• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Tuesday, April 17, 2018

    So I've disabled Windows Defender, and yet it is using 1.6Gb of RAM. Anyone know a fix for this? Tech Support

    So I've disabled Windows Defender, and yet it is using 1.6Gb of RAM. Anyone know a fix for this? Tech Support


    So I've disabled Windows Defender, and yet it is using 1.6Gb of RAM. Anyone know a fix for this?

    Posted: 16 Apr 2018 06:23 PM PDT

    Here's the task manager screenshot. I do have malewarebytes, but not the full version so it is not active unless I run it. Any help is much appreciated!

    submitted by /u/Treeninja1999
    [link] [comments]

    I get a blue screen of death every time my computer boots from my SSD. Please help me.

    Posted: 16 Apr 2018 07:45 PM PDT

    So a little back story here

    https://www.reddit.com/r/techsupport/comments/8crb3s/open_im_an_idiot_i_just_ordered_a_new_computer/

    To summarize what just happened: My old computer has two drives, an SSD and an HDD. I ordered a new computer cause i was having a ton of issues with my old one. So the computer arrives and I simply hook up the SSD from my old computer into my new computer and booted windows from the SSD and it worked for a short while until I decided to format the HDD that came with the new computer (this is where i fucked up really badly).

    I reboot the computer and am greeted with a blue screen. I remove the SSD (i was afraid i would accidentally erase my data) and re install windows onto the HDD that came with the new pc. Computer is now running normally however.

    Now I get a blue screen when I try to boot windows from my SSD on my old pc. I can still access the files when I boot from my other drive.

    Is my SSD now broken? I tried using the windows repair tool to fix it but it didn't work.

    I'm not quite sure what to do now.

    To clarify there are a total of three drives i'm talking about The SSD (the one i fucked up), My HDD in my old PC, and the HDD in my new PC

    submitted by /u/TheAmazingTaco
    [link] [comments]

    Powerline networking in Japan

    Posted: 16 Apr 2018 06:48 PM PDT

    I have recently moved to Japan and I need a wired internet connection to work. I was wondering if powerline networking will work here. Also does anyone know where I could buy one in Fukuoka?

    submitted by /u/FlookyinJapan
    [link] [comments]

    Unable to format microSD card after failed encryption

    Posted: 16 Apr 2018 09:38 PM PDT

    I was in the process of encrypting my microSD card via my Note 8 when my phone restarted on itself but in the process it caused this catch-22 where the card is stuck between being encrypted and unencrypted. It prompts me to Decrypt the card but it says its unable to yet when I try to format through various methods on PC, the files reappear. At this point I already have the content backed up and I just want to get the card working again. I tried formatting partitions and using programs on PC, deleting files, double-checking to make sure things aren't read only, and so on. Any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/xXGrizzleXx
    [link] [comments]

    How do I remove 7-zip as a default program back to "Choose a default"?

    Posted: 16 Apr 2018 03:59 PM PDT

    I want to remove 7-zip from opening a .backup extension file but every time I reset default programs it goes back to 7-zip as the default program. I've also tried uninstalling then installing but it goes back to 7-zip.

    https://i.imgur.com/uxZw4Zg.png

    submitted by /u/Trongs
    [link] [comments]

    Unusual items in the cast list

    Posted: 17 Apr 2018 01:36 AM PDT

    Hi there,

    When I go to cast from YouTube to one of my Chromecast I seem to be picking up some devices named 29a8. Does anyone know what these could be?

    submitted by /u/H3ndr1ks
    [link] [comments]

    UPnP or Port forwarding

    Posted: 16 Apr 2018 09:47 PM PDT

    UPnP or Port forwarding or DMZ

    I have been using UPnP on my arris router and it's working great but I was wanting to make a server for games and was wondering if I would have to disable UPnP just to make a server and only use port forwarding. I'm asking this cause UPnP has been enabled on the router ever since I got it and I could not find the port forwarding option, I would test this out but I have other people on my wifi at the moment who would get mad sooo :\

    Any help would be much-appreciated thanks!

    submitted by /u/SirKoolaid
    [link] [comments]

    Nighthawk R7000 troubles

    Posted: 16 Apr 2018 01:47 PM PDT

    I've had no issue with my router for a month, since I bought it. Last night my girlfriend accidentally unplugged it, so she plugged it back in and now I have no internet access. The router is broadcasting WiFi networks, but without internet access. I tried turning both the modem and the router off, and then rebooting first the modem, and then the router. No luck. I also tried using the reset button at the back of the router. Still no luck. I need help with this one.

    submitted by /u/austinamnija
    [link] [comments]

    All my songs are doubled? Taking up a ton of space.

    Posted: 16 Apr 2018 06:43 PM PDT

    Music> iTunes library> Music This above folder lists all the artists in my library. Clicking an artist leads to albums which leads to individual songs. The songs are in the album folders twice sometimes three times. How can I remove the duplicates without clicking through the 10s of thousands of albums and manually removing them?

    I have no idea how this happened.

    submitted by /u/Kuraikurasu
    [link] [comments]

    Computer lag spike

    Posted: 17 Apr 2018 04:15 AM PDT

    So for some reason my desktop pc gives a short lag spike about every second. This happens in games, but it also happens when simply dragging arround a window, like a browser or the explorer. It seems to be a hardware issue, since this has persisted through formatting my computer. I have no idea what piece of hardware is causing this, but I'll list my specs below. If anyone knows how I can test this, it would be much appreciated :)

    Specs:

    CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K

    GPU: Geforce GTX 1070

    RAM: 16 Gb DDR3

    Motherboard: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming

    Two 1-Tb HDD's and a system SSD

    submitted by /u/esbenjd
    [link] [comments]

    Installing Windows on a new hard drive without a disc

    Posted: 17 Apr 2018 04:06 AM PDT

    So my mom's laptop's hard drive took a dump and I need to install a new one. It came pre-loaded with Windows 10, but no installation disc. Is there any way to get the existing copy on to a new hard drive, or do I have to purchase a new copy?

    submitted by /u/undertakerfreak1127
    [link] [comments]

    Packet Loss, I think.

    Posted: 17 Apr 2018 04:01 AM PDT

    So I've been having really inconsistent wireless connection on multiple devices recently, it's most apparent when streaming or playing games with constant buffering or time outs. Just for clarification my internet is 50/20Mbps, and previously had no issues doing these tasks.

    I tried running some tests, the picture is from a device directly plugged into the modem.

    https://imgur.com/a/dEp31

    Just wanted to know if anyone had encountered this kind of issue before, and how to work out if it's on my end or my ISP's.

    submitted by /u/idlekick
    [link] [comments]

    Can I use mouse and keyboard on tv

    Posted: 17 Apr 2018 04:00 AM PDT

    Hi I was wondering if I could use a mouse and keyboard connected to my ps4 while the ps4 is connected to a tv not a monitor would it work or would there be too much input lag

    submitted by /u/Felix_edward
    [link] [comments]

    PC suddenly freeze, hard reset, can't boot (no BIOS splash screen), then it suddenly works

    Posted: 17 Apr 2018 03:57 AM PDT

    This happened twice, where suddenly the pc will freeze (both times, I was only doing light work such as powerpoint, internet browsing).

    My inputs will stop working too. Then I have to hard reset. After that, I can't boot back into the system. No splash screen of bios, just no signal of monitor.

    I tried steps like remove/put back cmos battery, change ram slot, connect monitor on mobo graphics.

    On the 1st instance, my troubleshoot leads me to hdd problem. I tried an empty SSD to see if there are any changes and it shows AMERICAN MEGATRENDS screen. Then, I tried my HDD back on then it suddenly works.

    Same thing happened to me on the 2nd time. I try with SSD, it shows BIOS splash screen, then I even try to boot a windows 10 flash drive. It is working. But then I plug the HDD back in again, and it's working.

    I am using it right now as I write this. I don't know what is the real culprit here, I just bought a new HDD then the old one suddenly works again.

    Am I getting something wrong here? What could be the culprit? Could it be the mobo or PSU?

    I've searched across the web but the answers seems to be case specific.

    Summary Operating System Windows 10 Pro 64-bit CPU Intel Core i5 6400 @ 2.70GHz 34 °C Skylake 14nm Technology RAM 8.00GB Single-Channel Unknown @ 1064MHz (15-15-15-32) Motherboard ECS H110M4-C2H (U3E1) 37 °C Graphics 4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti (ZOTAC International) 34 °C Storage 931GB Seagate ST31000524AS (SATA)

    submitted by /u/danjohn27
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a PSU power cord that just works with any psu?

    Posted: 16 Apr 2018 04:35 PM PDT

    Like as long as it fits it's good enough?

    submitted by /u/OverlookeDEnT
    [link] [comments]

    will high temperature spikes cause long-term damage to my CPU?

    Posted: 17 Apr 2018 03:52 AM PDT

    I've heard that any temperatures over 80 degrees is usually not beneficial to a CPU, my asus laptop has a i7-8550u core, and when playing a game such as Overwatch, the temperatures are usually around 70-75 degrees celsius, though on loading screens It occasionally spikes to over 90 degrees! So far, though, I have not seen any immediate negative effects on my laptop, no performance drops, crashes or BSODs related to temperature, but I'm not sure if such spikes will cause some form of long term damage to my CPU and laptop in general, I'm hoping to keep this for at least two to three years, if not more.

    Any insight is much appreciated, I am able to take measures to reduce the temperatures should they be harmful.

    submitted by /u/thewrener
    [link] [comments]

    Static Shock from PC Causing Front Audio Jacks to Stop Working

    Posted: 16 Apr 2018 06:47 PM PDT

    The issue I am having is that when I went to turn on my computer I was given a shock from the power button. This has been happening for a little while now so I didn't suspect anything had happened. I turned on my computer to find that the front headphone and microphone jacks no longer work, with the headphone jack producing a lot of white noise through the headset.

    I am trying to solve this issue, as broken headphone jacks could be resolved because I should still be in the warranty, but I would rather not have this happen again. The headset that I am using is the Logitech G430. My case is the NZXT H440, so the top cover can be removed. Having turned off the power I checked to make sure no wires may have just fallen loose by chance, they appeared to be alright, but I pushed them in just to be sure. After turning my computer back on, nothing had changed.

    I have verified that my headset is not the issue by using my phone with the headphone aux cable, as well as the USB adapter that came with the headset, and on top of that, using another headset. The USB adapter registers sound fine, but the audio jacks do not. My motherboard is the Gigabyte Z270X-Ultra-Gaming, with an i5-7600k inside. My GPU is an MSI GTX-1060 3gb. My power supply is the EVGA 650 GQ. I don't believe my power supply would be at fault though because it is an 80+ gold certified PSU. I'm running Windows 10, and have the Realtek software installed, if that would make any difference.

    submitted by /u/ICantCountHelp
    [link] [comments]

    How to remove customer support virus PC

    Posted: 16 Apr 2018 09:31 PM PDT

    Okay so I have a virus on my PC and basically it's still windows 7 i think(80%sure) anyways everytime I start it up it says customer support and has a number to it and then starts loading and has a start option which wont let me access my desktop any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/DopePaco
    [link] [comments]

    I (probably) broke my corsair K70 by hitting it like a monkey

    Posted: 17 Apr 2018 03:27 AM PDT

    Long story short, i'm a fucking idiot... i'm usually a rather calm person, but when it comes to video games, i get way to easily angry for no reason... and i end up hitting my keyboard. I'm terribly ashamed by that but i can't seem to do anything about it... But that's not the problem, yesterday, i went full retard and hit it again, and since, it doesn't work anymore, even though the leds still light up. It's probably dead, but i'm still asking if there are any way to repair it... Thanks a lot

    submitted by /u/N-othingToS-ay
    [link] [comments]

    Razer keyboard and mouse inputs freezing

    Posted: 17 Apr 2018 03:22 AM PDT

    Hey guys, hopefully the title hasn't made you roll your eyes too much as I've recently learned the Razer equipment is a pain in the ass.

    The devices are a Razer Mamba mouse and Razer Blackwidow Ultimate keyboard. I'm using Windows 10.

    For a while now, I've noticed that my mouse occassionally gets stuck on the screen, which I assumed at the time was just the result of a mediocre mousemat. However in the last few days I've tried a couple of games where my inputs completely lockup from both my mouse AND my keyboard for 2 seconds at a time, and this happens every 15-30 seconds. It makes a lot of games absolutely impossible to play.

    ...apparently it ocassionally happens on my desktop too, since that just came out as impossible to pppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppplay. Heh. I know the keyboard issue is recent as I use the computer for work and would definitely have noticed random keyboard freezes while typing.

    I've tried another mouse and keyboard - no issue whatsoever. I've also tried the Razer mouse and keyboard on a different machine on one of games where the issues were very pronounced - Killing Floor 2. Again, no issue. I thought the issue was tied to exertion and only happening on demanding games, but it was pronounced on a Diablo II mod and is now happening on the desktop with very little going on. I would use the alternative keyboard and mouse, but honestly they are seriously cheap & nasty compared to the the Razer stuff and after over 3 years they feel really awkward to use.

    I've searched around online and tried all sorts of things. Some advice was to redownload Razer Synapse (which until now I haven't been using because I hate it) but if anything that made the issue worse. I've also followed advice to prevent Windows from turning the USB ports off to save power which is apparently the cause sometimes - no change.

    As far as I can tell the drivers are up to date, although I'm not 100% sure how to check and am baffled that Synapse doesn't do that if they are not (what is the point of this bloody programme, seriously).

    Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/Bad_Neighbour
    [link] [comments]

    Fix Toshiba Recovery Partition

    Posted: 17 Apr 2018 03:21 AM PDT

    Hi, i need help fixing a toshiba recovery partiton as my friend found a laptop on the side of the road and it was upgraded to Windows 10. Well the recovery partition is still there and the images are there as well. I cant boot to it and i the BIOS does not see it as well. What can i do or is a clean install the only way?

    submitted by /u/Dudefoxlive
    [link] [comments]

    YouTube Videos start stuttering until complete stop to buffering.

    Posted: 17 Apr 2018 03:14 AM PDT

    It won't play the video until i reload the site. Also, as soon as i jump twice or more between times in a video it just keeps buffering and won't play anymore until i reload the site.

    Currently watching "Don't play this game 2.0" by markiplier, and every 5 minutes or so it starts stuttering (Audio keeps playing perfectly) and then stops and buffers endless.

    I have no internet connectino problems at all, the video is buffered for ~ 2 more minutes at all times even when it stops and "buffers". Using Chrome.

    https://i.imgur.com/opnvGL9.png screenshot of the video + that it's buffering even though it has buffered enough. Switching between 140p and 1080p fixes it for a few minutes again, or doesn't it's like 50 / 50 chance.

    It's just really annoying.

    submitted by /u/Blubbpaule
    [link] [comments]

    How do I reinstall Windows 10 on a low end Nuvision/TMax tablet?

    Posted: 17 Apr 2018 03:02 AM PDT

    I bought one of those cheap low end Windows tablets (model TM800W610L) thinking it would be good for basic tasks. It came with an older version of Win 10 and spent a long time trying to install updates, before getting stuck. Now it only boots to an error screen telling me I need to perform a system recovery (error code 0XC000000F).

    I've tried attaching a Win 10 recovery USB stick, but it just ignores it and goes straight to the same error screen. With a USB keyboard attached I can get into the Bios settings, but can't see anything helpful in there - I guess there's no way to simply restore to factory settings like you can with an Android tablet.

    I'm at a loss - I wasn't expecting much from this device, but it would be nice if I could just make it work.

    submitted by /u/lconcannon
    [link] [comments]

    New RAM works in one computer but not the other

    Posted: 16 Apr 2018 05:17 PM PDT

    My main computer has this ram: Corsair CMK16GX4M2A2666C16R Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4-2666 CL16

    I bought another identical set to go up to 32GB.

    The computer wouldn't start. It's fans spin up then spin back down, repeatedly. No POST, no screen turning on, no BIOS.

    I removed everything that isn't necessary and reseated everything else. I cleared the CMOS (removed battery for >5mins). I put only a single piece of the new RAM in and it had the same problem. Single piece of the old RAM and it works fine.

    All signs point to faulty RAM but they work in my second PC.

    submitted by /u/vaei-
    [link] [comments]

    Lost Bitlocker Key

    Posted: 17 Apr 2018 02:50 AM PDT

    After booting my Dell laptop, I got a blue screen asking for my Bitlocker key. Which is a little bit weird, because no Windows updates or BIOS updates where applied, no system changes where made. I went looking for my Bitlocker key on my Microsoft account but none where saved.

    Is there any way to access or decrypt my drive? I found some articles about Intel AMT MEBx Bypass, but if I understand correctly to access my Dell remotely after using the vulnerability, I need to be booted in Windows which isn't possible due to the Bitlocker screen.

    submitted by /u/niels_hendrickx
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel