• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Sunday, September 23, 2018

    How are you doing dark mode/night theme in 2018? Android Dev

    How are you doing dark mode/night theme in 2018? Android Dev


    How are you doing dark mode/night theme in 2018?

    Posted: 23 Sep 2018 06:36 AM PDT

    More and more apps are implementing it. As with transitions, there are MANY ways to implement dark mode on Android. You can use:

    So, how are you doing it (or consider the best way)? I really wish to see more apps implementing something like the Telegram X and Twitter, a switch to switch it all without reloading the activity or anything.

    submitted by /u/bernaferrari
    [link] [comments]

    Fake ratings

    Posted: 23 Sep 2018 11:35 AM PDT

    Fake ratings

    A competitor to my app appeared recently, and it has lots and lots of comments that seem very fake to me.

    How can't Google detect this? We read here all the stories of wrong punishments by Google and then we have to compete with scammers like these... =(

    Look at the reviews! Not only generic, but some of them talking about features the app don't have (like cell towers). All the same day, with name so fake.

    Fake reviews

    submitted by /u/niqueco
    [link] [comments]

    I reinvented a reminders app [talk slides]

    Posted: 23 Sep 2018 07:51 AM PDT

    The slides from my yesterday talk, translated into English and edited to not require my narration.

    👉 https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1CNxktZR-7wgmLB2cQ0oXT3yRcAE1dleEWxenA7DJPQs

    Mildly self-promotional :) but hopefully also inspirational. Even in the most saturated of categories there's still space for thinking out of the box and doing things differently. My message is that you don't necessarily need sophisticated technology such as AI to create something new and useful — sometimes pure simplicity wins over.

    I'm planning to post that eventually as separate Medium articles: design case study, engineering case study, and marketing case study, in more details. I'm also planning to open source some pieces later, such as this satisfying text animation effect. And, of course, I'll be releasing the app itself this week (Tue or Wed hopefully).

    submitted by /u/Actine
    [link] [comments]

    Shaping views in Android

    Posted: 23 Sep 2018 08:23 AM PDT

    Android Studio in Cloud

    Posted: 23 Sep 2018 10:17 AM PDT

    Hi guys,

    I'm learning Android but my PC is under the minimal requirements. I need to run Android studio in Cloud.

    Can someone help me?

    submitted by /u/DrakeAusir
    [link] [comments]

    Is there an good example of MVVM architecture which uses Rxjava in view layer instead of LiveData?

    Posted: 23 Sep 2018 09:53 AM PDT

    Resources to learn more about Android Internals.

    Posted: 22 Sep 2018 11:07 PM PDT

    I found this [talk](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-36noTCaiA&index=68&list=WL&t=140s) really interesting. Are there any book/blog/articles which tells more about these internals?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/archie94
    [link] [comments]

    Scheduling Tasks with WorkManager in Android

    Posted: 23 Sep 2018 10:14 AM PDT

    What would you recommend learning next?

    Posted: 23 Sep 2018 03:52 PM PDT

    So I have just released my first app on the Play Store! I developed it using Cordova as I had initially intended to release it on both Android and iOS as well as only really have web development experience in the past... I don't expect it to get many installs as I have zero budget for advertising/promotion as well as the fact it is my very first app.

    Anyway I really enjoyed working on it regardless and want to keep developing so my question is, what would you recommend I learn next in terms of platform? Unity? Android Studio/Java? Kotlin?

    My first app was a game (basic as written purely in JS) but I was wondering what sort of app you think is hardest to build traction for, utility apps or games? As this would likely have an impact on what I learn next.

    submitted by /u/CMIND-APP
    [link] [comments]

    Unity Editor Tool Tips, Headings and Clamping Ranges

    Posted: 23 Sep 2018 01:32 AM PDT

    Are games saved to SD card locked to device or account?

    Posted: 23 Sep 2018 04:24 AM PDT

    Let's say I buy a game from the Play Store, and it lets me copy the game to SD card. If I then put that SD card into another phone, and assuming I'm still logged into the same account used to purchase the game, will the game run as normal?

    submitted by /u/bc_uk
    [link] [comments]

    Sending Room DB data to the server via REST API

    Posted: 22 Sep 2018 08:18 PM PDT

    What can be the best approach to send the room db data from app to the server using the REST API?

    submitted by /u/aevin95
    [link] [comments]

    Is it a good idea to send a broadcast to tell activity that the data is updated?

    Posted: 22 Sep 2018 11:14 PM PDT

    Okay, so i am creating an app in which i want to fetch the JSONResponse from REST API and store it in a JSON file when user perform certain event. I now need to load this data from a file onto a UI. i want to ask for a suggestion that is it a great idea to update the UI via sending a Localbroadcast to notify UI to update the data or there is better way to doing so performance wise and interms of robustness?

    submitted by /u/jd9440
    [link] [comments]

    Android Studio / Save changes on closing app

    Posted: 23 Sep 2018 08:04 AM PDT

    I'm making an app in Android Studio. By default, the button is set as Disabled in second class. I wanted to setEnabled this button after passing from first class to second class.


    The solution turned out use intent putExtra method. But what I should do now to autosave this changes after closing app? :)

    submitted by /u/kozaczenko
    [link] [comments]

    Android Studio / .setEnabled on Button from another Activity

    Posted: 23 Sep 2018 01:25 AM PDT

    I'm making an app in Android Studio. By default, the button is set as Disabled in second class. How to setEnabled this button after passing from first class to second class? :)

    submitted by /u/kozaczenko
    [link] [comments]

    Ways of using Paging library + Navigation component in a clean architecture app

    Posted: 22 Sep 2018 09:37 PM PDT

    I making an app in Android Studio. What I should to do to automatically save all my progress after leaving it (exit from app) ?? :)

    Posted: 23 Sep 2018 06:48 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel