• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Monday, July 1, 2019

    OnePlus Moronic Monday (July 01, 2019) - Your weekly questions thread!

    OnePlus Moronic Monday (July 01, 2019) - Your weekly questions thread!


    Moronic Monday (July 01, 2019) - Your weekly questions thread!

    Posted: 01 Jul 2019 07:13 AM PDT

    This is /r/oneplus' weekly thread for simple questions. More complicated tech support requests and comments begging for codes etc. are not allowed.

    Questions will be archived in the wiki under the FAQ section.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    When I opened this sub today

    Posted: 01 Jul 2019 06:20 AM PDT

    Oneplus notifications

    Posted: 01 Jul 2019 01:06 AM PDT

    EDIT 4: Oneplus addressed the notifications on twitter. Notifications were sent in error.

    EDIT 3: Seems to have only affected owners of the 7 Pro, internationally.

    EDIT 2: /u/LifeOfMagic points out that "哈哈哈" translates to "hahaha". Other redditors pointing out that there may have been a break in the notification infrastructure.

    EDIT: Image for those curious what I'm referring to

    Anyone getting notifications from Oneplus with random jibberish?

    I just got 2 in the last couple minutes. The first one was random text, and the other is some same Chinese character spamming. Wondering if this is just me, or if it's widespread.

    If not, I'm wondering if anyone might know why this is happening to me?

    edit: thanks for breaking my inbox.

    submitted by /u/Fishering
    [link] [comments]

    It happened again

    Posted: 01 Jul 2019 01:13 PM PDT

    During an internal test, our OxygenOS team accidentally sent out a global push notification to some OnePlus 7 Pro owners. We would like to apologize for any difficulties, and assure you that our team is currently investigating the error. We’ll share more information soon.

    Posted: 01 Jul 2019 01:48 AM PDT

    Got my OnePlus 7 Pro!!!! Love this mad beast!

    Posted: 01 Jul 2019 12:58 PM PDT

    Hey all, just wanted to say a quick hello to everyone.

    I just got my OnePlus 7 Pro and have got to say, this is probably the greatest Android mobile. Totally in love wth Oxygen OS.

    All the little things that are present make the experience so much better!!!!

    Happy to be a part of this community and looking forward to the future with this phone for sure.

    submitted by /u/Devil951
    [link] [comments]

    Can someone please confirm if the newest OnePlus Gallery supports emojis when editing a picture?

    Posted: 01 Jul 2019 05:00 PM PDT

    Mine says "Emoticons are not supported" at the bottom

    https://i.imgur.com/tlcuxCx.jpg

    submitted by /u/netad
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 8 Plus to OP7+ ... can't wait.

    Posted: 01 Jul 2019 03:41 PM PDT

    Even though I hate Apple and everything they stand for, I've been jaded by various Android devices through the years and decided to just stick with iPhones since they, for the most part, worked flawlessly all the time. After getting my new Nvidia Shield, I wanted to get more into the Google ecosystem, and decided it was time to get back into Android.

    I first looked into going back to the Pixel, but apparently the P3 is still having a ton of issues (and I was already burned on the P1). Then I thought about going to the Galaxy S10 and remembered I fucking despise everything about the Samsung UI that there is no possible way I could look at it and be proud of my phone.

    Enter OnePlus. I heard of OP a long while back when the first phone was being released, and never really went back to look again. After hitting their website up, I was overly impressed with how gorgeous the UI looks and how solid the phone appears to be. So I ordered it today, and I'll be jumping ship back into Android.

    Here's to hoping the OP7+ doesn't let me down and keeps me in the Android club for good!

    submitted by /u/UndeadCircus
    [link] [comments]

    Impressions on Whitestone Dome for OnePlus 7 Pro

    Posted: 01 Jul 2019 07:06 PM PDT

    Have had my 7 Pro since launch and just installed my Whitestone Dome tempered glass today. For anyone on the fence, I 100% recommend purchasing it.

    The install process really wasn't all that bad, though can be intimidating at first glance. All in all it took about ~10 minutes to complete the process and ensure the UV light had enough time to do its thing. After installation, I literally cannot tell that there is even tempered glass on front and, no, I did not have to re-enter my fingerprint info.

    For what it's worth, I work @ T-Mobile and have kind of been steering guests clear of the PureGear tempered glass since its adhesive is extremely limited and ultimately will lose its grip over time. This Whitestone Dome is my recommendation going forward and I'll absolutely put it on for guests if they purchase it and come back in to see me for installation.

    tl;dr - Buy it.

    submitted by /u/DrMantisToboggan2112
    [link] [comments]

    Excited to be upgrading from a OP5T to a 7Pro this week. To others who have this phone, how can I best optimise the camera function?

    Posted: 01 Jul 2019 06:05 PM PDT

    After consuming what feels like endlessly good reviews, articles and videos on the OP7Pro, I decided to upgrade from my perfectly adequate, sentimental OP5T. I bought the 5T when it first came out instead of the iPhone X, and it was the phone that took me away from Apple's walled garden which I had found I had gradually positioned myself in.

    I am a huge OP advocate, I love the value for money their phones offer, and I have encouraged many friends who switched to OP (especially from Apple). However, the one thing that my 5T was unable to compete with the iPhone X was the camera quality - I always felt that it did a good job and was good enough, but it couldn't compete with other flagship phone camera.

    The one theme I notice from all the reviews on the 7Pro is that the camera reviews have been, at best, ok. They all seem to suggest the camera is still some way off the likes of the Pixel and iPhone, even with the new additions of the zoom and the wide angle lens.

    I have never used Google Camera (or GCam as I've seen it called). Are you a Oneplus 7Pro user who has used this app and is it much better? Can anyone recommend how they have optimised their camera functionality and picture results?

    submitted by /u/the_hungry_goat
    [link] [comments]

    Case reccomendations?

    Posted: 01 Jul 2019 07:16 PM PDT

    Dbrand to no one surprise of anyone delayed their shipment so I'm not giving them any of my business. Need suggestions on what case to get

    submitted by /u/Tankmush
    [link] [comments]

    Half of my photos all of sudden disappeared

    Posted: 01 Jul 2019 08:30 PM PDT

    Is anyone else having this issue? 80% of my family pictures gone. I even checked my backup on Google photos and they're gone too.

    submitted by /u/professor_nachos
    [link] [comments]

    T-Mobile 6T June Security Update!

    Posted: 01 Jul 2019 12:44 PM PDT

    Update came sometime around lunch CDT. Checked this morning: no update. After lunch: update available.

    No patch notes other than June security patch. About page is reporting OOS 9.0.12.

    submitted by /u/DeceitfulPatriot
    [link] [comments]

    Fingerprint authentication in Wechat Pay on OnePlus 7 Pro

    Posted: 01 Jul 2019 08:10 PM PDT

    I have a OnePlus 7 Pro, Chinese version, flashed with Oxygen 9.5.8, unlocked bootloader, Magisk

    I can't use my finger print to confirm Wechat payments. I have the option in Wechat Pay settings, but when I try to enable it I get a 'system error' (screenshot).

    I have removed all fingerprints and added them again, that didn't help. Cleared Wechat data, logged in again, that didn't help.

    I can use my fingerprint for other things, it works in Alipay and allowing root requests in Magisk.

    I doubt there are many people here using Wechat Pay, but it's worth a shot.

    submitted by /u/Dannisi
    [link] [comments]

    OnePlus Push giving me weird notifications?

    Posted: 01 Jul 2019 01:07 AM PDT

    Just got a notification of pure gibberish, then around a minute later I get a notification of the same Chinese character repeated a ton. Anyone know what this is?

    The notifications give me the option to dismiss or "not now" and tapping them gave me a message at the bottom of my screen saying browser not found.

    submitted by /u/R00bot
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone else getting weird push notifications from OnePlus?

    Posted: 01 Jul 2019 01:07 AM PDT

    https://i.imgur.com/mfp90Sb.jpg

    When I tap on them nothing happens

    submitted by /u/BushDidBijlmerramp
    [link] [comments]

    Purple 7 Pro?

    Posted: 01 Jul 2019 12:45 PM PDT

    Do you think OP will make a purple 7 Pro like they did with the 6t? I would love to see more interesting colors instead of the normal black, almond, and blue (the blue is beautiful tho).

    submitted by /u/Honev
    [link] [comments]

    What resolution is Netflix playing at on your OP7 Pro?

    Posted: 01 Jul 2019 04:19 PM PDT

    When I watch test patterns on mine, episode 7 says it's playing in 1080p but the others say 720p. So I guess/hope that means the device can stream Netflix in 1080p and all content that's available in 1080p will play at that resolution?

    submitted by /u/The_King_of_Okay
    [link] [comments]

    Any tips on optimizing battery drain due to screen usage

    Posted: 01 Jul 2019 12:13 PM PDT

    The primary thing responsible for my battery consumption is my screen . I have set my display settings like this. Can anyone give me some tips on how to improve my battery life?

    P.S. : I don't play any games on my phone

    submitted by /u/aargiee
    [link] [comments]

    Digital Well-being greyscale and DND Mode not working properly

    Posted: 01 Jul 2019 03:44 PM PDT

    So, I am on the latest beta on my 6T. Digital well-being was integrated a few releases ago. I scheduled the greyscale mode and do not disturb mode to be turned on at 11pm. But it won't turn on until I trigger it manually. The DND either (I now use normal DND rules from phone settings instead)

    That's annoying. Someone a solution?

    submitted by /u/JelleZon_
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone's OnePlus 6 CPU getting really hot?

    Posted: 01 Jul 2019 03:38 PM PDT

    Over the last few days my CPU has started getting extremely hot and the whole phone has been noticeably hot to hold.

    Ive tried turning it off for long periods of time, rebooting and nothing seems to keep it cool.

    Is it a hardware problem?

    Thank you.

    submitted by /u/pipsqu3aker
    [link] [comments]

    Is anyone else getting strange push notifications from OnePlus?

    Posted: 01 Jul 2019 01:07 AM PDT

    I've had a couple of push notifications that seem to be from OnePlus themselves this morning, first was gibberish text, second was a bunch of Chinese characters. Tapping on them simply brought up an error saying "Browser not found".

    https://imgur.com/a/UWg4EGz

    submitted by /u/Dr_McKay
    [link] [comments]

    Missing WhatsApp notifications on OnePlus 7

    Posted: 01 Jul 2019 02:49 PM PDT

    I bought this OnePlus 7 two days ago. Today onwards I am not getting any WhatsApp notifications if the phone is on idle. I've tried turning battery optimisation for WA, but it didn't help. However I am getting notifications normally while using the phone.

    submitted by /u/subhasutra
    [link] [comments]

    Gibberish push notification

    Posted: 01 Jul 2019 01:08 AM PDT

    Did anyone else get this? This is weird. I am on a OnePlus 7 pro

    submitted by /u/ShinyVeil
    [link] [comments]

    Disabling this option makes your Battery life longer!

    Posted: 01 Jul 2019 12:35 AM PDT

    Open the Settings app and navigate to WiFi & Internet - > WiFi- > WiFi preferences. Deactivate the option "smart wifi switcher". If you want to save even more battery, you can also disable the option scanning always available.

    The smart wifi switch activates a Qualcomm Chipset Module that consumes much battery. On my phone it appears on the list of power consuming system apps with the name "Android System". After clicking on Android System, it is named as "com.quicinc.cne.CNEService.CNEServiceApp". The service was always right behind my display and shorted my battery life noticeable.

    Smart Wifi Switch doesn't work anyways reliable. On my toilette I have a bad wifi connection, but he never switches back to mobile data. I always need to disable wifi manually.

    I hope this isn't a specific issue of my phone and I hope to help some people with a better battery life. Because a longer battery life means a better life lol.

    submitted by /u/Armin2208
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel