• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Saturday, September 29, 2018

    GTX 1080 Ti dropping to sub 40 fps all games. Tech Support

    GTX 1080 Ti dropping to sub 40 fps all games. Tech Support


    GTX 1080 Ti dropping to sub 40 fps all games.

    Posted: 28 Sep 2018 05:14 PM PDT

    I'll try to keep it short and to the point.

    ASUS Prime Z370-P
    Intel i7-8700k @ 4.7 GHz
    G.Skill AEGIS 16GB @ 4000MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 1080 Ti Xtreme Edition
    Corsair RM650x
    1080p 144hz G-Sync Display (AOC G2460PG)

    • Reinstalled drivers via DDU (and later a windows reinstall just to rule it out)
    • Temps for GPU never above 65
    • Temps for CPU never above 70
    • GPU shows 95-100% utilization during gaming
    • CPU stays around 25-30% mostly, with some cores jumping into 60-70% once in a while
    • Clock speed never drops below the "normal"

    Effect: Start up a game, any demanding game i've tried so far (Let's say The Witcher 3, since ive tried that a few times now) and the FPS is normal, what you'd expect for a 1080 Ti. Then over the course of a minute or two, it drops to 60 FPS, then down to 30. This is assuming graphics are on "High" preset. Changing to the low preset makes the graphics drop down to around 36-38. This new "performance" persists until the computer is restarted. It persists through to other games too, including GTAV, Shadow of War, Monster Hunter World. It doesn't matter what game I start with, the fps drop seems inevitable, though the more demanding the game, the sooner it seems to happen.

    Funnily, league of legends runs like it's the happiest game in the world and has no problems.

    I am at my wits end, not sure what the heck im dealing with here. Any ideas?

    Here is a User Benchmark report after request: www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/11144580

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/Kawdie
    [link] [comments]

    Malware/Adware on Galaxy S8

    Posted: 29 Sep 2018 02:38 AM PDT

    Hey guys. I've recently got a problem where if I use Google or watch a YT video, a pop up occurs saying "YOU HAVE WON AN IPHONE X" and random dating sites all that typical adware junk. It takes me to the play store for a crappy app advertisement. It's really annoying and I've tried everything that helped people online such as clearing cache on certain apps and that stuff.

    What I think might have caused this was an APK file I installed yesterday (that appeared on My Files that I deleted) or the fact I went on a dodgy guide website with loads of popups (I might have clicked on yes to notifications, I don't remember) that started it all.

    I'd rather not reset my phone, what can I do?

    Edit: installed and ran Malwarebytes from Play Store. All malware now removed.

    submitted by /u/wyz3r
    [link] [comments]

    Another Netlix 4k help me post

    Posted: 28 Sep 2018 03:26 PM PDT

    I've searched high and low on other sites and here, looking for some help on getting 4k Netflix to work on my PC. Still won't work.

    I have: -4K netflix account -100 Mbps internet (above the recommended 25) - 4k monitor(lg 31um97) -GPU GTX 1080 -CPU i7 2600K (I've read this doesn't matter as I have a GTX 1080 GPU) -HVEC codec installed from Microsoft store -Netflix desktop app (still 1080p) -Microsoft Edge browser (still 1080p)

    I have my 4k monitor hooked up to the 1080 via DP cable.

    Do I need to try a fancy HDMI cable? All mine are cheap ones from amazon. I recall when I first go the monitor not being able to run my 4k monitor via HDMI buit the DP cable worked right away, so I've stuck with that.

    Any thoughts? Thanks!

    EDIT: Think I found answer from this quote in the comments on a Massdrop for the monitor:

    "No HDMI 2.0 means no HDMI 4k 60hz it ALSO means no HDCP 2.2 which is REQUIRED DRM for UHD streaming. In other words you cant even stream 4k netflix or amazon to this monitor simply because it doesnt have the proper hardware DRM. and since no UHD bluray player exists for PCs yet you can't even watch a UHD bluray, unless it's been ripped using a UHD capture card and a $400+ UHD blurayplayer and a separate 4k TV. Basically, 4k is in its infancy and this monitor is simply too old to be useful for the majority of 4k content outside of actual content creators who don't need to worry about DRM"

    submitted by /u/TheDrinkerOfInfinity
    [link] [comments]

    Upgrading macbook pro

    Posted: 29 Sep 2018 03:33 AM PDT

    Macbook pro 15 retina 2.2 16gb mid 2014 Model. A1398

    Hey guys, I need as much help as possible. I have this mac and a few days ago the stock HD decided to die. It's (was) a Samsung 256gb.

    I'd like to upgrade and go with an ssd, but I red online that this mac could have problems. Could you give me a hand?

    Atm I think I'll buy a Samsung 970pro 512gb, but the sintech adaptor suggested, is not available. I need another plan.

    Do you have any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/kvonos
    [link] [comments]

    Possible issues with computer hard drive

    Posted: 29 Sep 2018 03:27 AM PDT

    A while ago, my computer started to slow down all the time. Every time I played a game, it would barely cooperate and even if I was just using google, the cursor would occasionally lag across the screen. I tried every test I could find online. I tested my RAM, graphics card, cpu, motherboard and I scanned multiple times with multiple programs for viruses and they found nothing. Everything I did had no effect. My computer crashed multiple times and the error code it gave me was, I think, "Memory_Management". I would also occasionally get an error while using my computer. It would usually say "The instruction at 0x0000... referenced bad memory at 0x0000...". So I decided that I would just save my data, format my hard drive and reinstall windows to see if that would solve the problem. Once I installed windows 8 so I could update it to get back to windows 10, my computer started to constantly crash. I can barely use my computer for 10 seconds before it crashes. But each time it crashes, it has different error codes. All my data is backed up so I don't have to worry about losing anything.

    Some of the error codes were as follows (allow room for error as I am typing these codes from memory):

    BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO

    DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

    KERNEEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE

    CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION

    ATTEMPTED_SWITCHED_FROM_DPC

    There were some more but I cant remember them.

    Then, after a bunch of research, I found something about failing hard drives that can corrupt system files. They said that over time, hard drives can fail and mess up your computer and I realised that my hard drive is quite old and a lot of the issues I have are issues that can happen with a failing hard drive. I even remember a handful of times where I heard loud clicking from my computer but this wasn't constant so I just restarted my computer and it went away. So my question is:

    Before I spend all my money on buying a new hard drive, is there a way to know for sure that the hard drive is the problem

    submitted by /u/Jay_ThePeanut
    [link] [comments]

    C drive says I have 55.6 GB free of 236 GB, but when I select all files (including hidden) and view properties, it says the size is only 117 GB. Where is that other 70 GB?

    Posted: 28 Sep 2018 05:06 AM PDT

    I've been trying to figure out what is happening to the space on my hdd as it seems to be vanishing. I don't know what is going on.

    I'm running Win 10 pro, and the C drive is an ssd. I've been running a lot of Blender and UE4 projects from this disk for a few months, could I somehow be killing sections of the HDD and they are just being cut off?

    edit: Thank you for so many helpful answers, sorry it took so long to mark it as solved. Everyone had helpful information, and my hdd was kind of a mess all over the place lol.

    submitted by /u/Montzterrr
    [link] [comments]

    Antivirus programs cant stop coinminer malware

    Posted: 29 Sep 2018 02:38 AM PDT

    eset nod32 detected coinminer on my pc,i performed a scan,quarantined the malware and deleted it.Minutes later the malware reappeared on my system so i tried dowloading malwarebytes and it didnt work either.I've got 2 antivirus programs (eset nod32 and malwarebytes) that are fully updated on my pc and the coinminer malware still dosent give up.So i tried following the pined guide on this subreddit (i enabled rootkits on malwarebytes and scaned and it still didnt detect anything).What should i do? Maybe try to download another antivirus?

    submitted by /u/BoxAFox
    [link] [comments]

    Random Loss of Internet - TP Link Archer C60

    Posted: 29 Sep 2018 04:27 AM PDT

    Hello.

    I bought this TP Link Archer C60, roughly 6-7 months ago.

    When gaming on my ps4, I get random disconnections. I check the modem and the internet light is orange (signaling it is not working).

    It doesn't cycle through. After 10 seconds it turns back on.

    This problem occurs wirelessly, I have not tried with a wired connection.

    If I do nothing, this internet will disconnect every 30 minutes or so. I can reboot the modem and that seems to work until several hours later when the problem starts again

    1) Is this the problem of my modem or isp?
    2) Would a wired connection resolve this issue while gaming ?

    submitted by /u/Ohuma
    [link] [comments]

    Will I keep old text messages?

    Posted: 28 Sep 2018 06:39 PM PDT

    Upgrading to Xs Max next week. If I do a full encrypted backup of the iPhone to the computer via iTunes, will it FOR SURE keep all my text messages? I really want to keep the ones from a friend who died last year for as long as I possibly can.

    submitted by /u/PopMart_1997
    [link] [comments]

    Registry files with weird looking characters, CPU and RAM spikes

    Posted: 29 Sep 2018 04:12 AM PDT

    I have recently started experiencing weird CPU spikes (14% to 80-90% few seconds then back) and RAM idling at 80%, this morning i was looking around registry and this is what i've found, not sure what this is:

    https://imgur.com/a/Zdg40Fm

    submitted by /u/12315070513211
    [link] [comments]

    Microphone problem

    Posted: 29 Sep 2018 04:08 AM PDT

    Story time. Recently i was talking with some friends on discord and suddenly heard a crack coming from my headphones. After that the boys said there was some bad sounds coming from me, and like half a minute later they couldnt hear anything from me... Ive tried to reinstall the microphone driver Ive restarted my pc (duh) and i have checkd with the help of my phone if its the headphones problem, it is not. So anyone have any idea what am i dealing with ? Is it some motherboard problem or what, sound card maybe ?

    submitted by /u/kapucsengo
    [link] [comments]

    Internet goes down at least once every day for ~5 minutes, sometimes more than once a day

    Posted: 28 Sep 2018 04:50 PM PDT

    I moved into a new duplex in July. We signed up for spectrums 400mbps plan. We regularly get those speeds. But we have an issue. Everyday, it goes down at least once for about 5 minutes. Sometimes it 2 or 3 times.

    When it goes down it's weird. Ill be trying to load a webpage and it'll take forever (basically it won't load at all). I look at my network status, and it doesn't show an error. Then after a minute or two it then shows me the internet is down.

    We have replaced our router. The modem is through spectrum. Ive had them come out 3 times now, and each time they've replaced different wires and say that will fix it and it doesn't. The only thing we haven't tried is replacing this modem, which we are about to do, but I worry the issue will continue.

    Any idea to why this happens?

    submitted by /u/SloanTheSloth
    [link] [comments]

    USB Keyboard Problems

    Posted: 29 Sep 2018 04:04 AM PDT

    When I plug my USB keyboard in, the keyboard itself won't work, but it also changes all the keys on my laptop keyboard into shortcut keys, what is causing this?

    submitted by /u/djd1ed
    [link] [comments]

    Laptop freezes when mouse/keyboard used. Is it the ribbon cable, or could it be the motherboard?

    Posted: 29 Sep 2018 04:02 AM PDT

    Edit in title: It works fine when I use the external mouse, but the trackpad causes freezes.

    I posted this the other day about my Thinkpad E420, which is freezing constantly. After testing the memory and booting Ubuntu from a USB, only for the freezes to persist, I reseated the keyboard ribbon cables.

    It worked for about ten minutes, then the same problems began again. Freezes, context menu popping up when typing, etc.

    When I use the laptop with an external mouse without touching the keyboard (beyond typing in my password on startup), it works fine. As soon as I begin typing, however, it all goes to hell.

    Google tells me it may be a faulty ribbon cable connection, or it may be a bad port on the motherboard. Is there any way to test, besides replacing the whole keyboard? Could it be the ribbon cable clips? I'd like to eliminate all other possibilities before I wonder if it's the motherboard itself that needs replacing.

    submitted by /u/The_MadStork
    [link] [comments]

    does any one know if i should delete that exe file or no? below is an image of the av alert

    Posted: 29 Sep 2018 04:01 AM PDT

    [Windows 10] Weird resolution bug

    Posted: 29 Sep 2018 03:51 AM PDT

    Hey guys,

    I have been having a very weird problem concering the resolution of certain programs for which I could find no solution at all. The problem is that some programs seem to receive a wrong resolution from the OS, so far this has been the case with JDownloader and now very frustrating with Traktor 2, the DJing Software I need to work with tonight. My laptop is an ASUS Zenbook UX3410UA (i5 7200U & HD Graphics 620 with 1920x1080 panel) Unfortunately both of those programs don't allow you to change the resolution of the UI. I have attached screenshots to show you the problem:

    https://imgur.com/a/RJ8C7yJ

    I would really appreciate your input since I am so lost and I need Traktor 2 to be running with the right resolution for tonight.

    Thank you very much guys!

    submitted by /u/Fliwatt
    [link] [comments]

    Sometimes my earphones get glitchy and sounds are really soft unless I keep the volume button pressed

    Posted: 29 Sep 2018 03:47 AM PDT

    How do I fix this? It happened again while on a call and I want to kick something

    submitted by /u/faithlessburrito
    [link] [comments]

    The RPC server is unavailable

    Posted: 29 Sep 2018 03:43 AM PDT

    So my computer gives me this weird error when I click file explorer claiming "the RPC server is unavailable" additionally, I cannot right click or left click on windows button or cortana. The keyboard key itself still appears to be functional but I can't access a lot of my computer files or shut down my PC without pushing the manual power down button. I've lost the ability to search for files and while Win+R seems to work, I cannot get to my control panel and many other areas with it so I really don't know how to fix this. I'm currently running windows 10 and can access other features on the desktop and taskbar.

    submitted by /u/WhyAreTheyBlue
    [link] [comments]

    Box fan turns off internet while using ethernet.

    Posted: 28 Sep 2018 11:44 PM PDT

    It's hard to explain so here's a video:
    https://gfycat.com/TinyAppropriateKouprey
    I've tried insulating the ethernet cable because it's sort of frayed at parts but it had no effect. Disabling wifi on my laptop and using the same cord does not have this result. It works normally (I placed a laptop very close to the pc, therefore, I beleive that distance isn't the issue). Turning the fan on will also sometimes disconnect my phone from the front panel usb port as well as turn my monitor off sometimes. All devices effected return to normal afterwards but it seems that turning the fan on or off is what causes this. It also seems to do it even if the fan is further away in the same room and plugged into different outlets. Has anyone got any ideas as to what is causing this?

    submitted by /u/throwayay123654
    [link] [comments]

    Looking to feed multiple sound inputs into a pair of headphones for casual gaming and browsing (Sound Mixer I think?)

    Posted: 29 Sep 2018 03:29 AM PDT

    Hello.

    I have a desktop setup with a PC computer (custom built, handled by a family member), two TV screens (T24D391 HDTV Monitors) and a Nintendo Switch (on dock). I use a headset (plantronics Gamecon 388) for sound, but it only takes in sound from one device (the computer currently, the headset's microphone is plugged in alongside it).

    While browsing and PC gaming, I have both screens connected to the computer via HDMI cables (one uses an adapter computer-side), but when I play on the Switch, I swap one screen over to it with a third HDMI, but the Switch's sound comes out through that TV. I want all sound from both devices to play out of my headset, with minimal tinkering required to swap devices, preferably in stereo.

    Through research and begrudgingly given advice (the mentioned family member isn't convinced about my whole multitasking thing), I have gleaned that the device I need is a Sound Mixer, however searching for one on Amazon brings back many large boxes of inputs, which look more appropriate for studios and/or professional music of some kind. Plus, I gather that I will need a multitude of wires and/or adapters to pull this off, but I have no idea where to even start with that.

    Sorry for vagueness; I'm not very familiar with much of this technology and am generally intimidated by things requiring expertise in them. If anyone can help, point me in the right directions, or even tell me why this is impossible if it is, I would be very grateful. <3

    P.S. Sorry if this breaks any rules, this is my first time doing something like this.

    submitted by /u/Middle5401
    [link] [comments]

    Windows 10 won't detect my AMD video card anymore.

    Posted: 29 Sep 2018 03:26 AM PDT

    TLDR: Windows won't recognize my AMD video card, says code 31, (Microsoft basic display adapted), tried uninstalling the drivers and rebooting, safe mode, downloading new drivers and deleting the old ones with a program and then rebooting, nothing helps.

    I have a dell laptop that has an integrated graphics card from intel, and a dedicated AMD GPU (HD 7570 if I remember clearly). I have always been able to play games a at a decent framerate with the AMD GPU by going to the catalyst control software and manually making a certain program run with the dedicated GPU. It's almost been a year since I reinstalled windows, and everything was working fine until about a weak ago. The computer's screen suddenly went dark. It was receiving backlight, but there was nothing on it. I tried rebooting a couple times to no avail. Fast forward a few hours and I tried turning on the laptop again, and it started working, so I thought it might have been a software glitch and ignored it. A few days a go I decided to play some games with my friends when I noticed the framerate was horrible. I thought that maybe there was a driver update and it reset the apps I told catalyst to run with the GPU so I checked and saw that there were no longer options for making apps run with the dedicated GPU. After some digging I found that even Windows doesn't recognize my video card, showing it as a "Microsoft basic display adapter". It says that it has a trouble loading the drivers.

    This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)

    The driver trying to start is not the same as the driver for the POSTed display adapter.

    Tried uninstalling the driver and rebooting, downloading new drivers from both AMD's and Dell's website, rebooting into safe mode and using a program to uninstall the drivers and nothing has changed. Someone help me please :(

    submitted by /u/aregak2005
    [link] [comments]

    Will an HDMI switch create any kind of delay?

    Posted: 28 Sep 2018 06:36 PM PDT

    Hello, essentially what I am trying to do is put a HDMI switch from my desktop and split to a monitor and a television. So that way I could easily switch from using my monitor to my TV, and vice versa. I game on my computer regularly among using it for anything else computer related, will the switch create any delay or "lag" while doing anything on my PC? If so, is there any way to minimize the delay?

    submitted by /u/ZHodges10
    [link] [comments]

    Unable to install the windows using media creation tool

    Posted: 29 Sep 2018 03:20 AM PDT

    I think I messed up big time. I was having several issues with windows so I decided to reinstall the windows using the media creation tool. I had already performed the clean installation of windows 2 days ago but I got BSOD error (maybe due to improper shutdowns) today so again, I tried to perform the clean installation of windows.

    This time, while selecting the windows installation drive, I click on the 'format' option before I went ahead because it wasn't letting me install the windows on that particular drive (I was some kind of GPT error for the selected drive). After that I proceeded to install the windows and everything was going fine until the the last stage where I got the error "Windows couldn't update the computer's bootable configurations. Installation cannot proceed". I tried the same procedure again and still it gives me the same error. Please help me solve this issue.

    submitted by /u/AssassinJK46
    [link] [comments]

    Corrupted Recycle bin and loss of permission in hard drive

    Posted: 28 Sep 2018 11:28 PM PDT

    Today I booted up my computer and was greeted with a message saying that my recycle bin was corrupted. I went through a couple of steps to try and fix the issue and found that I lost permissions in my hard drive. I cannot download any files into the hard drive. At this same time I was unable to download any steam games onto the hard drive. I have attempted to claim ownership of the drive(the user I am currently using is the admin) and was unable to get anything to work. I talked to Microsoft support and we went through the process of creating a local user to see if the old one was corrupted. It wasn't. I was then told I needed to wait for the next windows update to see if it would solve the problem. I am not optimistic that it will solve the issue so I thought that maybe this subreddit would be able to help me out. If anyone has any suggestions on what the issue could be I would greatly appreciate it.

    submitted by /u/stormside78
    [link] [comments]

    My "ISP" js injecting coinhive into my browsing.

    Posted: 28 Sep 2018 10:44 AM PDT

    I live in a tiny town in Brazil, and my "ISP" is some guy with a very high speed radio connection and some networking hardware/knowledge.

    My neighbor and I have noticed that every now and then our tabs load blank, with the tab's name as the site's URL between quotes. We have to refresh to get to the correct page.
    We investigated further and figured out that these blank pages have a coinhive script in them.

    Is there any way to
    A) figure out who's doing this (we suspect the guy who runs our internet, but he has plausible deniability)

    And B) stop it altogether? (I do have coinhive's IP blocked in my network, as well as the script blocked in uMatrix, so it can't mine, but the blank pages still happen sometimes, making browsing very inconvenient)

    Edit: just as a sidenote, we know the computers themselves are not infected because this doesn't happen when we take them to places with other ISPs

    submitted by /u/Kiloku
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel