• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Wednesday, September 26, 2018

    OnePlus High Quality 3D renders of the new OnePlus 6t surface.

    OnePlus High Quality 3D renders of the new OnePlus 6t surface.


    High Quality 3D renders of the new OnePlus 6t surface.

    Posted: 26 Sep 2018 01:15 PM PDT

    The new multi task viewing (?) in Android P is butt. Scrolling side ways vs up and down is counter intuitive.. Scrolling up and down to view recent apps is much easier and better.

    Posted: 26 Sep 2018 01:21 PM PDT

    Come on :( change this back

    submitted by /u/YaBooiiiiiii
    [link] [comments]

    Android P bugs.

    Posted: 26 Sep 2018 04:17 PM PDT

    I received the stable P ota yesterday and it has two bugs that are driving me crazy. The first is with the Ambient Display, when I lift up my phone my status bar stays colored instead of being black. The send issue is with the recents, when I press home and then go to recents that app has no thumbnail and is colored either white or grey.

    Is it possible to somehow fix this? Thank you.

    submitted by /u/IZismyname
    [link] [comments]

    OnePlus 6T Indian invite leaks, reveals October 17th unveiling

    Posted: 26 Sep 2018 01:44 AM PDT

    [OP6] For those on Pie Open Beta, The Official Pie image has been finally posted.

    Posted: 26 Sep 2018 08:21 AM PDT

    Just updated to Pie, this is setting my OCD on fire, please fix.

    Posted: 26 Sep 2018 03:22 PM PDT

    Screenshot: https://imgur.com/OzlADzl

    I mean seriously, they tested this and didn't come across it, or is the face unlock too fast for anyone to notice.

    submitted by /u/TheHighestGround
    [link] [comments]

    OP3 || Best Pie ROM for OP3 ?

    Posted: 26 Sep 2018 08:27 AM PDT

    I want to make the switch to Pie, fellow redditors, please share your experiences with the Pie ROMs available.

    P.S : I am looking for ROMs that are not rooted by default as I need to use some work related apps.

    submitted by /u/SpideySnack
    [link] [comments]

    Who else misses having a metal phone?

    Posted: 26 Sep 2018 12:31 PM PDT

    The OnePlus 6 looks stunning and all but really miss having the metal back of previous models especially seeing as there's no wireless charging. I'm no constantly scared to take the case off!

    submitted by /u/3dsm1th
    [link] [comments]

    Very annoying bug

    Posted: 26 Sep 2018 05:46 PM PDT

    On the OnePlus 6 with android p, when I am using picture in picture with YouTube when I open YouTube again my tapping on the app or the pip icon and I full screen it doesn't really full screen and makes the picture small with bars on the sides and top

    submitted by /u/capitan-mankini
    [link] [comments]

    Some extra comparison for difference Gcam vs stock OOS in different lightning conditions.

    Posted: 26 Sep 2018 06:27 AM PDT

    Got new update. Is it just me or does the screen not look as nice?

    Posted: 26 Sep 2018 02:52 PM PDT

    This might be just me as I have some vision problems when I have to deal with a light level change after having it a certain way for a long time. The brightness slider is way different now, and the screen doesn't look as vibrant to me now? It's practically at max and doesn't seem as bright as it used to be. Just curious if anyone else had this issue?

    submitted by /u/DarknessTear
    [link] [comments]

    Just got a OnePlus 6 and I immediately upgraded it to Pie via the official download. Have some questions and doubts.

    Posted: 26 Sep 2018 07:47 AM PDT

    As soon as I unboxed and set up my phone I downloaded the Pie zip file and updated locally. Then a friend told me I should have installed all previous updates incrementally before jumping straight to Pie. He mentioned that I now don't have the 'camera fix patch' that OnePlus released in July for the OP6, because I essentially 'skipped' the previous patches. The camera seems fine and takes decent pictures to me.

    Not a tech expert here. Can someone verify this?

    submitted by /u/JThings
    [link] [comments]

    OnePlus Gestures and Android Pie's Rotation Suggestion

    Posted: 26 Sep 2018 03:22 AM PDT

    Warning: this is probably a niche problem. So I have come to enjoy OnePlus's implementation of gesture controls, and will likely use them over Android Pie's new navigation bar. The fact that the bar still stays white in some apps is a deal breaker, as well as the fact that the gesture controls afford more screen real estate and have become natural to me.

    However, this leaves me with a problem. The rotation suggestion feature in Android Pie is seriously cool and would benefit me a ton. It's the icon that pops up in the navigation bar when the screen is locked to portrait, but you've rotated the device. It allows for a one-time rotation of the screen without opening settings. This is a great feature, but it's seemingly only available if you use the navigation bar. Any way to get this feature while still using gesture controls? I'd love a solution, or something similar. Anyone else have this very specific issue?

    submitted by /u/Thecheesybiscuit
    [link] [comments]

    OnePlus 6 vs Pixel 2 XL: The OnePlus is what the Pixel 2 XL had to be

    Posted: 26 Sep 2018 01:17 AM PDT

    I sent my Pixel 2 XL to Google for a replacement, it wil take around 15-20 days, so the other day I bought a OnePlus 6 to use it for this time.

    Oh My God. This thing is BLAZING FAST!!!

    My Pixel 2XL ALWAYS has had lag, even from day one, the experience was not smooth. Even after factory resetting. Same thing with the other Pixel 2 and Pixel 2XL that I've tried.

    But the OnePlus 6 is just buttery smooth. Really, not a single slowdown, everything responds so fast to the touch. I want to thank the team at OnePlus because they provide what Pure Android just promises.

    Also, the 8GB RAM come in handy,because apps stay opened for so much longer that my Pixel 2 XL.

    Even the fingerprint scanner surprised me, it works instantly. It shocks me. Or double tapping the power button to open the camera.

    The LED indicator is visible! Not like the Pixel 2XL that it's not noticeable from an angle.

    And the screen on the OnePlus 6 is brighter, although a little bit oversaturated with default settings. (but you can select other profiles like SRGB)

    The notch on the OnePlus 6 is uncompromising, it gives you more screen real estate while maintaining the footprint and having thin bezels. (the notch and bezel on the upcoming Pixel 3XL is just a monstruosity)

    I'm scared that I have to go back to a slower phone when I get the Pixel 2 XL replacement so probably I'll be selling the Pixel and buying the OnePlus 6T when it launches.

    The only thing that I miss from the Pixel 2XL is the camera. Both of the cameras (front facing and rear camera). Although the 2x Zoom on the OnePlus, and 4K60fps video recording is nice, the cameras on the Pixel 2XL are superior.

    It's also sad to see that Instagram doesn't have native support for the OnePlus camera.

    If OnePlus solves this for the 6T, then there's absolutely no reason for me to go for the Pixel 2XL or Pixel 3 (that ugly (Pixel 3XL) / outdated (Pixel 3) design too)

    PS: The OnePlus 6 comes with a case that fits the phone perfectly, and it's designed very consciously, because the case on the corners is a little bit higher, so the screen is protected.

    And yeah, it has a headphone jack but I don't personally care about that.

    submitted by /u/AudreyLynch
    [link] [comments]

    Should I factory reset for android P updated on OP6?

    Posted: 26 Sep 2018 01:53 PM PDT

    Wondering if I should factory reset my OP6, I have Android P but I want to ensure the performance is even better and battery life is better of the bat.

    submitted by /u/studentofarkad
    [link] [comments]

    anyone have any problems with auto brightness?

    Posted: 26 Sep 2018 07:48 PM PDT

    my auto brightness doesn't 'auto' change. it just stays where it was last set. anyone else have the same problem?

    submitted by /u/bengboomboom
    [link] [comments]

    I'm shocked at how much OP has improved their screen protectors.

    Posted: 26 Sep 2018 01:33 PM PDT

    Today I finally decided to apply my tempered glass protector I got with my 6. The one that came applied did it's job but had too many nicks and scratches so I decided to retire it.

    The reason I held off was how much of a difficult process I thought it'd be like it was on my 3T. But good God was it so much easier this time around. The included case helps line it up so well so I didn't have to put much thought or effort into it at all. One of the toughest parts of a screen protector for me was gone.

    And now it's on and aside from this one obscure piece of lint at the top of my screen, this thing rocks. Unlike the 3t's, barely any part of the screen is cut off from the black border. It also sits near flush with my wood case and feels great to swipe from the sides.

    Overall I'm really impressed at the improvement, considering how bad ALL the 3T protectors were.

    submitted by /u/DGT-exe
    [link] [comments]

    Beauty mode always on

    Posted: 26 Sep 2018 11:59 AM PDT

    I was testing gcam, when i take two photos of myself i notice that the stock cam has an beauty mode even if is all off, is possible to disable that in the stock camera? I am using the pie stable

    Photos http://imgur.com/gallery/ajDHTVk

    submitted by /u/Moser75
    [link] [comments]

    "use volume buttons to adjust.." option gone in Pie.

    Posted: 26 Sep 2018 07:24 PM PDT

    I'm talking about this: https://i.imgur.com/iZD0qGZ.jpg

    old discussion thread.

    I can't find it anymore, and it seems to default to media volume now.

    submitted by /u/fireattack
    [link] [comments]

    Small change, the notification drawer alarm symbol no longer acts as a shortcut to the clock app.

    Posted: 26 Sep 2018 07:14 PM PDT

    This really peeves me, this was something I really liked since my last phone couldn't do this and I thought it was awesome, now it's gone.

    On top of that, the alarm symbol is placed at the top when you pull the notification bar down, so even if you could press it, it is now in a far less accessible position.

    I would not upgrade if I could back in time, so much more wrong UI functionally than Oreo.

    submitted by /u/TheHighestGround
    [link] [comments]

    OnePlus 6 enabling Band 13?

    Posted: 26 Sep 2018 12:47 PM PDT

    Hi Guys, I'm liking my OnePlus 6, however I'm a little disappointed in the lack of support for Band 13 LTE. The reason being is that the hardware itself, the SnapDragon 845 with X20 modem should support it hardware wise, but that it seems like it is disabled somehow via firmware or other software.

    I know there is some success on older SnapDragon phones unlocking certain bands via ADB, at least there's a large thread on XDA dating back to I think 2014. I haven't seen anyone comment yet on either the SD 845 or the OnePlus 6, has anyone heard of any success or potential to unlock the band?

    submitted by /u/Orion9k0
    [link] [comments]

    MMS and Data issues after Android P upgrade?

    Posted: 26 Sep 2018 06:33 PM PDT

    I just got my OTA Android P update this morning and set everything up on wifi. I left to go to work and realized my data, MMS, Internet wasn't working. It stumped me all day. Finally found the issue in my APN settings. I included thisScreenshot and hopefully it helps someone. Note: This is for AT&T or straight talk. Everything data related works. Edited shot

    submitted by /u/KSC65
    [link] [comments]

    Thoughts on the new Open Beta for the OP5?

    Posted: 26 Sep 2018 06:26 PM PDT

    Bank registers OP6 as a "fraud device"

    Posted: 26 Sep 2018 10:48 AM PDT

    Ever since I had a remote session done to fix my OP6, my bank will lock my account after trying to log in and when I call they say it's because my device has been linked to fraudulent accounts. This only started happening after my remote session with a OnePlus rep (at least roughly around that time is when this started). Has anyone else had a similar issue? This concern has honestly made me question OnePlus at this point and their legitimacy.

    submitted by /u/markarth69
    [link] [comments]

    People using VOOC chargers - do they need specific VOOC-compatible cables (like Dash chargers do?)

    Posted: 26 Sep 2018 01:05 PM PDT

    Thinking of getting a VOOC brick (the ak779) but they tend to only come with micro-usb cables. And was also hoping to be able to use a cable longer than what OnePlus officially offers (and cheaper, too).

    I know Dash charger bricks need a compatible cable (which in itself is hard to find in Canada aside from OnePlus themselves) but I remember reading somewhere a while ago the same limitation isn't present for VOOC chargers, as long as you use a high quality cable (of which I have many already).

    Can anyone confirm? Also, between eBay and Ali Express, which tends to yield less crap results? Thanks

    submitted by /u/_Final_Phoenix_
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel