• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Thursday, May 31, 2018

    Charged for international calls not showing on my call history. Could an app do this? Android Help

    Charged for international calls not showing on my call history. Could an app do this? Android Help


    Charged for international calls not showing on my call history. Could an app do this?

    Posted: 31 May 2018 04:32 PM PDT

    I received a text this morning that my service was being suspended due to $894 in international calls. I looked at my phone history and saw nothing but on my billing its showing multiple calls from 2 AM to 6 AM to a UK toll number 0843. I was not awake at the time and definitely not using my phone as indicated by my call logs.

    Could an app possibly call a number and prevent the call log from showing? Is there a way to access a system log from around that time?

    carrier is Tmobile

    Moto G5 Plus

    Android is version 7.0 patch level april 1st

    edit: heres the snippet from the bill since i was asked https://gyazo.com/6b24e48c6b9121a6e0d5b5cead30722f

    submitted by /u/MLuminos
    [link] [comments]

    Google Assistant without enabling web-history?

    Posted: 31 May 2018 06:46 PM PDT

    Generally happy with my new Android except for one thing: It seems Google is intentionally crippling certain app features if you don't consent to letting them record all of your web history ("Web and App Activity"). Ex. searches do not save locally on the Google Maps app, Google assistant is non-functional.

    I can deal with the absence of these features but I'm curious if anyone knows a workaround?

    submitted by /u/tseakd
    [link] [comments]

    Text selection handles are in the wrong place.

    Posted: 31 May 2018 08:50 AM PDT

    Why is it that, often, when I select text, the markers are nowhere near their intended locations? This has happened to me across multiple phones for years and I've just learned to live with it. Example

    submitted by /u/otacon239
    [link] [comments]

    Something is turning on Bluetooth by itself without my permission

    Posted: 31 May 2018 10:06 PM PDT

    How do i find the culprit and fix this?

    Device: zte zpad, 6.0 mm

    submitted by /u/nahcekimcm
    [link] [comments]

    Galaxy S5 won't charge?

    Posted: 31 May 2018 11:09 AM PDT

    About 2 months ago, I got a new phone (Iphone 7+) after my old S5 stopped charging altogether. It isn't a problem with the battery, as there is another s5 in the house which charges fine, and switching batteries does not affect the charging. Plugging it in to the wall or a pc doesn't change the outcome. When the device is on, nothing happens when it is plugged in, however when it is off, it will flash the charging symbol for a few seconds, then go black for a few seconds. The PC does not recognize the phone being plugged in at all. Although I have a new phone, I would like to try to fix this one as well. I do not care about voiding a warranty, as I have had this for 3 years and own the phone. Any help would be appreciated

    submitted by /u/MrBrenmad
    [link] [comments]

    How do I get my contacts to update in Android Messsages?

    Posted: 31 May 2018 05:03 PM PDT

    I changed a contact's name in the contacts app, but in Android Messages, the old name is still there. How can I update the name in Android messages?

    submitted by /u/reddituserf1
    [link] [comments]

    Distorted Sound and Quiet Voices from earphones

    Posted: 31 May 2018 08:07 PM PDT

    I was casually watch El Chapo from Netflix then all of a sudden the voices started coming from different sides of the earphones and music and sound became distorted. I went on youtube videos and ect and it seems to follow a trend of quiet voices from left to right and really loud music thats distorted. The only way to hear voice properly is to put the volume on full blast but it doesn't stop the problems with the music. I use a Samsung J3 2016 with the standard earphones that comes with the Samsung. Only had for around 3 to 4 months. If you need anymore details please ask and thanks for helping in advance!

    submitted by /u/EyesUp2
    [link] [comments]

    NFC Ring + Tasker = "copied to clipboard"?

    Posted: 31 May 2018 07:42 PM PDT

    I want to be able to tap my NFC Ring to the back of my phone and have my phone copy the text stored on the ring to its clipboard, so it can then be pasted into a form fill box.

    Is this possible (perhaps using Tasker)?

    If not possible, perhaps just have Tasker open the stored text in a simple notepad i could then long press to highlight and copy manually?

    I appreciate any advice/input! :)

    submitted by /u/Afghan_Ninja
    [link] [comments]

    Completely deactivate phone from 'cloud accounts'? (Galaxy S6)

    Posted: 31 May 2018 03:33 PM PDT

    I've been trying to trade my old Galaxy S6 in to Amazon. However, they reject it saying the 'phone is still connected to a cloud account'. I've factory reset the phone and removed the SIM card. Anyone know what more I need to do to completely deactivate the phone?

    submitted by /u/bionic_bagel
    [link] [comments]

    403 Forbidden problem for in-app browsers. Details inside.

    Posted: 31 May 2018 07:12 PM PDT

    So I tried to activate the FXNOW app on my phone. Logged in and selected my TV provider. The problem is, as soon as it redirects me to log onto the provider it disconnects and says 403 Forbidden. Can't open this is Chrome or any other engine since the option is not there. Any other TV provider works as it redirects me to their login page and looks fine, except for mine.

    Using a Moto G⁴ Plus Android 7.0 Nougat.

    submitted by /u/DaLastMeheecan
    [link] [comments]

    Question: Is there a way to change the Lock Screen controls for Spotify?

    Posted: 31 May 2018 06:38 PM PDT

    Coming from an iPhone to a Samsung Galaxy S9+, I am used to a Lock Screen that has an audio scrubber, fast-forward, rewind, and other on-screen controls. Is there a way to get these things for the Android Spotify app? Thanks for any help.

    submitted by /u/Toxxxixx
    [link] [comments]

    Nokia 3 problems

    Posted: 31 May 2018 06:28 PM PDT

    Hello guys, I know that in this sub you usually discuss very expensive phones, but I need some help. I just bought Nokia 3 and I am starting to see some problems. The first was with the camera, but I overcame it with the system update. Second one is about Instagram. I cannot zoom in the stories, and the camera seems very unstable. I move my phone and the screen follows a bit the trajectory, very slowly till it stops. The other is that while in story, and I take a pic, it crops !!! ( I have other questions but forgot) Did anyone had the same problem ? Thank you very much in advance

    submitted by /u/LlamaTheLord
    [link] [comments]

    How do I deodex a rom?

    Posted: 31 May 2018 06:15 PM PDT

    I want to deodex a rom so that I can add signature spoofing to it. Most of the guides online are not applicable to the roms I am using. Can someone help? I don't want to used xposed for signature spoofing, I would like to patch the rom instead. The roms I am considering using are dirty unicorns or carbon os and my device is a pixel xl (marlin).

    submitted by /u/Gooey_Goomy
    [link] [comments]

    Unresponsive buttons in smartphone

    Posted: 31 May 2018 05:31 PM PDT

    Welp, my volume and power keys are about to give up; nothing lasts forever, these keys in particular when you need them.

    While it's quite easy to get around the issue using widgets for volume and double tap to wake the screen up, I was wondering, how am I supposed to turn on the smartphone without the power key, if it's been switched off? Is there a way around that?

    Also, are these keys replaceable/fixable in some way?

    submitted by /u/currynigr
    [link] [comments]

    Has USB-C replaced Micro-USB as the standard phone charge and sync port?

    Posted: 31 May 2018 11:28 AM PDT

    I was under the impression that almost all non-Apple phones used Micro-USB charge and sync ports. When I got my new phone, I was surprised and somewhat nonplussed to find out that it used a USB-C charge and sync port, not a Micro-USB. This has apparent advantages- it's faster both for charging and transferring files, but it also meant that I had to buy a lot of new cords. Anyway, there was no warning on WalMart.com, where I purchased the phone, that the phone used USB-C. I've heard that Samsung uses it. My phone is a Motorola/Lenovo. Is USB-C the new standard?

    submitted by /u/OhioTry
    [link] [comments]

    Android 8.0 update question

    Posted: 31 May 2018 10:40 AM PDT

    When do you think LG phones will get the 8.0 update. My phone is running already on 7.1.2 and I have heard a lot of cool things that come with the new update. If you have any ideas about when you think it will come out for LG's that would be great.

    submitted by /u/Darktoastiscool
    [link] [comments]

    Samsung 2FA and Samsung phones?

    Posted: 31 May 2018 04:22 PM PDT

    I've just noticed that Samsung provides 2FA on their accounts.

    I'm thinking about using 2FA because i have 2FA on everything else that offers it.

    How do Samsung phones deal with 2FA? Do you use app password that's randomly generated by Samsung? Or do Samsung phones ask jut for the 2FA code?

    I'm just double checking before i lock myself out of my Samsung account/phone.

    submitted by /u/reddit_user33
    [link] [comments]

    Galaxy Tab isn't freeing up space even when I move apps to an SD card?

    Posted: 31 May 2018 04:11 PM PDT

    I have a Galaxy Tab A and play quite a few mobile games on it. I got a notification that I was running out of room, so I decided to put in a SD card and move some of my largest games (about 7GB in total) to free up space. However, even after moving all of them, I'm still getting the notif that I'm running low on room? I've tried restarting, I've cleared the cache, but it's still giving me that notification.

    submitted by /u/JapanNoodleLife
    [link] [comments]

    Can you have multiple profiles. Like a power saving profile and a performance profile?

    Posted: 31 May 2018 04:06 PM PDT

    MOTO G4 sound stops working after a couple of minutes

    Posted: 31 May 2018 04:03 PM PDT

    This started today at random, At first i thought it might be due to not doing an update that was prompted a couple days prior, did that and no fix, then tried booting into safe and rebooting which worked but only for less than 5 minutes, tried uninstalling the only app i had installed in the last few weeks, and safe then reboot, same issue, tried clearing the cache, no change, just done a full reset which i thought was working until the sound just stopped again after a few minutes.

    Im at a total loss for what else i can do to fix this after doing a reset, what could be causing this? Really need my phone for work tomorrow. Thanks in advance for any help!

    Additonal Info: Im on Three (UK), had the phone about a bit under 18 months and is in great conditon, speakers work absolutely fine until they just stop for seemingly no reason whatsoever, headphone jack still works fine, im totally bamboozled!

    submitted by /u/skweeky
    [link] [comments]

    Change Date format without switching to English UK

    Posted: 31 May 2018 08:30 AM PDT

    Hello,

    As the title says I would like to change the date format of all the Google applications (Google Keep, Google Calendar, Google Assistant) to the 24 hour format and with Mondays as the first day of week.

    right now it seems that the only possible way of doing it is changing the language to English UK, but I'm not from a English Speaking country and I really have trouble understanding UK English from the assistant, so I don't want to switch language.

    Another option would be to switch to English UK but changing the Assistant accent to a English US one.

    The phone is a Pixel XL

    Thank you!

    submitted by /u/blitzzerg
    [link] [comments]

    How can I change the recents layout?

    Posted: 31 May 2018 03:39 PM PDT

    Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 with Resurection Remix ROM (Oreo) also rooted and using Magisk.

    Really don't like the new recents layout and RR doesn't have any changes that make it better, how do I go about changing it?

    submitted by /u/MMS21
    [link] [comments]

    Oreo Bluetooth notification question ("select the device for media audio")

    Posted: 31 May 2018 11:53 AM PDT

    I just updated my LG G6 to oreo 8.0 and the new permanent notifications are very annoying.

    now whenever I have a bluetooth headset or other device connected I have a permanent notification to "select the device for media audio".

    If I'm listening to audio on my bluetooth headset, I don't need the damn phone to constantly ask me which device I want to play audio on. If I want to disconnect my headset, I just turn it off.

    is there any way to make this thing disappear? Unfortunately I can't root this device (no root is possible on the canadian G6 model)

    I can long press the notification to go to settings but the "event" and "general" categories are selected and greyed out, I can't turn them off here.

    submitted by /u/JeNiqueTaMere
    [link] [comments]

    Send utoob video to my tv?

    Posted: 31 May 2018 03:12 PM PDT

    I have a Samsung smart TV but never hooked it up to wifi.

    Is it possible to send metoob videos to the tv?

    model is un55mu800d and I'm on a note 4 on 6.0.1

    submitted by /u/casemodz
    [link] [comments]

    How can I locate missing files of an app that is taking up 9GB on my Galaxy S6?

    Posted: 31 May 2018 03:01 PM PDT

    I want to find out why an app is taking up so much space and lower the storage usage if possible. The app is called Tik Tok - an extremely popular video sharing app. I used an app called "Storage Analyzer & Disk Usage" and found the culprit is a 9GB folder in my data folder called "com.ss.android.ugc.trill" which contains a single data file of 8.33GB, however when I look at this folder on my computer it says its only 163 MB. Why is this app using so much space and why can't I see it on my PC?

    submitted by /u/Dangerdan79
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel