• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Friday, April 20, 2018

    Simple Questions - April 20, 2018

    Simple Questions - April 20, 2018


    Simple Questions - April 20, 2018

    Posted: 20 Apr 2018 05:16 AM PDT

    This thread is for simple questions that don't warrant their own thread (although we strongly suggest checking the sidebar and the wiki before posting!). Please don't post involved questions that are better suited to a [Build Help], [Build Ready] or [Build Complete] post. Examples of questions:

    • Is this RAM compatible with my motherboard?
    • I'm thinking of getting a GTX 1070. Which one should I get?
    • I'm on a very tight budget and I'm looking for a case < $50

    Remember that Discord is great places to ask quick questions as well: http://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/wiki/livechat

    Important: Downvotes are strongly discouraged in this thread. Sorting by new is strongly encouraged.

    Have a question about the subreddit or otherwise for /r/buildapc mods? We welcome your mod mail!

    Looking for all the Simple Questions threads? Want an easy way to locate today's thread? This link is now in the sidebar below the yellow Rules section.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Some things you probably didn't realize about Windows 10

    Posted: 20 Apr 2018 10:20 AM PDT

    This is an addendum to a previous post I made on what do once you've completed your build. The purpose of this post is to help people stop worrying about optimizing and cleaning their PCs, and just focus on enjoying the fun stuff.

     

    tl;dr: Windows 10 takes care of itself.

     

    Automatic Maintenance: Windows 10 takes care of the bulk of your maintenance tasks automatically everyday (As long as your machine is powered on).

    Head on over to Control Panel > Security and Maintenance > Automatic Maintenance and you will see that it is scheduled by default to run at 2:00 AM daily, and will even wake up your machine to run. You might find that it runs throughout the day at various times because Windows will detect when your system is idle and use that time to perform its functions.

    During Automatic Maintenance, Windows will run specific tasks such as disk optimization and defragmentation (for HDDs), system and apps updates, security and malware scans, diagnostics, and other tasks with the sole purpose of keeping your device healthy and happy.

    To see exactly what tasks Windows is performing, open up PowerShell and paste in this command. It will show you a list of all automatic maintenance tasks including their TaskPath, TaskName, and current State in Task Scheduler:

     

    Get-ScheduledTask | ? {$_.Settings.MaintenanceSettings} | Out-GridView

     

    Disk Optimization: You may have noticed Windows 10 will not give you the option to defrag an SSD, but instead it will let you 'optimize' it. By default, Windows will perform this intelligent defrag of your SSD monthly as well as a traditional defrag of your HDDs weekly. The intent of this optimization on SSDs is to maximize the performance and longevity of your drive.

    You can change this schedule or run these tasks manually by right-clicking your drive, going to the 'Tools' tab and selecting 'Disk Defragmenter'. Or you can just perform a Windows search for "Defrag" or "Optimize".

    Again, just let Windows take care of this for you. Feel free to check on it though if you're curious about your fragmentation percentage. Anything below 10-15% is a healthy range.

     

    Cleaning: I know some people who run CCleaner religiously, and I am here to say that it is completely unnecessary. In fact, running it so frequently is probably doing more harm than good, specifically if you are using its registry tool which leads me to my next point: Leave your registry alone. You will never see any real world performance increase by running registry cleaners of any kind. Just let Windows take care of it for you.

    If you have been using CCleaner and have the Windows Defender option checked off, you are deleting the definitions it builds when running a scan. Good news though, just uncheck it and run a full scan to build them back.

    I mention this because cache and temp files are not necessarily a bad thing. Having a healthy amount of cache will speed up the launching of frequently used programs and tasks because your system will not have to start from scratch each time. If you are in need of some space, run Windows Disk Cleanup, which is completely harmless. Just know that if you are not in need of disk space or aren't experiencing issues there is no real use in running it.

     

    I hope this puts some people at ease as far as keeping up with maintenance tasks, running cleaners, etc... Windows 10 is a smart beast and it knows what's best for your hardware. Just let it carry out it's tasks and enjoy gaming and not worry about optimizing your PC.

    submitted by /u/theWinterDojer
    [link] [comments]

    8600k or 2600x?

    Posted: 20 Apr 2018 05:33 AM PDT

    Howdy,

    Now I know there's a lot of current speculation on the full potential of the new ryzen processors and therefore its not entirely clear at this stage, however, I'm looking for some advice on what to go for.

    I'm building a new pc for mainly gaming. I have managed to get an excellent price for a obe of my mining friends 1070tis which I will be using purely down to pretty good performance and excellent price.

    I also have flexibility on ram so i have the ability to purchase whatever would be most beneficial. I know you can get some crazy high frequencies but I don't even know if 3000+ has any benefit?

    Now 8600k is currently for sale at £195 at a reputable seller and I know the ryzen 2600x is around £200 also.

    I'm reading that Intel are still slightly ahead for gaming purposes when comparing the two. However there's also not a huge gap and the better for potential upgrades in a couple of years time if I purchase a newer x470 mobo?

    I also plan on overclocking once I've become comfortable with the setup, if of course it's worth doing?

    I'm looking for some opinions and advice on where to go and what to consider.

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/BigHobs
    [link] [comments]

    Ryzen 1300x + RX 560 or 2400g?

    Posted: 20 Apr 2018 03:24 AM PDT

    For light gaming, which would be better, a Ryzen 1300x with a RX 560 or a Ryzen 2400g APU? I can get those two options for the same price atm, ~$210 usd in Japan. Not including cost of RAM/Mobo/etc.

    The RX 560 seems to be a 2gb, 1024 core model.

    Light gaming means Overwatch and e-sports stuff. Might also do video editing, but nothing serious.

    EDIT: Thanks for all the suggestions guys, it sounds like 1300x+rx560 would be adequate for now but 2400g leaves more room for future upgrades, so I am leaning towards the 2400g for now. Now just need to find a mobo that's Ryzen 2000 updated...

    submitted by /u/Qixotic
    [link] [comments]

    EVGA 1060 6GB SC (Single Fan) or spend $30-40 more on a version with 2 fans?

    Posted: 20 Apr 2018 07:36 AM PDT

    My 7870 that I got in 2013 just died. Was hoping to hold out another year while GPU prices are still unreasonable but looks like I need to buy one now.

    The EVGA 1060 SC is currently going for $410 CAD. I've heard a lot of good things about it but it's still a single fan.

    https://www.amazon.ca/EVGA-GeForce-Support-Graphics-06G-P4-6163-KR/dp/B01IPVSLTC/

    There are versions with 2 fans that are going for $440-450

    https://www.amazon.ca/EVGA-GeForce-Support-Graphics-06G-P4-6161-KR/dp/B01LYN9KK6/

    https://www.amazon.ca/GeForce-ZT-P10600B-10M-Compact-Dual-Fan-IceStorm/dp/B01I5O5AP2/

    https://www.amazon.ca/MSI-GeForce-GTX-1060-6GT/dp/B01LZYPEHK/

    I prefer ordering from Amazon as it ships to my location typically within 2 days.

    Currently leaning towards just pulling the trigger on the SC but wanted to get a second opinion. Is having that second fan worth the price jump?

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/bleeessed
    [link] [comments]

    Is it possible to build a $300 gaming pc these days?

    Posted: 20 Apr 2018 11:48 AM PDT

    I recently got a fulltime job and was able to fund myself a $1500+ build. I was a first time builder so I was fairly passionate about the project and I happened to inspire a lot of my friends and family to look into building their own PC.

    One of the people I inspired the most was my nephew. He was fascinated throughout the entire process and seemed to really take an interest. About a week ago he told me that he was interested and wanted to build a computer of his own. I was worried because I know his family isn't too well off financially. After asking about how much he was looking to spend he told me that he had $300 saved up from chores, selling some games, and from two birthday parties the previous years.

    I want to make this happen and I'm willing to pitch in a bit, but I just want to know if this is even possible. I'm not used to or familiar with extreme budget builds.

    Could someone point me in the right direction so that I can help him better?

    TL;DR: nephew asked for help building a computer. He only has $300 and I want to make this happen for him. Any help is appreciated!

    submitted by /u/computerlearnin
    [link] [comments]

    Building a PC for my parents, is this overkill? [$900]

    Posted: 20 Apr 2018 10:14 AM PDT

    My dad has been using the same old all-in-one PC for the last 10 years and it finally kicked the bucket. I've convinced him to spend a bit more on the next PC so it'll last him a long time and not cause him a headache by being slow as heck.

    https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/nWVk6s

    I picked these because they were all on amazon, and since I have a prime subscription I don't have to pay shipping. The only thing not on amazon prime is the case.

    I am from Canada if that makes any difference.

    My dad likes to download music, he's got about 100GB of it. I know it's stupid to buy a SSD for media but he doesn't have a lot of it and I think he would love the speed of an SSD. Other than that, it would be used for microsoft office, and viewing movies and photos.

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/proton1305
    [link] [comments]

    16gb of ram necessary?

    Posted: 20 Apr 2018 03:09 PM PDT

    If i'm using a pc for only gaming , should i get 16gb of ram or stick with 8gb?

    submitted by /u/ShoesJ
    [link] [comments]

    6 year old gaming PC looking at minor upgrades and get best bang for buck.

    Posted: 20 Apr 2018 08:01 AM PDT

    My gaming PC is roughly 6 years old and is starting to show its age (specifically with PUBG) i am looking at spending some money on it to try and better the performance and increase my FPS.

    Budget $500 - $1000

    My current build is as follows

    -Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3820 CPU @ 3.60GHz 3.8GHz

    -16GM Ram

    -NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670

    I appreciate any guidance you might have

    submitted by /u/rafer90
    [link] [comments]

    Are there any affordable, simple rectangular desks out there?

    Posted: 19 Apr 2018 10:15 PM PDT

    Hello, I've been searching on the internet for hours on a 60 inch rectangular desk that is affordable (<$100). The LINNMON / ADILS seemed like the perfect desk for me, only to find out that it is made out of this cardboard filling which is susceptible to dents and sag after usage (from what I've read). In short, I need help finding a desk with the same style as the Linnmon, but also stronger than the Linnmon. A huge thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/ajunior7
    [link] [comments]

    Does ssd brand matter?

    Posted: 19 Apr 2018 06:13 PM PDT

    I'm trying to buy a ssd and I'm confused as why people prefer Samsung ssd over a western digital ssd

    Also are there any cheap good ssds outs there?

    submitted by /u/YOURMOM37
    [link] [comments]

    Finished my 3D printed computer build. A little different then what were used to in here.

    Posted: 20 Apr 2018 07:47 AM PDT

    Photos here:

    https://imgur.com/a/R3By75o

    Video of lights here:

    https://youtu.be/S6MWTAKUKUk

    Pcpartpicker here: https://pcpartpicker.com/b/LpV6Mp

    I started this about 2 and a half months ago and was just getting into the throw of things with 3d printing. Figured I'd give it a shot to design and print a computer case. It came out pretty good! Didn't run into any of the normal pc installation problems luckily when I got to the part of installing the components.

    submitted by /u/Thorkon
    [link] [comments]

    Is my cooler holding me back? My chip is delidded and still gets rather high temperatures.

    Posted: 20 Apr 2018 07:09 AM PDT

    I had to lower the voltage on my delidded 7700k (currently at 1.18v, but I'm sure it wouldn't need to be that low) to keep the Temps under 100% load using Intel burn test under 70°C.

    If I try for a higher OC around 4.8ghz or 5ghz and I increase the voltage to 1.35v-1.38v(auto) the thermals rise to about 75°C under synthetic load.

    My cooler is the Noctua U9s. Is my cooler limiting me or should I re-delid? New thermal paste? I'm using Noctua TIM. Maybe try thermal grizzly TIM?

    Thanks my dudes.

    Also, if it matters, I didn't delid it. I bought it delidded. And the 1.35-1.38v is whatever auto sets it to. I haven't messed with finding a set stable voltage yet.

    submitted by /u/pontiactaylor110ce
    [link] [comments]

    Getting back into pc gaming

    Posted: 20 Apr 2018 08:32 AM PDT

    Build Help/Ready:

    Have you read the sidebar and rules? (Please do)

    Yes

    What is your intended use for this build? The more details the better.

    Mainly gaming(rainbow six siege) but may do a little content creation/streaming.

    Also want to learn about coding(literally know nothing now).

    If gaming, what kind of performance are you looking for? (Screen resolution, framerate, game settings)

    I would love to get 1440p at 144hz on siege on the max settings(or close)

    What is your budget (ballpark is okay)?

    2-3k ish. I dont mind spending the money I just like best bang for buck

    In what country are you purchasing your parts?

    USA.

    Post a draft of your potential build here (specific parts please). Consider formatting your parts list. Don't ask to be spoonfed a build (read the rules!).

    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

    Type Item Price
    CPU AMD - Ryzen 7 2700X 3.7GHz 8-Core Processor $329.99 @ Amazon
    Motherboard Asus - ROG STRIX X470-F Gaming ATX AM4 Motherboard $218.98 @ Newegg
    Memory G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3466 Memory $172.00 @ Newegg
    Storage Samsung - 860 Evo 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive $169.89 @ OutletPC
    Video Card Asus - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB STRIX GAMING Video Card $1149.89 @ B&H
    Case Phanteks - ECLIPSE P400S TEMPERED GLASS ATX Mid Tower Case $79.99 @ Amazon
    Power Supply EVGA - SuperNOVA G3 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply $79.99 @ Newegg
    Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
    Total (before mail-in rebates) $2220.73
    Mail-in rebates -$20.00
    Total $2200.73
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-04-20 11:31 EDT-0400

    Provide any additional details you wish below.

    GPU will be the last thing i buy and will wait to find a "deal".

    Looking for feedback on this build. The last computer I built was over 10 years ago, back when the Raptor hard drive was the coolest thing to hit the market.

    Am I overlooking anything? Any substitutes that you would make?

    submitted by /u/Pajamasam1337
    [link] [comments]

    Can you recommend me a liquid CPU cooler for the i5-8600K 3.6GHz in an NZXT S340 Elite (<161mm)?

    Posted: 20 Apr 2018 01:49 PM PDT

    My CPU is running a little hot so I'm worried for the summer (hot room).

    I'd appreciate any recommendations for a liquid CPU cooler for the i5-8600K 3.6GHz that would fit in a NZXT S340 Elite. I believe it can fit a maximum of 161mm.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/dumdeedum321
    [link] [comments]

    "The following Channel memory did not pass CPU memory test. Please remove the memory then plug again. Channel A"

    Posted: 20 Apr 2018 02:59 AM PDT

    So recently I replaced my broken Asrock H87 Pro4 MoBo with a new Asrock b85m Pro 4.

    When booting, a BIOS screen informs me that Channel A memory "did not pass CPU memory test", leaving me with 2 out of my 4 4GB RAM sticks being used in single channel mode, which noticeably impacts my FPS in games.

    The Crucial memory is not listed as compatible on the Asrock b85m Pro 4 page, however neither is it for my old motherbooard, which worked flawlessly until it blew up.

    Is this just a random compatibility issue or is there something that can be done about it?

    I already tried blowing on the DDR slots and re-fitting the sticks (and switching them around) to no avail.

    submitted by /u/baubeauftragter
    [link] [comments]

    Build help

    Posted: 20 Apr 2018 09:59 AM PDT

    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

    Type Item Price
    CPU AMD - Ryzen 5 2600 3.4GHz 6-Core Processor $198.97 @ Newegg
    Motherboard MSI - X370 GAMING PLUS ATX AM4 Motherboard $113.89 @ OutletPC
    Memory G.Skill - Aegis 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory $87.89 @ OutletPC
    Storage Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $43.85 @ OutletPC
    Video Card Asus - GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB STRIX Video Card $299.00 @ Amazon
    Case SHARKOON - M25-V ATX Mid Tower Case -
    Power Supply Cooler Master - 550W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply $80.36 @ Newegg Marketplace
    Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
    Total (before mail-in rebates) $833.96
    Mail-in rebates -$10.00
    Total $823.96
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-04-20 12:57 EDT-0400

    The website says that the cpu and motherboard are not compatible, but AMD told us that they would be using am4 all the way till 2020. Should I buy a Ryzen 1600 instead?

    submitted by /u/suib4ku
    [link] [comments]

    What's the deal with these absurdly cheap Chinese GPUs?

    Posted: 19 Apr 2018 05:18 PM PDT

    Help with installing new motherboard

    Posted: 20 Apr 2018 03:48 PM PDT

    Hello I have this pc here https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00S5QDNGO/ref=mp_s_a_1_sc_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1524264201&sr=8-1-spell&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=dell+insipirion+i5+4460

    I want to upgrade this motherboard but how do I tell if it is ATX or something like that? I have a 1070 in this pc but I am getting a new motherboard so I can upgrade the CPU.

    submitted by /u/xmasllghts
    [link] [comments]

    Ryzen 5 2600X or Intel i7-8700 ?

    Posted: 20 Apr 2018 11:49 AM PDT

    Am building a new PC, was going to buy a i7-8700 ($399 CAD) ...

    But the new Ryzen 5 2600X($295 CAD) is crushing it in benchmarks. Neck and neck with the i7-8700 in most tests.

    And the Ryzen is about $100 less.

    What am I missing ... what makes the i7-8700 $100 better?

    UPDATED ... the scores I saw are these:

    cpubenchmark.net has them listed with the following overall scores (CAD prices included for the CPUs I've considered):

    AMD Ryzen 7 2700X 17,514 ($424.51 CAD) AMD Ryzen 5 2600X 16,297 ($295.48 CAD) AMD Ryzen 7 2700 16,272 i7-8700k 16,067 ($439.99 CAD) AMD Ryzen 7 1800X 15,400 i7-8700 15,270 ($384.99 CAD) AMD Ryzen 7 1700X 14,626 AMD Ryzen 7 1700 13,751 AMD Ryzen 5 1600X 13,247 i5-8600k 12,792 AMD Ryzen 5 1600 12,387 i5-8400 11,751 ($225.50 CAD) 

    And this YouTube video has the i7-8700 and the R5 2600X pretty neck-and-neck ...

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWd3Ota0buE

    submitted by /u/StephenInKanata
    [link] [comments]

    ASRock AB35O Pro4 and a Ryzen 5 2600 -- are they compatible?

    Posted: 20 Apr 2018 06:41 AM PDT

    Title. I've been looking into buying a Ryzen 5 2600 for my new build, but I'm not sure about the compatibility between the ASRock AB350 Pro4 and it. Should I opt to go with an R5 1600 instead, or will the 2600 work right out of the box just as a 1600 would? Thank you for any and all answers.

    submitted by /u/AlexGTGaming
    [link] [comments]

    "Random" PC Shutdowns in PUBG

    Posted: 20 Apr 2018 02:56 PM PDT

    Hello people,

    My PC is still experiencing issues with "Random" (I haven't found the pattern/cause yet) shutdowns. This only happens in PUBG, I can go into VR or other resource demanding applications for hours and nothing happens, as soon as I boot PUBG, I crash within the first hour or so.

    I have recently asked questions regarding this issue, people we kind and suggested a few things. I have tried them and no luck so far.

    What I have tried:

    Installed WhoCrashed, a program to analyze crashdumps. Sadly Windows does not seem to generate any during these crashes/shutdowns.

    • Reseated CPU Cooler & Applied new thermal paste (temps are 50 degrees avg under load)
    • Reseated RAM
    • Reseated GPU
    • Updated all drivers
    • Performed a memtest (which returned no errors)
    • Logged temperatures & checked for abnormalities (none found)
    • (Software) Logged Voltages & checked for abnormalities (none found)
    • (Multimeter) Logged PSU Voltages & checked for abnormalities (none found)

    My Configuration:

    • CPU: i7 8700k (45°C while playing PUBG)
    • COOLER: NZXT Kraken X42
    • GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 (60°C while playing PUBG)
    • RAM: Crucial DDR4 2x8GB 2133MHz
    • MOBO: Asus Prime Z370P
    • PSU: Seasonic 80 Gold Plus 650W

    Cry for help:

    I'd be amazing if you guys could help me troubleshoot. I really haven't got a single clue on where to continue troubleshooting.

    submitted by /u/AluminiumHoedje
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a way to ground my motherboard better (getting feedback through my mic/headset)?

    Posted: 20 Apr 2018 02:51 PM PDT

    I just bought a DAC to go with my headphones and I'm using this mic.

    My main issue is with some games like PUBG, I get a really bad buzzing noise going through my mic that my friends can hear and to a lesser extent I can hear through my headset (which I assume is GPU coil whine, not sure why it only does it on some games though).

    I've tried:

    • buying a cheap $10 mic DAC, made it worse

    • getting this noise loop isolator, but it just didn't work either direction on my microphone.

    • both the front and back panel 3.5mm ports, all have the same amount of buzz

    Would I have to get something like this? It's $50 so I don't want to but I might have to.

    Opinions? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/MnMWiz
    [link] [comments]

    check out my monster and tell me what i don't need/could do better

    Posted: 20 Apr 2018 02:44 PM PDT

    Hey guys, I'm about to take the plunge but I'd like one more proofread from all my homies here. Take a look

    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

    Type Item Price
    CPU Intel - Core i7-8700K 3.7GHz 6-Core Processor $346.69 @ OutletPC
    CPU Cooler Corsair - H60 54.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler $59.69 @ OutletPC
    Motherboard Gigabyte - Z370P D3 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard $99.99 @ Newegg
    Memory Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory $189.89 @ OutletPC
    Storage Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive $154.89 @ OutletPC
    Video Card Gigabyte - GeForce GTX 1070 Ti 8GB AORUS Video Card $575.98 @ Newegg
    Case NZXT - S340 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case $54.99 @ Newegg
    Power Supply SeaSonic - FOCUS Plus Gold 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply $69.99 @ SuperBiiz
    Monitor Dell - S2417DG 23.8" 2560x1440 165Hz Monitor $369.95 @ Amazon
    Keyboard Corsair - STRAFE RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard $119.99 @ Amazon
    Mouse Logitech - G502 Proteus Spectrum Wired Optical Mouse $45.99 @ Amazon
    Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
    Total (before mail-in rebates) $2103.04
    Mail-in rebates -$15.00
    Total $2088.04
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-04-20 17:41 EDT-0400
    submitted by /u/-timebobby
    [link] [comments]

    Motherboard talk... why buy more expensive?

    Posted: 20 Apr 2018 12:29 PM PDT

    I've upgraded a lot on my pc lately but motherboards are something I do not fully understand. Why buy one at £400 over say one at £100

    older mobos that use older cpus and ram is obvious why you need to upgrade

    like mine for example is an asus z170a, wasn't very expensive and I'm running a: I7 6700k Asus gtx 1080 ti 32gig ram 500gb Samsung evo And a few hdd's System is all water cooled with a custom loop

    What difference would an expensive mobo actually make or is it all to do with overclocking?

    Please keep it easy to follow in here for us more simple creatures

    submitted by /u/vatrix-ttv
    [link] [comments]

    Ryzen 2700 in a Mini-ITX. Help me fine tune?

    Posted: 20 Apr 2018 02:58 AM PDT

    Build Help/Ready:

    Have you read the sidebar and rules? (Please do)

    Yes

    What is your intended use for this build? The more details the better.

    I spend a lot of time on my PC and like it to run fast and silky smooth. Not much gaming (but would like to option in future) but I do photo editing, video editing and have some very large .ost files which currently load slow. My current PC is a i7-3440k and it's starting to slow down a little bit after 7+ years use.

    If gaming, what kind of performance are you looking for? (Screen resolution, framerate, game settings)

    I want a lightning fast OS and general program usage, Lightroom, Video Editing etc. I use a lot of lightroom and CorelDraw.

    What is your budget (ballpark is okay)?

    Under £1000 all in. I have HDDs at home, monitor and OS etc etc. I need a fully functioning tower for <£1000.

    In what country are you purchasing your parts?

    UK

    *Post a draft of your potential build here (specific parts please). *.

    https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/VBfwhy

    Provide any additional details you wish below.

    Can you help me fine tune value for money? Any suggestions welcome to maximise usage - would a Ryzen 5 2600x be better with higher clock speed and less cores? I am unsure if my power supply is appropriate or too big to fit this card/case. Will this build offer an obvious step up from my old i7-3440k with an SSD?

    Since i'm not currently gaming, would it be best vaue for money to take my current GPU (GTX 450 or something) and use it in the new build until GPU prices drop? can I/should I fit a single fan liquid cooler in for the ryzen?

    submitted by /u/flyingalbatross1
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel