• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Wednesday, October 31, 2018

    A random AD tried to install a .apk in my cellphone, should i be concerned? Android Help

    A random AD tried to install a .apk in my cellphone, should i be concerned? Android Help


    A random AD tried to install a .apk in my cellphone, should i be concerned?

    Posted: 31 Oct 2018 07:56 PM PDT

    I was searching for a torrent and the website just redirected me to a sketchy ad website that tried to install a .apk, so i obviously canceled the download and was scared as hell, should I be concerned and what to do?

    submitted by /u/GrubProblem-Helppls
    [link] [comments]

    What are the limitations of a locked bootloader?

    Posted: 31 Oct 2018 09:02 PM PDT

    I want to purchase a huawei phone since I'm currently in China called the Mate 20 pro. However I read huawei phones have locked boot loaders.

    I prefer using the Google ecosystem especially the play store so I was wondering is it possible to flash another (European) Rom with a locked bootloader.. Note I'm not asking about custom ROMs just about other authentic non Chinese huawei ROMs flashed to a Chinese phone.

    There are also minor differences in features of the Chinese phone, namely no fingerprint scanner. Do you think a fingerprint scanner supported Rom would still run and just ignore that it is not present? Or would it probably refuse to run completely?

    submitted by /u/mishaxz
    [link] [comments]

    Should I buy unlocked or from Verizon like normal?

    Posted: 31 Oct 2018 05:12 PM PDT

    I usually get a contract and all that with Verizon for every phone but the phones are just so damned expensive now I was looking into just saving up and outright buying an unlocked phone. For an unlocked phone to work with Verizon does it NEED to support CDMA? I'm asking specifically about the Galaxy Note 9.

    submitted by /u/Daronmal12
    [link] [comments]

    ANY hope for finding a US carrier that could give me more than 2G for my Chinese device?

    Posted: 31 Oct 2018 06:58 PM PDT

    I don't really have the budget for a new device so I've been looking for a plan that would work with a Vivo y83 I bought in China. Multiple websites indicated that it should be compatible with the GSM carriers since it has several bands of GSM/CDMA/HSPA/LTE, so I tried Mint Mobile's free trial (it goes through T-Mobile). Their website and app indicated that I should get 3G, but not LTE, which I could live with. However, when I set up their APN (and tried restarting my phone, resetting defaults, using multiple alternative APNs found online, etc.), I couldn't get data any better than "E." When I contacted customer support, one person suggested that it might have something to do with location, which I didn't understand, and then the next person I talked to admitted that their network straight up wouldn't work with Vivo. Do any of you have advice for moving forward, since I'm back to square one in the search for carriers? Thanks.

    submitted by /u/Chockchoola
    [link] [comments]

    "Remind me at a specific location" doesn't work

    Posted: 31 Oct 2018 11:56 AM PDT

    I use a Pixel 3. I will do a "remind me" command to buy paper plates at Walmart. Hiowever, the alert does not pop up when I visit Walmart. I do have location turned on in my settings. Am I missing something where the reminder doesn't pop up when I am in proximity of a location I set?

    submitted by /u/SatchBoogie1
    [link] [comments]

    if i forget to turn off wifi before leaving the house i lose internet any time i go near a pay phone or mcdonalds. how can i prevent this?

    Posted: 31 Oct 2018 06:07 PM PDT

    so maccas has public wifi and almost all payphones in my town are public wifi hotspots

    problem is both of these require a signin before you can use them plus they only really work if you are within 10 metres or so of the hotspot but the phone will connect to them from 50 metres away

    so any time i walk near a payphone or mcdonals my internet just completely dies as it agressively connects to these open wifis that cant actually be used

    they dont require a password so i cant just tell my phone to forget them as there doesnt seem to be an option so its either completely disable wifi and hope i remember to switch it back on when i get home so i dont use up all my data thinking im on wifi or lose internet any time im around like 80% of the CBD cause these wifis are forced on me

    submitted by /u/Larry_WH
    [link] [comments]

    What would be the easiest way to change my notification alert to Randy Marsh's "Feeling good on a Wednesday" so that it only plays on Wednesday?

    Posted: 31 Oct 2018 06:56 AM PDT

    See title.

    submitted by /u/brohymn722
    [link] [comments]

    Odd problem I just can't solve... (S5, Android 6.0.1)

    Posted: 31 Oct 2018 05:21 PM PDT

    Samsung S5, Android. 6.0.1

    Any time I try to select a person from my contacts list while attempting to send as text message using the default messaging app, my contacts screen comes up and my phone locks. Every time.

    I can use messaging and type the person's name in and it looks them up, but if I choose "Contacts" -- lock up.

    Now here's where it gets worse:

    I took a screenshot I needed to send someone. If I'm texting them and click the paperclip, my phone gives me a few choices of where to get the attachment. GALLERY is not one of them. IMAGES is. But when I go into the IMAGES under "Screenshots" the folder is EMPTY. If I browse everything in IMAGES, there is NO SCREENSHOT despite my S5 telling me that it took the screenshot (about 10 times now). Go into GALLERY, screenshot there. Go into IMAGES, not there.

    And finally, go into GALLERY and try to share the screenshot? It sends me to the default messaging app. If I choose NEW CONTACT or EXISTING CONTACT (the only two possible choices) then boom, LOCKED UP AGAIN.

    If I grab the screen and use the SHARE button, same EXACT result. Lock up.

    Can anyone bail me out on this?

    submitted by /u/faxinator
    [link] [comments]

    Automatic "do not disturb" mode still make my phone vibrate and it's frustrating

    Posted: 31 Oct 2018 05:18 PM PDT

    I have an annoying broblem: when my phone activate automatically the "do not disturb" mode on weeknight, I still hear my phone vibrate. I have to manually put it on mute every time. I run Android Pie on a Pixel 2. Does anyone have the same problem? Thanks.

    submitted by /u/Whatever_xav
    [link] [comments]

    Is their a keyboard that supports swipe but also has the proper layout, with special characters on the "proper" key like a computer keyboard?

    Posted: 31 Oct 2018 12:58 PM PDT

    I love SwiftKey for everyday use, but hate that all the special characters are randomly all over the place.

    For example, all the special characters on the top row of numbers ("1" through "=") are on random keys. I have to go into the 123 menu, and then into the sub-menu of that to get to what I am looking for. This is particularly frustrating for some of the complex passwords I have to use.

    I also love the number row and arrow keys, as I often have to move around on RDP sessions and so forth.

    Is there a keyboard that has the best of both worlds?

    Edit: Of course I typo the title. "there"!

    submitted by /u/Jessie_James
    [link] [comments]

    Help rooting without PC

    Posted: 31 Oct 2018 07:05 PM PDT

    I have a LG Rebel 4 from WFM. Model LML211BL running Oreo 8.1 and I need help rooting it. I don't have access to a computer. Can anyone please help me? Also if you know where I can get a decent computer for real cheap that info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/Timrrow36
    [link] [comments]

    Wondering how to change icons while using stock launcher?

    Posted: 31 Oct 2018 11:30 AM PDT

    I have tried several apps, but haven't seemed to have any success.

    submitted by /u/bossycloud
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a powerbank that supports QC or PD and allows usb passthrough for data?

    Posted: 31 Oct 2018 11:52 AM PDT

    I'm trying to turn my phone into a portable gaming station. I have it connected to my DS4 with a USB cable but the battery drains way too fast. Like 2 hours on battery like that. I need a powerbank that will charge my phone and allow me to plus my ds4 into it to get that working as well.

    Thanks guys,

    submitted by /u/tsthrowaway2015
    [link] [comments]

    Moving files to SD card while retaining creation date?

    Posted: 31 Oct 2018 02:03 PM PDT

    As title says trying to move my files, have looked through previous answers but they don't seem to be helpful/are too complicated. If someone could please help I'd be very grateful

    submitted by /u/throwawayforevrythng
    [link] [comments]

    Modify/disable stock keyboard shortcuts?

    Posted: 31 Oct 2018 01:53 PM PDT

    I just got a new keyboard, and every time I press shift+space, android interprets it as the shortcut for opening up the "change input method" menu. I have no idea why android thinks my keyboard is mapped that way, but it shouldn't be. Is there ANY way to disable or modify the stock keyboard shortcuts?

    submitted by /u/thefrdeal
    [link] [comments]

    How do I get the notification badge number to stay after I've dismissed the notification in the pull down settings?

    Posted: 31 Oct 2018 01:49 PM PDT

    There was an update a while ago that caused the number badge on the applications to disappear if you swipe away the notification in the home screen (pull down screen) and it really bothers me because I miss alot of messages because I forget to reply.

    Is there anyway to undo this feature of the update? I have a Samsung 8

    submitted by /u/byecarbonate
    [link] [comments]

    Somewhere where i can enter all the features i want on a smartphone and it tells me smartphones with thos features

    Posted: 31 Oct 2018 03:59 PM PDT

    Is there a website,app etc. Where I could enter the features I want on a smartphone e.g. wireless charging,IP 68 etc. Thanks

    submitted by /u/CosmoDale
    [link] [comments]

    Note 8: How can I record my screen?

    Posted: 31 Oct 2018 03:27 PM PDT

    Note 8 on Sprint. How do I record my screen?

    submitted by /u/Jaymez82
    [link] [comments]

    Text message issues, please help!

    Posted: 31 Oct 2018 03:01 PM PDT

    Update: Solved! Booted into safe mode and they all flooded in.

    LG G Stylo (Android 6) on Metro PCS

    Last night I installed a call recorder app and right away had errors in my messenger app (default app), including delayed messages, repeating messages, not getting texts and a crash. I uninstalled the app a few hours later and still have issues. Is there a quick fix to restore my text ability? Already cleared data and cache.

    Thank you.

    submitted by /u/NightfallOne
    [link] [comments]

    How long before a deleted text message gets over written?

    Posted: 31 Oct 2018 02:36 PM PDT

    Specifically for an Galaxy s3. I have an old text message that I deleted from an old phone and I at least need the number it came from, or the actual text would be even better. I haven't used the phone in years and I got the text about 9 months before I got a new one. It's a long shot, but do you think it is still recoverable?

    Edit: I sent about 10 texts/day and rarely downloaded apps and games.

    submitted by /u/haifisch223
    [link] [comments]

    Phone help

    Posted: 31 Oct 2018 02:16 PM PDT

    I was trying to find a replacement phone shell the plastic that holds the phone together but all I found were cases. I was wondering where I might find them.

    submitted by /u/ItsDeeRek80
    [link] [comments]

    I just rooted my Galaxy Note 5 and still can't find the file I want...

    Posted: 31 Oct 2018 01:33 PM PDT

    Hi all!

    Many thanks in advance!

    I've just rooted my Samsung Galaxy Note 5 in an effort to find audio files that are downloaded internally by an app and still can't seem to find them.

    Context: I have a podcast app that allows me to download, for offline purposes, the audio file. I want to transfer these files to my computer to listen to them in the office. However, I can't seem to find them - nor any file of their size in my files. I was really hoping this would be a drag-and-drop kinda thing.

    Edit: App size is 18MB on file. Data Size is 135MB (it increases as I download audio files). When I export the app to my computer it's only bringing across the 18MB portion and when I .zip the .apk file to explore, there's no MP3's or any other audio format file (that I can see) in the folder.

    Appreciate any insights or clarifying questions!

    submitted by /u/The_Stool_Sample
    [link] [comments]

    Android backup not showing up after updating to Pie

    Posted: 31 Oct 2018 01:12 PM PDT

    I've just now updated to Android pie (from Oreo 8.1) and made a backup before updating. However, when I try to restore a backup, I can only restore a backup from October 13. I know my most recent backup is from today at 18:21, since it even shows in my Google Drive's backups. Is it because I changed my version of Android?

    submitted by /u/pricelessgaming
    [link] [comments]

    Showing what is hidden and shown on the lock screen in Android Pie?

    Posted: 31 Oct 2018 05:28 AM PDT

    Is it possible to pick and choose what app information is displayed on the lock screen in Android Pie like I could in Oreo? IE: show certain text messages but not any email information? It looks like it's an all-or-nothing setting (hide sensitive information or show all) which I really, really do not like.

    submitted by /u/EchoInTheRoom
    [link] [comments]

    Any Downsides to Stock Android vs Stock Android ROM

    Posted: 31 Oct 2018 09:14 AM PDT

    Hi, I'm currently buying a new phone which does not have Stock Android, but has very good support with Pixel Experience and I wanted to know, is there any big downsides of having a phone without stock android preinstalled, am I missing something or problems?

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/LordDrakota
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel