the button is linked to the screen and that would require a screen change. Is this true ? Can't you just replace the button without replacing the screen ?

    TLDR : do I need to change the screen in order to change a broken stucked Bixby button ?

    submitted by /u/jiuhei
    [link] [comments]

    Galaxy S10 5G battery case?

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 11:57 PM PDT

    does anyone know where i can get a battery case for my galaxy S10 5G?

    the battery life on this phone sucks, and id rather not wear out my charge port by constantly plugging and unplugging a power bank, but i cant find a battery case that fits the 5G version of the S10 (bought a zero lemon 10,000mah S10+ case, but apparently the S10+ is a bit smaller than the 5G version and it doesnt fit)

    submitted by /u/T-VIRUS691
    [link] [comments]

    What can I do about the scratches on my s10e?

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 09:34 PM PDT

    As the title says, I have a lot of scratches on the screen of my s10e. I'm very careful with it but it seems that I cant even put it in my pocket without it getting scratched. What can i do about all the scratches?

    submitted by /u/DigitalApple123
    [link] [comments]

    S10e vs S10 vs P30

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 06:19 PM PDT

    Hi Samsung users, after being on a Pixel XL and recently dropped it, looking for an upgrade but hoping not to spend an absolute fortune in case I drop it again.

    Heard the s10e is great value. But the P30 from Huewei seems to have a great rep.

    What are your thoughts If you have any of these phones?

    submitted by /u/chrisvstherock
    [link] [comments]

    Is there any way to prevent the home screen from moving my gif?

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 10:53 PM PDT

    How much screen size will I lose if I turn off the Samsung A70's notch? (same on A50 too)

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 02:37 PM PDT

    Is it even possible to measure such thing?

    submitted by /u/BladePocok
    [link] [comments]

    Samsung Galaxy S7 G930F gets June 2019 Security Patch

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 09:34 AM PDT

    (S9) Taking Phone videos

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 08:02 PM PDT

    Is there a way built in to the phone to take a video of the phone screen itself or will I have to get a crappy app?

    submitted by /u/submariner34
    [link] [comments]

    128GB Note 9 International vs US-version 64GB S9+ for around the same price?

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 08:01 PM PDT

    The Note 9 is $555

    S9+ is $600

    The Note 9 seems like a way better deal but worried that I wont get support in the US if it malfunctions or break.

    I have T-Mobile so my sim card will work on both.

    submitted by /u/DinosaurGonads
    [link] [comments]

    How long will Note 9 be sold for after Note 10 release?

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 07:25 PM PDT

    I'd like to pick up a Note 9 to replace my S8+ and I wondered if anyone knew how long after the Note 10 is launched will it still be stocked officially, and what kind of price drop there will be?

    submitted by /u/cunty_expat_911
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel