• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Thursday, February 28, 2019

    If I lower my phone's screen resolution to 1080p from 1440p will I save more battery life or will it my battery life remain the same? Android Help

    If I lower my phone's screen resolution to 1080p from 1440p will I save more battery life or will it my battery life remain the same? Android Help


    If I lower my phone's screen resolution to 1080p from 1440p will I save more battery life or will it my battery life remain the same?

    Posted: 28 Feb 2019 09:43 AM PST

    Is it possible to take advantage of Verizon's buy 1 get 1 s10e offer without opening a new number?

    Posted: 28 Feb 2019 09:07 PM PST

    A rep actually told me that some people open a new line, and cancel the line on one of their accounts to get around this. I have multiple phones on my account and one person wouldn't care if their number changed (can your old number be ported back?) so could I do this? Anyone do this and succeed/fail?

    submitted by /u/AllPurple
    [link] [comments]

    If I'm using Dual Sim, can i mute notifications (only vibrate) for one but not the other?

    Posted: 28 Feb 2019 05:35 PM PST

    Hello,

    Long story short, I need a work phone and a personal phone. I currently have an S7. I was looking into Oppo's, read about dual sim and not carrying 2 phones around sounded good to me.

    However, I want it so the notifications (such as calls, texts, whatsapp texts etc) on my personal are muted (only vibrate) but on my work phone everything loud and unmuted.

    Is this possible with dual sim phones? (Specifically Oppo phones).

    Thanks for the help in advance!

    submitted by /u/kluster1993
    [link] [comments]

    Screen protector options for s10 plus?

    Posted: 28 Feb 2019 04:56 PM PST

    The only glass screen protector I found that works with the fingerprint sensor is the whitestone dome. Unfortunately I've read they are not compatible with most otterbox cases(I plan on using the pursuit). Does any one know of any other glass screen protectors that I should check out. Alternatively any plastic screen protectors that are known for impact protection?

    If you could also share what case/screen protector combo you plan on using, that would be nice to see.

    submitted by /u/Berry515
    [link] [comments]

    Do mechanical slider cameras cause durability issues?

    Posted: 28 Feb 2019 10:15 PM PST

    Thinking of buying the Vivo V15 Pro but am concerned that the pop-up camera may impact phone durability (read some articles on this). Just want to ask if anyone has been using last year's slider camera phones and if so, were there issues with durability of the front camera (either due to it collecting dust/water etc or the camera breaking with the phone falling off or even with the pop-up camera just stopping to function as a result of high usage). Also, does it lead to significant usage of the phone battery?

    submitted by /u/touseeff
    [link] [comments]

    S10+ International Compatibility in US

    Posted: 28 Feb 2019 09:59 PM PST

    I'm moving to the US in a few months, and I'm thinking of buying the Galaxy S10+ within the next few days. However, I heard that international versions of some devices may not work with US carriers if their frequencies are not the same, and there may be no 4G coverage etc. So I was wondering if the international version of Galaxy S10+ works with GSM carriers in the US like AT&T and T-Mobile for 4G usage? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/why_not_flowers
    [link] [comments]

    Tracking a phone via IMEI

    Posted: 28 Feb 2019 09:52 PM PST

    Anyone here has any idea how to track a phone via IMEI ? I don't mind if it's a long process or require me to install Linux/any programs I have the IMEI with me I live in Malaysia if anyone wanna know

    submitted by /u/Deadguyfromhell
    [link] [comments]

    s10+ 1tb

    Posted: 28 Feb 2019 09:39 PM PST

    is the terabyte model a limited edition

    submitted by /u/LoveTheSalt
    [link] [comments]

    What Flat Screen Android Smartphones Are Better Than The Galaxy s10e?

    Posted: 28 Feb 2019 05:43 PM PST

    I was planning on getting the s10+ until I saw it in person and looked at the horrible glare and image/color/brightness distortion caused by the curved edges...

    But the s10e has a Full Hd Screen, not a Quad Hd screen. So it has the screen of an s5 rather than an s6 and so on... Also no zoom lense... Which is minor but second most important downsid for me. But I feel like the worse screen is a deal breaker for me.

    So what android smartphones on market are better? Any without notches? Should I wait a year or so until better phones come out?

    Side question: Does the software really matter across android devices? Like samsung galaxy vs google pixel? And why?

    submitted by /u/ToLazyToPickName
    [link] [comments]

    How good are blu phones

    Posted: 28 Feb 2019 05:26 PM PST

    I was just wondering if anyone has had a blu phone or has had one and how what was your overall view about them?

    submitted by /u/BZB97
    [link] [comments]

    Who has the best USB cables on the market?

    Posted: 28 Feb 2019 06:38 AM PST

    I've tried out so many brands and different price ranges, but I always end up with cables whose connectors become warped quickly and no longer stay in the phone. Who makes the best cables out there? There must be some manufacturers who have near indestructible cables for a premium price, right?

    submitted by /u/lolitsaj
    [link] [comments]

    Loss of screen sensitivity on galaxy J7 after putting on a glass screen protector?

    Posted: 28 Feb 2019 08:52 PM PST

    I had no problems with this phone's screen until I put on a screen protector. Now it frequently doesn't register my fingers touching the screen, making typing a real chore and playing games impossible.

    I do not plan on using a phone without a screen protector, so I want to know: Is this a normal problem with whatever screen protectors that Verizon sells? Can i increase my screens sensitivity or do something else to improve how the phone senses my touch?

    submitted by /u/AllPurple
    [link] [comments]

    What happened to the menu button on galaxy J7?

    Posted: 28 Feb 2019 08:42 PM PST

    I used to have a note 3 that had a menu button on the left.

    For whatever reason, they remapped the keys on the J7 so that my bottom 3 buttons do different things that what worked perfectly on my note 3. It didn't bother that me at first, but as I was trying to make a folder in my chrome bookmarks, I realized I have no way of opening the menu. The app doesn't have the 3 vertical dots to open a menu, and now i don't have the menu button.

    I saw a suggestion that you could long press the back button, but that only shows a list of my last web pages. Long pressing the home button just opens the assistant which I'll never use. The left button is now the app drawer, and it opens the app drawer whether I long press or not.

    What am I doing wrong? Is there a way to remap keys on newer versions of android?

    submitted by /u/AllPurple
    [link] [comments]

    Is there any way to open all the apps in a folder at once?

    Posted: 28 Feb 2019 08:05 PM PST

    By folder I mean when multiple apps are combined into a single link on the home screen like this: https://imgur.com/a/4rS4mbh

    Is there any way to open all of those apps at the same time?

    submitted by /u/Honkmaster
    [link] [comments]

    Help

    Posted: 28 Feb 2019 03:43 PM PST

    I have problem in play store i cant download any thing it says download pending i have tried to clear data but it didn't work i need solution

    submitted by /u/Needhelpplsse
    [link] [comments]

    Wallpaper keeps reverting to an old one?

    Posted: 28 Feb 2019 03:32 PM PST

    Seemingly randomly, my home screen wallpaper keeps changing back to one I put on like a year ago and I've just been dealing with it. I installed Nova Launcher since it saves the last wallpaper change so I can quickly change it back but I have to do it like once or twice a day. I don't understand why it changes, I've cleared the cache and done everything else within device maintenance and it doesn't change back, but then like a few hours later it will for seemingly no reason.

    This happened before I installed Nova Launcher so I don't think it's that, and I have a Galaxy S7. On Android 8.0 and Samsung Experience 9.0 (if that matters I dont even know what that is). On metropcs if that matters too. Also I don't remember exactly at this point but I think it started happening after an update, maybe. Any way I can fix this?

    submitted by /u/Budborne
    [link] [comments]

    Getting the POCO F1 pretty soon, what should I do to optimize my experience?

    Posted: 28 Feb 2019 07:10 PM PST

    I know about the Pixel camera but what else?

    submitted by /u/SharingIsMean
    [link] [comments]

    Showering with smartphone between clothes

    Posted: 28 Feb 2019 03:21 PM PST

    I was wondering about this for a long time. If you take a shower while your smartphone is between two folded clothes, would it be protected from the steam?

    submitted by /u/DanKarklin
    [link] [comments]

    Help needed - USB microphone volume adjustment

    Posted: 28 Feb 2019 07:05 PM PST

    I'm trying to find out if there's any way to adjust the microphone gain/volume on a USB headset on my Android Pie phone. I can only access volume controls for output (media, ringer, etc) but can't find any settings for microphone gain/volume.

    I've tried googling for answers but I've come up completely dry.

    submitted by /u/codycraven
    [link] [comments]

    Can you see which app made a phone call?

    Posted: 28 Feb 2019 03:18 PM PST

    So, I casually opened my phone app and in the recent calls screen I saw a lot of calls I didn't do nor was I notified to unknown numbers in my country (not from the US). At first I tought it was the spam blocker from google but then I took a closer look and saw that they were calls from my phone and to my phone that were answered. I checked a couple of them and the calls where a couple of minutes each. I inmediately went to the configuration and revoked the Phone and Call history permissions to as much apps as I could, I suspect about a bank app or maybe my shitty carrier app. So, is there a way to check which app made and recieved that calls? I'm using a Xiaomi A2 with the latest Android 9 patch which is the february security update. The phone is not rooted nor boot unlocked. Also, in a somewhat related question, can you not block anymore from the phone app? The option did not appear to me, but it did in the contacts app, I can do it from there but I have to copy paste the number so it's kind of a annoyance.

    submitted by /u/jbrr25
    [link] [comments]

    I was just wondering what are some smartphone options that rootable and are good for gaming?

    Posted: 28 Feb 2019 07:02 PM PST

    So I got a few years before I fully pay off my Samsung Galaxy S9 but... Don't get me wrong the phone itself, poor corporate policies by Samsung aside, is awesome I love it. But I am a avid gamer and sometimes I want to tweak my device for example I wanted to get a Bluetooth keyboard and use a remapper program to map touch functions to specific keys well I don't seem to be able to do that without root access.

    And so I am planning for the future now. But I'm curious are there good gaming smartphones that can also be rooted? I don't want to go to iOS because, um let's just say I couldn't enjoy my gaming experience to the fullest extent, so I plan to stick with Android I can honestly tell you now I most certainly will never buy another Samsung phone I don't like their corporate policies, I don't like some of the tricks they pull.

    So are there phones good for gaming, that can be rooted, and for a reasonable price? The Galaxy S9 I have was around $600 I have the Snapdragon US variant for better or worse I live in the US.

    Also what is the significance of service carriers in relation to this question? Also does getting your phone from your carrier versus buying yourself and then signing up for a carrier make any difference? I currently have T-Mobile.

    submitted by /u/Joey3155
    [link] [comments]

    Can't connect Mega.nz in Mixplorer

    Posted: 28 Feb 2019 06:55 PM PST

    It just says that my password/username is wrong, yet when I use the same password/username in browser I can log in. So I'm a bit lost

    submitted by /u/SeaRefrigerator2
    [link] [comments]

    Not getting all messages

    Posted: 28 Feb 2019 03:00 PM PST

    I get regular text messages, but sometimes it will say "downloading" yet they never download. I don't get anything. Anyone know how to fix this. I'm older but not totally ignorant, I will be able to follow technical directions.

    Thank You in Advance.

    submitted by /u/SteveKep
    [link] [comments]

    Google Play Services activating location

    Posted: 28 Feb 2019 06:36 PM PST

    Galaxy s8. Every few minutes, location is being activated. I turn it back off, it comes back on. Location shows Google Play Services as the only recent location requestor.

    Since Google Play Services provides location to other apps, how can I tell what app is using it and activating so frequently? Is there a log?

    I have disabled every app's location permission, other than a MDM, maps, and my Gear software which disables if I turn off location permission. No new apps, so not sure what is causing the issue.

    submitted by /u/sharkowictz
    [link] [comments]

    How do I disable OK Google on my phone? None of the guides on the internet work anymore

    Posted: 28 Feb 2019 12:31 PM PST

    They're all saying to tap menu buttons in the google assistant that don't exist anymore. The only thing I could find that should have worked, was opening the Google app, going into more, settings, voice, voice match, and turning off "access your assistant any time you say ok google", and all other options.

    Yet that stupid google thing keeps coming up every time I say it. This is a real pain in the ass because I use my phone to cast to my Google Home in my bathroom, and saying "ok google" makes BOTH devices respond. I don't want to waste cpu and battery cycles on my phone listening to the mic all the time, but I can't seem to turn it off :(

    submitted by /u/Reacher-Said-Nothing
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel