• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Friday, September 28, 2018

    notepad.exe taking up 100% CPU Tech Support

    notepad.exe taking up 100% CPU Tech Support


    notepad.exe taking up 100% CPU

    Posted: 27 Sep 2018 12:09 PM PDT

    I don't know for how long has this been happening but apparently notepad.exe starts running as soon as I open my laptop, and when I try to find it in Task Manager, it automatically removes itself and the CPU drops to 6%. Try closing the task manager and the CPU usage rockets to 100% again, like a game of hide and seek

    Any help is appreciated

    submitted by /u/h2a_23
    [link] [comments]

    can someone tell me which adapter i need to connect my ssd to an computer?

    Posted: 28 Sep 2018 02:11 AM PDT

    https://ibb.co/cxmEhU

    i think its an m key? am i right?

    i cant find a adapter for it.

    i hope someone here could help me!

    submitted by /u/laffa-yett
    [link] [comments]

    FireVault locked me out of a second partition.

    Posted: 28 Sep 2018 03:42 AM PDT

    I updated my Mac to Mojave the other day and it broke one of the applications I need for school. I was researching how to revert it back to High Sierra and couldn't find anything to help (time machine was off). So I created a new partition on the disk and did an internet recovery on that partition. It worked correctly and I eventually got that partition to High Sierra. So now there is a 175 GB Mojave drive and a 75 GB High Sierra drive.

    When I booted High Sierra and logged in, it asked me to turn on Fire Vault, so I did because it was already turned on on the Mojave partition. I was able to successfully switch between partitions and login to both a couple of times but now when I switch to the High Sierra partition, it says the password that I definitely was using was incorrect. I tried to reset the password using my iCloud account but that comes back with something like "This iCloud account can't be used to recover this password". Unfortunately, I cannot just blast that partition away and redo it because the application that I installed on it has an exam that can only be downloaded once. This is a MacBook pro late 2013 model.

    Does anyone have any ideas I could try, or am I just SOL because of the encryption? I have also contacted my professors and tech support accordingly. Sorry if this isn't formatted correctly as I am on mobile.

    submitted by /u/Chico21rico
    [link] [comments]

    Numbers/Letters appearing on window.

    Posted: 28 Sep 2018 03:35 AM PDT

    These appear on my window.

    I inherited it from my predecessor at work, so I don't know what settings or program he used.

    submitted by /u/b_ootay_ful
    [link] [comments]

    How do I find a large moved folder?

    Posted: 28 Sep 2018 03:31 AM PDT

    I thought I deleted it, so I downloaded Recuva and it didn't find it or any of the files in it... so now I am assuming I moved it instead of erased it. is there a log file or something I can look at to determine where it was moved too? Its got all my school work in it. I thought my son deleted it when he ran in and tickle attacked me.

    submitted by /u/RiPeDinPeAcE
    [link] [comments]

    Aux Splitter problems

    Posted: 28 Sep 2018 03:29 AM PDT

    I had this spare home theater system that I frequently used to play music using it's aux output and I decided why not hook it up to my PC since I only had headphones on it. I didn't want any visible cables so I connected it to the back but since I already had headphones connected I decided to use an aux splitter. It was working great until I turned off the speakers to play a game and after awhile I was losing audio from my headphones.

    TL;DR Anyway to use both my headphones and speakers at the same time without audio loss or risk any damage to my sound card?

    Appreciate the help. Thanks guys!

    submitted by /u/EighteenPlus_
    [link] [comments]

    Color setting hard reset

    Posted: 28 Sep 2018 12:28 AM PDT

    Is there a way to reset all windows color settings? I'm at wits end, I had a wallpaper software from Steam that crashed and it accented all my colors with it.. I tried to restore default settings and got frustrated and deleted the software, now my computer is stuck in a crappy irregular colored tint.

    submitted by /u/Freddy_Mass
    [link] [comments]

    HDD vs SSD data reliability

    Posted: 28 Sep 2018 02:14 AM PDT

    I have the same data sitting for 4 months on both a HDD or a SSD, it's important data, which one should i use to get to the cloud..the HDD or SSD copy..which is more reliable in these conditions?

    submitted by /u/RandomHandle31
    [link] [comments]

    SSD Disk clean up = Windows taking 48 GB.

    Posted: 28 Sep 2018 02:10 AM PDT

    Hello r/techsupport

    I´ve been having trouble making enough free space available on the SSD drive on my computer. 128GB(33GB free)

    Windows file as the title mentiones takes 48GB and there is a file called DriverStore>FileRepository which takes 27,7 GB. Is it normal? Can it be shrunk down?

    Thanks for all and any suggestions.

    submitted by /u/KungFuViking7
    [link] [comments]

    RAM Upgrades

    Posted: 27 Sep 2018 11:57 PM PDT

    Model: Lenovo Ideapad 320-15IKB 81BG

    I want to upgrade the current RAM (4GB DDR4, 2133 MHz, CL15, on-board) and add another 4GB, but I'm not sure which one to get. The available ones here are 4GB DDR4, but have 2400 MHz and varying CL from 16 to 17 (I can't find a CL15). Is it okay though if I buy that RAM even if the clock speed and latency are different from the one I have here on-board? What issues are likely to happen?

    EDIT: words

    submitted by /u/PNG-
    [link] [comments]

    CPU usage goes from 50% to a solild 10%

    Posted: 28 Sep 2018 01:35 AM PDT

    Basically whenever I game my usage will go from 50% to 10% causing major fps drops

    I have an AMD 9590 corsair hydro h60 and a 1060 gpu 16 GB of ram

    While researching my problem a lot of the issues say its from overheating but I have coretemp downloaded and the hottest my cpu gets is 65 C

    I did also think this was due to my power supply being that it was only 500w and my wattage output for everything was around 480 and I bought a 700 W 80+ Gold power supply

    if anyone has any idea what may be causing this a comment would be most appreciated thank you!

    submitted by /u/SmallBoto
    [link] [comments]

    My laptop is capable of DOSing wifi networks

    Posted: 28 Sep 2018 12:26 AM PDT

    This is one of the strangest issues I have encountered, I recently got a new Thinkpad L380 Yoga and I'm really enjoying a lot of things about it. What I'm not enjoying is it DOSing routers when it starts to use large amounts of bandwidth. To be clear, when I start downloading something large on my laptop, it has been causing the router it is connected to to go unresponsive to any connection and it must be rebooted. No 2.4/5Ghz or Ethernet connections can even reach the router's admin portal. This has happened on two ASUS routers (RT56U and AC66U), the Arris Xfinity all in one thing, and most recently I accidentally took down my school's network today. I have no idea how any of this is possible but I am certain it is my laptop. It has an Intel AC 8265 card, which I do see people having this same issue, but the only solution I can find is using a different WiFi card which is just ridiculous. If anyone has any tips it would be greatly appreciated, I'm going to have to send the laptop back if it keeps doing this.

    quick edit: I have been using my phone's WiFi sharing feature as a workaround as it doesn't crash the network that way, but ping time and bandwidth is affected and it just is a bit of a pain to setup whenever I want to use my laptop.

    submitted by /u/GarryLumpkins
    [link] [comments]

    How can I add a night mode widget somewhere on the desktop or a tile in the start menu in windows 10?

    Posted: 28 Sep 2018 12:17 AM PDT

    I just want a quick ON/OFF switch, no schedule or anything like this.

    submitted by /u/Lvnatic92
    [link] [comments]

    Building a new pc, will i have to buy windows again

    Posted: 28 Sep 2018 12:10 AM PDT

    Okay, so I have a laptop which i have a had for a few years, and through those years id say i have reset it or fucked up windows a fair share of times so i know my way around reinstalling windows.

    But in just a few days I'm gonna build myself a desktop pc and started wondering, will I be able to just go on my laptop, create a bootable USB drive and install Windows 10 on my new PC? or am I going to have to purchase an entirely new copy of windows?

    submitted by /u/name-exe_failed
    [link] [comments]

    What could have caused the clicking of the hard drive?

    Posted: 28 Sep 2018 03:47 AM PDT

    So I know that clicking noise means that my hard drive is dying, but what could have caused it?

    Was that my fault?

    I recently got my hard drive replaced and I'm worried that if it dies again they will accuse me of this problem.

    The note is a HP. It's still under warranty.

    submitted by /u/SacrificialAngel
    [link] [comments]

    Error message: "Unable to install HP LaserJet 5M, Type 3 - User Mode, x64 Driver" How to resolve?

    Posted: 28 Sep 2018 03:45 AM PDT

    Printer is connected via Ethernet.

    Fresh install of Windows 10. I know x64 drivers exist because I used this exact computer and printer with Windows 7.

    Attempted with the .cab files from the Windows Update catalog and by manually using Windows Update. Both result in the same problem.

    No, I'm not buying a new printer.

    submitted by /u/Pele2048
    [link] [comments]

    Low FPS in World of Warcraft

    Posted: 27 Sep 2018 11:56 PM PDT

    I have contacted blizzards support team multiple times about this problem and nothing has helped my fps out. I have tried removing certain programs, repairing the game, enabling windows ultimate power performance, and a lot of other stuff. The main problem I'm having is that when raiding(A group of 20-30 people killings bosses with mechanics) my game is mostly around 30 fps with the lowest settings, which is quite low compared to the specs of my pc and what other people get in the raid. This might just be really bad optimization by blizzard, but some of my friends with worse spec'ed pc's run the raid smoothly with 60 fps+ with high settings. I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask for help but it is really getting annoying that i can't enjoy a core element of the game :( Thanks for the help ;D

    PC Specs: Intel Core i7 4790 @ 3.6 GHz

    8GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 800MHz

    MSI B85M-E45 (MS-7817) (SOCKET 0)

    4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 (EVGA)

    931GB Seagate ST1000DX001-1CM162 (SATA)

    232GB Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250GB (SSD)

    submitted by /u/flymardones
    [link] [comments]

    Survey Monkey PDF

    Posted: 27 Sep 2018 11:56 PM PDT

    Every time I try to export results for a ranking survey on PDF, the last collumn gets cut off, which is "score". Is there anyway to change the margines? I've tried every layout. Landscape works but then the table gets akwardly cut onto the next page. Thanks.

    submitted by /u/LuckyKidA
    [link] [comments]

    Headphone jack on case only playing sound out of one ear

    Posted: 28 Sep 2018 03:28 AM PDT

    So I accidentally yanked my headphones while they were plugged in and now sound comes out through only on ear :/

    I tried other headphones and same thing so it's definitely a problem with my case which is a NZXT S340 Elite in my case (pun intended). I also checked my balance settings so it's not a software issue either. Any idea what I should check and alter?

    submitted by /u/greenpumpkin812
    [link] [comments]

    Remote access

    Posted: 28 Sep 2018 03:16 AM PDT

    Hi guys.

    I've got a problem. I need to find a way to use the perks/permissions of another PC in my local network from my own PC without disrupting the user, meaning no TeamViewer and such.

    Context: At my office, my colleague's PC is the only one configured to use the fiscal printer. Often when I have to print out some bills, I can't because he's working on some documents and so on. I'm wasting to much time waiting for him to finish his work just to print out a couple bills. And no, switching PCs is not an option.

    Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/doeone
    [link] [comments]

    nintendo network issues

    Posted: 28 Sep 2018 02:57 AM PDT

    I know this is a long shot, but ive tried everything else. Ive tried almost everything under the sun ti get my wii to connect to the internet but its having none of it. Ive tried: -wireless connection (auto)- wont find network -wireless connection (manual)-wont find network: 51031 -wired connection both usb ports- error 51420 or 51422 depending on which connection option i pick (1 or 3) -ive tried re-booting the router, the console, both.

    the lan adapter im using isnt a nintendo one because they cost as much as two consoles. the nintendo error code look up doesnt exist for the wii anymore which is why im here. any suggestions appreciated

    submitted by /u/AntsInMyEyesJohnson7
    [link] [comments]

    Pc running really slow and with extreme stuttering

    Posted: 27 Sep 2018 06:10 PM PDT

    Recently my PC has been having some issues that I think are related to my disk dying. Issues like google chrome taking forever to load a simple page, explorer taking a lot of time just to open a folder and really any task takes forever to do and It's nearly impossible to use anything.

    I ran a HDtune test and I got 1 damaged block (square in red)

    Are there any options for me to save the disk? It's only 3 years old

    Thanks in advance

    submitted by /u/skarmen23
    [link] [comments]

    Buying and testing used PC

    Posted: 28 Sep 2018 02:53 AM PDT

    Soo... first of all, i apologize for my crappy english. It's not my native language.

    Well, im about to buy used PC. It's not too old (9 months) and costs almost 1000 euros (bit less than that). But of course, i need to test it. I already know i will use memtest to test RAM. But i really need help from you guys about the rest of the components. Can you please tell what to use to stress test the CPU, GPU etc ? Something that is good, easy to install and setup. I really don't want to buy anything broken. Thank you :)

    submitted by /u/PRC_HR
    [link] [comments]

    How to prevent Google from automatically changing location and language

    Posted: 28 Sep 2018 02:44 AM PDT

    I travel a lot for work. And so does my google, super frustrating searching in danish or Portuguese.

    Any way to stopping this

    submitted by /u/bikies
    [link] [comments]

    Momentary display lag when gaming, using Firefox, etc.

    Posted: 27 Sep 2018 10:51 PM PDT

    So recently I've been getting some momentary framerate/display type lag. It happens when I'm gaming, using Firefox, basically doing anything no matter the load. It's that kind of lag that freezes the screen for just a moment or two, then everything seems to suddenly appear like it should. This happens in everything from League of Legends to Battlefield 1 to just normal browsing.

    My build is:

    GTX 1080ti, not overclocked

    7700k, also not overclocked

    2x 8GB 3000MHz Corsair RAM

    2x 2TB Seagate 5400 RPM HDD

    Corsair 600W Gold PSU

    500 GB Samsung 960 EVO NVMe M.2 SSD edit; this is what Windows and a majority of my applications are installed on

    All my temperatures are good, roughly 30 to 40 C idle and max of 90C at 100%. I've run HDD Sentinel, which came back clean, Disk Defragmentation, which also came back clean, and Malwarebytes. I've got the latest drivers installed nothing seems to be sucking up memory or other resources, and I'm pretty sure I haven't installed anything sketchy lately. Online it says this could be a power supply issue, since I'm cutting it kinda close, but I haven't changed anything recently that would increase power usage and this was never a problem before. I also haven't noticed any weird graphical issues in game, so I don't think it's my graphics card dying.

    Any ideas? Thanks for the help

    submitted by /u/Merppity
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel