• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Wednesday, April 18, 2018

    The best version of OneNote on Windows Windows Help

    The best version of OneNote on Windows Windows Help


    The best version of OneNote on Windows

    Posted: 18 Apr 2018 09:44 AM PDT

    What exactly does shieldsup scan?

    Posted: 18 Apr 2018 07:23 PM PDT

    So today I was at my friends house and I ran a scan with my laptop of GRC (shieldsup!) I got back a fail as some ports were closed rather than opened.

    I did do a factory reset of my laptop a couple of days back, would that have messed up anything? is the scanner just scanning my internet provider router box or is it scanning my actual laptop?

    I ran the scan on my phone as well and the results came back the same, can someone help me out with this?

    submitted by /u/DemonLordIncarnated
    [link] [comments]

    Replaced C drive

    Posted: 18 Apr 2018 01:22 PM PDT

    So after a error that sent my c drive to not boot at all I put in the new larger drive I've been wanting to throw in. Can i set my old drive to ve used without loosing the info on it? Ive plugged it in and it's not recognised on disk manager.

    submitted by /u/DresdenlovesLAKings
    [link] [comments]

    U.S. Supreme Court dismisses Microsoft email privacy case

    Posted: 18 Apr 2018 11:16 AM PDT

    Can i still upgrade to 10 from 7 for free?

    Posted: 18 Apr 2018 08:24 AM PDT

    Got a laptop here i just got for free, but has 7 home, can i still upgrade to 10 for free?

    submitted by /u/Silithas
    [link] [comments]

    Computer stuck in a bsod/boot loop and can't boot to a stick

    Posted: 18 Apr 2018 02:08 AM PDT

    Okay so yesterday my pc got caught in a bsod loop, so I installed win 10 on a usb stick and went through this:

    • Set the usb stick as the boot device in UEFI: does not work at all, boots to hard drive (i guess) and bsod appears just like before

    • Disabled secure boot and UEFI all together in bios and set legacy booting: Now the computer manages to boot to the stick (I guess, although I didn't specifically prioritize the stick as a boot device in legacy settings in bios) I see the installation windows 10 logo, low resolution. Then a bsod with NTFS driver error: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGE_AREA And this just loops on and on if I let it be.

    I confirmed that all of my USB ports are indeed working and the stick is working too (tested to boot on it on another computer)

    What is there left to do? Do I have to try to replace my SSD/Harddrives or something?

    Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/matiashaggman
    [link] [comments]

    Change Taskbar to be behind Windows - Any Ideas?

    Posted: 18 Apr 2018 05:26 PM PDT

    I'd like to be able to maximize windows so they fill the screen (i.e. cover the taskbar) or be able to drag windows over the taskbar rather than under. However, I don't want it to automatically hide.

    Are there any utilities or settings to do this?

    Windows 10 Pro x64

    submitted by /u/iforgotmypwagain17
    [link] [comments]

    File transfer from one server, directly to another?

    Posted: 18 Apr 2018 05:12 PM PDT

    Hey guys,

    I am looking at getting another seedbox for my...downloading needs. I also have a remote server at my parents house (originally set up as local Plex) that I maintain. I typically get movies/shows locally and then FTP it to that server. Works great.

    I now want to get a seedbox to do the downloading but it adds another step; having to FTP it to me, THEN to the server. Is there anywhere to file transfer individual files from one remote server to another?

    I do it now via SSH and FTP. I connect via SSH tunnel and then transfer files over "localhost" from any remote location.

    Thanks guys!

    submitted by /u/Tpayne174
    [link] [comments]

    No storage left, can i update windows with an external hard drive?

    Posted: 18 Apr 2018 05:10 PM PDT

    I purchased a laptop about two years ago. Unfortunately i am out of storage. I do have a external hard drive with plenty of storage room. I was hoping someone in this community could give me an article, or step by step process of how i could do this.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/notdelontewest
    [link] [comments]

    No such interface supported problem win 10

    Posted: 18 Apr 2018 06:17 AM PDT

    Explorer doesn't work whenever I try to run it, it says:"No such interface supported", problem with Explorer. Exe . Also start button doesnt work. All other exe files work just fine. Send help :(

    submitted by /u/ULTRAKIN
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for the lightest browser for windows, I already installed most of what google adviced me, no success so far...

    Posted: 18 Apr 2018 12:21 PM PDT

    I'm looking for a very very light browser for windows (ram and cpu), I've tried most of what google adviced me but all of them ended up using 1,5Go+ of ram after few hours on one single tab (no mass tabs opened). The lightest so far has been Maxthon nitro but it cant open several websites (like twitch for exemple). Can you recommand me one ? I dont need any features, the less features the better.

    submitted by /u/fzle75
    [link] [comments]

    Windows 10 update issue

    Posted: 18 Apr 2018 08:20 AM PDT

    So I am having an annoying issue with the recent update. Basically - when the last update Installed, it causes an issue with a game I play where it screws up the sound. It happened before, so I reverted back to the previous version. This fixed my problem and i went on my way. So naturally when this happened again, I did the same thing and went back to previous version. The issue is that now I keep getting the " windows needs to do security updates and update windows" message and it keeps trying to put me back to the newest version, which I don't want to do because the version does not work for me. I want to bypass this or something because I know I only have 10 days to figure it out from the time of update. Any ideas?

    Edit: this is annoying because it keeps running the security update every time I boot up after about 10-15 minutes, I say remind me later, and it's been an endless loop for about 3 days now

    submitted by /u/UncoolDad31
    [link] [comments]

    Onedrive encryption

    Posted: 18 Apr 2018 05:21 AM PDT

    I am trying to encrypt my onedrive contents on 2 desktops running windows 7

    I exited onedrive and i was able to encrypt the folder, subfolder and files on both computers

    And if i save a new file it will encrypt it automatically (green text)

    Restarted onedrive program

    Everything syncs as normal but.... when a new file syncs to the other desktop it appears not encrypted (black text)

    The file is unencrypted but it is inside an encrypted folder, so in your opinion\experiance will it be secure?

    submitted by /u/tlachta
    [link] [comments]

    Restore system image of one Surface Pro to another?

    Posted: 18 Apr 2018 02:32 AM PDT

    I just received a replacement Surface Pro 4 from Microsoft, exactly the same specs as the previous machine. Before I sent off my original device I made a recovery USB and a system image.

    Could anyone provide instructions on the best way to use the original image on the new device? I use my machine for development and need to replicate the system on the new device due to extensive configuration of windows and many installed packages. I have already returned the original device.

    My research indicates it may be possible on an identical machine, can anyone help?

    submitted by /u/Gaping_Maw
    [link] [comments]

    TOP 5 SIGNS THAT INDICATES WINDOW REPLACEMENT IN YOUR HOUSE

    Posted: 18 Apr 2018 04:55 PM PDT

    SoftwareDistribution nearly 2GB and DataStore over 1GB, excessive?

    Posted: 18 Apr 2018 12:25 PM PDT

    I've been experiencing some weird and worrying issues with Windows 7 recently and as part of that I suspected Windows update to be a prime suspect. In running AVG I discovered, from looking at the list of results from the performance scan, that Software Distribution is the largest hog. This isn't the reason I suspect rather a result from looking further into my issues.

    Now I fully understand that the space itself is not a worry so long as I have room on my HDD, however I wonder if this is unusually large and indication of a problem in itself? AVG recons it can reclaim 1.2GB of the nearly 2GB I can see by locating the folder under c:\windows\

    I know the process of deleting is to check no updates are pending and disable the update service then simply delete SoftwareDistribution folder but then that will mess up my update history and cause for a lengthy check from the updates service next time so I only want to do this if it is a logical course of action.

    Anyone care to weigh in? Thank you in advance, much appreciated!

    If it is of any help/interest my PC issues have included problems starting the PC, updates service occasionally not notifying me and once requiring a fix tool downloaded and run, windows claiming not to be genuine today randomly after being idle for a while and some occasional lock-ups. The HDD isn't very old as the original failed and I had it replaced so I doubt that is the issue. I'm the kind of user who runs ccleaner, disk cleanup, defrag, malware, virus scanners.... and backs up his precious files!!

    submitted by /u/mutantmonkey14
    [link] [comments]

    windows 10 update question

    Posted: 18 Apr 2018 10:56 AM PDT

    I tried to help my daughter over the phone w/ the update. She freed up 8gb of space to run the update. She started the process and somewhere along the lines it failed.

    She gave me the laptop to try, and looking at available space she has next to none, which makes me think that the update is fully downloaded, just not installed.

    When I run the app to update windows it tries to download it all over again, which it can't do because all the storage space is used up...

    I don't know where it was downloaded to so I don't know how to clean the space again?

    Any advice??

    submitted by /u/bxman
    [link] [comments]

    Can't reset my PC and many programs won't open

    Posted: 18 Apr 2018 10:25 AM PDT

    Hello!

    So, today I turned on my computer and suddenly, some errors started popping. In addition to that, I tried to open Word and Powerpoint, but another error came out

    In an attempt to solve the problem, I looked up in some forums. In almost all of them it recommended me reinstalling Microsoft Visual C++(of which I have literally 12 different versions) and as I went to open up the .exe, I had ANOTHER error. Apparently .exes' don't work either...

    Seeing that I had so many problems I decided that the best option was to factory reset my PC, so I reset my computer while pressing shift to get to the advanced startup options and I clicked on the option that would delete everything from my computer, including all it's files. But I couldn't do this either because 3 minutes after the process had begun, it said that it was undoing the changes and after that, it took me to a page that said "Reset this PC. There was a problem resetting your PC. No changes were made"

    I really want to reset my PC to get ride of all these problems so any help would be much appreciated. I will upload a photo of all the error I've up until now

    I've also tried typing the following things in the command prompt (running as admin), but wither nothing happens or it tells me it can't do the task

    sxstrace Parse -logfile:SxSTrace.etl -outfile:SxSTrace.txt

    %windir%\system32\SxSTrace.txt (nothing happens)

    Sfc /scannow (it says: "windows resource protection could not start the repair system)

    sfc /scannow /offbootdir=c:\ /offwindir=c:\windows (it says: "The arguments passed to sfc are invalid. The offline windows directory specified points to the online system.")

    Also, the error I've been getting are the following When turning pc on, one after another: - the exception unknown software exception (0xc06d007e) occurred in the application at location 0x0000000073FF08C2 - the exception unknown software exception (0xc06d007e) occurred in the application at location 0x0000000074E308C2 - the instruction at 0x000000f63505 referenced memoryat 0x000000000000000000. the memory could not be written

    When trying to run a program like word or powerpoint or a .exe: - the application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect (I've tried running sxstrace.exe but nothing happens)

    When trying to run avast anti-virus: -The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0150002)

    Thank you for your time!

    submitted by /u/nicsbarrera
    [link] [comments]

    Video editing MTS format

    Posted: 18 Apr 2018 06:27 AM PDT

    I'm supposed to be editing a video for a class. Nothing special, just cropping it down. The file is in MTS format.

    submitted by /u/ScreamYouFreak
    [link] [comments]

    I'm having a problem to activate Windows 10

    Posted: 18 Apr 2018 09:56 AM PDT

    A few years ago I bought a computer from a relatively big Norwegian company. The computer worked fine up until a couple weeks ago, when it started nagging about Windows not being activated. When I try to activate it I get error code: 0x8007007B. Anyone who can help?

    submitted by /u/Beto1310
    [link] [comments]

    Icons on taskbar blurry?

    Posted: 18 Apr 2018 12:40 AM PDT

    Hello! I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit.

    I have problem about using custom icons. Icons in taskbar, folder and alt+tab (it's looks to a bit little small and blurry)

    Example photo,

    https://i.imgur.com/vAxsmtQ.png

    This icon

    Another photo with different steam icon (blurry)

    https://i.imgur.com/k9XIibQ.png

    This icon

    When i changed default game and folder icons to custom icons they're looks to blurry in alt+tab and taskbar.

    How to fix this?

    submitted by /u/Academic3
    [link] [comments]

    Manual Cumulative Update for W10

    Posted: 18 Apr 2018 05:15 AM PDT

    Hi guys,

    I am having trouble updating my Windows 10. I don't want to use Windows Update (have disabled the service) and I am on a metered connection.

    I tried downloading the cumulative 1709 update (currently on 1703) and when opening the install file, it says "The update doesn't apply to your computer". I made sure to download an x64 package (cf screenshot).

    Can you guys help me pinpoint the problem? THanks!!

    Screenshots

    submitted by /u/Changuel_30dt
    [link] [comments]

    How to permanently disable Windows Defender

    Posted: 18 Apr 2018 02:07 PM PDT

    Any fix for the black screen of death with cursor yet?

    Posted: 18 Apr 2018 04:11 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel