• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Wednesday, September 26, 2018

    god I wish windows 7 was the last windows. Windows Help

    god I wish windows 7 was the last windows. Windows Help


    god I wish windows 7 was the last windows.

    Posted: 26 Sep 2018 06:33 PM PDT

    I don't use 7 anymore. but I really dislike 10. its much better than 8. but I hate that the options nowdays are seperated between like 3 seperate menus. control panel. that stupid boxy touchpad and a lot of other options are separated between mini-menus

    I just love how they hate the original simple set up that the search bar shows absolutely no options from the control panel as if its oblivious to it.

    I haven't used the start menu once. once since this thing cameo ut. its just not snappy whats the point of it at this point? there is no point in putting anything in it and not just straight up on your desktop even if it gets cluttrered

    like its all designed to put as many ads and data collection as possible.

    its a pretty cliche post but I don't like this.

    submitted by /u/SaviorLordThanos
    [link] [comments]

    Chameleon Dynamic Wallpaper Changer

    Posted: 26 Sep 2018 05:38 AM PDT

    Screenshot

    This a a little program I wrote for Windows that changes your desktop wallpaper based on the current battery, time of day, weather conditions, wind speed, temperature, humidity, or heat index. It's partially inspired by macOS Mojave's dynamic desktop feature.

    Downloads
    GitHub

    submitted by /u/discountabortions
    [link] [comments]

    Please recommend a desktop screen recorder that I can schedule to record at particular times.

    Posted: 26 Sep 2018 05:06 PM PDT

    Anyone know a good desktop recorder that I can use. I want to schedule it to record some some currency markets at 3am. It has to be able to record in 1080.

    submitted by /u/BrockSamson83
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for a simple weather app for system tray

    Posted: 26 Sep 2018 02:22 PM PDT

    Just looking for a simple weather app that can show temperature or other information in system tray. Do you guys have any recommendations? I use Windows 8.1 btw.

    submitted by /u/Grizzlywolf25
    [link] [comments]

    cmd help

    Posted: 26 Sep 2018 07:37 PM PDT

    can i see all my drive in laptop using cmd ?

    submitted by /u/chillumgod
    [link] [comments]

    Keyboard issues

    Posted: 26 Sep 2018 07:14 PM PDT

    I've been looking for a solution for some time now. I bought an hp laptop and recently the 1, q, a, z, left shift, ctrl, alt and windows keys stopped working. I updated the bios and it worked until I closed my laptop. I even found a fix using the HP diagnostics but it too was temporary. I've seen that this has been an issue for a Dell laptop and someone who built a PC from various forum posts. The HP site is a nightmare so I'm turning to reddit. Thank you!

    submitted by /u/OtherBondy
    [link] [comments]

    Ultimate Performance Power Plan

    Posted: 26 Sep 2018 03:13 PM PDT

    Is there Ultimate Performance Power Plan for windows 7?

    submitted by /u/satinof
    [link] [comments]

    What power mode should I use while gaming ?

    Posted: 26 Sep 2018 02:58 PM PDT

    So I bought a new laptop and I noticed once that while playing overwatch unplugged it worked worse so I usually play plugged in right now .

    I also just noticed the power slider and I don't know what to pick while I am gaming

    I'm thinking best performance while gaming since I am always playing plugged in and when unplugged I should use better performance

    Will best performance or playing while plugged in hurt my laptop ( I usually play for about 2 hours , currently playing witcher 3 )

    submitted by /u/Muzegrandls
    [link] [comments]

    Problem reinstalling Win8. Rejected product/licence key

    Posted: 26 Sep 2018 12:30 PM PDT

    Hi, I am trying to reinstall Windows 8 on my netbook after I removed it some years ago for Linux. I couldn't find the product/licence key though, so I ran this command on Linux to get, what I thought was the product key.

    sudo hexdump -s 56 -e '"MSDM key: " /29 "%s\n"' /sys/firmware/acpi/tables/MSDMD 

    Which returned something that looked like a product key (or at least has the same format as one). So I grabbed an ISO of Windows 8.1n (although my netbook came with version 8, which isn't available anymore) and tried to install it; however, the install rejected the key.

    My question is, is the key I grabbed from the hardware the product key, or is the MSDN key something else?

    Is there any other reason the install rejected the key? Like for example, I needed to find a copy of Windows 8 (not 8.1) or perhaps 8.1n is different to 8.1

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/dumildekok
    [link] [comments]

    Windows 10 passes 700 million devices, 1 billion still far off

    Posted: 26 Sep 2018 11:52 AM PDT

    Looking for help with Windows Registry & context menu

    Posted: 26 Sep 2018 11:40 AM PDT

    Hello all,

    I am hoping someone is able to help me with an issue I am having with Windows Registry and the context menu. What I am trying to do is add an option to the windows context menu (the pop-up that appears when you right click a file or within a folder), which will allow me to run a python script on the selected file.

    So far I have been able to add an option to the context menu, however it is not functioning as intended. Below is a registry file I copied after some googling, my understanding of this registry entry is that it should run the script located at the specified location, when the newly created context menu entry is clicked.

    HOWEVER, instead, when the newly created context menu entry is selected, the file simply opens as if it was double clicked.

    My Registry Entry (note my script is named 'ezHash')

    Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

    [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\Run script]

    @="Run &ezHash"

    [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\Run script\command]

    @="\"C:\\Desktop\\ezhash.py\" \"%1\""

    Thank you to anyone willing to offer some assistance, this is my first time ever dealing with the Windows Registry so I apologize for any lack of general knowledge surrounding the topic.

    submitted by /u/noileyp
    [link] [comments]

    Surprise windows reboot, with no update?

    Posted: 26 Sep 2018 12:53 PM PDT

    Everyone in my office - a DoD contracting company constantly under cyberattack of one flavor or another - just had Windows 7 reboot at the same time.. with no record in the Windows Update log.

    This was about 19:30 GMT. Anyone else experience this? IT is.. frightened.

    submitted by /u/halleberrytosis
    [link] [comments]

    BSOD on startup, "AgileVPN.sys failed"

    Posted: 26 Sep 2018 12:53 PM PDT

    So I bought this laptop, an HP 15-da00000 Laptop PC, literally yesterday, left it on overnight to transfer files from my old one, and everything went smoothly until I shut it down earlier because I was going out. Got home, turned it on, and I got a bluescreen saying "AgileVPN.sys" failed, and now it's sitting on a black screen.

    I'm petrified to do anything, does anyone have any idea what to do?

    I also ran sfc /scannow when I bought it and it found corrupt files but could not fix them, could that be the culprit?

    submitted by /u/TheMajesticMrL
    [link] [comments]

    Best non-Google dongle for windows screen mirroring?

    Posted: 26 Sep 2018 02:15 AM PDT

    I'm looking for a device that I can plug into my TV so I can mirror my laptop and play music through it easily etc. I have a xiaomi TV and have tried many times to connect my computer to it but it seems to be incompatible for whatever reason.

    I think buying a dongle will be the easiest solution for me, however I cannot use google chromecast as I am in China and it is blocked.

    any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/mediumblock
    [link] [comments]

    Modernizing Windows 7 in 2018?

    Posted: 26 Sep 2018 03:23 PM PDT

    As title, the looks of Windows 7 in 2018 though still gorgeous is a bit outdated in many sections.

    I am sick of updates coming out every 6 months with tons of crap like emoji(the most hated thing in my mind after social media) and the Redmond Retards shoving Edge into my mouth.

    Is there any programs or tweaks to make Windows 7 look better but still keep the OG aesthetic?

    submitted by /u/F0x021
    [link] [comments]

    Can't connect to internet or ethernet

    Posted: 26 Sep 2018 03:03 PM PDT

    Basically, today i got home and just couldn't connect to my Wi-Fi and my ethernet. When i tell Windows to see what's wrong it tells me to update my drivers, and when i go to update the drivers it tells me they're all updated.

    Does anybody know what should i do? Not even starting it in safe mode worked

    Oh and also, i used System Repair to go back to the day before yesterday but it still wasn't working

    submitted by /u/prado1204
    [link] [comments]

    GF's laptop died, can I plug the drive into my PC and access the data off it if she enters her username/password?

    Posted: 26 Sep 2018 12:14 PM PDT

    Her laptop was Windows 7 and my PC is Windows 10 if that makes any difference?

    submitted by /u/unabatedshagie
    [link] [comments]

    Unknown devices Windows has stopped this device because it reported problems code 43

    Posted: 26 Sep 2018 12:05 PM PDT

    I'm using multiple usb extenders (4) and then my micro usb cable for my oculus go so I can play vr games and let other people play without worrying about yanking the cable. But it says unknown driver "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (code 43)". and I can't manually find the driver but when I plug in the oculus go directly it automatically finds the driver. So I'm wondering how I can get the driver for it. Thanks.

    submitted by /u/Dninyo
    [link] [comments]

    Cross-Play Comes to PS4, Xbox One, PC & Nintendo Switch

    Posted: 26 Sep 2018 10:22 AM PDT

    Next big windows update ?

    Posted: 26 Sep 2018 08:56 AM PDT

    Hi, Pc not working too good. I plan to do a clean install but if a new big update is close by i'll wait it out

    submitted by /u/Wintersoldierkb9
    [link] [comments]

    I’m using multiple usb extenders and the drivers aren’t working

    Posted: 26 Sep 2018 08:48 AM PDT

    I'm using multiple usb extenders (4) and then my micro usb cable for my oculus go so I can play vr games and let other people play without worrying about yanking the cable. But it says unknown driver "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (code 43)". and I can't manually find the driver but when I plug in the oculus go directly it automatically finds the driver. So I'm wondering how I can get the driver for it. Thanks.

    submitted by /u/Dninyo
    [link] [comments]

    OS booting confusion

    Posted: 26 Sep 2018 08:46 AM PDT

    i use Windows 7 ultimate in my laptop but not it stuck at windows boot logo and now I have bootable win 8.1 in my pendrive. when i entered into boot menu it says launch with repair mode or start windows normally. i am really confused of it. what will happen if i use the launch with repairing Mode rather start with Windows normally because i use Windows 7 ultimate but my pendrive has win 8.1. can anyone clear me what options should i choose? if i choose option 1 can i loss my present OS or not? anyone here for me

    submitted by /u/chillumgod
    [link] [comments]

    Windows automatically inserting Microsoft Account credentials for Network Drives

    Posted: 26 Sep 2018 08:27 AM PDT

    Hello, i use a different password for my GMX MediaCenter CloudSpace and my Microsoft Account. When i add the GMX CloudSpace as a Network Drive over WebDAV and i Login with my GMX Credentials and click on save account information it connects and i can access my cloud. However everytime i reboot and want to connect to the WebDAV again, it does not automatically reconnect to it upon Windows Login even tho i selected the option for that. When i then double click on the Webdrive to access it, the login prompt shows up. However instead of showing my saved credentials i typed in before the reboot it automatically inserts my Microsoft account credentials, which will not work, so i have to retype my GMX account data every time

    Any way to stop it from putting in my microsoft account but save the right credentials i typed in before?

    Thanks in advance

    submitted by /u/Bl4ckCreep
    [link] [comments]

    Need help making a automated zip data file

    Posted: 26 Sep 2018 07:58 AM PDT

    So far I came up with this

    set fn=%date:~7,2%-%date:~4,2%-%date:~10,4% if not exist C:\test\%fn% md C:\test\%fn% cd C:\test\%fn% path=%path%;"c:\test\%fn% for %f in (*) do wzzip %~nf.zip %f xcopy C:\ex\*.* C:\test\%fn% /s/q/c/y 

    The obvious problem is

    cd C:\test\%fn% path=%path%;"c:\test\%fn% for %f in (*) do wzzip %~nf.zip %f 

    but I don't know what to do to make my file zipped everytime I run the batch file.

    Note:" test" and "ex" folder are only their just to be test folders

    submitted by /u/dantefischer
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel