• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Saturday, July 6, 2019

    Question about the volume overlay Windows Help

    Question about the volume overlay Windows Help


    Question about the volume overlay

    Posted: 06 Jul 2019 10:45 AM PDT

    How can I make this overlay to dissappear quicker ? Right now is visible for 4-5 seconds.

    https://i.imgur.com/o8vLX1d.png

    submitted by /u/krait17
    [link] [comments]

    Windows xp error in cmd: Command is note recognized as internal or external

    Posted: 06 Jul 2019 04:51 PM PDT

    So I just got windows xp to emulate on my iphone 7 and I was using the cmd. While I was running cmd, I was getting certain errors when trying to run commands like netsh. I got the error: "netsh is not recognized as an internal or external command." I'm not sure if running this on my iphone is part of the problem but if anybody has any suggestions, please help.

    submitted by /u/mrbiscool
    [link] [comments]

    Task view is bigger than everything else

    Posted: 06 Jul 2019 05:17 PM PDT

    everything in my task view seems to be zoomed in, but everything else isnt, the taskbar and desktop are perfectly fine. could anyone help?

    picture: https://i.imgur.com/EmUWZKB.jpg

    submitted by /u/poisonedrainbows
    [link] [comments]

    3 quick questions - new Windows user

    Posted: 06 Jul 2019 03:21 AM PDT

    I bought my first good computer, and it has Windows 10. I created another user for family to use.

    There's 1 admin account, and then another user, a "standard" user I added just now. Can this other user see any files saved or any data from the primary password protected Admin account? Any data at all? I would ideally like all of the Admin users info, everything, to only be viewable on that account. If that requires more work than simply creating a second user, please explain like I'm 5 lol.

    Part 2: With two users, if you install a new program (say iTunes for example) do you have to install it twice, one on each profile?

    Part 3: Minecraft. I play Minecraft on both accounts. Is there any possible way to have Minecraft source it's saved game beginning points from the same folder on both Windows users, without sharing anything else? That way I don't have to copy/paste the save games to each account each time.

    submitted by /u/TwelfthMan1
    [link] [comments]

    What do you think about open sourcing Windows and getting rid of the licensing code?

    Posted: 06 Jul 2019 07:33 PM PDT

    Windows defender and norton

    Posted: 06 Jul 2019 09:44 AM PDT

    Very quick question: why does norton not like limited periodic scanning? And please don't type out a comment about not needing 3rd party av's ad and defender is good enough on its own and that stuff because once I've fully learnt safe computing I'll do that and save some money

    submitted by /u/ssj4VB
    [link] [comments]

    Show prompt while long pressing some key

    Posted: 06 Jul 2019 07:13 PM PDT

    I'd like to use Win+number to switch to specific window. But sometimes if I open too much window, it's hard for me to figure out which number corresponding to the window.

    So is it possible to realize something like "long press Win and show the number corresponding to each window"?

    Many thanks.

    submitted by /u/Ynjxsjmh
    [link] [comments]

    Program or app to search for a specific phrase I documents contained in a cloud drive or local files

    Posted: 06 Jul 2019 09:28 AM PDT

    Hey looking for a program specifically for searching and being able to go right to specific words. For example I have multiple textbooks and class presentations and notes that if I searched for a term it would pull up the resources I have in there that have that phrase and also if I click on it then it would take me to that specific part of the document. I keep most of my stuff in PDF format so that is a must. Any other formats supported would be a bonus though like PPT or word documents or other types. It would be perfect if it could do this by indexing specific folders on OneDrive since that's where I keep all my stuff but Google drive would be possible also. I do have my OneDrive synced to the computer already along with my Google drive but like to keep stuff I the cloud. Bonus if it had an Android app that could do the same thing as well.

    submitted by /u/Toxxicpickles
    [link] [comments]

    Can only connect one Bluetooth device at a time to HP Stream 7

    Posted: 06 Jul 2019 09:06 AM PDT

    I picked up an HP Stream 7 tablet. Upgraded to Windows 10 and all latest drivers. All seems to be working properly. I am trying to connect a Dictopro D100 Bluetooth keyboard and a "Quiet Wireless Bluetooth Mouse" (off-brand, search it on Amazon to see the one) to it.

    I have connected both these devices to multiple other Windows computer and Android tablets. However, on the Stream, I am only able to connect to one Bluetooth device at a time. If I turn the mouse on, it works, but turning the keyboard on does nothing. If I turn the mouse and keyboard off and then turn the keyboard on, the keyboard works, but now the mouse won't work no matter what I do until I turn the keyboard off. The same thing happens with a Bluetooth headset; it will work but only if it's the first thing I connect. If I have both the keyboard and mouse on when I start the computer it will only connect to the last one it was connected to.

    It's not a problem with the peripherals themselves or interference because as I said I've connected them simultaneously to multiple other computers/tablets. It's not a compatibility issue because the Stream does work with each one individually, and it's not an issue unique to these two peripherals because as I mentioned it also occurs with the LG audio headset (it only connects if I turn it on when the keyboard and mouse are both of). I can therefore only conclude it is some sort of driver/settings issue, but I am totally stumped. All my drivers are updated and I can't figure out what setting this would be. Can't find any similar problems online. Anyone know what I can do here?

    submitted by /u/captainkoloth
    [link] [comments]

    When I put a file on my desktop it doesn't show up until I refresh the desktop

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 09:43 PM PDT

    Files pinned to taskbar not working

    Posted: 06 Jul 2019 06:06 AM PDT

    I got this problem when I pin an app or software to my taskbar and open it, it shows: This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action. Please install an app or, if one is already installed, create an association in the Default Apps Settings page.

    How may I fix this?

    submitted by /u/Unnone123
    [link] [comments]

    Is it possible to create a folder that deletes it's contents on a set time schedule?

    Posted: 06 Jul 2019 03:11 AM PDT

    Sort of like an automatic recycle bin only for things you wish to be deleted in a sort time frame.

    submitted by /u/Spodegirl
    [link] [comments]

    What is this?

    Posted: 06 Jul 2019 03:34 PM PDT

    What is this?

    https://i.redd.it/rarlme69fr831.png

    Browser-20190701T175050.log:
    Logging initialized. [INFO]-[BNL_Renderer]: [20190701T19:50:51] {3dfc} INF: browser created

    CEF-20190702T18353.log:
    [0702/203554.241:ERROR:browser_gpu_channel_host_factory.cc(120)] Failed to launch GPU process.

    [0702/203554.244:ERROR:gpu_process_transport_factory.cc(1029)] Lost UI shared context.

    [0702/203631.266:WARNING:render_frame_host_impl.cc(2751)] OnDidStopLoading was called twice.

    Is this some weird kind of launch glitch, then?
    Furthermore, what do I do with this folder?

    submitted by /u/Gamarleton
    [link] [comments]

    Can't Update Windows

    Posted: 06 Jul 2019 12:28 AM PDT

    I've been trying to update to 1903 from 1803, but the error 0x80070002 keeps on coming up. apparently this is a "common" error that occurs but none of the online guides that i have tried seem to work.

    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    Regards.

    submitted by /u/Surfboardaapp
    [link] [comments]

    Windows 7 Desktop refresh issue?

    Posted: 06 Jul 2019 09:10 AM PDT

    I have an issue often on windows 7 its just so hard to explain I cant search for the answer. On my desktop often after I close a box or chat window or even gtav, whatever was there stays stuck to the background unless I change the screen resolution or refresh my desktop in some manner. Left click-highlighting over it works too. Any ideas?

    submitted by /u/nerrvouss
    [link] [comments]

    Is there any benefit to running games on Windows as opposed to Linux?

    Posted: 06 Jul 2019 06:41 AM PDT

    Is there any benefit to running games on Windows as opposed to Linux?

    I've had really bad luck with gaming on Windows. Worse performance, constant troubleshooting & tweaking, tons of audio problems, a plethora of extra bugs, etc, all on very common hardware (Ryzen 5/RX580). It's gotten to the point where I just boot into Linux whenever I want to game.

    I feel like I'm missing something. What's the point in gaming on Windows?

    Edit: I am NOT trolling. I honestly see Windows as an enterprise desktop OS for interoffice document creation.

    submitted by /u/cyber_laywer-4444
    [link] [comments]

    Tough Questions Answered: Can I disable RC4 Etype for Kerberos on Windows 10 ?

    Posted: 06 Jul 2019 03:52 AM PDT

    Windows HDR "display capabilities" confusion

    Posted: 06 Jul 2019 12:21 PM PDT

    I got a new HDR 100% Adobe RGB display laptop. The display looks fantastic, but in the Windows HD Color settings under display capabilites it says "Play HDR games and apps - No" and also "Use WCG apps - No". What's up with that?

    submitted by /u/jigglebastard
    [link] [comments]

    Some basic Windows help? Missing Microsoft Word?

    Posted: 06 Jul 2019 02:57 AM PDT

    Hey! So I just bought a computer, here is the computer here

    and it says it comes with Windows 10 Home. I guess I'm new to this... I tried to open a Word doc and it's not giving me Word as an option. Same with Excel. Am I doing something wrong or does Windows seriously not come with Windows and Excel? I really hate to spend more money right now, I find that ridiculous. I want the program, not some web based tool. What am I missing?

    submitted by /u/TwelfthMan1
    [link] [comments]

    Disk Management gets stuck at "loading disk configuration information"

    Posted: 06 Jul 2019 12:39 AM PDT

    So right now I'm trying to mod my Nintendo Switch and I need to put some files into an SD card, so I just took out the card from the switch itself (which should work on windows too) and inserted it into my PC, but when i try to open it it says "please insert disk into SDHC".

    I looked this problem up and every solution says to open the Disk Manager and change the SD card's letter, but when I try to open the Disk Manager it gets frozen at "Loading disk configuration information...". It doesn't get frozen when the SD card isn't connected, so it's definitely the SD card freezing it. Also, when I put the SD card back into the Switch it works perfectly normally.

    Is there a way to fix this? I don't care if I lose data, I just wanna be able to use it. Simply formatting it doesn't work either, and even right-clicking it in the first place makes the File Explorer stop responding

    submitted by /u/nddragoon
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel