• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Saturday, April 21, 2018

    Simple Questions - April 21, 2018

    Simple Questions - April 21, 2018


    Simple Questions - April 21, 2018

    Posted: 21 Apr 2018 05:13 AM PDT

    This thread is for simple questions that don't warrant their own thread (although we strongly suggest checking the sidebar and the wiki before posting!). Please don't post involved questions that are better suited to a [Build Help], [Build Ready] or [Build Complete] post. Examples of questions:

    • Is this RAM compatible with my motherboard?
    • I'm thinking of getting a GTX 1070. Which one should I get?
    • I'm on a very tight budget and I'm looking for a case < $50

    Remember that Discord is great places to ask quick questions as well: http://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/wiki/livechat

    Important: Downvotes are strongly discouraged in this thread. Sorting by new is strongly encouraged.

    Have a question about the subreddit or otherwise for /r/buildapc mods? We welcome your mod mail!

    Looking for all the Simple Questions threads? Want an easy way to locate today's thread? This link is now in the sidebar below the yellow Rules section.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Thank you for helping me build a budget pc

    Posted: 21 Apr 2018 04:11 AM PDT

    I am poor but was given an ssd, gpu, and a ram
    here's my final build
    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

    Type Item Price
    CPU Intel - Pentium Gold G5400 3.7GHz Dual-Core OEM/Tray Processor $71.76 @ Newegg Marketplace
    Motherboard Gigabyte - H310M DS2V Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard -
    Memory Crucial - 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory $80.39 @ OutletPC
    Storage SanDisk - SSD PLUS 480GB 2.5" Solid State Drive $124.89 @ OutletPC
    Storage Seagate - BarraCuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $44.18 @ OutletPC
    Video Card Palit - GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB StormX Video Card -
    Power Supply SeaSonic - S12II 520W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply $42.99 @ SuperBiiz
    Monitor LG - 22MP47HQ 21.5" 1920x1080 60Hz Monitor -
    Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
    Total $364.21
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-04-21 07:07 EDT-0400

    case is : https://www.rakk.ph/Rakk-Hawani-Gaming-Case-Black/n/cfb127025847d9a6f388b59608a52ab243aef9d7.html

    special thanks to:
    /u/Egleu
    /u/coololly - sorry couldnt afford the ryzen build maybe if i wasnt given a gpu

    next step: buy a fan. so far the system isnt heating up

    submitted by /u/trepiwansi
    [link] [comments]

    First PC Upgrade in 7 years is finished. Decided to go all out.

    Posted: 21 Apr 2018 08:54 AM PDT

    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

    Type Item Price
    CPU Intel - Core i5-8600K 3.6GHz 6-Core Processor $329.95
    CPU Cooler NZXT - Kraken X62 Liquid CPU Cooler $151.95
    Motherboard MSI - Z370 SLI PLUS ATX LGA1151 Motherboard $211.00
    Memory Corsair - Vengeance RGB 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3466 Memory $321.00
    Storage OCZ - Agility 3 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive $0.00
    Storage Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive $321.50
    Storage Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 1TB 2.5" Solid State Drive $316.00
    Video Card MSI - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB GAMING X Video Card $1120.00
    Case Fractal Design - Define R6 Black TG ATX Mid Tower Case $197.80
    Power Supply Corsair - RMx 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply $139.00
    Case Fan NZXT - Aer RGB140 (3-pack) 71.6 CFM 140mm Fans $102.00
    Case Fan Corsair - LL140 RGB LED 43.2 CFM 120mm Fan $37.00
    Case Fan Corsair - LL140 RGB LED 43.2 CFM 120mm Fan $37.00
    Monitor Acer - Predator XB271HUA 27.0" 2560x1440 165Hz Monitor $615.00
    Keyboard SteelSeries - Apex M750 Wired Gaming Keyboard $209.00
    Mouse SteelSeries - Rival 600 Wired Optical Mouse $110.00
    Headphones SteelSeries - Arctis 7 Headset $197.00
    Other Corsair Premium PSU Cable Kit Pro Package Red/Black $94.00
    Total $4509.20

    After my 2011 PC finally died on me I decided to go all out on my newest PC. I figured I'd do it properly this time considering my old PC was the 2nd I've ever built, while I've gained a lot of experience building PC's for my friends since then.

    Notes:

    • Computer parts are a lot cheaper in the US compared to Denmark! (with the exception of GPU's I guess).

    • Cable management is surprisingly easy with a modular PSU (until you add RGB fans).

    • Buying RAM at these prices is not fun.

    • In hindsight, RGB wasn't really necessary, and while It's fun to have, I probably won't try it again.

    • That being said, I should have stuck with either NZXT or Corsair for my RGB needs. Having 2 RGB controllers and both NZXT CAM and Corsair LINK is a bit annoying.

    • Thank you, /r/buildapc, for convincing me to get a 1440p 144hz monitor instead of a 1080p one, can't imagine ever going back now!

    Images:

    https://i.imgur.com/r5JkWp7.jpg

    https://i.imgur.com/HCy9bu0.jpg

    Not pictured: the ball of cables hidden away below the heatsink

    submitted by /u/Flaccid_Moose
    [link] [comments]

    What are the Advances In PC Tech Coming this Year

    Posted: 21 Apr 2018 10:50 AM PDT

    I want to build my first high end gaming PC to play some of the games coming this fall (Battlefield 2018, Forza Horizon 4, and Read Dead 2) will it be worth it to build the computer over the summer or wait until some new parts come out such as the GTX 2080 or 4K 144hz monitors?

    submitted by /u/patcos28
    [link] [comments]

    I just got a 1060 6GB in the mail for no reason?

    Posted: 21 Apr 2018 11:02 AM PDT

    A little back story first.

    I bought an Asus 1060 6GB about a year ago through Amazon. Two months later and it just flat out died for no reason while using it. Did some troubleshooting and couldn't figure anything out. I sent an e-mail to Asus explaining what had happened as well as filling out an RMA form. A few weeks go by and I hear nothing from Asus. I then decided to contact Amazon support to see if they could do anything for me. I was doubtful about it because I didn't get a warranty on the card and this was about the time that GPU prices were astronomical. The same card was selling for close to $600 brand new. I explained to Amazon what happened with the GPU and they pretty much said, "no problem, we sent you the same exact GPU with one day shipping. All you have to do is send us back the GPU that isn't working". I was kind of floored that they did that for me considering the price of a brand new 1060 6GB.

    It is now close to 10 months after I e-mailed Asus about the problem. I still have not heard anything back from them. I get home from running some errands today and my girlfriend says to me, "Hey, a package came in the mail for you". I wasn't expecting any kind of packages so I was a little confused. Opened it up, and there's an Asus 1060 6GB. The same exact card I already have. WTF?

    Did Asus finally get around to sending me another GPU? It's the only thing I can think of. Like I said, I still have yet to hear back from Asus. Do I just hang on to it in case Asus realizes what happened?

    TLDR: Bought an Asus GPU through Amazon. GPU just stopped working so I e-mailed Asus about it. Didn't hear anything back so I contacted Amazon. They hooked me up with a new GPU as long as I sent them back the broken one. Ten months later and I get another GPU in the mail for what seems like no reason. Still haven't heard back from Asus.

    submitted by /u/kshucker
    [link] [comments]

    Motherboard(s) not posting at all. Tried basically everything I could come up with.

    Posted: 21 Apr 2018 07:01 AM PDT

    So after lots of testing and trial and error I have finally reached a point where I could only imagine that I oversaw something significant or that I have a motherboard that kills CPUs / a CPU that kills motherboards.

    I have a i5-4670k, a i5-4660, a ASUS z87m plus, a ASRock z97Annyversary, 32GB of DDR3 RAM, a shitty OEM PSU and a good and almost new Corsair RM850x.

    The problem is that now I have no variation of parts that works or even just posts. It all started with the ASUS z87m plus. One day it would just refuse to POST or do anything really.

    Things it still does are spinning the fans, lighting the power LED when power is connected and responding to the start up short of the front IO pins by starting the fans and supplying Vcore/VCCIN. The fan even responds to the heating up of the CPU. Same goes for the ASRock board.

    Things I have tried:

    • swapping RAM around / no RAM
    • changing CPUs
    • changing motherboards
    • clear CMOS
    • changing PSUs
    • booting outside of the cases
    • trying to run the boards without a CPU (results in them doing exactly nothing)
    • different displays
    • no USB device attached
    • USB devices attached
    • no drives attached
    • reseating CPUs
    • checked the board for broken components
    • checked the PSUs that they are supplying 3.3V, 5V and 12V
    • checking the sockets for bent pins

    I'm now completely clueless what I could and should try next. It would be great if somebody could give me any ideas and yes in hindsight it was a really bad call to insert the working CPU in the could be bad motherboard.

    submitted by /u/TheAlibiks
    [link] [comments]

    2700x vs 8700k... or get a 2600x and hope AM4's last CPUs are good enough?

    Posted: 21 Apr 2018 03:28 PM PDT

    Hi everyone!

    I almost never, ever post on reddit, and never imagined I would be asking for PC building advice, but I've been agonizing over a potential CPU upgrade for the last few months now and still can't make up my mind. So... here I am!

    First, what I'm currently using:

    • 3570K @ 4.2ghz (no issues other than it being old)
    • GTX 1060 6GB
    • 20GB DDR3 (obviously) ram; 2x8GB and a salvaged 4GB stick I thought would be useful due to the nature of my work (not so much anymore)
    • An EVO 250gb and a 2TB Firecuda
    • A sidepanel-less Antec nine hundred that has been passed down from generation to generation since men walked the earth
    • Some budget Gigabyte motherboard that prefers to remain anonymous
    • A 750W Corsair PSU I got for a really good price
    • A 27 inch 144hz 1080p AOC monitor
    • An awful, awful 32 inch TV with shit refresh rate and a 1300-something resolution (not even going to bother looking up the exact numbers, it doesn't deserve that much attention) that serves as both an eyesore and a second 'monitor'

    Not the best, not the worst, somewhat of a frankenstein, but hey--it works. After building a few of my friends new computers in the last year however, along with playing hours of Battlefield 1 + recently coming back to WoW, I feel it's finally time to upgrade (certainly helps that I now actually make money). So, with the goal of essentially building an entirely new computer, I lurked the buildapcscales reddit and scoured retailer sales for a long time and acquired most of the pieces needed to build a new computer:

    • Case: Fractal Design Define S w/ window ($49.99)
    • PSU: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 750FX Full Modular ($79.99)
    • SSD: ADATA Ultimate SU800 2.5" 512GB ($101.99)
    • No HDD or SSHD (might steal the 2TB SSHD I'm currently using just for extra space)
    • RAM: GeIL Super Luce 16GB (2x8) 3000mhz CL16 ($144.41)
    • GPU: My GTX 1060 6GB

    Now, for what I don't have:

    • CPU: 2700x ($329.99) vs 8700k ($349.99) vs 2600x ($229.99)
    • Cooler: None if going 2700x or 2600x, Thermalright True Spirit 140/something equivalent (~$40-50) if going 8700K
    • MOBO: Asus TUF x470 ($159.99) or some marginally cheaper z370 thang (~$120-150)

    What I do with my computer:

    • My job generally has me with 2+ IDEs open (2 instances of Webstorm + Datagrip, and others occasionally), 20-40 chrome tabs open, and 4 terminals inside Cmder with two of them for live recompiling/serving, Slack, Hangouts, Discord, and Plex Media Server (doesn't get used much so not a big concern).
    • I don't do any audio/video editing, and I don't stream.
    • The games I play: Overwatch, World of Warcraft (I'm a filthy casual now, i.e. I don't raid), Battlefield 1, and the occasional single player game (still have The Witcher 3 installed, haven't touched it yet)

    The 'issues' that prompted a desire to upgrade:

    • I hate having to close every single work-related programs to make sure I get no hiccups when popping into OW/WoW. Less relevant for BF1/Single-player games as I rarely tab out of those to squeak in some extra work in there, but still.
    • My computer slows to a crawl whenever Webstorm is indexing. Not quite sure if a new CPU will help, but it sure can't hurt.
    • My BF1 experience was getting getting very frustrating (first world problems, I know). Peaks of 90FPS, down to lows of 10-20FPS.
    • WoW is starting to suffer as well with all the graphical updates they've done in the last two expansions. 30-50FPS in cities, and spikes here and there that make the experience a lot less enjoyable
    • I would love to be able to pop in a single-player game like The Witcher 3 or Rise of the Tomb Raider without feeling like I'm playing in mud
    • I need my new CPU to be good enough so that, when I finally make the leap to 1440p and upgrade my GPU, I can still drive games to 100-144+ FPS reliably.

    So, with all of that said, this is my current line of thinking:

    • Just get the 2700x!! It's fresh, it's awesome, OMG!! And AM4 will last until 2020 so that you can upgrade!!! Also, no need to install another backplate and potentially break your motherboard, nor install a 2 ton heatsink that will also potentially break your motherboard, nor overclock and potentially break your computer... none of that, because it's at maximum power already!!! And comes with an awesome RGB cooler (that is apparently very noisy? sigh).
    • No. Get a 8700K. Top gaming performance, no question about it, and 6 cores is likely plenty for the kind of work you do. Not like you're going to upgrade before AM4 dies anyway, so the socket type is irrelevant.
    • Pft. Those two are so expensive, and for what? Get a 2600x. 70% of the price for 90% of the performance--now THAT's value! And then you can upgrade to Zen3 without feeling like you're WASTING ALL YOUR MONEY BECAUSE YOU DON'T HAVE TIME TO PLAY GAMES ANYWAY. Also, your partner won't hate you. And... your GTX 1060 will probably be bottle-necking the 2700x and 8700K anyway. And also cross your fingers that the Zen2/Zen3 will actually be good enough to be worth an upgrade otherwise you definitely will feel like YOU'RE WASTING ALL YOUR MONEY.
    • MOAR CORES!!!!
    • NO!! MOAR GHZ!!! MOAR FPS!!
    • You don't need any of this. What you have is good enough. Play the long game--be smart. Wait to see what Intel has in store. And then wait to see what AMD comes up with. And then wait some more. Wait until the perfect moment to strike. One day, you'll get the perfect CPU. At the perfect time. At the perfect price. One day.

    So... yeah. I don't know what to do. Leaning towards the 2700x, but UNFORTUNATELY THE MOTHERBOARD I WANT RELEASES ON THE 23RD SO I CAN'T EVEN BE IRRESPONSIBLE AND BUY IT ON A WHIM.

    @_@

    Help :(

    About 1440p: I plan on buying an ultra-wide monitor at some point. Definitely 34 inches, and almost definitely 100-144hz, but I'm torn between 1080p and 1440p. I don't mind 1080p at this size (the PPI almost the exact same as my current 27" 1080p), but I like to future-proof as much as I can, especially if we're talking about a multi-hundred dollar purchase. And as a programmer, it seems like the extra resolution would be very beneficial, so there's definitely that. Unfortunately, my computer won't be driving 100+FPS @ 1440p until I upgrade my GPU, which I was planning on doing after getting a new display (gotta prioritize purchases at some point >.>). That'll be a whole other load of money and terrible headaches (exciting headaches, of course). Sigh. What to do, what to do...

    submitted by /u/grosbouba
    [link] [comments]

    I’m panicking

    Posted: 21 Apr 2018 03:09 PM PDT

    So hey guys! This is probably the wrong sub to ask about but the clock is 12 am and I can't sleep because I can't decide wether I'm about to make a good or a terrible deal. So I have a computer I built for around 1,5 years ago for around $120 with i5-4460 cpu, 1 TB hdd, 128 GB ssd, radeon r9 390 graphics and so on. Also have a benq xl2411 monitor and keyboard, mouse and headphones for sale. A guy wants to buy everything now for $770. Is this a good or a bad deal? Bern trying to sell it since december and he's the first really intrested. Please help!!

    submitted by /u/simplex117
    [link] [comments]

    8700K vs 2700X ? Looking for future-proof CPU.

    Posted: 21 Apr 2018 07:16 AM PDT

    Hello, i7 2700K user here.

    I am looking for future-proof CPU, but I am not sure which CPU should I buy.

    8700K: * Pros : Clock per core, OC potential, Gaming * Cons : Price, No backward compatibility, Thermal-paste

    2700X: * Pros : 8 Cores, AM4, Soldered, Productivity * Cons : Limited OC potential, Clock per core, Gaming

    What do you think guys ?

    submitted by /u/_HellBlade_
    [link] [comments]

    How can my Ryzen 5 1600 / GTX 1070 Ti build be improved?

    Posted: 21 Apr 2018 02:26 PM PDT

    Here is my current build idea.

    What can be improved here? I still am hesitant to purchase the 1070 at 530, and may wait awhile... but I am still open to ideas.

    Will the Ryzen 5 1600 be a bottleneck?

    And how future proof am I currently?

    Thanks for the help!

    submitted by /u/xJoshwa
    [link] [comments]

    H440 Hyperbeast Limited Edition

    Posted: 21 Apr 2018 03:39 PM PDT

    A case of which only 1,337 were made. Anybody have this and willing to sell it to me? Will negotiate price if anyone wants, and I'd pay for shipping.

    submitted by /u/DravenOMEGALUL
    [link] [comments]

    My first setup

    Posted: 21 Apr 2018 03:10 PM PDT

    So, about a week ago, I built my first rig. I know it's not amazing or something, but tell me what I could remove and what to add, I know i need a new GPU, because the one I have, I got from my friend for 5€. And tell me what you overall think of this PC for this price.

    Type Item Price
    CPU Intel I5-6600K 3.5GHz 100€
    CPU Cooler ETS-T40 Cooler 15€
    Motherboard Asus Prime B250-PRO LGA1151 90€
    Memory KINGSTON HyperX Fury 2x8Gb DDR4 2133MHz 80€
    Storage 1TB Samsung 10€
    Graphics Card Asus GTX 650 1024Mb 5€
    Case Deepcool Tesseract Red MID Tower 5€
    Power Supply SeaSonic G-Series 650W 80+ Gold Certified Semi Modular ATX Power Supply 20€
    Total 325€
    submitted by /u/autistjan
    [link] [comments]

    H8-1210 GPU Upgrade

    Posted: 21 Apr 2018 03:05 PM PDT

    Recently I was able to purchase a used HP PC off facebook buy and sell. I am going to be using the PC for an arcade cabinet build, but I am looking into upgrading the current GPU to some older GPU's I have. I'm not worried about space since I will be mounting components on a wood backing. Below are the specs of the machine so far.

    • AMD FX-6100 3.3 GHz (3.9 GHz turbo) CPU
    • 10 GB DDR3-1333 RAM
    • Nvidia GeForce GT 520 GPU
    • Gigabyte M3970AM-HP (Angelica)
    • 1.5TB HDD
    • Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit OS
    • 300W PSU

    Below are Links to 2 old GPU's I have.

    XFX Radeon HD 6870: https://www.amd.com/en-us/products/graphics/desktop/6000/6870

    XFX Radeon HD 5750: https://www.amd.com/en-us/products/graphics/desktop/5000/5750

    Here is a link to HP PC: https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03157555

    submitted by /u/xxvend3ttaxx
    [link] [comments]

    Trying to add second HDD causes computer to not boot to BIOS

    Posted: 21 Apr 2018 02:35 PM PDT

    Have a Dell 990 Optiplex, with a 550w Cooler Master power supply and a GTX 570. It has a Western Digital Caviar blue 250GB hard disk drive, and I have a Seagate 1 terabyte hard disk drive that I would like to add as a secondary. My computer has two DVD-R drives, both with a data cable into them, so for both of the attempts that I've made to install the hard disk drive, I've tried to use the secondary DVD drive data port to connect the new HDD. However, both times I have tried, the computer will not boot, everything inside stays powered, all the fans, GPU fan, LED lights, but if you match the keyboard the CPU speaker does not beep. I fix this problem last night by disconnecting and reconnecting all of the drives, but right now that is not working.

    Any tips to get back up/running? I was using a checklist from Google of what to go through when your computer won't boot to bios, and it passed most of those tests. The motherboard certainly has power

    submitted by /u/EsotericVerbosity
    [link] [comments]

    Almost finished build - need your guys‘ opinion [1080 vs 1080ti]

    Posted: 21 Apr 2018 05:49 AM PDT

    Hello,

    the last time I built a pc was in december 2012, hence why I want to have a new one now, mine is starting to get a bit weak...

    This is what I've come up with: Type|Item|Price :----|:----|:---- CPU | Intel - Core i7-8700K 3.7GHz 6-Core Processor | €319.90 @ Alza CPU Cooler | NZXT - Kraken X62 Rev 2 98.2 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler | €143.69 @ Alza Motherboard | Asus - ROG MAXIMUS X CODE ATX LGA1151 Motherboard | €338.99 @ Amazon Deutschland Memory | G.Skill - Trident Z RGB 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory | €198.82 @ Mindfactory Storage | Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive | €129.83 @ Mindfactory Storage | Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive | €192.99 @ Amazon Deutschland Video Card | Asus - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB STRIX GAMING OC Video Card | €1004.99 @ Alternate Case | NZXT - S340 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case | €75.89 @ Alternate Power Supply | EVGA - SuperNOVA G2 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply |- Case Fan | NZXT - Aer RGB140 71.6 CFM 140mm Fan | €35.59 @ Alza Other | NZXT Hue+ RGB Colour Changing Internal LED Controller | €59.90 @ Caseking | Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts | | Total | €2500.59 | Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-04-21 14:51 CEST+0200 |

    My question is: how useful is the 1080ti really? Is a 1080 enough?

    I play PUBG/Overwatch/Rocket League on 1920x1080 at 144hz

    Money is not the issue, still I didn't want to spend 4k on a setup.

    I wanted something nice and clean with alot of performance.

    If you feel like something's too much or not good enough, let me know.

    The struggle between the 1080 and 1080ti is the most important here, since there's a difference of 400€.

    Thank you for your help.

    submitted by /u/CT_Nipul
    [link] [comments]

    PC randomly reboots until I remove the graphics card and put it back in

    Posted: 21 Apr 2018 10:41 AM PDT

    Hey everybody.

    At random times during use, suddenly my peripherals will start searching for sources as the signal from the GPU seems to cut out, this is followed by the computer forcing its self to restart, which then the PC will work for maybe 5 minutes before doing it again.

    The only way I can seem to get the computer to work properly is if I remove the graphics card completely, and then put it back in the PCI slot. It will then work fine until the computer is turned off, by this I mean even running days on end. upon the next boot, i can be pretty sure it will cut off signal again at some point.

    I've tried putting brackets under the cpu to account for droop, I've tried reinstalling drivers, I've checked all connections to the MOBO coming from the PSU and drives. When the computer is working I see no performance issues whatsoever. no frame drops, artifacts or anything. Very strange.

    Have any of you ever seen something like this?

    submitted by /u/oldnoname12
    [link] [comments]

    What's the situation with RAM clock speeds and clock speeds processors support?

    Posted: 21 Apr 2018 02:08 PM PDT

    I have an i5 3570k. It officially supports DDR3 1600Mhz. However i've been running a 2400 MHz kit for a few years now with no problems.

    I am looking at a 2700x and want the fastest RAM possible. The chipset/cpu supports 2966MHz. What happens if I put a 3200MHz kit in?

    Why does my Ivy bridge chip max support 1600MHz when it easily support higher without doing anything apart from enabling XMP?

    Thank you.

    BTW.

    Looking at a 2700X, X470 motherboard and 16GB of RAM. That will fit nicely with my current GTX1080.

    Thanks for looking.

    submitted by /u/5footbanana
    [link] [comments]

    help with this PC as bday present

    Posted: 21 Apr 2018 11:45 AM PDT

    HeyGuys

    My friend need a new PC and he has soon Bday and now I want to buy him a PC, but im not sure if this build is good enough for all his hobbys like gaming, streaming, adobe photoshop, premiere pro, unreal Engine 4

    His old PC has a 980 Ti in it, and I thought we can use it, it's still a very good GPU and the GPU prices atm are crazy.

    this build cost ~1500 (+99€ coz the shop will assemble it) € my max. budget is 2000€

    • 1 x Intel® Core™ i7-8700K
    • 1 x ASRock Z370 Extreme4
    • 1 x be quiet! Silent Loop 280mm
    • 1 x G.Skill DIMM 16 GB DDR4-3000 Kit
    • 1 x Crucial MX500 1 TB, Solid State Drive
    • 1 x WD WD2003FZEX 2 TB
    • 1 x Fractal Design Define R6 Black TG
    • 1 x be quiet! STRAIGHT POWER11 CM 650 W
    • 1 x be quiet! Silent Wings 3 140 mm PWM
    • 1 x be quiet! Silent Wings 3 140 mm PWM
    • 1 x be quiet! Silent Wings 3 140 mm PWM
    submitted by /u/florianw0w
    [link] [comments]

    Two RAM slots not working

    Posted: 21 Apr 2018 01:44 PM PDT

    Just finished my first build and its all going great except for the fact two the memory slots seem not to work on the motherboard.

    I've tried plugging both sticks of ram into all slots and it only works / will boot when in 3 and/or 4 but not in 1 and/or 2. As I understand it this means I can't run the RAM in dual channel.

    Does anyone now why these first two slots arent working - I assume its a faulty motherboard but as its my first build am not too sure.

    Thanks for any help you guys can provide - always appreciated.

    MOBO: As Rock z370 pro4

    RAM: Team Group 16gb 2x8

    submitted by /u/Maximumps
    [link] [comments]

    Gtx 1060 6gb or RX 580 8gb?

    Posted: 21 Apr 2018 11:16 AM PDT

    Build Help/Ready:

    I just recently completed my first build. I will be adding a GPU but I have no issue being very patient and waiting for below MSRP prices.

    So which GPU would you guys recommend for a ryzen 5 2400g with 16gb of 3000 mhz ram? 1060 6gb or 580 8gb?

    Thank you guys in advance :)

    What is your intended use for this build? The more details the better.

    Gaming, hopefully VR but not a priority

    If gaming, what kind of performance are you looking for? (Screen resolution, framerate, game settings)

    1440p ~60 fps on High or medium. or a mix of both

    What is your budget (ballpark is okay)?

    Either card will be okay for my budget

    In what country are you purchasing your parts?

    USA

    submitted by /u/CambodianBreast_Milk
    [link] [comments]

    Informed opinions on my proposed build.

    Posted: 21 Apr 2018 01:26 PM PDT

    Hi /r/buildapc,

    I'm a long-time console guy who is torn between getting a PS4 Pro or a gaming pc. I've generally been about a generation behind with the consoles I play, and use my mac (I know) for light gaming like Starcraft 2 and Civ 5/6. I'm not really price sensitive but do care a lot about getting value for what I'm spending, and parts that might sustain me through at least one major upgrade cycle in the future.

    My proposed build is a mostly based on PC Gamer's "best gaming pc" build (https://www.pcgamer.com/best-gaming-pc/), but with an upgrade to a GeForce 1080 and a better motherboard with WiFi (I don't have a wired connection in my office--for competitive play I would string in an ethernet cable, but wouldn't want that strung up through the house most of time for my kids to trip on). I am aiming for gaming at 4k or 1440 @ 60 fps (I have already have a 4k external monitor for my home office, maxed at 60 hz, so that's my max refresh rate). I'd generally just like to get the input of more knowledgable people such as yourselves.

    Here's what my NewEgg cart looks like right now:

    -Intel Core i5-8400 Coffee Lake 6-core 2.8 GHz: $178.99 -MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Duke 8GB: $619.99 (including $20 steam credit) -ASUS Rog Strix Z370-E Gaming LGA 1151 (300 Series): $189.99 -G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB): $184.99 -SAMSUNG 960 EVO M.2 500 GB NVMe PCI-Express 3.00: $199.99 -CORSAIR CD-M Series CS650M 650W 80 PLUS GOLD: $89.99 -Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO: $29.99 -NZXT S340 Glossy White Steel ATX Mid Tower Case: $69.99 -Fuckin' Windows $100.00

    Too ambitious? Any obvious corners to cut? Compatibility issues? Anyone feel that a PS4 Pro would be better for someone with ever-shrinking amounts of free time? Looking forward to all your thoughts.

    Thanks in advance!

    Edit: included ram this time!

    submitted by /u/NukeTheEnglish
    [link] [comments]

    GPU or Win10 does not detect second monitor ONLY when both monitors use DisplayPort

    Posted: 21 Apr 2018 08:23 AM PDT

    Describe your problem. List any error messages and symptoms. Be descriptive.

    I purchased a second Dell S2716DG a few weeks ago. I have a Asus Strix 1080TI. When i connect both monitors with display port cables only one works ("Monitor 1") and the other ("Monitor 2") is in a sleep mode. When I substitute an HDMI cable, they both display (but I want to run both at 144hz through DP). I have tried switching out the DP cable and both cables work with Monitor 1. When I use HDMI on Monitor 1, and the DP on Monitor 2, both work.

    An added wrinkle, When I first got the monitor it worked fine with both DP, now I cant seem to figure out why one wont work.

    EDIT: Another added wrinkle, when both DP and HDMI cables are connected from the GPU to Monitor 2, it shows 3 monitors as being connected and allows me to use the 144hz settings on the one it recognizes as DP... (?). Also, the bios screen from my mobo loads on Monitor 2 so its not as if no signal is going to that montior whatsoever.

    Any Ideas?

    submitted by /u/odh1412
    [link] [comments]

    Just wondering if the syth fuma and Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3200C16 Vengeance LPX 16 GB DDR4 are compatible?

    Posted: 21 Apr 2018 01:20 PM PDT

    I heard that the syth fuma is pretty wide and can take up a ram slot if the ram you choose it too big. Just wondering if someone could tell me if they are, I tried to find it out my self but I couldn't :( Here's the amazon links if I got the names wrong: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0143UM4TC/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&psc=1 https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B016XLGATE/ref=ox_sc_act_title_6?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&psc=1

    submitted by /u/martin_melody
    [link] [comments]

    Help with build (mainly about the PSU)

    Posted: 21 Apr 2018 07:17 AM PDT

    Hey there,

    this is my first build since 7 years and I intend to use it mainly for data driven applications (statistical models, machine learning, deep learning) and gaming. So basically a bit of an all around design. Since I mainly play old games that run just fine on my old computer, I'm mostly looking to upgrade for my DL applications. My budget is not much higher than my current build, maybe I could squeeze 100€ more at best.

    I'm looking to buy at an online store from my country wanted to go with a Xsilence 550W PSU initially, but their site would not let me choose anything below 600, so I figured I'd get a corsair RMX650. However, they still suggest (automated suggestion) to get a 'better' power supply as it might impact my systems performance. I thought 650 should easily be enough as I'm not running any other drives or so, but now my confidence is shaken.

    Also I'd be very thankful for a general review, any parts that seem off? Is the choice of ram decent? Are there any good alternatives for the GPU manufacturer that have 3 fans aswell?

    Thanks in advance

    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

    Type Item Price
    CPU Intel - Core i7-8700K 3.7GHz 6-Core Processor $346.69 @ OutletPC
    CPU Cooler Noctua - NH-D14 65.0 CFM CPU Cooler $74.85 @ OutletPC
    Motherboard Gigabyte - Z370P D3 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard $99.89 @ OutletPC
    Memory G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory $179.89 @ OutletPC
    Memory G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory $179.89 @ OutletPC
    Storage Samsung - 960 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive $449.99 @ Amazon
    Video Card Asus - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB STRIX GAMING Video Card $1149.49 @ OutletPC
    Case Cooler Master - MasterBox MB600L ATX Mid Tower Case $37.85 @ Newegg
    Power Supply Corsair - RMx 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply $119.99 @ Amazon
    Case Fan ARCTIC - F12 PWM 74.0 CFM 120mm Fan $7.29 @ SuperBiiz
    Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
    Total (before mail-in rebates) $2655.82
    Mail-in rebates -$10.00
    Total $2645.82
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-04-21 10:08 EDT-0400
    submitted by /u/mangobae
    [link] [comments]

    No Video Signal for retro media PC ??

    Posted: 21 Apr 2018 06:50 AM PDT

    Hello r/buildapc

    So to quickly explain i have a potato PC that i use for non HD or widescreen media and games . I'm using a Magnavox 15MF150V/37 that i picked up for $5 a few years back .

    I'm having issues getting a video signal. it will showcase the normal boot sequence but goes dead once windows starts to load. This appears to happen because of non supported resolutions over 1024 x 768 60Hz. I have changed the settings on another monitior to the lowest resolution and i still cant get a normal boot to happen.

    i do have the Magnavox running through a VGA to HDMI converter which i don't believe is the issue. i have had it set up before in that configuration with no issue and it boots from safe mode with no problem.

    Any and all advice is welcome . I thank you for your time and patience

    submitted by /u/BigBadWolf1718
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel