• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Friday, July 5, 2019

    Dedicate GPU to an app? Tech Support

    Dedicate GPU to an app? Tech Support


    Dedicate GPU to an app?

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 12:27 AM PDT

    I have a PC with two GPU's that don't support crossfire. I want to use one for all my games and the other to be dedicated to all other apps (e.g. OBS). How can I do this? Is this even possible?

    submitted by /u/A-HYPE-FISH
    [link] [comments]

    Got a new gigabit network switch and finally got the speeds I should be... for a day.

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 11:19 AM PDT

    Hi

    Recently I upgraded to a Netgear 8 port gigabit switch (GS108) after using an ancient one. I went from getting around 90Mbps to around 950Mbps. I pay for gigabit service. That lasted for about 24 hours and now I am back to getting around what I used to, but now it seems all over the place. I'll run a few test and be at 35Mbps and then retry those same tests and get 95Mbps.

    I tried unplugging the switch for 30 seconds and it does return to the 900's for a few minutes and then it is back to under 100. Could the switch be faulty? Ethernet cords not up to snuff? Sorry if it is something is obvious. Treat me like I am 5 when it comes to this stuff.

    submitted by /u/OllyOllyOxycontin
    [link] [comments]

    Lost my HDD

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 11:34 PM PDT

    Hey guys,

    Unfortunately I physically lost my external HDD with personal pictures and photo's of my travelling dating back to the last 10 years. Now all hope is not lost, the name of my HDD is my phone number and I still have the hope some1 will bring it back.

    My question is, I probably used it the last time on my laptop. Is there a way that I can see on my laptop or on my desktop when it detected my hard drive (plugged in) for the last time? In combination with my google location history that might give me some clue where it could possibly be.

    Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/theredteletubbie
    [link] [comments]

    SD card locked photos

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 04:10 AM PDT

    So I recently bought a new android and when I put in my sd card only some of my photos showed up. The files are there but it shows a lock on some of the photos. Is there any way I can unlock them? I'm using a LG stylo 2 and a micro SD card

    submitted by /u/nibbas122
    [link] [comments]

    Is it bad to use a house fan to cool a laptop?

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 01:43 AM PDT

    I have a laptop that runs really hot and it ends up thermal throttling, I don't think a laptop cooling pad is very useful as there's no vents on the bottom, however I had a fan blowing into the vents on the back and it reduced temps by quite a bit and wasn't thermal throttling anymore, I didn't do this for too long as I haven't seen any laptop cooling videos/posts suggest this at all, so I wasn't sure if something like this is harmful to a laptop? I know not to blow air into the exhaust vents, but curious about the intake vents?

    I've also tried reducing max cpu usage to 99% and undervolting the cpu, lowering cpu usage to 99% helped a bit while undervolting didn't really seem to make a difference(maybe I need to mess with it more), but if I can keep it cpu usage at 100% and just use a fan without harming the laptop, I'd prefer that.

    submitted by /u/jknight981
    [link] [comments]

    Samsung Galaxy A8 (SM-A530W) Boot Loop

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 11:49 PM PDT

    I decided to root said phone with odin, apparently the root was successful but when my phone rebooted it only ever got to the samsung logo and just kept rebooting. After a few days of troubleshooting it's still stuck in a loop, only now it's a system update which can't complete itself due to a black screen and a string of error messages a few seconds after. I'm getting kinda desperate here, I just got this phone in march and I'm really hoping it's not permanently bricked. If you have any ideas it would be appreciated, and if you need any specifics let me know.

    submitted by /u/SweetInternetKarma
    [link] [comments]

    Building my first pc

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 12:51 AM PDT

    I'm going to be building my first pc in a couple weeks and I've decided to go with a ryzen 5 1600 and a xfx rx 580. Is there anything I should know about Amd parts because I see a lot of things talking about heat and similar things like that relating to amd. I've done a shit ton of research it I'm just wondering if I should be informed about anything before I build it. Btw I plan on getting the rift s soon as well.

    submitted by /u/xAsianRamenx
    [link] [comments]

    Lenovo L560 reboots after getting an ip

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 01:24 AM PDT

    Hey guys, i hope you can help me.

    To our systems we use L560's. Whenever i update them from windows update, they restart after i plug ethernet in or connect to wifi, its exactly at the moment they are getting an ip-address.

    The solution so far has been, to uninstall security updates, 1 at a time, until it works.

    When a security update uninstall has worked at one laptop, its not always the same update that works on another laptop.

    (Sorry i know this might be a little confusing, english is my 2nd language, i can try to rephrase if it doesn't makes sense).

    Hope you can help with another work around, because it takes up a lot of time to uninstall these security updates.

    Windows 7, 32bit.

    //TomFresh

    submitted by /u/Tomfresh
    [link] [comments]

    No nvidia command center?

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 01:23 AM PDT

    Hey guys, I recently discovered that the FPS drops on my laptop was because of the lack of Nvidia control panel. I deleted it because it wasn't working right and now I can't/don't know how to redownload it. I tried downloading the latest drivers for my graphics card but it just says that there are no compatible graphics card even though I chose the right one (1060 laptop). I also reset the pc to its factory state and it's still not there. Any answers?

    submitted by /u/Vam69420
    [link] [comments]

    Touchscreen failing after WSUS Upgrade to W10 1903

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 01:20 AM PDT

    I upgraded us to Windows 10 1903 the other day. Apart from audio volumes having reset themselves, which is annoying as we're a call centre using softphones, everything's gone well except for one minor annoyance.

    We have a PC with a touchscreen used by our canteen. It used to work fine on 1703 before the update. The PC has 2 monitors attached - a generic Dell 17", and an Iiyama ProLite T1731SR-B1 (the touchscreen). The touchscreen faces the canteen staff, and the Dell faces the other way for customers to view what they've just purchased. The monitors are set up in Extended mode.

    Here's the weird problem - pressing on the touchscreen, it registers the press. But the mouse cursor goes half way across the screen, but the further to the left you press the more accurate it is. It's as if the PC now thinks both monitors are counting as one for the purposes of touchscreen boundaries.

    Going into the Calibrate Touchscreen settings, I press the top Configure and it prompts me to touch on the touchscreen. This doesn't register when I do press and I have to exit the prompt via the Escape key. Back in the Calibrate Touchscreen settings I tried going to Calibrate it. This again doesn't register any actual touches.

    I don't know where to go from here. Clearly, the OS is registering touches, as the mouse cursor is moving when using Windows normally. But the Calibrate Touchscreen settings seem to be ignoring any touches and I can't work out why.

    We use WSUS for updates so the PC cannot connect directly to Windows Update to get device drivers. I'm currently importing anything into WSUS that's a match for searching "touchscreen" and is for Windows 7 or newer, just to ensure that if it's driver related it should be able to get it.

    Has anyone come across this before, or got any good troubleshooting tips? I've been scratching my head for over 2 hours and feel I'm missing something really simple.

    submitted by /u/UKBedders
    [link] [comments]

    My Computer Doesn’t know how to work

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 12:11 PM PDT

    Every few weeks, my computer says it needs to update. it goes all the way through with the 3 hour long process of updating, it then says it has failed to update and goes another 3 hours reverting changes. Can someone please explain this to me?

    submitted by /u/AuXxCord
    [link] [comments]

    Kyindle wont connect to internet.

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 10:59 PM PDT

    My kyindle fire (fiifth generation) wont connect to internet, iv tried restarting (router and kyindle), turning wifi on/off, and turning airplane mode on/off. Whenever I try turning on internet it tells me "no saved networks available" despite the fact that I have connected to my router using my kyindle before. Other devices will connect to my router

    submitted by /u/CatTheWeirdo
    [link] [comments]

    Bridge one LAN port on Netgear R6220

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 01:00 AM PDT

    I'm trying to bridge one of the LAN ports in my router (Netgear R6220) in order to be able to run one of my computers on a secondary public IP address (yes, my ISP provides me with 2 public IP-addresses) without having to buy a switch to do so.

    Cannot quite figure out how to setup one of the LAN ports as bridged or if it's even possible without installing something like DD-WRT (think I might just invest in a switch or something like the linksys open source routers if that's the case).

    Thanks in advance for any assistance :)

    submitted by /u/Vicing90
    [link] [comments]

    Freshly installed SSD won't appear during Win10 install.

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 12:58 AM PDT

    Hey Just installed a 250 Gb M.2 NVMe SSD, it appears both in BIOS and disk management, already initialized it.

    Despite all, I can't see it during Win10 install. The SSD is GPT, I boot in legacy mode.

    submitted by /u/soI_omnibus_lucet
    [link] [comments]

    Need help with running a game

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 12:56 AM PDT

    So I downloaded PUBG about 3 days ago and it ran fine except for it freezing every now and then. I didn't want it to freeze so I downloaded GeForce experience and updated the drivers to the newest version. Once I did that a notification about global shader cache came up saying it was missing. I have a gtx 770 and directX 12. I looked up possible solutions and it said to get a directX emulator but that didn't work. I really need help.

    submitted by /u/DB-Frenzy
    [link] [comments]

    Is my motherboard dead?

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 12:52 AM PDT

    I have this old HP prebuilt, which was my father's office computer. Main parts are 1 8gb stock of DDR3 ram, i7 3770. One day my dad said that it wouldn't turn on at all, pressing the power button didn't do anything.

    I've tried to reset CMOS, try another wall socket. I don't have spare cpu or DDR3 ram/motherboard with me.

    My psu has this little green light that lights up when I plug the power cable into it. Fan doesn't spin up though, pressing the power button does nothing, cpu/case fans don't spin, no motherboard light, no sound from buzzer. Is my motherboard dead here? I don't think it's my cpu as cpus don't fail that easily.

    I'm not sure whether my ram is faulty, but I've read that if your ram is faulty the pc should still be able to power on and give a few beeps, so I don't think it's the problem here.

    So is my motherboard dead? Or is my cpu/ram dead?

    I'm looking to sell my ram and cpu as second hand, as long as I can single these parts out from being a cause of the problem then it should be alright.

    submitted by /u/tinyboy8987
    [link] [comments]

    can't update headphone drivers

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 09:04 PM PDT

    so I purchased a pair of Razer Kraken 7.1 V2 headphones

    I installed the razer synapse 2 software but it won't recognize the device

    I uninstalled it in device manager

    I did the search the web for drivers feature

    headphones still listed as "conexant usb audio device"

    submitted by /u/Pandini23
    [link] [comments]

    Asus FX504 booting into ez flash

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 12:45 AM PDT

    All of a sudden it has started going into EZ flash. when I power it on. A window pops up and say check system error and something about plugging in my laptop to. Once I exit and restart it starts up normally. It doesn't happen all the time too just every so often. Any ideas why this would start to happen?

    submitted by /u/FakeComa
    [link] [comments]

    mkv to mp4 conversion not working on VLC and extremely slow on Handbrake

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 12:43 AM PDT

    I regularly torrent files on my desktop (Win 10 64 bit, basic i3 setup) and play them on my PS3 for convenience (which is plugged into the TV etc). Often the files I download are mkv and I need to convert them to mp4 in order for the PS3 to read them. I don't really have a portable laptop to connect to TV by HDMI or something like that.

    I followed these instructions on using VLC to convert mkv to mp4. These instructions worked great... on several videos. Conversions done in a matter of seconds.

    Now I'm trying to convert a 720p episode of the Handmaid's Tale (about 520 MB) and the conversion result is terrible: the resulting mp4 file is very choppy. The original mkv is fine.

    Alright so I tried Handbrake instead. Conversion time is estimated at one hour. VLC was several seconds. Also another strange thing in the default settings is Input size is 1280 x 720 while output will be 1280 x 640. What gives?

    I did stop it after a few seconds and it seemed to have converted the first few seconds of the episode quite well. But why is the whole thing so slow?

    submitted by /u/mmencius
    [link] [comments]

    I fucked up by factory resetting my modem

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 04:24 AM PDT

    So as you can tell by the title, I fucked up really badly. My internet's been acting like an undeserving llama recently, it all of a sudden stopped working about 12 hours ago, and the only lights that were on were the Online and the Wifi lights and they're both blinking, but I recieved no connection to the internet. After countless tries of different things I found online using my data, I came to no avail, so I just said fuck it and reset my router, not really knowing what I was doing. Now I have no internet or access to that through wifi since I can't find the original password, this is fucked, please help me and my pea sized monkey brain.

    submitted by /u/LoneDarkSniper
    [link] [comments]

    error code 0xc000000f cannot use mouse or keyboard

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 12:34 AM PDT

    As the title says, I have the said issue, and when I enter a blue screen that gives me options to go into recovery mode, try booting up again, use another OS. I can't select any of the options, my keyboard and mouse isn't responding or lighting up

    It was working all fine until I tried to install the latest 1903 update and some error showed and said that I had to "reboot the pc and try again"

    And so I did, and I get this error, can someone please help me with this?

    submitted by /u/Padwen22
    [link] [comments]

    Monitor wont show anything after installing a new GPU

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 04:18 AM PDT

    So, after i put my new asus gtx1060 on my pc (ryzen 1600x, msi b350 gaming plus, 8gb ram) on which i had perviously used gt630(disabled the old drivers), the monitor just stays black. Every fan is working properly, everything starts perfectly, i can even hear my starting apps booting up but there is nothing on my display, the tick just keeps on switching from blue to red constantly, any solution?

    Edit: my monitor is vga and i have bought a connector that is female vga and male 24+1 dvi to connect them, could that cause the problem?

    submitted by /u/pipipipi12345
    [link] [comments]

    Keyboard and Mouse not working like it should

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 04:15 AM PDT

    I have been having this issue occasionally where clicking a link would download that link into a file, the keyboard doesn't type but instead when in a window starts opening menus depending on which button was pressed. This issue happens randomly when I just turned on the pc. Is there a way to fix it or at least reset it so it would work without having to reboot?

    submitted by /u/RandomCheeze1
    [link] [comments]

    Can I connect consoles through my pc.

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 12:27 AM PDT

    A quick question, can I connect consoles like a PS4, XBOX 1, Nintendo Switch, etc. through my PC so I can use both at the same time. Or will I have to use 1 monitor for each. I no about an application that I am using for the PS4, which uses Internet to run and doesn't allow custom button assignments. I just want to know if there is a wired version of doing this.

    submitted by /u/mario_will_die
    [link] [comments]

    internet speed is 10x faster in incognito mode

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 04:08 AM PDT

    I noticed that tabes were slow, so i did an speed test that showed 5 - 7 Mbps download. But then i remember that i had no problem loding things when looking stuff up in incognito mode, so i ren the test there and it showed 50 - 60 Mbps download on the same server. It was running fine a week ago. How can i fix it?

    submitted by /u/the_masher246
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel