• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Tuesday, July 2, 2019

    Laptops 4th of July sales on Microsoft Store?

    Laptops 4th of July sales on Microsoft Store?


    4th of July sales on Microsoft Store?

    Posted: 02 Jul 2019 10:17 AM PDT

    Hey guys, I'm about to pull the trigger on a new Razer Blade 15 for college (RTX 2060 advanced, black) and I'll be going with the Microsoft store for the 10% student discount and return policy. I'm wondering if I might be able to expect any Fourth of July Sales from Microsoft store or not, or maybe there will be a better place to buy the laptop from? Thanks for any help.

    submitted by /u/NOdysseus
    [link] [comments]

    What ssd should I buy for my laptop?

    Posted: 02 Jul 2019 02:39 PM PDT

    Are you more productive on a 13 inch or smaller laptop, or on a 15 inch or larger laptop?

    Posted: 02 Jul 2019 04:49 AM PDT

    I had a debate with some one and I always assumed one would be more productive on a larger screen (15 inch laptops and greater).

    but a reverse argument is that smaller laptops generally have longer battery life and you can take anywhere more easily.

    how about in your experience, where are you more productive?

    submitted by /u/LeBronBryantJames
    [link] [comments]

    macbook pro worth the splurge?

    Posted: 02 Jul 2019 02:50 PM PDT

    • Total budget and country of purchase: ~$1500 (can go up 2-300 but I'd like to avoid it), USA

    • Do you prefer a 2 in 1 form factor, good battery life or best specifications for the money? Pick or include any that apply. I want a high-powered laptop that will last for about four years. Since I'm going to be a student, I'd like to have a good battery life as well. I'm looking for an i7 (6-core better than 4-core), 16gb of RAM (DDR4), and a better than HD display.

    • How important is weight and thinness to you? I currently have a 15.4-inch HP Pavilion, which is pretty heavy for a laptop, but I don't find it bad, so I don't really care much. A clean and nice-looking design is much more important to me.

    • Which OS do you require? Windows, Mac, Chrome OS, Linux. No hard requirement, but since I'm going to be in a business program that uses a ton of Windows-optimized finance software, Windows is recommended. However, I can use school computer labs or run boot camp pretty easily.

    • Do you have a preferred screen size? If indifferent, put N/A. I can handle 13 inches, but I'm aiming for ~15 inches.

    • Are you doing any CAD/video editing/photo editing/gaming? List which programs/games you desire to run. I plan on doing some light gaming and for class I'll be doing financial modeling and a ton of heavy Excel-related work. I know that the laptops I've narrowed it down to at the bottom are overkill, but I want something that will be extremely fast and will be able to last long without a drop in performance.

    • Any specific requirements such as good keyboard, reliable build quality, touch-screen, finger-print reader, optical drive or good input devices (keyboard/touchpad)? I don't like the Apple keyboard personally, but I can handle it. I would like a finger-print reader for security. Reliable build-quality is a plus since I don't want to spend time without a laptop in the event that I need to send it in for repairs or spend time repairing it myself. The more ports there are, the better.

    • Leave any finishing thoughts here that you may feel are necessary and beneficial to the discussion. I've personally narrowed it down to a few laptops that I'd like: Dell Latitude: I really don't like this laptop much. It's overpriced, ugly (imo), and hard to find with the specs I need. The only reason I'm considering it is because my college recommends it. Macbook Pro 15 2018: My school is offering a discount on the 2018 MBP with the 2.2Ghz 6-core i7 and 16GB of RAM, so it would only be $1800. Macbook Pro 15 2019: After discount, I'd be paying $2200 for essentially the same model as the 2018 one, except with the refreshed 9th-gen processor. HP Spectre x360: This laptop is really nice looking and is almost exactly what I'm looking for, but I've heard that the trackpad and build quality isn't up to par. I would like to hear opinions from the subreddit on this one.

    Also, does anyone know if HP is updating their laptops to 9th-gen processors anytime soon? I'm wondering if I should wait for them to refresh their lineup with the new processors or if that's going to take a while.

    Sorry for the really long post, but I wanted to include all the necessary information. I'd appreciate you guys' advice on this. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/hhammoud23
    [link] [comments]

    Is CSGO too heavy for my laptop?

    Posted: 02 Jul 2019 11:56 AM PDT

    I have started to play CSGO in my hp pavilion 14ce notebook. The specs are 8 gb ram 2gb nvidia mx150 I am a very middle class boy and this HP costed me a fortune and will be needing it for college stuff. So would playing CSGO harm my laptop?

    submitted by /u/Potato_is_Aloo
    [link] [comments]

    Affordable laptop for accounting major and light gamer

    Posted: 02 Jul 2019 03:19 PM PDT

    I'm heading off to college soon and I need help figuring out what laptop would be best for my situation. I'd need a laptop that has a 15 inch screen (bc I'm really blind), able to run accounting programs, able to run games like tf2 and the Sims, and preferably a windows computer since that's what I've always used. I've been considering the HP graphite mist i5 touch. Features like touchscreen isn't needed and big keyboard font would be a plus. Budget is $600.

    submitted by /u/lolash_FIVE
    [link] [comments]

    Im considering the Dell XPS 15 for college.

    Posted: 02 Jul 2019 11:05 AM PDT

    Standard stuff for university is a must such as:

    Fitting in a backpack

    Decent display for videos and movies

    Powerful enough to run engineering programs

    Quickly surf the web

    Light gaming/video editing

    Ive done some basic research and I'm confident in the specs but has anyone used a bigger laptop for schooling? The size/portability of it concerns me a little...

    submitted by /u/KingCon5
    [link] [comments]

    Gpu covering?

    Posted: 02 Jul 2019 02:41 PM PDT

    I'm removing and reapplying the old thermal paste on my gpu, and I'm not sure if this orange covering is required, or if I can take it off, clean the paste underneath, and then leave it off. There was thermal paste on top of the orange cover that I already cleaned off, but I also see some underneath. My laptop model is an ASUS ROG Strix GL553V gpu cover

    submitted by /u/SpartanClone
    [link] [comments]

    Screen brightness is glitching

    Posted: 02 Jul 2019 02:39 PM PDT

    I have a MSI GS65 running Windows 10 1903. And whenever I change the brightness using keyboard shortcut or the manual slider, the brightness won't change unless I go onto a webpage and start scrolling (if the webs page isn't long enough the brightness won't fully change). And even with that it slowly changes, as I scroll through the page. If anyone has experienced this and knows a fix let me know.

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/Dan273
    [link] [comments]

    Need help picking laptop

    Posted: 02 Jul 2019 01:49 PM PDT

    Hello, I am considering buying a new laptop and I need some suggestions. My budget is arround 1000€ few up few down. I am not a heavy user, need for some office stuff and web browsing and some light photo editing. If possible I would rather have an light 15 inch laptop with good battery because I travel a lot. Please give me some good laptops to buy. Thanks for your answers!

    submitted by /u/Boostmeister98
    [link] [comments]

    Im looking for a light productivity machine. Word, Google, Minecraft probably and maybe Excel in the future. Is a Chromebook good value?

    Posted: 02 Jul 2019 01:02 PM PDT

    hp 15 haptop wont work

    Posted: 02 Jul 2019 12:48 PM PDT

    Hey all, new to this sub just to tryn find out whats wrong with my laptop i have an hp 15da0032wm that wont turn on, i press the power button and see the light on the side turn on but nothing comes up on the display. Sometimes i hear a tick and the light turns off then on again. im running on windows 10 and i still have no idea whats wrong. please help

    submitted by /u/motox3655
    [link] [comments]

    Dell XPS 15 vs HP Spectre x360 vs Lenovo 5 15

    Posted: 02 Jul 2019 12:30 PM PDT

    I'm an incoming college student in the market for a laptop. I'm hoping that this laptop will be with me throughout the entirety of college, so I really need help deciding between these laptops (suggestions for others are also welcome).

    Some primary issues for this laptop will be photo editing, drawing, video editing, and typically college student activity. There may be some light gaming, but that isn't a deciding factor. I also ride a skateboard, so portability is also a factor.

    I posted about this on laptop deals and was suggested the flex 5 15, but I've also been researching these other options. I'm really just trying to decide which of these will give me the most bang for my buck, because I do want it to last.

    submitted by /u/kerosenewater
    [link] [comments]

    Where to buy the new Huawei Matebook x pro 2019 in Europe?

    Posted: 02 Jul 2019 11:47 AM PDT

    they don't have the newer version in my country and also i cant find it on the german amazon, where else do i look?

    submitted by /u/ihmlaiwtkm
    [link] [comments]

    [UK] laptop for compsci degree ~£1000

    Posted: 02 Jul 2019 11:44 AM PDT

    * **Total budget and country of purchase:**

    Budget is around £1000 could stretch higher for a particularly good deal

    * **Do you prefer a 2 in 1 form factor, good battery life or best specifications for the money? Pick or include any that apply.**

    Best spec for the money

    * **How important is weight and thinness to you?**

    Need to be able to carry it around, as portable as possible

    * **Which OS do you require? Windows, Mac, Chrome OS, Linux.**

    Windows

    * **Do you have a preferred screen size? If indifferent, put N/A.**

    14" or 15"

    * **Are you doing any CAD/video editing/photo editing/gaming? List which programs/games you desire to run.**

    General IDEs (eclipse, intellij etc) as well as image processing, some light gaming. Will most likely become my work station for the next year

    * **If you're gaming, do you have certain games you want to play? At what settings and FPS do you want?**

    Shouldn't really be an issue, games like Stardew Valley

    * **Any specific requirements such as good keyboard, reliable build quality, touch-screen, finger-print reader, optical drive or good input devices (keyboard/touchpad)?**

    Numpad if possible, doesn't need to be 4K or touchscreen, USBA and C would be nice

    * **Leave any finishing thoughts here that you may feel are necessary and beneficial to the discussion.**

    14" would be preferable, I find the 13" laptops too small to work on, and 15" can sometimes be too bulky to carry/cycle around. I've completed my first 3 years of the degree with an i3/4gb RAM, so literally anything is an upgrade

    submitted by /u/Lazulim
    [link] [comments]

    Need a laptop for work budget is 2.5k

    Posted: 02 Jul 2019 10:55 AM PDT

    Hi there,

    Currently looking at the Carbon X1, XPS and the Surface Book. Looking for something to travel with that hopefully has a decent battery, hi res screen and is portable.

    Thank you!

    submitted by /u/pspmania
    [link] [comments]

    XPS 15 i5 8GB RAM or the i7 16GB RAM for photography editing+light gaming

    Posted: 02 Jul 2019 10:54 AM PDT

    So I'm looking at getting an XPS mostly for photography editing in Photoshop and maybe some light gaming on the side, question is I'm very stuck on which one to go for, the DELL XPS 15 15.6" Intel® Core™ i5 Laptop - 1 TB HDD & 128 GB SSD, or the DELL XPS 15 15.6" Intel® Core™ i7 Laptop - 512 GB SSD,?

    Any help and advice is much appreciated!! ( - :

    submitted by /u/apex97_
    [link] [comments]

    Msi gs75 Keyboard light stopped working after 1903 update

    Posted: 02 Jul 2019 04:33 AM PDT

    i cant change the light mode or disable it via steelseries engine. this happened after updating to 1903. i have tried clean update as well, no luck. Updated to latest bios. Tried restoring to factory settings and updated via update assistant, no luck. Help me pls.

    submitted by /u/ThuneHtaw
    [link] [comments]

    Dell XPS 15 4K OLED vs Razer 14 FHD 144hz or an XPS 13 with an EGPU and good monitor?

    Posted: 02 Jul 2019 04:32 AM PDT

    Models under consideration:

    Dell XPS 15 with GTX 1650, 4k OLED Screen

    Razer Blade 15 with GTX 1060, FHD 144hz Screen

    or XPS 13, with eGPU and a monitor that hopefully can be 4K and 144hz? (currently I already have a 2K monitor)

    Use:

    Mainly stay at home, although likely to bring on business trips about once or twice a month. I have a desktop at work.

    Will be used for all kinds of things: Productivity (i.e GIS and Office), watching movies/youtubing, and online gaming (like World of Tanks). I sometimes edit video (but not photos).

    Which would be best for long term use? (Im thinking of 3 or 4 years before replacing it)

    How about support ? (I travel internationally alot.. but i heard bad things about both XPS and Razer in their respective sub-reddits)

    Which has the best battery life? I assume it will be the XPS 13

    I'm honestly having a hard time with which screen I would like. I have sensitive vision, in that I feel I can catch motion easily and details. Earlier today I tried playing around with the razer blade 15 at a store that had a 144hz model and a 60hz model. I couldnt play any games, but just moving the mouse cursor or windows around the screen, there was a very noticeable difference. it was a lot smoother

    that said I am coming off a Macbook with retina display, so I do enjoy a high res, beautiful display as well.

    submitted by /u/NYtoShanghai
    [link] [comments]

    What kind of storage?

    Posted: 02 Jul 2019 02:57 AM PDT

    So I'm gonna choose a new laptop but I need to make a choice. A 1tb ssd. Or a 1tb hdd with a 256. GB SSD! Which is best

    Edit: Changed 128 GB to 256

    submitted by /u/Mauricejuhh14
    [link] [comments]

    Need advice/opinions: Get new laptop now or later?

    Posted: 02 Jul 2019 10:17 AM PDT

    Cannot decide between two options.

    I have a MacBook Pro 15-inch mid-2010 (2.66ghz i7, 8gb ram, 500gb SSD, battery replaced a few years ago). It's still working very well (had a problem with GPU kernel panics, but fixed that), disregarding it's obvious age, but it's time will come sooner or later.

    My options are buying a new laptop now (MSI GS65 Stealth looks good and is on sale), just in time for university, guaranteeing that I have a working laptop for my studies and beyond.

    Or putting it off for a year (when Apple stops security updates for High Sierra) and buying the new one then when the laptop might be cheaper or a new model is out.

    submitted by /u/Keisari_Yrjo
    [link] [comments]

    Thoughts on Dell Latitude 7490, 5490; Lenovo ThinkPad T480

    Posted: 02 Jul 2019 09:16 AM PDT

    I'm a computer science student in Sweden looking to buy a new laptop to use at university. I will mainly use it for programming, android studio, and school work. I have narrowed my choices down to 3 laptops:

    Dell Latitude 7490: i5-8250U, 16 GB RAM, 256 GB SSD, $1180

    Dell Latitude 5490: i7-8650U, 16 GB RAM, 512 GB SSD, $1324

    Lenovo ThinkPad T480: i5-8250U, 16 GB RAM, 256 GB SSD, $1316

    As of now I am leaning towards the Latitude 7490 since the price is a bit cheaper and it seems to have a much brighter screen than the 5490.

    If anyone has any thoughts or experience with these laptops, I would love to hear what you think of them, and which one you think I should get.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/aromatic_emu
    [link] [comments]

    Where to buy Laptop in USA

    Posted: 02 Jul 2019 08:02 AM PDT

    Hi guys, I'll go to USA on a vacation trip and I'll buy a laptop there. Thinking about i7, 16GB of RAM and 2060, something like this one.

    https://www.amazon.com/ASUS-GeForce-i7-8750H-Windows-GL504GV-DS74/dp/B07MKLLM1Y/ref=sr_1_7?keywords=i7+16gb+2060+laptop&qid=1562079312&s=gateway&sr=8-7.

    Where is the best place to buy it? Online? On a store?

    submitted by /u/GxPhantoMxB
    [link] [comments]

    Owners of the Zenbook Pro 15 (UX580GE) laptop, please awenser my questions!

    Posted: 02 Jul 2019 07:53 AM PDT

    Hello, I am thinking of purchasing a new laptop for school and currently, I am leaning towards an ASUS zenbook. The laptop will also be used for some gaming (CS:GO), video editing, photoshop and programming. My questions are really this:

    - Is the touchpad screen just a gimmick or does it actually have any useful properties?

    - Do you get good performance from the I9 processor or does it just overheat immediately and throttle to the point where I might as well just have gotten an I7.

    - Does the laptop fans make a lot of noise under load or are they fairly quiet?

    - Are you happy with yours/any problems I should be aware of?

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/Tommy_vr
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel