• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Friday, August 31, 2018

    Phone controlling app needs to be removed for a project, but I can't seem to. Android Help

    Phone controlling app needs to be removed for a project, but I can't seem to. Android Help


    Phone controlling app needs to be removed for a project, but I can't seem to.

    Posted: 31 Aug 2018 06:02 PM PDT

    So. I have a Luna (TGL-800S), I use SK Telecom as my provider. The big issue here is that a little while ago I downloaded this app called "Cookiz" in order to get a museum discount. Unfortunately, I got the child's version and now my phone has SMS disabled, meaning I cannot use Messenger on my phone. The app basically has all permissions including preventing the phone from sleeping, running at startup, draw over apps, disabling screen lock, etc. Basically, I can't uninstall it, and it's got total control over a lot of permissions on my phone. How can I remove the app without harming my phone? If not, then how can I remove the app?

    submitted by /u/CaptainFGOLz
    [link] [comments]

    Note 9 or s9+?

    Posted: 31 Aug 2018 07:06 PM PDT

    I have an s8 right now. But Im wondering which phone to get? My main concern in battery. Its gotta last throughout the day. Like till 5 or 6. So which is best. I want the bigger battery of the note 9 but i like the shape and size of the s9+ (more curver corners) So whats the battery like on both of them? And is the note 9 huge like to big for everage sized hands?
    My next concern is the camera. Obviously both are amazing. But is there a difference?
    Thats about it :)

    submitted by /u/tranosk
    [link] [comments]

    Chinese spyware

    Posted: 31 Aug 2018 10:03 PM PDT

    I hope this isn't something that's been posted 100000 times but I'm thinking of upgrading from my Note 4, but all phones are so expensive and I hate the all glass body design.

    Someone recommend the Huawei Mate 9, which seems great but I don't trust Chinese companies for one second. They don't have a good track history. An example being Blu.

    Is Huawei safe to buy?

    submitted by /u/xAkMoRRoWiNdx
    [link] [comments]

    Why aren't phone manufacturers making metal or plastic phones anymore?

    Posted: 31 Aug 2018 01:54 AM PDT

    I absolutely detest glass-backed phones. They look beautiful the moment you take it out of the box, but the moment you touch it it's covered by fingerprints. You basically have to constantly wipe them clean, or have them in a case. There's also the case with scratches and cracks. Two years ago that was a problem only on the screen side of the phone, now you can get them all over. They are also super slippery, so you basically have to use a case on them so they don't slide off of the table, into outer space if it's windy outside, or out off of your pockets when you sit down.

    submitted by /u/Iescaunare
    [link] [comments]

    Current FB Messenger App has removed ability to turn off vibration?

    Posted: 31 Aug 2018 07:09 PM PDT

    Hi, I am using a OP5T device and I have the latest version of all the apps installed.

    It appears FB messenger has removed the ability to turn off vibration. On the app, the only vibration setting that is visible now is "vibration for free incoming call". It directs me to the android app settings for Messenger as it says (click here for vibrations, etc) but under the android settings menu there is no option for disabling vibration.

    Here are screenshots of all the related menus.

    Does anyone have this issue?

    submitted by /u/WhichChart
    [link] [comments]

    Did Oreo break swipe typing?

    Posted: 31 Aug 2018 10:45 AM PDT

    I just updated to oreo. Using Gboard.

    Swipe is completely broken.

    Example: trying to type the above again using swipe gestures:

    I will will bebe. II. I I WillWas

    Seriously wtf?

    submitted by /u/willyolio
    [link] [comments]

    So many SMS notifications...how to turn of "send" notifications, and having a notification repeat when the SMS app is opened?

    Posted: 31 Aug 2018 09:37 PM PDT

    Wife has a Google Pixel. After the most recent OS update, her SMS notification sound now triggers when sending a SMS. It has also started re-notifying her when she opens Messenger.

    So, she'll receive a notification when the SMS is received, again when she opens Messenger, and even once more when she sends a reply.

    Looked through Settings and have yet to find where all of these settings are located. Any tips?

    submitted by /u/Kruug
    [link] [comments]

    Z5 compact: Firmware question

    Posted: 31 Aug 2018 03:00 PM PDT

    Hello guys!

    I hope i'm in the right place for asking ',

    I acquired an unused Z5 compact (still in seal with accessories and original box) for a good price. I wanted to change my cellphone (a Samsung Alpha) and i know he's getting old, but it's still an upgrade to me.

    Alas, some things didn't went like i expected:

    • The battery seemed to be better before i do any update (i'm on the last now), and i tested today, chargng it fully at 13:30 and it was at 1% at 22h30 around, i used it a fair amount of time for my usuals light tasks.
    • What's wrong with the memory usage, 800mb to 1gb used by android?
    • The heat, it heat really easily.

    For instance, i'm not doing any 'heavy' things on it. I'm texting, calling, using Line Messenger or Whatsapp, and using Opera mini for browsing through the web.. I'm using Stamina system, disabled a lot of app (including the famous Movie Maker just in case) And i was wondering, is there any good firmware for the Z5C, managing it better...?

    And if yes, how i proceed, i'm a complete noob in this field :/

    submitted by /u/KambeiZ
    [link] [comments]

    Android P, pixel xl question. Do not disturb doesnt block all calls.

    Posted: 31 Aug 2018 02:51 PM PDT

    I get a few calls a week that seem to bypass do not disturb. I have it set so only starred contacts can bypass DND and all hours are DND. Is this an error with default phone app or a function of people spoofing or something else?

    submitted by /u/aisflat439
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a way to scan A1 size paper using smartphone/tablet?

    Posted: 31 Aug 2018 08:39 PM PDT

    In the foreseeable future I don't think the company I work at will buy

    the scanner that can scan A1 size paper.

    So is there a way to scan it using smartphone/tablet or any other method?

    (Currently I need to fold it to scan in 4 parts)

    Thank you for any help.

    submitted by /u/Rukegale
    [link] [comments]

    Ticwatch E w/ Pixel?

    Posted: 31 Aug 2018 08:22 PM PDT

    I've done some research on the Ticwatch E, and was curious if anyone has experience with it and a Pixel, if the two are compatible well or not. Those that have the Ticwatch E, please still tell me your pros and cons of it! Thank you!

    submitted by /u/xxshotsyxx
    [link] [comments]

    Is Google's "Find My Mobile" app necessary? Samsung Note 8

    Posted: 31 Aug 2018 08:01 PM PDT

    Hey,

    I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 8 and I have two methods of locating my phone.

    Samsung has their own way to locate your phone on their site.

    The standard Android "Find my phone" works with Google's website, and it is also pretty great.

    However, I have always installed the "Find My MObile" app by Google.

    Is that required? Is it redundant? I know Google has a few redundant apps, like how there's a miniature Google Assistant app you can download but you don't need it if your phone has Assistant.

    submitted by /u/inquirer
    [link] [comments]

    Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge: screen unresponsive after several reboots, is nuclear option necessary?

    Posted: 31 Aug 2018 10:57 AM PDT

    I force rebooted because the phone had stopped responding: first, Reddit stopped responding, so I planned to force stop it from the app folder. After that, I went home (Home button) but then couldn't open the app folder (bottom center) or anything else.

    I have force rebooted (hold down volume key + power button) several times. When I go to log in (I put my fingerprint over the home button), I have to enter the password instead of using my fingerprint because it is the first login since booting. Earlier today, some letters such as "j" were responsive, though I still couldn't log in because some of my password's letters were unresponsive. Currently, none of the screen is responsive, though the home button and volume buttons still respond to triggering login prompt and force rebooting.

    I am considering resetting the phone remotely from Android Device Manager but I would prefer not to since I haven't backed up contacts, etc. (As a computer science major with some IT experience I probably should've so this is my fault obviously.)

    The phone has had no previous signs of malfunction to this degree. I have owned it for roughly 3-4 years and bought it new. Occasionally the screen would glitch into 4 smaller screens with random stripes but pressing any buttons fixed this. It has been dropped a couple times but it has no visible damage outside of normal wear and tear and it has a screen protector and case. Also the headphone jack doesn't work (it is extremely loose and headphones fall out). I suspect the issue is software-based since the touchscreen has shown no previous signs of unresponsiveness outside of the phone getting a little old.

    Version is 7.0 Nougat, I believe, though I currently can't really check because I can't log into the phone.

    Carrier: AT&T.

    Launcher: Google Now (phone came stock with Touchwiz Home I believe)

    Storage: 64GB, roughly 60 GB used

    TL;DR today Reddit app stopped responding, then the whole screen, which has not been fixed by multiple force reboots. Considering Secure & Erase from Android Device Manager.

    Feel free to message/PM/comment any advice/questions, it is appreciated. Thanks

    submitted by /u/threadripperfan
    [link] [comments]

    How do I get all my pictures saved to the same folder from now on?

    Posted: 31 Aug 2018 07:32 PM PDT

    Switched from iPhone X to the Note 8 yesterday. IPhone has all photos saved to the camera roll and then you can move photos to different folders after. Anyway to get a folder as a default?

    Speaking about photos downloaded from facebook/twitter etc.

    submitted by /u/Hype_Magnet
    [link] [comments]

    Can someone explain ADB to me?

    Posted: 31 Aug 2018 03:46 PM PDT

    I have a note 9 and I want to install OnePlus Gestures with the "Navigation bar hider"app. However I need to grant write_secure_settings to the app via ADB.

    Basically I am asking what that entails, what exactly I would be letting this app doing? *I do not mean the process of doing this*, I mean so I can understand what exactly is happening and what I am doing to my phone/giving permission to. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/ExternalYak
    [link] [comments]

    Too much of a load?

    Posted: 31 Aug 2018 07:21 PM PDT

    Hey guys,

    I wanted to use my phone like this, but also have an external ssd connected to it
    would the load be too much?

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/jjcdfour
    [link] [comments]

    Can you unlock the S9+?

    Posted: 31 Aug 2018 11:47 AM PDT

    Wanna upgrade from my s7 edge. Found a few around me that are on different carriers for a good price. How do you carrier unlock these phones? Gonna be using it on straighttalk. My s7 is on its last leg so I gotta upgrade FAST lol

    submitted by /u/Bchamp1995
    [link] [comments]

    Galaxy S7 keeps randomly flashing white?

    Posted: 31 Aug 2018 12:42 PM PDT

    Essentially my phone keeps randomly having these white flashes, it looks like the animation for transitions, like when opening or closing an app, I think I might have some sort of virus?

    It happens like once a day and its not a huge annoyance but it makes me think something is wrong that I should fix as soon as I can. When it happens it can flash about 1-5 times like my phone is trying to open something on its own but it never actually seems to load anything. I'm not sure what to do here and googling it isn't helping me so far.

    submitted by /u/Budborne
    [link] [comments]

    Film trailer notification keeps popping up over and over again. How to stop?

    Posted: 31 Aug 2018 10:58 AM PDT

    I'm getting a notification about a new trailer for the film "Johnny English Strikes Again". If I click to watch or swipe to get rid of it, it comes back again a few hours later. It's driving me nuts.

    The only thing I haven't done is to say I'm not interested in the film or saying it's not useful, but I am interested in the film when I does come out.

    Any ideas?

    Edit: To be clear, it's the Google App which is doing it.

    submitted by /u/itsalllies
    [link] [comments]

    Google assistant in different language from system?

    Posted: 31 Aug 2018 09:38 AM PDT

    I am from Italy, but my mobile phone has to stay in English (long story). Nothing bad so far, apart from the fact that Google assistant doesn't understand roots names Now is there a way to set it to be multilingual, or to set it in Italian without changing system language? Thanks in advance

    submitted by /u/EternalFuri
    [link] [comments]

    Hi my grandma is finding it hard to press buttons on her s5 could anyone recommend a keyboard from the play store for her

    Posted: 31 Aug 2018 06:14 PM PDT

    Oreo screwed up "My Files" and other system apps. Is there a fix?

    Posted: 31 Aug 2018 05:41 PM PDT

    I can't open video or music from within My Files, I can't share files, and if I try to open a picture that I took, Gallery shuts down. I can still watch video with a third party app, and pictures open if I open Gallery first, but this is annoying. Is there patch or something?

    submitted by /u/JohnShipley1969
    [link] [comments]

    Automatically Add Songs to Spotify?

    Posted: 31 Aug 2018 04:37 PM PDT

    Is there a way to get my Pixel 2 to automatically adds songs to a playlist on Spotify when I use Google Assistant to tell me what song is playing? I can't find any system for this, including ITTT.

    submitted by /u/mockduckcompanion
    [link] [comments]

    Do 'always listening' bluetooth headsets exist yet (for calling up "ok google") or is that not a thing?

    Posted: 31 Aug 2018 10:31 AM PDT

    I use a little bluetooth earpiece all the time and it's great, but I'd really like to be able to say OK Google do this while my phone is pocketed and locked and get that command to go through. My current BT earpiece goes into a standby after a while (though it will take Ok Google commands when the phone is active just fine). I realize this is for battery life reasons, but was wondering if there's any small earpieces that listen actively all the time available on the market?

    submitted by /u/TheIndyCity
    [link] [comments]

    Trying to get rooted app installer off of LG V700

    Posted: 31 Aug 2018 04:29 PM PDT

    Unique situation, but a coworker has a box full of android tablet that were written off from his former employer. They are all factory rooted, but some of them have the former employer's apps tied into the zygote. Is there any way that I can get a clean 5.0.2 zygote to replace it? Second problem, is there a way to do this when I can't access files from a USB cord?

    submitted by /u/WolfBoy0612
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel