• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Sunday, September 30, 2018

    Have I been "banned" from the internet? Tech Support

    Have I been "banned" from the internet? Tech Support


    Have I been "banned" from the internet?

    Posted: 29 Sep 2018 03:08 PM PDT

    Hi,

    I'm on Windows 7 64-bit, Firefox 61.0.2. About 2 weeks ago I realised that for the last 3 months nobody has been responding to any of my comments or forum posts over most of the websites I use (pcgamer, eurogamer, youtube + other sites/forums, maybe even reddit!). I just thought everything was quiet. After doing some investigating I found that none of my comments were visible to anyone, even invisible to myself when logged out of the various different accounts or in a private browser.

    I tried about 6 different browsers (older Firefox, chrome, IE, Yandex, Vivaldi) and none of them solved the issue (even after reinstalling and clearing all the browser data from the C drive. I tried creating new accounts on the websites but still the issue persists. I even tried a virtual machine with linux and still I was not able to post any comments/posts. I suspected the problem may be due to my router so I reset it to factory settings but still the problem persists. I have tried everything but simply cannot find a solution to this. I really feel like I have been banned from the internet. Can your IP be put on some kind of a blacklist that blocks you from posting on certain websites? I never posted anything derogatory/offensive.

    Any help on this would be much appreciated.

    submitted by /u/darkbluetwilight
    [link] [comments]

    Old hdd turning on time effects ssd response?

    Posted: 30 Sep 2018 03:08 AM PDT

    I got an old hdd where i store movies - it takes a few seconds for it to start spinning - but the weird part is sometimes i open a program that is stored on my ssd (win also on ssd) and i can hear that hdd starts working and only after it started running the program will open... i got nothing related to that program (or any program/windows for that matter) on the hdd and i made sure i got no virtual memory or something stored on that hdd so why does it happened?

    im running win10 64bit...

    submitted by /u/liadanaf
    [link] [comments]

    Ps4/Windows hard drive partition

    Posted: 30 Sep 2018 01:34 AM PDT

    Long story short I wanna use a 2tb external hard drive for both my ps4 and a pc. It needs to be formatted for the specific device. Can I divide (partition?) it somehow so I can use it for both at the same time?

    submitted by /u/ardieehch
    [link] [comments]

    Can my computer run this monitor?

    Posted: 30 Sep 2018 02:55 AM PDT

    i dont know much about this but im thinking of getting an asus pg278q with 144hz and 1440p. Wondering if my computer with a gtx 770 and intel i7 3820 can use it? Not running very high demanding games, but if not, what should be a minimum upgrade? Thanks.

    submitted by /u/lilmambo
    [link] [comments]

    CPU Upgrade. Should I keep a LGA 1150?

    Posted: 30 Sep 2018 03:39 AM PDT

    Hello guys.

    I´m wondering about what can I attach to this rig without upgrading my MB if not necessary.

    I have a 1150 motherboard with an I5-4440 with a 1050TI GTX and games like Planet Coaster drain my CPU. (I don´t want my games to run in Ultra, but smoothly at least)

    Ideally I'd like to throw about 250$ in it but I can only see a couple I5s better than what I already have. So maybe I can't be so cheap in this move.

    From what I see, a compatible I7 would be around the same price as a new motherboard (1151?) and a last gen CPU.

    submitted by /u/Yololio69
    [link] [comments]

    ethernet jack problem

    Posted: 30 Sep 2018 02:51 AM PDT

    hi, i stopped using wireless internet because my router is too far away, and i had some net problems,i have a 200mbs download and upload service,and with the wireless i only got about 2mbs download upload, i tested a wired ethernet connection to the router and got a 200mbs speed, but i was using a 25meters cable just for testing and cant left it there, so i tried to connect to a ethernet jack, at first it wasnt working but i changed some wires in the panel under the router and after a couple tries i got the ethernet jack to work and plugged it in the computer, but when i tested the speed i only got 1,5mb download and upload, worst than the wirless connection, i wanted to know if anyone know a way to get near to the speed that im paying and what the problem could be

    submitted by /u/redspawn666
    [link] [comments]

    Install Windows 10 on a USB HDD for use with BIOS PC - possible?

    Posted: 30 Sep 2018 02:16 AM PDT

    This laptop I have only supports Legacy mode (it's kinda old). When I boot from a properly-flashed-for-use-with-BIOS installation stick, Windows tells me it can't be installed on a USB-connected drive because "the machine doesn't support it".

    Is there a workaround for this, or is this the end?

    (if that matters, the HDD is a 3.5'' internal hard drive with an IDE-USB thingamabob attached)

    submitted by /u/stevenwhatever
    [link] [comments]

    Help with Admin Account Problem

    Posted: 30 Sep 2018 01:54 AM PDT

    I don't know if this is the best place to post this but, I have a laptop and my brother just made an account on it for me before he left, but he forgot to make it admin, so now I'm logged into my account wanting to install a game, but I can't due to there being a password restriction, is there anyway I can set myself as admin without his password?

    submitted by /u/SquirrelAydz
    [link] [comments]

    I was connected to my student's (tutoring) printer, how do I make sure that I didn't print something VERY INAPPROPRIATE from home.

    Posted: 30 Sep 2018 01:50 AM PDT

    I have a macbook and their printer was basically this https://www.ebay.ie/itm/Canon-PIXMA-MG7720-Wireless-Inkjet-All-in-One-Printer-Copier-Scanner-/182586508358

    I was on reddit and I saw that I was starting to print out a page I was on and I hit "x". I went to the "printers and scanners" part of my laptop to remove their printer. It said that it was in the process of printing something and that removing a printer would cancel the printing job. SO WHAT ARE THE ODDS THAT I PRINTED OUT THE PAGE ON THEIR PRINTER. I live about 15 minutes away in walking distance...

    submitted by /u/trippiegreens
    [link] [comments]

    Big Bluebar on notebook screen

    Posted: 30 Sep 2018 01:31 AM PDT

    hello reddit techsupport!

    Since yesterday evening I have a big horizontal blue bar that starts over my taskbar and takes up to 1/3 of my screen (check out the link below). Its just in the background so I can still use this portion of the screen.

    https://imgur.com/a/TYUiCO1

    What I already tried:

    - plugged in external screen to see if its also there => yes it is

    - system restore to 1 week back => still same problem

    If im not completely crazy, since yesterday the blue bar has gotten 1 stage higher in the screen.

    Can someone please help me out :/ ?

    Installed the newest driver for my graphics card.

    PS: how can I include a picture to this reddit post? I somehow cant see the option.

    submitted by /u/Rayd3x
    [link] [comments]

    Hardware question: My PSU has a 4 pin cpu connector while my cpu motherboard has an 8 pin connector. What do I do?

    Posted: 30 Sep 2018 01:31 AM PDT

    The psu in question is a Xigmatek NRP MC751 700w power supply. Do i just purchase an adapter or what? Motherboard in question is a MSI Z370 a pro

    Additional info: PSU is modular and has a 8 pin 12v port in the back. Is that the one i'm looking for?

    submitted by /u/bumbumsprinkles
    [link] [comments]

    Pc turns on but no connection to screen

    Posted: 30 Sep 2018 01:21 AM PDT

    When I turn my pc on the screen stays black. I've tried a 2 different screens, 2 with dvi and 1 with hdmi and still no signal. Originally when I would take out the dvi and plug it back in or turn the screen on and off, it would turn on like normal and could see my desktop for a few seconds before it would turn back off, now it won't even do that... please help

    submitted by /u/CleanseTheEvil
    [link] [comments]

    How do I rename folders with \ in their names?

    Posted: 30 Sep 2018 01:20 AM PDT

    I have an ext4 HDD that was originally a Linux install but bricked itself due to a faulty video driver update. I am trying to recover data from it using Windows 10, but a major folder is called \home\ with similarly named subfolders and windows refuses to access them. Neither Windows Explorer nor WinRar can read or rename them. How do I fix this?

    submitted by /u/NimbleJack3
    [link] [comments]

    University download speed is so god damn slow, any way to improve it? Fifa is downloading at 0.01MBs and will take 60 hours, yet my speed test on my phone is much quicker

    Posted: 29 Sep 2018 05:08 AM PDT

    Hi I don't think my download should be this slow, I'm on 33% and it's been downloading all day, what do I do? It's going at 0.01 MBs yet on my phone the speed test goes at 30MB per second??

    submitted by /u/clear_list
    [link] [comments]

    Fluctuating fan speed / high overall fan speed on new HP Envy x360 convertible

    Posted: 30 Sep 2018 01:09 AM PDT

    Hi all, I bought this new 2-in-1 convertible yesterday and I'm having trouble with the fan noise. I got the AMD Ryzen 3 variant, and while I don't doubt the performance, I am concerned about the fan noise. Firstly, the laptop runs idle at between 45 and 50 degrees Celsius (113-122 degrees Fahrenheit), which I find worrying considering the laptop I used before usually idled at around 30 degrees (86 Fahrenheit). When web browsing, the laptop usually runs up to 55 degrees max, when I'm watching a YouTube video. No matter if it's idling or web browsing, the fan has a tendency to make considerable noise, probably to keep the CPU cool, even though I'm not doing anything intensive. I'm using the HP CoolSense Technology that automatically sets the fan speed, yet when I check my task manager to confirm I'm running at an average of 15% CPU and 40% memory, the fan can still get loud. I strongly suspect that this is taking a toll on my battery life too, as I am losing around 15% per hour, even with the Windows battery life slider towards the battery over performance. I have already confirmed that I have the latest BIOS installed and I've taken some steps to remove the HP pre-installed spam that might have somewhat affected me, but I still struggle with the noise even when I'm doing very light tasks, such as simply changing the Windows settings. Please let me know if there's any advice you have for me.

    submitted by /u/bunnytickles
    [link] [comments]

    Is my hard drive done for?

    Posted: 30 Sep 2018 01:03 AM PDT

    I recently have been having issues with my hdd and after trying so many different things I think my hard drive must just be at the end of it's life time. It started with my computer telling me that the recycle bin on the HDD is corrupted followed by me losing all of the permissions of the HDD. I can still use and change the files on the drive but I cannot download or copy files into it. I am also unable to give myself permissions back. After hours of talking with customer support and others on this subreddit I think the drive is just done for. If anyone had any last ditch ideas before I go and buy a new drive I would greatly appreciate the help.

    TLDR: I think my hard drive is dying and I was wondering if anyone has any ideas why before I just buy a new one.

    submitted by /u/stormside78
    [link] [comments]

    Applications only running on iGPU.

    Posted: 29 Sep 2018 10:15 PM PDT

    I'm trying to get applications to use my 960M over my iGPU. I've tried messing with every setting I'm aware of that would have an effect on this issue. I've played around with my drivers, set global application preference to my GTX 960M card in the NVIDIA control panel, set individual app preferences to the card, etcetera. But for whatever reason applications are only processing graphics on my HD 520 on my 6700HQ. Does anyone have any possible solutions for this? All of my games are running super slow, even games like Minecraft.

    submitted by /u/mapplemobs
    [link] [comments]

    Windows 10 Microsoft account confusion

    Posted: 30 Sep 2018 03:48 AM PDT

    So I recently reinstalled windows 10 after I ran into some issues with it not booting however in the process of setting everything my passwords got messed up. I don't know if this is how it is meant to work but I was logged into my microsoft account but using a different password I can't seem to replicate that but I want to try and go back to that as I preferred that password for windows logins while also having the ability to sync settings, any ideas?

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/ProtoHawk
    [link] [comments]

    laubeyrietechnology.com browser hijack (Adware/Malware)

    Posted: 29 Sep 2018 09:49 PM PDT

    Recently, ive been getting ads (search engine ads) on chrome even with adblocker, what this adware/malware is, is it redirects me to this website called laubeyrietechnology.com then to the website.

    I've read the thread for malware and have ran the programmes suggested (malwarebytes, adware, hitmanpro etc), reset my settings in chrome, uninstalled suspicious applications, disabled my extensions, but the ad is still there.

    Any suggestions? Thanks

    https://i.imgur.com/6Du8gix.png

    submitted by /u/Kawaii_i
    [link] [comments]

    Removed faulty GPU, now can't get video from motherboard.

    Posted: 30 Sep 2018 12:01 AM PDT

    So my brand new 1080ti started having flashing lines across the screen, artifacting, lagging, etc. I was getting around 5-10fps in the new Tomb Raider. Clearly it's busted, so I'm going to RMA.

    Now I'm trying to use the Mobo for video while that's happening and I'm getting nowhere. Can't get a signal from HDMI or Display ports.

    Mobo is Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 5. Rest of the machine specs can be seen listed at twitch.tv/baronredcap. I really tried to build this amazing computer and I've had nothing but issues with it.

    Hoping one of you can tell me how to get video for the two weeks I'm missing my Mobo due to the RMA process from ASUS. Thanks.

    submitted by /u/HerrSwags
    [link] [comments]

    Losing disk space

    Posted: 29 Sep 2018 11:44 PM PDT

    I have an SSD that I have used for a few years. It is a Samsung 850 evo 1 TB. It started out with 970+ GB unallocated space when I installed windows.

    Fast forward a couple years, I am upgrading and giving the computer to my parents, so I erased everything and reinstalled windows. However, during reinstallation I noticed my total unallocated space was only 931.4 GB. What is going on? Where is the extra 40 GB? I defragged and repartitioned the disk so I should get all 970 GB back right?

    submitted by /u/yolo1234123
    [link] [comments]

    Installing SSD into Lenovo Laptop, one screw is stripped? help.

    Posted: 30 Sep 2018 03:25 AM PDT

    Want to install an SSD into my Lenovo Laptop, because my 5400rpm is getting slower and slower on windows 10, i opened it up, i unscrewed the 2 screws on the hard drive bracket, but the last screw is stripped so i cannot get it out, Help? it's kinda small i think.

    model : lenovo yoga 500 14 - ihw

    submitted by /u/spyroz541
    [link] [comments]

    I have a problem with Nvidia SLI

    Posted: 29 Sep 2018 09:18 PM PDT

    Hardware Motherboard : Sabertooth 990FX Ram Ripjaws 4 GB x 2 CPU AMD 8150 Power Supply Corsair CXM 750M

    GPU

    Nvidia GTX 950 PNY x 2

    I've checked and confirmed that both slots are working and that both cards are working by testing each one out. Whenever I add the SLI the fan for the bottom ones fans stop running. In the Nvidia control panel it doesn't show and option for SLI where it should be. Any help would be appreciated.

    submitted by /u/Leoleikiml
    [link] [comments]

    Auto sync folder between 2 android devices and windows 8.1

    Posted: 30 Sep 2018 03:09 AM PDT

    Obviously Dropbox, right? G-drive. onedrive.

    What I'm looking for are these functions:

    1. Media (music) player to look in one folder (called sync-folder) for all my music (this is the same across all devices) - preferably different media players for different devices (black player for android, TBC for windows)
    2. Files in aforementioned sync-folder should be automatically synced when I run a command or the devices are connected to the internet
    3. If I add/delete a file from my android phone in the sync folder, the next time it syncs, said added/deleted file should be added/deleted from all other sync-folders in all other devices
    4. A copy of each file should be kept offline in each sync folder in each device.

    So I'm listening to Coldplay on my phone through the music player but I decide it's shite and I delete the file. Phone isn't connected to the internet 'cause I'm too cheap to pay for data. Next time I walk into starbucks, the phone/program should be sending some delete command to my network via cloud or whatever relevant service it is, and my computer, when I turn it on when I get back, should delete said file from its sync-folder as well (either automatically or when I run a sync command/program)

    Can anyone point me to a program/method that will achieve this?

    Most solutions I've found rely on one server serving client devices, so I gather I can't delete files from client device and expect server to delete said file. It also relies on server being online.

    submitted by /u/camoPen
    [link] [comments]

    Asus p6t posts then is stuck at blinking cursor

    Posted: 30 Sep 2018 03:05 AM PDT

    I updated the bios on my asus p6t to the newest from asus website. After posting it gets stuck at blinking cursor on a blank screen. It won't boot from ssd or USB. Same results on i7 920 and x5660. Any help is appreciated. Just tried to boot on the second latest bios same issue.

    submitted by /u/monstane
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel