• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Monday, December 31, 2018

    Android Help Moronic Monday (Dec 31 2018) - Your weekly questions thread!

    Android Help Moronic Monday (Dec 31 2018) - Your weekly questions thread!


    Moronic Monday (Dec 31 2018) - Your weekly questions thread!

    Posted: 31 Dec 2018 03:16 AM PST

    Note 1. Join us at /r/MoronicMondayAndroid, a sub serving as a repository for our retired weekly threads. Just pick any thread and Ctrl-F your way to wisdom!

    Note 2. Join our Discord, IRC, and Telegram chat-rooms! Please see our wiki for instructions.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Okay, Google… What happened? (Linus Tech Tips Pixel Slate Review)

    Posted: 31 Dec 2018 12:08 PM PST

    First look: Google Duo tests group calling feature and low light mode

    Posted: 31 Dec 2018 05:19 AM PST

    [MKBHD] Huawei posts “Happy 2019” wishes on their Twitter... from an iPhone

    Posted: 31 Dec 2018 08:53 PM PST

    I used a phone with Android Jellybean for a week and realized how dependent I was with my old phone

    Posted: 31 Dec 2018 11:54 AM PST

    I'm sorry if there any grammar mistakes because English is my second language and I'm too mostly lazy to fix the structuring .

    About a week ago I dropped my Meizu M5 Note in a pool and well it's broken.A friend gave me his Samsung Galaxy Pocket Neo,at first I thought I'd be fine with it until I have enough money to buy a new one because apparently I "only use" Whatsapp and Telegram for school but boy was I wrong.This phone struggles at loading everything even a low res picture.I tried playing a YouTube video at 114p and it still lags.I realized how dependent and how much I really use my phone.I even stopped browsing Reddit because I mostly browse on mobile.I tried typing this on Reddit but Chrome just stopped working entirely and I can't reply any emails with this phone and no music because Spotify takes too much space.So yeah this is my life now but I kinda like how small and simple it is though but I as much as I hate to say it,I miss big screens.I'm still going to use it because I like food more than phones.

    Also it's crazy how far Android and the whole smartphone tech in general has come,Jellybean was released when I started secondary school,now I'm in collage.

    Has anyone tried using an older phone too? I'd like to know your story.

    Here it is in all 3" of glory

    Front

    Back

    submitted by /u/JenkinKhan
    [link] [comments]

    There's messages in Google Maps now

    Posted: 31 Dec 2018 06:46 PM PST

    So as title says, we now have messages in Google maps. It's only to connect with businesses as of now.

    Sidebar

    Messages page

    submitted by /u/sanju2cool
    [link] [comments]

    Flossy Carter - Top 10 Smartphones Of 2018

    Posted: 31 Dec 2018 08:42 AM PST

    Nokia 9 PureView First-ever Promo Video; Courtesy OnLeaks

    Posted: 31 Dec 2018 04:07 AM PST

    Google hardware year in review: What worked, what didn't, and what we want in 2019

    Posted: 31 Dec 2018 11:53 AM PST

    Why not support iMessage effects, Android Messages? (How Google could support Apple's chat effects)

    Posted: 31 Dec 2018 05:06 PM PST

    So, as you may know, Apple has neat chat effects that blow up and slam into the chat. This requires iOS 10 and above to work on iMessage. Why am I bringing this up here? Well, with these effects, if you do not have iOS 10 or above (or iOS at all), it will come out as this instead:

    This message is loud!
    (sent with Loud Effect)

    Photo example

    What can we do with this? Why not create a system that reads a message as it's coming in, and checks the end of the string for "(sent with Loud Effect)" and just apply the effect on Android Message's end? Granted, we wouldn't be able to send these effects back to iOS users, but it still would something more to Messages as we move into Chat (RCS).

    Also adding a way to turn this feature off. I am sure some people would not like the reading the ends of their messages.

    submitted by /u/vd4m
    [link] [comments]

    Phones we caught cheating benchmarks in 2018

    Posted: 31 Dec 2018 09:22 PM PST

    moto g6 plus - Android™ 9.0 Pie Release Notes - Motorola Support

    Posted: 31 Dec 2018 02:18 AM PST

    From Jan 9th Where's My Droid can no longer be controlled by SMS. Thanks Google.

    Posted: 31 Dec 2018 09:49 PM PST

    How to uninstall Facebook (even if your phone won't let you)

    Posted: 30 Dec 2018 12:05 PM PST

    Usually, when Facebook is pre-installed on a phone, the OEM makes it that you cannot uninstall it conventionally or without root. I've written a cmd script (Linux version coming soon, and I don't have a Mac) that uninstalls the following apps from your phone:

    • Facebook
    • Facebook App Manager
    • Facebook App Installer
    • Messenger

    Note that how this script uninstalls is that it uninstalls from the user 0 (which is you), it does not uninstall the app completely. System apps can't be uninstalled completely without root. If you do a factory reset, all of these apps will reinstall themselves.

    Make sure USB debugging is enabled on your phone. Here is a zip file containing the adb files and the script: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmWVPYZ6L-72iWV3RAktcdSXB9xS

    Extract everything and run deletus.bat.

    submitted by /u/TreatmentForYourRash
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel