• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Friday, September 28, 2018

    $1,200, US, Gaming/multimedia.

    $1,200, US, Gaming/multimedia.


    $1,200, US, Gaming/multimedia.

    Posted: 27 Sep 2018 10:10 PM PDT

    • Total budget and country of purchase: $1200, US
    • Do you prefer a 2 in 1 form factor, good battery life or best specifications for the money? Pick or include any that apply. Best Specifications.
    • How important is weight and thinness to you? I'm fine with bulky.

    • Which OS do you require? Windows, Mac, Chrome OS, Linux. Windows

    • Do you have a preferred screen size? If indifferent, put N/A. At Least 15'

    • Are you doing any CAD/video editing/photo editing/gaming? List which programs/games you desire to run. Nope.

    • If you're gaming, do you have certain games you want to play? At what settings and FPS do you want? I'd like to be able to play most modern and newer games at mid-range settings at least.

    • Any specific requirements such as good keyboard, reliable build quality, touch-screen, finger-print reader, optical drive or good input devices (keyboard/touchpad)? I actually really dislike touchscreens on laptops for some reason. A Nice display with a high resolution is a plus.

    • Leave any finishing thoughts here that you may feel are necessary and beneficial to the discussion. I'm currently using a Lenovo Y510P and have been very satisfied with it for the past 5 years. I kind of want something similar, but an upgrade of it.

    submitted by /u/cuddlybastard
    [link] [comments]

    Lecture Laptop

    Posted: 28 Sep 2018 02:22 AM PDT

    • Total budget and country of purchase: £300 MAX UK

    I'm trying to get the cheapest laptop that fulfills its purpose.

    • Do you prefer a 2 in 1 form factor, good battery life or best specifications for the money? Pick or include any that apply.

    I only need about 5hr max of battery power.

    • How important is weight and thinness to you? Weight is unimportant, thinness doesn't matter at all

    • Which OS do you require? Windows, Mac, Chrome OS, Linux.

    Windows 10/7/8 or Linux

    • Do you have a preferred screen size? If indifferent, put N/A. N/A

    • Are you doing any CAD/video editing/photo editing/gaming? List which programs/games you desire to run. -fill here, remove dashes-

    • If you're gaming, do you have certain games you want to play? At what settings and FPS do you want?

    Maybe some light programming, but I'll be running most of my things on my PC so it's not needed

    • Any specific requirements such as good keyboard, reliable build quality, touch-screen, finger-print reader, optical drive or good input devices (keyboard/touchpad)?

    Good keyboard is mandatory as I'll be taking notes. nothing else is needed

    • Leave any finishing thoughts here that you may feel are necessary and beneficial to the discussion.

    This really only needs to open a text editor and allow me to take notes. I have a phone with a stylus so don't need to spend money on a touchscreen or such. If you have any recommendations or features that would be good for lectures please tell me

    submitted by /u/MortalShadow
    [link] [comments]

    < 1800€, Germany, 2in1, note taking, programming, light gaming

    Posted: 28 Sep 2018 02:21 AM PDT

    * **Total budget and country of purchase:**

    <1800€ in Germany

    * **Do you prefer a 2 in 1 form factor, good battery life or best specifications for the money? Pick or include any that apply.**

    I would like to have a 2in1 because university starts in the next couple of days and I want to take note on the device. Good battery life would also not hurt to get through one day without charging.

    * **How important is weight and thinness to you?**

    It is important. I want to carry the device in my bag and dont want to hurt my back. Currently my laptop is >2.5kg and thats deffinetly too much.

    * **Which OS do you require? Windows, Mac, Chrome OS, Linux.**

    Windows

    * **Do you have a preferred screen size? If indifferent, put N/A.**

    I think 12-14" would be nice.

    * **Are you doing any CAD/video editing/photo editing/gaming? List which programs/games you desire to run.**

    Maybe CAD. Maybe the occasional game when I am bored and not at home (I have a desktop PC). Visual Studio for programming.

    * **Any specific requirements such as good keyboard, reliable build quality, touch-screen, finger-print reader, optical drive or good input devices (keyboard/touchpad)?**

    Good keyboard would be nice, as I would like to programm and type on it quite a bit. Reliable build quality is a nice thing, that when I grab my device it feels solid and good. Touch-screen is important (2in1) because I would like to take notes with it.

    * **Leave any finishing thoughts here that you may feel are necessary and beneficial to the discussion.**

    I am seaching for a few month nwo and waited if something better came around the corner. I don't know why but I somehow fell in love with the Surface Pro / Surface Book 2. For the Pro I looked at the i7 / 8GB RAM / 256GB SSD and for the Book I looked at the 13.5" / i7 / 8GB RAM / 256GB SSD. Those are the devices which I currently am looking at all the time, but they are expensive... Thats why I want to have another opinion, which maybe shows me a similar device that I can fall in love with ;-)

    The reason for buying a laptop is not only the two years at university, the device should last me longer when I am spending so much money on it. Thats why I am a bit scared to focus only on the 2in1 aspect for writing on it.

    I dont know why but I think I like the two Surface products so much because I can detach the keyboard. I held a few devices where you can unfold the laptop so the keyboard is on the back of the device. But I dont really like the feel of that, when I am grabbing the device and pushing the keys on the back.

    If somebody got the time and has a neutral look on the Surface products, maybe you can tell me why I should or should not buy them.

    Btw. I know that Microsofts holds an event on the 2nd of october and maybe will update the Surface Pro. Thats what I kind of waited for, but I think the new product line will take some time to be available in Europe... I should wait that long but dont know if I can ;-)

    submitted by /u/Heenne
    [link] [comments]

    ~$900, California, Multimedia (3D modeling/Photoshop)

    Posted: 27 Sep 2018 11:23 PM PDT

    • Total budget and country of purchase: I have around $900 and can go a tiny bit more up, but hopefully not going over $1,000.

    • Do you prefer a 2 in 1 form factor, good battery life or best specifications for the money? Pick or include any that apply. I would like to put the focus most on performance. I won't be bringing the laptop around much so no emphasis on battery life or storage.

    • How important is weight and thinness to you? Doesn't matter

    • Which OS do you require? Windows, Mac, Chrome OS, Linux. Mac preferably, but I don't think I can get that with only $900. Windows is OK.

    • Do you have a preferred screen size? If indifferent, put N/A. I am planning to connect it to a monitor. However, the bigger the screen size the better. Also the best display window too.

    • Are you doing any CAD/video editing/photo editing/gaming? List which programs/games you desire to run. I plan on using Photoshop/Krita for digital painting and plan on working with large file sizes. I also plan on using 3D modeling programs such as Maya, Blender, and Zbrush (for rendering, etc).

    • If you're gaming, do you have certain games you want to play? At what settings and FPS do you want? Only game I really play is League of Legends.

    • Any specific requirements such as good keyboard, reliable build quality, touch-screen, finger-print reader, optical drive or good input devices (keyboard/touchpad)? Good display screen since I'll be digitally painting and will need to see colors and brightness well.

    • Leave any finishing thoughts here that you may feel are necessary and beneficial to the discussion. Is it true that Apple laptops/PC monitors have better display screens that can show "true color"?

    Also, if I am planning on more performance, that would mean less storage right? So I would need to connect a hard drive to it? Which hard drive is the best one for it? Would I need to get more USB ports since I would need to connect the hard drive, mouse, my drawing tablet, and the monitor?

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/ImmediateP
    [link] [comments]

    Laptop Suggestion

    Posted: 28 Sep 2018 01:10 AM PDT

    I'm looking to invest into a laptop around $900 that will be able to do some light gaming such as LoL, CSGO, WoW, Fortnite, etc in addition to being able to assist me in photo editing. Not looking for anything that's overkill, but something that will last me quiet a while. Will be more of a recreational use.
    Not into 2 in 1s

    submitted by /u/PoporroKing
    [link] [comments]

    Laptop for occasional gaming

    Posted: 28 Sep 2018 12:51 AM PDT

    Hi,

    I'm looking for a laptop that allows me to play game. It does not have to be a gaming laptop, because I am using it with a separate monitor and keyboard. I guess the key is gpu.

    I mainly play overwatch. Looking for something with >60fps with 100% render on low to medium settings.

    Portability is a bonus.

    Thank you in advance.

    submitted by /u/mrmaxilicious
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for recommendations for a School/Gaming Laptop

    Posted: 27 Sep 2018 09:17 PM PDT

    Budget: $1500-$2500 (US)

    Im looking for a laptop that fulfills my school needs, but is also capable of fulfilling my gaming wants.

    What I'm looking for: -Good Battery (around 5 hours probably) -Light enough to carry around (no more than 6 pounds) -Something with a good build (I'd like for the laptop to last me over 5-6 years) -Decently futureproof (min 1060 GTX)

    My priorities are, without a doubt, the battery and weight, I've been considering preordering the MSI P65 (GS65 but white) on Amazon for 2299, but was wondering what suggestions this sub had first. I really like Asus, but I'm worried their laptops don't have a good enough battery for school (it has to last a minimum of 4-5 hours on google docs, gaming battery doesn't matter).

    I think I covered the basics, thanks in advance for the responses, you guys are great!

    Edit: Games I'd like to run: Mainly shooters, CoD, FortNite, but also a Fifa fan

    submitted by /u/Matt11223344
    [link] [comments]

    Dell is having a sale on their XPS laptops. $1,279 for the XPS 9570 with i7 and 256 ssd, or $1,399 for the upgraded 512 ssd. Is this a good deal for these laptops, and which one would you prefer for the price?

    Posted: 27 Sep 2018 10:17 AM PDT

    I assume it is worth paying the extra $120 for the upgraded ssd. What do you guys think? And does Dell have deals like this often, or is this a pretty good sale?

    submitted by /u/Sunbath3r
    [link] [comments]

    Large screen 15-17" for school, work, some gaming

    Posted: 27 Sep 2018 09:05 PM PDT

    * **Total budget and country of purchase:** USA, $1500

    * **Do you prefer a 2 in 1 form factor, good battery life or best specifications for the money? Pick or include any that apply.** Battery life and specs are both important, I don't want or care about touch screen

    * **How important is weight and thinness to you?** I am going to be hauling it around so I'd like to keep it somewhere in the middle range if not lighter

    * **Which OS do you require? Windows, Mac, Chrome OS, Linux.** Ideally it would be MacOS, but I'm not pleased with their current offerings so Windows 10 it is

    * **Do you have a preferred screen size? If indifferent, put N/A.** I often need to go through medical records for work so being able to see an entire page of a pdf at once is key, 4K 15" or 17" would be ideal

    * **Are you doing any CAD/video editing/photo editing/gaming? List which programs/games you desire to run.** little gaming, but it would be a nice plus if that was a possibility, no video editing or anything of that sort

    * **Any specific requirements such as good keyboard, reliable build quality, touch-screen, finger-print reader, optical drive or good input devices (keyboard/touchpad)?** good build quality, reliable, finger-print reader would be nice, but not necessary, good keyboard, trackpad should be at least decent, no real need for an optical drive

    * **Leave any finishing thoughts here that you may feel are necessary and beneficial to the discussion.** was looking at the 15" XPS but worried because of build quality issues (was that just last years model?) I was also looking at the HP envy 17" 4K display with 16gb ram, 512gb ssd, 8th gen i7, and 4Gb MX150 found it on sale for $1200 (thoughts on this one?)

    submitted by /u/RockClimber83
    [link] [comments]

    Laptop Suggestion

    Posted: 27 Sep 2018 08:55 PM PDT

    I currently need a laptop for work.

    I am on a budget as it is just a business laptop and used laptops are fine also. I want to keep it under $300 but if I can get the requirements or if the value is there I am willing to spend additional hundred or so.

    Looking for something that has good processing power I prefer i5 but some people have been telling me processing power has gotten better where it is not as necessary though I am skeptical.

    I would like at least 8GB of ram due to Windows 10 taking so much ram. Also our company utilizes a lot of spreadsheets on Google Drive that has been just eating way at my ram.

    I am also a sales guy who needs to make presentations so media ports are important HDMI is a minimum.

    I will be running GIS demos which have a lot of rendering of points and data but I have not tried it on my current so I am not sure where I need to be.

    My desired but open to suggestion required specs:

    Intel i5 5th gen or better
    8GB Ram (can be less if I can upgrade)
    SSD (HDD is fine if I can upgrade)
    HDMI and other media ports
    I travel so I would like to laptop to be pretty light but does not need to be a ultrabook

    Thanks in advance guys I know these may be really tight requirements, it is going to be used daily so.

    submitted by /u/Citizen320
    [link] [comments]

    ~$1000 AUD, for school and light editing and special effects.

    Posted: 28 Sep 2018 02:28 AM PDT

    I mostly need it for Word but also video editing and some special effects,

    I know this basically a copy paste this from r/computers but I need to order it soon because i only have 1 week on holidays left and i need time to get it set up and delivery time.

    FAQ thing the rules told me to do.

    Total budget and country of purchase.

    roughly $1000 not over $1300 lower if possible and Australia Queensland, I can order from another country if needed.

    Do you prefer a 2 in 1 form factor, good battery life or best specifications for the money? Pick or include any that apply.

    Don't overly care on form factor, good battery life is important because of around 8 hour days.

    How important is weight and thinness to you?

    as light as possible preferably because at my school we have no way to store laptops or books and have to carry them everywhere. Thickness doesn't bother me.

    Which OS do you require? Windows, Mac, Chrome OS, Linux.

    not Chromium or Mac but I can install windows 8.1 from my old laptop if needed

    Do you have a preferred screen size? If indifferent, put N/A.

    nothing smaller then 15 inch, it does become hard to edit on a smaller screen.

    Are you doing any CAD/video editing/photo editing/gaming? List which programs/games you desire to run.

    I will be doing some special effects nothing too heavy along with video editing and the Microsoft word set/package.

    If you're gaming, do you have certain games you want to play? At what settings and FPS do you want?

    I will being doing some light stuff, older games and retro styled games things like Elder Scrolls Morrowind and Faster Than Light.

    Any specific requirements such as good keyboard, reliable build quality, touch-screen, finger-print reader, optical drive or good input devices (keyboard/touchpad)?

    A space for a second drive, not install because i have a 500gb laptop drive waiting to be used from my previous laptop. A good keyboard would be nice but not a necessity.

    **Leave any finishing thoughts here that you may feel are necessary and beneficial to the discussion.**

    I though I might just add I know about desktop hardware so you have no need to dumb the discussion down I just don't know that much about laptop hardware in the way of which parts are good for what task. I also want to add that I would like the laptop to last a long time, for example my older laptop worked well for around 5 years and only now is it stopped being able to run things effectively.

    submitted by /u/MisterPanda5554
    [link] [comments]

    (Canada) Looking for <$800 CAD laptop for video editing

    Posted: 27 Sep 2018 10:37 PM PDT

    $800 CAD budget

    Prefer good specs for money and needs a decent battery life (>6 hours)

    Weight and thinness are important but not crucial

    Would prefer Windows 10 and 15.6" or lower

    Will be used for video editing and some very light gaming, like CS:GO on occasion, etc.

    Don't really need anything too fancy like touchscreen or 360 rotation or whatever, but would prefer at least an i5 and definitely an SSD.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/aaronauticalschip
    [link] [comments]

    Gaming Laptop <$900

    Posted: 27 Sep 2018 06:48 PM PDT

    * **Total budget and country of purchase:** Under $900 - USA

    * **Do you prefer a 2 in 1 form factor, good battery life or best specifications for the money? Pick or include any that apply.** Best specs for the money

    * **How important is weight and thinness to you?** Not important

    * **Which OS do you require? Windows, Mac, Chrome OS, Linux.** Windows 10

    * **Do you have a preferred screen size? If indifferent, put N/A.** 15" would be preferable

    * **Are you doing any CAD/video editing/photo editing/gaming? List which programs/games you desire to run.** Mainly for school and gaming purposes. I play Overwatch, Shadow of War, Planetary Annihilation, The Arkham Franchise, ARK, Dungeon Defenders 2, and No Man's Sky. (I play other games as well, but these are the more intensive ones in my library)

    * **If you're gaming, do you have certain games you want to play? At what settings and FPS do you want?** Games listed above, Medium settings are great, and I'd love to get decent 50+FPS

    * **Any specific requirements such as good keyboard, reliable build quality, touch-screen, finger-print reader, optical drive or good input devices (keyboard/touchpad)?** Good keyboard would be great, not sure how important the other options listed here are. EDIT: At least 1TB of Storage space is a must.

    * **Leave any finishing thoughts here that you may feel are necessary and beneficial to the discussion.** I'm looking for something with a 1050 ti or (if possible) a 1060 6G. Also I'm a bit picky about appearance, and dont really care for Red/Green highlights/backlights, but that's not a deal breaker.

    submitted by /u/AmrasYavetil
    [link] [comments]

    Europe, i5-8269U

    Posted: 28 Sep 2018 02:19 AM PDT

    Is there any laptop with that processor already available? Can't seem to find one.

    submitted by /u/SamVVaeck
    [link] [comments]

    Need a portable

    Posted: 27 Sep 2018 10:06 PM PDT

    • Total budget and country of purchase: If it has a GTX 1050 equivalent or so, then maybe 1000-1400$ because I can sell my current gaming computer. If not, less than 800$. I live in Korea and if I can purchase the laptop here that would be nice but is not at all required. I will be able to get whatever I order in this coming month in November once I meet a relative.

    • Do you prefer a 2 in 1 form factor, good battery life or best specifications for the money? Pick or include any that apply. I want an 8th gen i5 or better laptop and at least 6 hours of battery life on high brightness. I'm coming from an i5 6200u on my current laptop so any 8th gen would be an improvmenet I would strongly prefer to be able to upgrade the RAM and SSD myself because I can transfer the SSD from my current laptop (if it already has a 256 gb ssd it's not neccesary) and it would be cheaper to upgrade the RAM myself (I want 16 gb). I can live without a 2 in 1 but that would be nice too.

    • How important is weight and thinness to you? My current laptop is around 3 pounds which isn't so bad. If it's under 4 (lower is still better) that should be fine. Thinness is nice but I wouldn't want it at cost of battery life and thermals.

    • Which OS do you require? Windows, Mac, Chrome OS, Linux. I will probably be using Windows for the most part but Linux would be nice too.

    • Do you have a preferred screen size? If indifferent, put N/A. 15 inch or higher.

    • Are you doing any CAD/video editing/photo editing/gaming? List which programs/games you desire to run. I don't think I'll end up doing it but maybe some AI machine learning training. For that, an Nvidia GPU would be nice though not neccesary.

    • If you're gaming, do you have certain games you want to play? At what settings and FPS do you want? I would want to play at 1080p, 45fps+ for games like Destiny 2 if it's not too much more expensive.

    • Any specific requirements such as good keyboard, reliable build quality, touch-screen, finger-print reader, optical drive or good input devices (keyboard/touchpad)?

    Good keyboard is important. A numpad and backlight would be nice but aren't neccesary. I would really like a nice display, 2560 x 1440 or better and if possible HDR too. A touchscreen would be cool too. I don't think I would use it but stylus pen compatability would be nice.

    • Leave any finishing thoughts here that you may feel are necessary and beneficial to the discussion.

    I've been looking a lot at the HP Spectre x360 15t because it looks like it checks off all the requirements and it's one of the cheapest 4k laptops I can find. Having trouble deciding if the 8705g would be worth it though because of the supposed thermal issues.

    Thanks for any help!

    submitted by /u/rajlego
    [link] [comments]

    2in1 Laptop

    Posted: 27 Sep 2018 07:44 PM PDT

    • Total budget and country of purchase: No more than $1200--USA
    • Do you prefer a 2 in 1 form factor, good battery life or best specifications to your requirements for the money? Pick or include any that apply. Looking for a 2in1 convertible laptop with at least one usb 3.0 port, good processor at least 8gb of ram, ssd
    • How important is weight to you? Very important, lighter the better
    • Which OS do you require? Windows, Linux, Mac. Windows
    • Do you have a preferred screen size? If indifferent, put N/A. N/A
    • Are you doing any CAD/video editing/photo editing/gaming? List which programs/games you desire to run. If you have no requirements, put N/A. Autodesk CAD, Microsoft Project and Business Sims
    • If you're gaming (leave blank if you put N/A above...), do you have certain games you want to play? At what settings and FPS do you want? N/A
    • Any specific requirements such as good keyboard, reliable business grade build quality, touch-screen, finger-print reader, optical drive or good input devices (keyboard/touchpad)? Good build quality, fingerprint reader would be a plus but not a requirement.
    • Leave any finishing thoughts here that you may feel are necessary and beneficial to the discussion. Lightweight and usb 3.0 ports, sound not important

    Low weight is very important as I intend to use it while traveling or on site, I already have a gaming laptop with power, graphics the works based on recommendations from this sub.

    Sturdy build

    submitted by /u/jadomar
    [link] [comments]

    HP Omen (Late 2017 model) vs Lenovo Legion Y520 vs Dell Inspiron 7567

    Posted: 28 Sep 2018 01:11 AM PDT

    * **Total budget and country of purchase:**

    Rs.120,000, (~800USD) Pakistan

    **Do you prefer a 2 in 1 form factor, good battery life or best specifications for the money? Pick or include any that apply.**

    Good battery life is always welcome but performance matters more.

    **How important is weight and thinness to you?**

    Doesn't matter.

    **Which OS do you require? Windows, Mac, Chrome OS, Linux.**

    Any OS will do.

    **Do you have a preferred screen size? If indifferent, put N/A.**

    15.6

    **Are you doing any CAD/video editing/photo editing/gaming? List which programs/games you desire to run.**

    I'm a casual gamer and do some photo editing from time to time. But the main purpose would be gaming and general use.

    **If you're gaming, do you have certain games you want to play? At what settings and FPS do you want?**

    Fifa, GTA, Mafia etc. As I said I'm just a casual gamer so no specifics there. And of course ultra settings <3.

    **Any specific requirements such as good keyboard, reliable build quality, touch-screen, finger-print reader, optical drive or good input devices (keyboard/touchpad)?**

    I'm planning on using it for 4-5 years minimum so it should be reasonably good build quality. Jbtw I don't use my laptops that roughly.

    **Leave any finishing thoughts here that you may feel are necessary and beneficial to the discussion.**All of the three laptops are available to me for similar prices (~Rs.115K) with same configurations (1050ti, 8GB Ram, Ci7 7700, 1TB FHD IPS display). I'm somewhat taking into the visual aesthetics as well so leaning a bit more towards Legion and Omen in that aspect.

    P.S: Dell 7567 is also the IPS version.

    submitted by /u/sohaib023
    [link] [comments]

    Need a portable laptop for photography and graphics work. (<$1000)

    Posted: 27 Sep 2018 06:41 PM PDT

    Hi, I'm kind of stumped. What I need is:

    • a reasonably fast CPU. I'm considering something like an i7-8550U or even a Ryzen 5 chip. Something in that ballpark would be fine.
    • Something better than Intel's iGPU. An MX-150 or even the Vega iGPU would be sufficient.
    • 16 gigs of RAM. or upgradability from 8 to 16.I use a lot of RAM heavy applications.
    • A quality 1080p IPS display. I don't care about refresh rate but I do a lot of photography so something color accurate would be nice.
    • An SSD, or a way to upgrade the storage somehow. I have a 512 gb SSD in my notebook now that I can take out and put in the new machine if there's space for it.
    • 15.6" is a bit clunky, and 13.3" feels too small...14" would be ideal I think but I don't see many.
    • USB 3.1 is a MUST.

    Wants/nice to haves:

    • fingerprint reader or windows hello
    • good battery life
    • portable (lightweight)
    • backlighting on the keyboard
    • a satisfying keyboard
    • good build quality (aluminum)
    • USB-C charging
    • non "gamer" looking - I generally prefer simpler designs.
    • SD card reader. I've got an adapter but I tend to lose those.

    I was looking at this Huawei Matebook D which alllllmmmooosssttt fits the bill but it seems like the 14" only has 8 gigs of RAM and it's soldered on...I like the Matebook X a lot but even the i5 model is a tad pricey.

    I love MacBook screens but again, $$$.

    I'm pretty particular, I know...does my ideal notebook exist?

    submitted by /u/Unyx
    [link] [comments]

    Is MSI GV Core GV62 8RE-038IN Laptop worth buying?

    Posted: 28 Sep 2018 12:04 AM PDT

    I am from india where laptops are really expensive. I have a budget of $1200 which can only give me 1050ti with i7. But I am getting the above mention laptop for same price but with 1060gtx on i5 8300H. Is is worth buying or should I go for 1050ti version

    r/http://dl.flipkart.com/dl/msi-gv-core-i5-8th-gen-8-gb-1-tb-hdd-128-gb-ssd-windows-10-home-6-graphics-gv62-8re-038in-gaming-laptop/p/itmf5q24kk7uh3um?pid=COMF5Q24MCQT5ZNC&cmpid=product.share.pp

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/ChippingEye2766
    [link] [comments]

    Suggestions for 2in1 laptop (UK)

    Posted: 27 Sep 2018 08:09 PM PDT

    * **Total budget and country of purchase:**

    I would like a few suggestions on a few price points, £750, £1000 and £1250. United Kingdom.

    * **Do you prefer a 2 in 1 form factor, good battery life or best specifications for the money? Pick or include any that apply.**

    a 2 in 1 form factor is a requirement as well as good battery life (5-8 hours) though an all day battery life would be ideal, value for money is also still important.

    * **How important is weight and thinness to you?**

    Weight and thinness is very important as I want it to be a everyday carry. Less than 3Kg

    * **Which OS do you require? Windows, Mac, Chrome OS, Linux.**

    Windows

    * **Do you have a preferred screen size? If indifferent, put N/A.**

    Much prefer 13 inches, maximum 15.6 inches

    * **Are you doing any CAD/video editing/photo editing/gaming? List which programs/games you desire to run.**

    Mostly programming/coding, browsing the web and watching stuff on youtube and netflix. Having the choice to do some video and photo editing would be nice too. Unlikely to do any gaming.

    * **If you're gaming, do you have certain games you want to play? At what settings and FPS do you want?**

    Unlikely to do any gaming.

    * **Any specific requirements such as good keyboard, reliable build quality, touch-screen, finger-print reader, optical drive or good input devices (keyboard/touchpad)?**

    Requirements - Good usability is a must (it kind of makes or breaks a laptop for me) so a good keyboard and touchpad. a 1080p Touch screen is also a requirement as well as good and reliable build quality. I would also like to upgrade the laptop whenever I want so having the RAM and storage not soldered into the PCB is important. Thunderbolt ports as well as a good selection of other ports. A port for external video.

    Non requirements but nice to haves - A finger print reader would be lovely to have especially one that has been put on the power button but I can settle with it being separate. A retina scanner would also be cool. A battery indicator similar to what my current Macbook Pro 2012 has or the Dell XPS 15 2in1 has would be useful. A stylus that is housed within the laptop would be great. I would also like the laptop to be charged through the thunderbolt port instead of the traditional barrel plugs.

    * **Leave any finishing thoughts here that you may feel are necessary and beneficial to the discussion.**

    Not a big fan of the aesthetics of gaming laptops or the Lenovo ThinkPad line. I prefer a clean and somewhat minimalist look. Nothing too bold.

    I've taken a look at a couple of 2in1 laptops already and the Lenovo Yoga C930 and Dell XPS 15 2in1 really caught my eye. I like how they look and they have most of the bells and whistles I'd like but I wanted to look at other (potentially cheaper) options as the laptop will be mostly for programming/coding as well as watching movies/content on the internet and it wont be used for gaming.

    submitted by /u/Da1AndOnlyError
    [link] [comments]

    2000 €, 144 Hz, 32gb ram, Good build quality

    Posted: 27 Sep 2018 01:57 PM PDT

    • Total budget and country of purchase: 2k €, Germany

    • Do you prefer a 2 in 1 form factor, good battery life or best specifications for the money? Pick or include any that apply. Best specifications

    • How important is weight and thinness to you? No bulky "gaming"-type laptop

    • Which OS do you require? Windows, Mac, Chrome OS, Linux. Windows

    • Do you have a preferred screen size? If indifferent, put N/A. 15"

    • Are you doing any CAD/video editing/photo editing/gaming? List which programs/games you desire to run. Adobe suite, programming, games

    • If you're gaming, do you have certain games you want to play? At what settings and FPS do you want? 144 hz for Esport titles (Overwatch, CSGo, Rocket League)

    • Any specific requirements such as good keyboard, reliable build quality, touch-screen, finger-print reader, optical drive or good input devices (keyboard/touchpad)? Good keyboard, reliabale build quality, good touchpad

    • Leave any finishing thoughts here that you may feel are necessary and beneficial to the discussion. 32gb ram would be nice

    submitted by /u/JaniRockz
    [link] [comments]

    Aero 15x vs Blade 15 (games&productivity), UK

    Posted: 27 Sep 2018 11:23 PM PDT

    Total budget and country of purchase:

    Do you prefer a 2 in 1 form factor, good battery life or best specifications for the money? Pick or include any that apply:

    How important is weight and thinness to you?

    Which OS do you require? Windows, Mac, Chrome OS, Linux. Windows

    Do you have a preferred screen size? If indifferent, put N/A. 15.6"

    Are you doing any CAD/video editing/photo editing/gaming? List which programs/games you desire to run. After Effects, Lightroom, Blender, games like battlefield, COD, Dead by daylight, and VR for when im home)

    If you're gaming, do you have certain games you want to play? At what settings and FPS do you want? 144+ for FPS, would happily play at low settings to achieve 144 or close.

    Any specific requirements such as good keyboard, reliable build quality, touch-screen, finger-print reader, optical drive or good input devices (keyboard/touchpad)?:trackpad&kb

    Leave any finishing thoughts here that you may feel are necessary and beneficial to the discussion:

    this laptop will be used for various types of productivity and games when i can. color accurate screen is important (color grading), so thats one thing the blade has over the aero, but the aero has better battery and a more ports. storage isnt so much an issue as i would be getting the 512gb ssd in either version, and i do have my external hdd for anything like photos, and some games, so the upgrade-ability on the aero doesnt really matter. i do prefer the razers design, and i know sites like dbrand sell skins for it too which might help with protecting from scratches etc.. i just am unsure of what to get as my machine for travelling and editing and playing on the go.

    thanks in advance peeps

    submitted by /u/HJKLOnAKeyboard
    [link] [comments]

    Is the Acer Swift 3 the best laptop I'm looking for?

    Posted: 27 Sep 2018 04:56 PM PDT

    I've been looking for a budget (under $900 or so) gaming laptop that's not heavy and could run most games on Low to Medium. Is it really the best one?

    submitted by /u/kennkee
    [link] [comments]

    Need help picking a laptop with price range as well.

    Posted: 27 Sep 2018 06:39 PM PDT

    Looking to buy a laptop for college and light gaming. I have a PC to run games on max so im not looking for an overkill laptop, Just something that will do the job. I probably wont be playing any heavy games. Only things like WOW or DOTA or pubg maybe, and also homework. I also will probably be plugged into a power socket most of the time im on the laptop so battery life doesnt matter, nether does speaker quality. Also weight doesnt matter to me but something less flashy would be a plus but ultimately doesn't matter as well. On top of a laptop suggestion i will also be waiting for cyber monday to also see if i can find a deal so keep that in mind. Thank you!!

    Edit update: Anything under 1000$ would be nice. i can go lower or higher if you come up with a compelling information, Looking for the best performance for dollar ratio if possible. Though im also not trying to go over kill with cash if i dont have to.

    submitted by /u/Shaloth
    [link] [comments]

    School laptop with some beefy minimum requirements

    Posted: 27 Sep 2018 09:53 PM PDT

    Hey all, I'm going to be attending an IT program in college starting in January. The school's webpage for the program says that students in the program need to have access to a laptop with the following requirements:

    • Intel i7 (Quad core or higher)
    • Minimum 16 GB of RAM expandable to 32 GB (required in 2nd and 3rd semesters)
    • Minimum 250 GB storage space (SSD preferable)
    • Long battery life (strongly recommended)

    Those specs are damn high to list as minimum requirements, so I suspect that they're just bumped up higher than I'd really need. Either way, I'd like to have something close to what's described just to be safe.

    My budget is ideally $1500-1800 CAD, but it's flexible. Light gaming capabilities are a plus but not necessary for me. Seeing as it's mainly for school, I'd like it to be light and thin enough to be comfortably portable, but that's not a dealbreaker either.

    I want to get the best value for the specs, money wise. Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/dpc3825truth
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel