• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Friday, September 28, 2018

    Simple Questions - September 28, 2018

    Simple Questions - September 28, 2018


    Simple Questions - September 28, 2018

    Posted: 28 Sep 2018 05:15 AM PDT

    This thread is for simple questions that don't warrant their own thread (although we strongly suggest checking the sidebar and the wiki before posting!). Please don't post involved questions that are better suited to a [Build Help], [Build Ready] or [Build Complete] post. Examples of questions:

    • Is this RAM compatible with my motherboard?
    • I'm thinking of getting a GTX 1070. Which one should I get?
    • I'm on a very tight budget and I'm looking for a case < $50

    Remember that Discord is great places to ask quick questions as well: http://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/wiki/livechat

    Important: Downvotes are strongly discouraged in this thread. Sorting by new is strongly encouraged.

    Have a question about the subreddit or otherwise for /r/buildapc mods? We welcome your mod mail!

    Looking for all the Simple Questions threads? Want an easy way to locate today's thread? This link is now in the sidebar below the yellow Rules section.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    My cat keeps turning off my PC. Anything I can do?

    Posted: 28 Sep 2018 05:56 AM PDT

    So here's an issue that I never thought I'd have to worry about. I recently did a build using the Phanteks Enthoo Pro case. I love everything about my PC, it runs great, looks awesome, and I felt very accomplished when everything worked correctly immediately after I put it all together, as this was my first build.

    Except now my cat will occasionally randomly hit the power button, shutting it off in the middle of whatever I'm doing.

    She's not doing it intentionally, thank God. It's just that the button is on the top, and she sometimes steps on it when climbing on/over/down. I started out with the tower sitting beside my desk, and from that position, my cat found the PC to be the perfect height to jump onto when she wants to get onto the desk and stand in front of my monitor until I pet her. So I tried moving the computer slightly to the inside underneath the desk, which isn't ideal from a leg-room standpoint, and the tower is big enough that it's slightly sticking out anyway, which means that sometimes she still ends up stepping on the power button (usually when she's jumping down off the desk this time).

    I've resorted to laying an old-expired credit card over top of the button, which is just about the most shameful thing I can imagine to solve this terrible/hilarious problem.

    Have any pet-owning PC builders came up with creative ways to prevent your furry loved ones from accidentally stepping on your computer's power buttons?

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/neofederalist
    [link] [comments]

    First time

    Posted: 28 Sep 2018 02:01 PM PDT

    so this is what I'm planning to do for my first build and wondering what you guys think Motherboard: MSI Z370 CPU: intel-i5 8600k GPU: 1070ti RAM: Ballistix 16gb PSU: EVGA modular 600W Planning to use my old Hard drive and SSD. Should I replace those two?

    submitted by /u/ThundercowReddit
    [link] [comments]

    Buying a used gaming pc

    Posted: 28 Sep 2018 03:38 PM PDT

    What are some red flags when looking at a used pc?

    submitted by /u/Barhaven
    [link] [comments]

    Which GPU to run CAD software (Fusion 360) on?

    Posted: 28 Sep 2018 12:36 PM PDT

    I use Fusion 360 to do mechanical design and 3D modeling, my computer is an i7-7700 with 16gigs of RAM, but I'm just using the onboard graphics. It really struggles with some more complex parts, and I'm assuming the GPU is the bottleneck. I'm running two monitors at 1440, but a single monitor at a lower resolution doesn't make a noticable difference in performance.

    I don't game, so it's hard to judge most of the reviews on graphics cards because they're all gaming focused, and I can't tell how well that translates to what I need.

    I don't have a problem spending $100-150 if that's what I need, and I don't want to have to replace the thing in a year. What should I be looking for?

    submitted by /u/abskee
    [link] [comments]

    Orange light

    Posted: 28 Sep 2018 03:14 PM PDT

    I built a pc with the ryzen 3 2200g and there's an orange light glowing underneath the mount for the gpu, and nothing is showing up on the monitor.

    submitted by /u/Jeppe037
    [link] [comments]

    Advice for an aspiring animator

    Posted: 28 Sep 2018 02:43 PM PDT

    Hi! I'm quite new here and looking for some information. Not sure I'm even in the right place. I have a close family member who is terminally ill. Her son (a teenager) is very interested in drawing. He does it all the time. Now he wants to learn to animate his drawings. His mother would like to get him set up with a computer to help him reach his goals. She doesn't have a huge amount of money, but she wants quality products. My question is, can someone make recommendations? Programs? Models? Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/utkd39
    [link] [comments]

    When do you think is the best time to upgrade components?

    Posted: 28 Sep 2018 10:46 AM PDT

    So I'm currently sitting on a 6700K and a 1080. I know that a good rule of thumb is 5 years for a hardware upgrade, but does anyone think it's worth it to jump on a 9 series CPU? I plan on riding the 1080 until RTX matures maybe another year or 2.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/TheSaltanofSalt
    [link] [comments]

    Is gsync worth it?

    Posted: 28 Sep 2018 04:39 PM PDT

    Looking at 144hz monitors and wondering if g sync is worth the extra cost?

    submitted by /u/scratchpyramid
    [link] [comments]

    Is a gigabyte Radeon RX 570 4GB used for $100 worth it?

    Posted: 28 Sep 2018 06:54 AM PDT

    I know there was just a post on /r/buildapcsales for a new one for $150 but if you are on a budget would you go with the used GPU? Is the RX 570 decent with the ryzen 7 2700?

    submitted by /u/Askan65
    [link] [comments]

    Just finished my new PC setup. What do you guys think?

    Posted: 28 Sep 2018 04:20 PM PDT

    Thanks Reddit and the many other people who helped out with my build. It means a lot to me; upgrading from a 7 year old laptop to something worth gaming on. Pictures below.

    The photo gallery:

    https://imgur.com/gallery/F1noL3E

    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

    Type Item Price
    CPU Intel - Core i5-6500 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor $214.89 @ B&H
    CPU Cooler Phanteks - PH-TC12LS_BK 53.3 CFM CPU Cooler $34.99 @ Newegg
    Motherboard MSI - B150M BAZOOKA Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard -
    Memory Kingston - HyperX Fury Black 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2133 Memory $97.34 @ Amazon
    Memory Kingston - HyperX Fury Black 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2133 Memory $97.34 @ Amazon
    Storage Samsung - 860 Evo 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive $97.87 @ OutletPC
    Storage Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $44.89 @ OutletPC
    Video Card EVGA - GeForce GTX 1070 8GB SC GAMING ACX 3.0 Black Edition Video Card $359.99 @ Newegg
    Case Fractal Design - Define Mini C with Window MicroATX Mid Tower Case $99.98 @ SuperBiiz
    Power Supply EVGA - SuperNOVA G3 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply $69.89 @ OutletPC
    Operating System Microsoft - Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit $94.89 @ OutletPC
    Monitor Acer - H236HLbid 23.0" 1920x1080 60Hz Monitor -
    Keyboard Cooler Master - MasterKeys Pro L Wired Standard Keyboard $91.74 @ Newegg Business
    Mouse ROCCAT - TYON Wired Laser Mouse $49.99 @ Dell
    Speakers Cyber Acoustics - CA-2012RB 1.5W 2ch Speakers $16.16 @ Amazon
    Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
    Total (before mail-in rebates) $1424.96
    Mail-in rebates -$55.00
    Total $1369.96
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-09-28 19:02 EDT-0400
    submitted by /u/Fixed_Device
    [link] [comments]

    Is this worth $700 or more?

    Posted: 28 Sep 2018 11:06 AM PDT

    Intel i5-8400 6 Core Processor, AMD RX 580 4GB, 8GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB 7200RPM HDD, WiFi, Win 10 Home 64-bit

    What would you price it at in NJ USA?

    submitted by /u/LaneyLohen
    [link] [comments]

    AMD CPU issue

    Posted: 28 Sep 2018 01:42 PM PDT

    Hello, I bought a 8350 roughly 3 years ago. It was a nice little CPU but unfortunately it died last night. I'm not sure what to do, I'm in college and kind of broke. I was curious as to what kind of warranty AMD has when it comes to these kinds of things. Is it even worth to check out or should I just upgrade to a 1600 or 1600x (I'm kind of broke and in college).

    Thanks for any responses. Sorry if this isn't the right place to post this :(

    submitted by /u/notactuallyjoe
    [link] [comments]

    Advice on Pre-Built Linux Workstation

    Posted: 28 Sep 2018 01:35 PM PDT

    I've been using my workstation for 5 years now, but things have been running super slow lately, so I think it's time for a new machine.

    As such, I was hoping to get help in my search for a new pre-built Linux workstation for work. I'd be more than happy to install Linux (Ubuntu) manually, as long as all the hardware is compatible. Any recommendations or advice would be greatly appreciated!

    The specifications I'm looking for are:

    1TB SSD

    64GB+ Memory

    Top-notch Processor

    Ability to support 2 4k displays

    Wireless/Ethernet enabled

    submitted by /u/amalgameate
    [link] [comments]

    60-100W PSU for ultra low power build?

    Posted: 28 Sep 2018 07:46 AM PDT

    Hi! I'm building a very weak PC based on the Celeron J5005, which has a TDP of only 10W and doesn't need active cooling.

    I've been struggling to find an adequate power supply - I need to power my M-ITX Mainboard and 4 SATA drives. I've seen PicoPSU, but those only have one SATA power connector, not 4.

    Do you know any fanless 60-100W PSU I could use for my build?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Lucavon
    [link] [comments]

    What was that site that generated a build for you based on a budget?

    Posted: 28 Sep 2018 03:11 PM PDT

    I remember it was a useful tool to create a basic build for someone with a specific budget. It allowed you to leave out certain parts, and specify whether overclocking was desired. I thought it was in the sidebar or wiki but I can't find it there. Did the site go down, or fall out of favor? Or was it never actually officially linked by this sub

    EDIT: Did some more searching, finally found it. http://choosemypc.net/

    submitted by /u/YAOMTC
    [link] [comments]

    Huge lag spikes in CSGO even though it says I have 200+ fps all the time?

    Posted: 28 Sep 2018 02:56 PM PDT

    This never happened before. Could it be my hardware or could it be my monitor?

    submitted by /u/bravesheeptribe2018
    [link] [comments]

    Judge my Rig

    Posted: 28 Sep 2018 02:54 PM PDT

    MB: Msi X470 gaming plus CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700x w/stock cooler GPU: Asus Strix Geforce GTX 1080 Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16gb (2x8) DDR4 3000 MHz Power Supply: EVGA supernova 750 G3 80 plus 750W Storage: 500gb Samsung 860 Evo 2.5 inch Sata III SSD

    No over clocking planned for now, just easy gaming

    submitted by /u/anaya_lokz
    [link] [comments]

    Good specs for a gaming pc?

    Posted: 28 Sep 2018 11:03 AM PDT

    These pc costs 260€(301$): I5 4460 3.2Ghz GTX 750ti 2Gb DDR5 8Gb RAM DDR3 SSD 120Gb HDD 1Tb

    submitted by /u/bigneloPT555
    [link] [comments]

    First ever PC build.

    Posted: 28 Sep 2018 02:04 PM PDT

    I am finally switching over to the master race after 10+ years of console gaming. I would like to know any tips on whether there are any parts I should buy first. Also if there are any builds you recommend. My budget is between $1,500-$1,800. I appreciate any help.

    submitted by /u/jonsal6
    [link] [comments]

    First build; how does it look?

    Posted: 28 Sep 2018 07:13 AM PDT

    Build Help/Ready: Have you read the sidebar and rules? (Please do)

    yes

    What is your intended use for this build? The more details the better.

    Everyday use and some gaming

    If gaming, what kind of performance are you looking for? (Screen resolution, framerate, game settings)

    N/A

    What is your budget (ballpark is okay)? 1300/1400

    In what country are you purchasing your parts?

    U.S.

    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

    Type Item Price
    CPU AMD - Ryzen 5 2600X 3.6GHz 6-Core Processor $186.00
    CPU Cooler EVGA - CLC 120 74.8 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler $45.00
    Motherboard ASRock - AB350 Pro4 ATX AM4 Motherboard $67.00
    Memory G.Skill - Trident Z RGB 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory $150.00
    Storage Western Digital - Blue 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive $138.11 @ OutletPC
    Video Card EVGA - GeForce GTX 1070 8GB SC GAMING ACX 3.0 Black Edition Video Card $400.00
    Case Phanteks - ECLIPSE P400S TEMPERED GLASS ATX Mid Tower Case $65.00
    Power Supply EVGA - SuperNOVA G3 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply $74.00
    Other Mbest MB279QR144 QHD 2560x1440 144Hz AMD FreeSync 27" Gaming Monitor $254.00
    Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
    Total $1379.11
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-09-28 01:27 EDT-0400

    Provide any additional details you wish below.

    The incompatible message is "Some AMD B350 chipset motherboards may need a BIOS update prior to using Pinnacle Ridge CPUs. Upgrading the BIOS may require a different CPU that is supported by older BIOS revisions."

    Guessing this error wouldn't come up with a B450 motherboard

    Thanks in advance

    submitted by /u/RiverviewRonMexico
    [link] [comments]

    Will it fit? ITX build

    Posted: 28 Sep 2018 01:21 PM PDT

    Hey everyone. I've put together an ITX build that I want to be able to take with me on the go, I'm military so I move around a lot. I'm just going to link a picture of the parts list here.. My question is will a Nvidia Founders 1070 fit with the Asrock motherboard in a Cooler master 130? I already own both the gpu and the case so thats excluded from my budget ($1-1100) so I have a little wiggle room if you all have any extra advice on what parts you would recommend over others for this build.

    submitted by /u/nigguhgutsweg
    [link] [comments]

    When is the EVGA RTX 2080 ti FTW3 Launching?

    Posted: 28 Sep 2018 04:55 PM PDT

    As the title states. Been looking to pick one up but havent seen any listings on Newegg or Amazon. EVGA website also doesnt state when it launches. Does anyone know?

    submitted by /u/Moy5211
    [link] [comments]

    Which is best?

    Posted: 28 Sep 2018 04:53 PM PDT

    So currently I am putting together a gaming PC and I am wondering if I should go with the Fractal Meshify C and the Gigabyte gtx 1080 G1, because of the length in the case. Or with the Phanteks P350X and the Asus gtx 1080 strix, here are the other specs. I will be getting other parts in the future like more ram and probably different fans.

    https://pcpartpicker.com/user/NListon/saved/PNFKBm

    Thank you in advance

    submitted by /u/Nliston
    [link] [comments]

    Is this a good deal for a mined 1080ti?

    Posted: 28 Sep 2018 04:50 PM PDT

    So I'm buying an MSI 1080ti Duke for $490 on hardwareswap. It's been mined between a year and a year and a half. The cards were also being ran at 70% power limit with the temps staying below 70C at 50-60% fan speed. Is this a good deal for the card? What other questions do you recommend I ask?

    submitted by /u/Sauronmordor756
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel