• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Sunday, April 15, 2018

    ReactOS releases 0.4.8 with experimental Vista/7/10 software compatibility Windows Help

    ReactOS releases 0.4.8 with experimental Vista/7/10 software compatibility Windows Help


    ReactOS releases 0.4.8 with experimental Vista/7/10 software compatibility

    Posted: 15 Apr 2018 03:22 PM PDT

    Touch pad problems

    Posted: 15 Apr 2018 01:05 PM PDT

    I downloaded Windows 10 onto my mac and I found that there weren't any touch pad options. I'm not sure why this is, can anyone help?

    submitted by /u/axiswine
    [link] [comments]

    An older version of Windows shipped with sample music included in the music folder.

    Posted: 15 Apr 2018 12:47 AM PDT

    It had a few from different genres, but I remember specifically bluegrass being one of them. Does anybody remember this? What version of windows was it? And where can I find the music?

    submitted by /u/IdiotII
    [link] [comments]

    My Windows is acting really weirdly. I don't know what's going on.

    Posted: 15 Apr 2018 08:17 PM PDT

    So I start my computer and it's taking unusually long to load. 5 minutes or so longer than usual. I start it up all my apps are re-arranged and so is my taskbar, My wallpaper is also changed to a default windows one. Everything is in a different place and I'm logged out of everything.

    I quickly log back into Steam and the store page is in Russian, I've never had it in Russian and I don't understand a lick of Russian.

    Was I in any way hacked or is this just an update that went funky or something.

    Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/joshrichardsonsson
    [link] [comments]

    Accidentily downloaded Windows 10 USB boot on an external hard drive?

    Posted: 15 Apr 2018 07:54 PM PDT

    https://snag.gy/HSIsac.jpg

    I tried to restore the files, but now they are all relabeled and put into different files, so all the organizing i've done is gone, and i'm wondering if it's possible to restore the files in a better way?

    submitted by /u/eutrophic
    [link] [comments]

    Windows defender offline scan logs

    Posted: 15 Apr 2018 07:40 PM PDT

    Hi there, Got this in the event log: Event 2030: Windows Defender Antivirus downloaded and configured Windows Defender Offline to run on the next reboot. This was immediately followed by the following: Windows Defender Antivirus Configuration has changed. If this is an unexpected event you should review the settings as this may be the result of malware.
    Old value: HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Scan\OfflineScanRun

    New value: HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Scan\OfflineScanRun = 0x0

    Is this normal? Ive recently just reinstalled windows 10, and I ran the offline scan out of defender from curiosity. When I try this with quick scan it actually logs the event, but oddly its not the same for offline. I'm new to defender and i'm curious if this is a normal thing or if I should be concerned. I had mcafee prior to this, but its long gone and uninstalled. The UI of the offline scanner itself shows up, and scans the system, it it doesn't log it.

    submitted by /u/MoldSki
    [link] [comments]

    Suddenly lost almost all of my Windows 10 phone apps

    Posted: 15 Apr 2018 07:17 PM PDT

    My phone was normal all day. I plugged it in to charge for about an hour this afternoon, and when I unplugged it and unlocked it almost all of my apps had disappeared. Upon further inspection, when I went to Settings, then Apps, it shows that they are all still installed. However, I cannot pin any to start or launch them. The only way I seem to be able to launch them is by searching for them in the store. Which, by the way, the store app is also gone so I had to search within my apps, then I had to select "search in store" to open the store. After that I have to search for the app I want to use and then I can launch it from its store page because it is already installed!

    TL;DR - my apps are still on my phone, but they cannot be pinned to start or be found on the phone except under settings and can only be launched from the store.

    submitted by /u/KeeBlaydMastr
    [link] [comments]

    Question regarding a process in Windows startup

    Posted: 15 Apr 2018 07:46 AM PDT

    Hey guys, I saw this process on my screen on the windows start up bar.

    https://imgur.com/a/OJu7R

    I recently factory restored my computer but iv never noticed this before, can someone shed some light on it. I mean it looks really dodgy, when I open file location it shows to rundll32 in system 32 folder.

    For those who cant see the image, its a thing called NVIDIA capture proxy, it has no icon too like a thumbnail or something. Which is freaking me out even more.

    Can someone help me out?

    submitted by /u/DemonLordIncarnated
    [link] [comments]

    Windows wont update.. and drivers wont install..

    Posted: 15 Apr 2018 10:50 AM PDT

    I just finished building my PC

    Ryzen 5 1500X MSI b350 PC mate 16 GB G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200 250GB WD SSD 1 TB WD HDD MSI GTX 1060 6GB OCV1

    First my PC keeps freezing, then blue screen with error code CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT. then restarts.

    Looked around, and its due to old faulty drivers. OK, i did a benchmark for my PC and my GPU was not detected. Looked in device managers and its set to Microsoft Basic display adapter. Or VGA controller. OK so im thinking, i found the problem, its probably my GPU driver. I went to the NVidia site and downloaded the newest driver, and i get hit with the "This driver is not compatible with this version of windows" SO i went to update windows, but every single update failed to install.

    TL;DR: windows wont update, drivers wont install..

    submitted by /u/DMilanV
    [link] [comments]

    Will I have to reconfigure Windows 10 as a Hyper-V host if I do "Fresh start"

    Posted: 15 Apr 2018 04:45 PM PDT

    So I have never used the feature before, but will I have to reconfigure all of my VMs and network settings for my Hyper-V host after performing a Fresh Start? The reason I am performing this is due to a broken Windows Store that I have been unable to fix with my Google-Fu and if it takes down my VMs then I really can't afford to do it.

    submitted by /u/ExEvolution
    [link] [comments]

    “Operation System Not Found”

    Posted: 15 Apr 2018 03:54 PM PDT

    I have a Dell XPS L502X that has been running Windows 10 (from the free update) for a while now on a 500GB hard drive. I recently acquired another hard drive (750GB) with Windows 8 on it from a relative that had no use for it and I am now trying to use DBAN to wipe the drive and install Windows 10 on it. However, nothing other than the 500GB drive (which wasn't the one that came with the computer), will do anything. It just says "Operation System Not Found." Booting off my USB with DBAN on it yields this result along with the 750GB drive. I am sure that both of them work because I tested them in another computer. Does anybody have any idea what is going on? I've been trying to fix this for a while now but to no avail.

    submitted by /u/reddit-moose
    [link] [comments]

    Will factory reset restore the original OS?

    Posted: 15 Apr 2018 03:49 PM PDT

    I want to factory reset my lenovo t460 laptop. It came with windows 10 I believe, but I'm running windows 7 on it. If I reset it will it go back to 10?

    submitted by /u/TheYesManCan
    [link] [comments]

    Trouble upgrading from Windows 10 home to pro

    Posted: 15 Apr 2018 04:20 AM PDT

    When I try to upgrade to pro through the microsoft store, it seems to fail because I don't have a US address, at least I have no option to change the country to anything except USA. Is this really the case, can you not upgrade outside USA ?

    submitted by /u/Orgulaz
    [link] [comments]

    Windows Registry Policies does not save after restart

    Posted: 15 Apr 2018 03:05 AM PDT

    Hi,

    I am having a problem in windows 7. I couldn't change the LAN settings in Chrome because it said "some settings are managed by your system administrator" then when I searched about it, people said change the "Connection Settings" and "Internet Settings" values in Policies section in Registry. Then I did and it resolved but everyime I restart Windows, it changes back to the same old settings and whenever I try to connect thru a proxy after turning on my computer I have to open and change the regsitry settings and it does not save my changes after I restart.

    When I try to change the registry settings and open Run command to type "regedit" there appears an administrator symbol (the shield with blue-yellow color) and it says next to it: "this task will be created with administrative privileges"

    But after I change the registry values, and open the Run command again, the administrator shield logo does not appear again.

    One of the problems I face before changing registry values, is that when I search sth on google, google loads pretty slowly and interface changes especially in Images section, like the sizes of the images appear just below each images, not after clicking on the image.

    Cab anybody help please? Much appreciated.

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/jacknigel
    [link] [comments]

    Where can I purchase the HP Envy X2 W10 notebooks running on Qualcomm SnapDragon processors?

    Posted: 15 Apr 2018 04:23 AM PDT

    Last year, HP announced the Envy X2 notebook running on Qualcomm SnapDragon processors. Yesterday, HP announced Chromebook X2, with basically the same design and touch-input capabilities and it goes on sale later this month?

    So, the question is: Whatever happened to the HP Envy X2 notebook running on SnapDragon? Was it a gimmick?

    I broke a hinge on my Dell Latitude and had the Envy X2 in mind as a replacement, will mostly be used for light work and streaming and now, I can't find it on sale anywhere.

    Where do I go from here? Use Chromebook? Move to Google completely?

    submitted by /u/nonpagan86
    [link] [comments]

    How To Repair Windows 10

    Posted: 15 Apr 2018 01:05 PM PDT

    I can't disable Superfetch anymore?

    Posted: 15 Apr 2018 08:26 AM PDT

    Superfetch has been a notorious source of pain and misery on multiple ASUS laptops I've had to work with. It's been broken since Windows 8. Google it if you love stories of pain and misery that end with Microsoft tech support going "idunnowhatever".

    And please, I beg of you, save your "Well I've never had an issue" speeches... I see it in every single thread about this. It doesn't help.

    Time and time again I've brought seemingly bricked PCs back to life by disabling this service. It's a reality that Superfetch will, sooner or later, crush ASUS laptops... Among other Windows services. (Why do you think I need Office Click-To-Run turned back on again? Who the hell was it that thought the average user is going to need to install new Office apps on such a regular basis that they need to stream them, and thus the system should be locked up on a regular basis while streaming services are established... GAH...)

    ANYWAY...

    After the latest surprise Windows Update and automatic reboot (thanks for helping me loose that batch of work Microsoft that was great) Superfetch turned itself back on. Again.

    Well, it had overnight to process whatever it was and eventually unlock the system, so now I can go into MSConfig and...

    I can't disable it anymore. The option to disable Superfetch is no longer there.

    Really? Really?

    I... I have no words... It's just a never-ending series of sabotages every single compulsory no-notice-given Windows update...

    It's official. I'm switching. I've had it. I'm done. Goodbye Microsoft. My god.

    submitted by /u/Ohigetjokes
    [link] [comments]

    How to permanently uninstall/disable Windows 10 Update Assistant?

    Posted: 15 Apr 2018 11:56 AM PDT

    The update process of the Windows 10 Update Assistant krrps popping up, and slows my net down a lot.

    Besides, I don't want any update. I always rollback to an older version, once the Falls Creator update is installed.

    submitted by /u/pragon977
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel