• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Monday, April 16, 2018

    Probably has been said before, but when designing your build, make sure you have power cords long enough for your build.

    Probably has been said before, but when designing your build, make sure you have power cords long enough for your build.


    Probably has been said before, but when designing your build, make sure you have power cords long enough for your build.

    Posted: 16 Apr 2018 08:15 AM PDT

    edit1: I should specify, I meant the internal power cords that connect between the power supply and the motherboard, etc.

    Love my build, thanks to /r/buildapc for helping out so well on this. I decided to get a big tower because I like 'em and I thought I would future-proof myself in case I wanna make upgrades in the future but use the same case. Turns out the power cord from my power supply is a tad too short. Realized now that AMD builds sometimes tend to use smaller cases, so makes sense that cord would be short (would be ideal if it was 6" or so longer). Also the cords from my SSD and internal harddrives are short too because of this. Not the biggest deal, as I hope to get replacement parts at a local supplier, but was a bit of a bummer to halt my build when it was like 90% complete.

    Just thought I'd pass along this newly learned tidbit of wisdom to any future builders.

    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

    Type Item Price
    CPU AMD - Ryzen 7 1700X 3.4GHz 8-Core Processor Purchased For $379.99
    CPU Cooler Cooler Master - Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler Purchased For $36.50
    Motherboard Gigabyte - GA-AB350N-Gaming WIFI (rev. 1.0) Mini ITX AM4 Motherboard Purchased For $147.99
    Memory Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory Purchased For $255.85
    Storage Samsung - 860 Evo 1TB 2.5" Solid State Drive Purchased For $369.99
    Storage Seagate - Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive Purchased For $72.25
    Video Card MSI - GeForce GTX 1070 8GB Video Card Purchased For $719.50
    Case Fractal Design - Define XL R2 (Titanium Grey) ATX Full Tower Case Purchased For $167.99
    Power Supply SeaSonic - FOCUS Plus Gold 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply Purchased For $119.99
    Operating System Microsoft - Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit Purchased For $113.95
    Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
    Total $0.00
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-04-16 10:51 EDT-0400
    submitted by /u/thedeadhipster
    [link] [comments]

    Is a Geforce GTX 1050 an alright start for my first PC?

    Posted: 16 Apr 2018 10:02 AM PDT

    I know that GTX 1050's are pretty outdated, however I am a college student that is saving up for a gaming pc. I'm thinking that I just get a 1050 to cut down my cost by like $150 instead of buying a 1060 or a 1070. I am obviously thinking of upgrading my graphics card later down the line when I save up more money.

    submitted by /u/Rownite
    [link] [comments]

    I work for a PC hardware manufacturer. What is something you guys want that no one makes?

    Posted: 15 Apr 2018 08:23 PM PDT

    Hi guys, The company I work for is relatively small, our HQ is in Taipei. I'm kind of a dull and non-creative guy, but I'd like to know what you guys wish you had but nobody makes. Our engineering capabilities are somewhat limited - we have no software engineering team, and we don't make any products that have circuitboards (IE RAM, Video Cards, etc.). The main products we make are as follows: Chassis, Liquid Coolers, Power Supply Units, Cooling fans, and gaming chairs.

    So, as the title asks, what are some PC hardware products that you guys would like made for you that nobody else makes?

    EDIT: Been getting a lot of suggestions guys. I like it so far and if I see some that are compelling or fit what we can do, I'll definitely reference one of the users here who inspired this idea. However, as /u/lenonymes pointed out, we will get some ideas that simply are not feasible. We have limitations, especially when compared to our larger competitors in the PC hardware manufacturing space. Perhaps the easiest kind of product we can make goes without saying: a mouse pad. Pretty much all PC hardware companies, regardless of their main product (Video cards, motherboards, monitors, whatever their main product is), they can all make a mousepad.

    EDIT 2: replies are flooding my inbox. As mentioned before, our company is in Taipei. If moderators find it necessary, I can submit credentials to them in about 12-14 hours from now.

    EDIT 3: Even something subtle and simple would be a good idea. Maybe ten years ago I saw something that could keep drinks cool using your USB 2.0 port.

    submitted by /u/BreAKersc2
    [link] [comments]

    Will a GTX 1080 FE be enough to play at 1440p 144hz?

    Posted: 16 Apr 2018 01:00 PM PDT

    Like the titles says, will a 1080 FE and i7-7700k be enough to play the majority of games (including AAA)?

    submitted by /u/Declinedkiller8
    [link] [comments]

    HELP! I'm missing my M.2 screw and offset and no one will send me a replacement.

    Posted: 16 Apr 2018 10:20 AM PDT

    I'm in a bit of a pickle, r/buildapc. I just upgraded to a Samsung 960 Evo after building my PC last July (thank you again to everyone here who helped), but I lost the M.2 screw and offset that shipped with my motherboard (ASUS Strix x370-F). Finding a replacement feels impossible, but here's what I've tried so far:

    • Contacted ASUS customer support who told me to contact the retailer that sold me the motherboard for a new screw set.
    • Contacted NewEgg who told me to go back to ASUS because I bought the motherboard in July and was outside my return policy (and gave me no option to simply buy a new screw set).
    • Went back to ASUS who still wouldn't send me a replacement and also gave me no option to buy a new one.
    • Went to Fry's Electronics (I'm in Phoenix) where the employees told me they didn't have the correct screws or offets, but they looked totally clueless and unwilling to help so who knows.

    That's where I'm at right now. My M.2 is screwed in with something I found that would fit, but it's angled awkwardly and honestly I'm the OCD type of guy who can't stand knowing the wrong part is in my PC. ASUS did send me this schematic of the screw and offset, but I have no idea where I could take this to find a new set.

    This community has saved me before, I'm hoping you all can do it again.

    EDIT: I'm dumb and you can order it on Amazon. Thank you, /u/mustfix

    submitted by /u/JimTheLegend
    [link] [comments]

    Gift for a PC lover

    Posted: 16 Apr 2018 03:59 PM PDT

    my boyfriend has just his first pc and I got him a mouse pad that he told me he wanted. Is there anything that I can surprise him with that all pc lovers need for there computers? Just so I know for the future!

    submitted by /u/nicole-marie-527
    [link] [comments]

    Avoid the mistake I made in buying this CM case

    Posted: 16 Apr 2018 11:37 AM PDT

    For my second build I wanted a namebrand case rather than Thermaltake's Versa. I picked up the Cooler Master Masterbox Lite 3. Here's why that was a poor choice:

    • Barely any clearance between my PSU and the HDD meant I spent 4 hours making my hands raw trying to fit a RM550x :(
    • The PCI slot protectors are really hard to remove
    • You're out of luck for cable tidying with one main hole and two small ones right at the top of the case
    • The paint strips easily
    • I've had issues with the USB 3 header cable (can't replicate it anymore but it'd randomly disconnect)
    • The installation instructions are ikea-style (no words) so installing a second hard drive confused the crap out of me
    • I could barely find anything about it online, there's no support page for it

    Spend a bit more on your case if you don't hate yourself. Thank you.

    (PS: good things: it looks nice, it comes with a 2x fan filter, and includes 2x usb 3)

    submitted by /u/dylmye
    [link] [comments]

    Issues going above 8gb memory usage (16gb installed).

    Posted: 16 Apr 2018 04:52 AM PDT

    Hi there,

    I'm currently experiencing some strange issues with my build, particularly with regards to memory usage. I very clearly have 16gb of ram (confirmed through multiple apps + win10 properties) installed in my machine, but anytime I go over 8gb I get programs just flat-out refusing to open. I do a lot of server hosting (video games) using this build, and I'm typically playing on them the same time so usage can get quite high. What confuses me is that even in the worst-case scenarios, the combined memory usage is around 8-9gb in total, which I'm confirming via the 'performance' tab under task manager. At this point I often have issues with programs crashing (including the game itself that I'm playing) and server instability.

    I should have another free 4-5gb of RAM, but I don't seem to be able to utilise it at all. At this stage I'm thinking it could either be;

    -My RAM itself, which is a combination of two different pairs of Kingstons using PC3-10700 and PC3-12800. These cards are probably getting quite old now, so I'm not sure if they're potentially the issue?

    -My CPU, which is also older. I'm using an i5 4670K which I have OC'd to ~4.3 GHZ @ 1.3V. Not sure if the overclocking itself could also be the issue here, but I've stress tested it pretty throughly using IntelBurnTest, and it came back as stable (no crashing, uniform results) after a half hour.

    Honestly it could even be a combination of the two - perhaps overclocking while using older RAM? If anyone could advise on what they think could be the issue here, that'd be great. Also, as a side question, could my older RAM be impacting gaming performance? I've been dealing with constant microstutter in a lot of games, and upgrading my GPU hasn't seemed to help fix this (went to a GTX 1060 6gb, still getting microstutter not present on other machines using 970s with less powerful CPU...)

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/DeliciousChicken1
    [link] [comments]

    980ti for the price if a 1050?

    Posted: 16 Apr 2018 05:51 AM PDT

    I was using a comparison website in the Netherlands and found this: https://imgur.com/gallery/9Czqm

    There is only one store selling and to my knowledge the website looks legit. And one review which is good but still

    Does anyone know the brand? And gpu? Or the seller? (123pc.nl)

    Is this possible or not? Please help

    (been holding of building for gpu prices to go down, but if this is any good I might start buying parts soon)

    Edit: Price comparison of comparable cards: https://imgur.com/gallery/TFMN3

    I used this website for reference https://www.videocardbenchmark.net/high_end_gpus.html

    submitted by /u/noudje001
    [link] [comments]

    I5 8400 vs ryzen 2600 which one would you recommend?

    Posted: 16 Apr 2018 08:49 AM PDT

    Hi there I was wondering what is the best CPU for doing homework aswell as mid teir gaming. Also I don't plan to upgrade in like 4-5 years from building it. I might get into streaming but not sure but I do care about what CPU will last the longest with giving the best performance. For example the i5 2400 was a beast and has lasted this long. So based on this which CPU would you get or recommend?

    submitted by /u/munight
    [link] [comments]

    12GB Ram idea (Will it work!?)

    Posted: 16 Apr 2018 10:20 AM PDT

    Hi, I've looked into 12GB ram setups but the answers have always been really wishy washy, here's a practical example of what I'm thinking of doing. I want to get your opinions on it.

    My motherboard is a ASRock H270M Pro4 with an 8gb stick (G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 8GB 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 2400 (PC4 19200)) as my current ram. If I add a 4gb stick (G.SKILL Aegis 4GB 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 2400 (PC4 19200)) to the motherboard will I get 12Gb working with whatever performance boost expected from the increased ram? Really appreciate your input, thanks

    submitted by /u/V1deoHunterD
    [link] [comments]

    What would you change/keep in my current rig? Target is 1080p 144hz

    Posted: 16 Apr 2018 01:13 PM PDT

    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

    Type Item Price
    CPU Intel - Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor -
    CPU Cooler Corsair - H50 57.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler $49.99 @ Newegg
    Motherboard Gigabyte - GA-Z97M-DS3H Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard -
    Memory Kingston - HyperX Fury Black 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1866 Memory $64.99
    Storage Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive $99.89 @ OutletPC
    Storage Seagate - Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $64.99
    Video Card XFX - Radeon R9 390 8GB Double Dissipation Video Card $289.99
    Case Corsair - Air 240 MicroATX Mid Tower Case $74.99
    Power Supply Corsair - CXM 750W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply $58.99
    Operating System Microsoft - Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit $89.89 @ OutletPC
    Case Fan Corsair - SP120 57.2 CFM 120mm Fans $23.99 @ Amazon
    Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
    Total (before mail-in rebates) $837.71
    Mail-in rebates -$20.00
    Total $817.71
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-04-16 15:49 EDT-0400

    I've been wanting to be able to hit 1080p 144hz just for League of Legends and the other games I play since I just bought a 144hz monitor. I can usually hit about 140 fps but it dips when I get into fights or in other games when there are a lot of textures/particles so I usually have to drop quality to have steady 144hz.

    submitted by /u/chivas604
    [link] [comments]

    Massive stutters and hang ups on 5 year old build

    Posted: 16 Apr 2018 02:19 PM PDT

    Troubleshooting Help:

    Parts List

    i7 4790k

    H100i

    Zotac AMP 980

    ASUS 97A MB

    8gb Rip jaws ram

    Enermax 630W PSU

    Running Windows 8.1

    840 EVO as boot drives, misc hard drives and SSDs for games and all other programs.

    Describe your problem. List any error messages and symptoms. Be descriptive.

    Massive stutters, in games and out. Long black screens while ALT-Tabbing out of a game. Programs like Malwarebytes and Chrome, as well as Windows, stop responding. PUBG fps dumping from ~120 to 1, then back. I always have discord open and a twitch steam running on my other monitors while playing a game on the main screen. This has never been a problem before. Now I can't have a steam open while playing a game without horrible fps and huge stutters. When the PC slows, my keyboard lighting lags as well.

    List anything you've done in attempt to diagnose or fix the problem.

    Ran Malwarebytes and CCleaner. Checked status of all drives.

    Provide any additional details you wish below.

    I watched the usage of my PC while playing games and watching a stream, when chrome is open my cpu usage is fine but my ram nears 95%. Without chrome open, ram hovers around 82%. Chrome is lagging a bit with Malwarebytes scanning as I type this.

    This build has served me well for years and this problem is new. I have no leads and appreciate all help.

    submitted by /u/Trevortmiller
    [link] [comments]

    What specs to shoot for to get a good VR experience?

    Posted: 16 Apr 2018 01:56 PM PDT

    I'm not too familiar with what kind of hardware is utilized the most in VR. (i.e., if it's more CPU intensive, or still falls heavily on GPU like most games)

    My current setup:

    • i5-4440

    • GTX 1060 3GB

    • 8GB DDR3 RAM

    • Samsung 850 EVO

    I built my PC in early 2014, so I know the parts are old (with the exception of the 1060 I upgraded to back in September), but for the most part I can play games fine on high/maxed settings and get 60fps, with some exceptions like WoW in heavily populated areas/raids/BGs.

    Should I expect a similar VR experience?

    submitted by /u/StrangeHand
    [link] [comments]

    First Build Advice

    Posted: 16 Apr 2018 03:51 PM PDT

    Hey guys I'm just trying to get some advice on my current ideas for a build I hope to do in the next month or so. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

    Type Item Price
    CPU AMD - Ryzen 5 1400 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor £105.59 @ Aria PC
    Motherboard Asus - PRIME B350-PLUS ATX AM4 Motherboard £67.46 @ Amazon UK
    Memory G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2400 Memory £89.28 @ Alza
    Storage Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive £35.80 @ Amazon UK
    Video Card MSI - GeForce GTX 970 4GB Twin Frozr V Video Card -
    Case Corsair - 270R ATX Mid Tower Case £51.95 @ Amazon UK
    Power Supply Corsair - VS 550W ATX Power Supply -
    Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
    Total £350.08
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-04-16 23:47 BST+0100
    submitted by /u/BeanSalsa
    [link] [comments]

    PC for boss's son | £500/600

    Posted: 16 Apr 2018 06:33 AM PDT

    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

    Type Item Price
    CPU Intel - Core i3-8100 3.6GHz Quad-Core Processor £88.74 @ Aria PC
    Motherboard ASRock - H310M-HDV Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard £59.74 @ More Computers
    Memory G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory £92.77 @ Amazon UK
    Storage Kingston - A400 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive £29.98 @ Amazon UK
    Storage Hitachi - Ultrastar 7K3000 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive £39.60 @ Aria PC
    Video Card PNY - GeForce GTX 1060 3GB 3GB Video Card £184.70 @ Amazon UK
    Case Thermaltake - Versa H15 MicroATX Mid Tower Case £31.79 @ Ebuyer
    Power Supply Corsair - CXM (2015) 450W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply £47.99 @ Amazon UK
    Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
    Total £575.31
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-04-16 14:31 BST+0100

    How will this system run for a child playing Fornite, Minecraft, Rocket League, Roblox etc. whilst also being future proof? Is the processor worth an upgrade before buying?

    submitted by /u/Dangerbadger
    [link] [comments]

    Quick noob question about replacing a PSU

    Posted: 16 Apr 2018 03:47 PM PDT

    Hey guys, so im a bit of a PC building noob. Basically I'm thinking about replacing my PSU as my PC shuts off suddenly and reboots in the middle of certain games, this is my current build:

    Intel i7 3770 Quad Core 3.40 GHz, . Gigabyte GA-Z77-D3H Motherboard, . 8GB DDR3 Corsair 1600 (2 x 4Gb), . Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro Rev 2 CPU Cooler, 1000Gb SATA Hard Drive SATA 3, . 120Gb SSD 2x 500Gb SSDs Nvidia GTX670, . Aerocool VS-9 Advance Gaming Case, . Corsair 850W Ultra Quiet 80+ ATX PSU (https://www.shop.bt.com/products/corsair-850w-ultra-quiet-80--atx-psu-cmpsu-850txuk-5GK0.html)

    I was thinking of replacing the PSU with this:

    Corsair CX750M 750W Semi-Modular ATX 80 PLUS Bronze Power Supply (https://www.amazon.co.uk/Corsair-CP-9020061-UK-Builder-CXM750-Semi-Modular/dp/B00ALK3QRS)

    I just wanted to know if that was viable/a good idea since I know nothing about ATX, Semi-modular etc.

    Thanks guys!

    submitted by /u/James_Havoc
    [link] [comments]

    MicroATX Gaming build. What would you change?

    Posted: 16 Apr 2018 01:34 PM PDT

    Hey guys. I'm planning on replacing my current i5 3570/ GTX 970 to something fresher (and more compact). With this build im especialy aiming at high tier CPU/mobo because they will definitely outlive at least two gens of GPUs. In the beginning i will most likely use my current 970 and Crucial MX100 SDD. Do you guys have any good alternatives? I'm especially concerned about my pick of cooler and PSU.

    Type Item
    CPU Intel - Core i7-8700K 3.7GHz 6-Core Processor
    CPU Cooler be quiet! - DARK ROCK TF 67.8 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing CPU Cooler
    Motherboard Asus - ROG STRIX Z370-G GAMING (WI-FI AC) Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard
    Memory G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Storage Western Digital - Black 6TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
    Storage2 Crucial MX100 256 GB
    Video Card Asus - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB Turbo Video Card
    Case Fractal Design - Define Mini C MicroATX Mid Tower Case
    Power Supply EVGA - SuperNOVA G3 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply

    Cheers.

    EDIT: Added my current SSD

    submitted by /u/Tirith
    [link] [comments]

    Need help with my pc

    Posted: 16 Apr 2018 03:40 PM PDT

    Hello, this is my first gaming pc I am building. Motherboard: Aorus Z370 Gaming 5 Case: S340 CPU: i7 8700K PSU: Cougar GX-F 750

    My PSU makes a clicking noise and restarts the pc. Nothing ever shows on the screen! I don't know what to do, I am getting desperate! Please help me! I've spent 6-7 hours building the pc. Please find the album of my motherboard and tell me if something is missing! I have a feeling there are important cables that are not connected to the motherboard!

    https://imgur.com/gallery/k9BGw

    submitted by /u/daizn
    [link] [comments]

    Upcoming Ryzen Build: CPU, MB, RAM..

    Posted: 16 Apr 2018 08:06 AM PDT

    After almost a decade of loyal service, I'm upgrading my i7-930 (Yah, that's Bloomfield I think...) and X58 motherboard and hopping on the Ryzen hype train.

    This isn't a completely new build. I already have the case, an older SSD still chugging strong, plus a storage HDD, sound card, AM4 adapter for my CPU cooler, and GPU prices are such that my GeForce GTX 960 is going to have to earn its keep a little while longer until this Bitcoin stuff calms down.

    1. I was planning on going with the Ryzen 1600X, but with 2600X literally around the corner, it probably makes sense to spend the extra $30 and get that instead. Thoughts?

    2. I'm torn between the B350 and X370 motherboards. I'm leaning towards the Asus Strix-F models for price/performance/clarity of features (MSI and Gigabyte have so many redundant models it gives me a headache...). The truth is, I don't do anything crazy with computer. I tried SLI/CrossFire back in 2011 and the experience was so sufficiently frustrating in practice that I'll stick with one GPU from here on out. At most, I'll have 3 hard drives in the build (SSD disk, HDD storage, and a new larger HDD storage). So, the honest truth is I probably don't "need" anything more than a high-end B350 board, but I also want to future-proof as much as possible as removing a motherboard is a pain in the ass compared with just swapping out RAM or GPU. This is the big dilemma for me right now, so any input is appreciated.

    3. While I'm aware that the Zen architecture benefits greatly from faster RAM, with prices as they are, is there any highly compelling reason not to just go with some DDR4 @ 3000 MHz rather than 3200 MHz and save myself $50 and potential compatibility issues? I currently have 12GB of DDR3, so I'm aiming for 16GB in the new build.

    Again, this is a home PC that'll be used for some gaming (Battlefield 4, Witcher 3, XCOM2; not pro or streaming), act as a media base for my music collection, and general productivity tasks. Might start dabbling in video editing down the road, but nothing at a pro level.

    I've already set aside my budget, so I'm not concerned as much with getting the cheapest stuff possible but rather just avoiding to spend extra cash for a 1% difference that's imperceptible in daily use. I'm located in the USA, and I'll be using NewEgg for my purchasing.

    submitted by /u/ItsMeSlinky
    [link] [comments]

    Anything I can do to improve my first build?

    Posted: 16 Apr 2018 03:38 PM PDT

    This is my first time building a PC. Are there any improvements I could make or costs I could cut? I plan to use the stock cooler that comes with the Ryzen for my build.

    my build

    submitted by /u/nebyuelous
    [link] [comments]

    Help with first new PC in 6 years.

    Posted: 16 Apr 2018 03:36 PM PDT

    Build Help/Ready:

    Have you read the sidebar and rules? (Please do)

    Of course.

    What is your intended use for this build? The more details the better.

    Gaming, mainly World of Warcraft. Various Linux administration tasks, some compilation that can be taxing on the CPU.

    Linux will be my main OS, booting into Windows only to play games.

    If gaming, what kind of performance are you looking for? (Screen resolution, framerate, game settings)

    1920x1080 at at least 60 FPS on high settings

    What is your budget (ballpark is okay)?

    ~$1600, but that's not set in stone.

    In what country are you purchasing your parts?

    US

    Post a draft of your potential build here PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

    Type Item Price
    CPU AMD - Ryzen 7 1800X 3.6GHz 8-Core Processor $314.99 @ Amazon
    CPU Cooler Corsair - H100i v2 70.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler $109.89 @ OutletPC
    Motherboard Asus - STRIX X370-F GAMING ATX AM4 Motherboard $179.99 @ SuperBiiz
    Memory Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory $204.99 @ Amazon
    Storage Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive $199.99 @ Amazon
    Video Card EVGA - GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB SC GAMING Video Card $329.99 @ B&H
    Case Fractal Design - Define R6 Black TG ATX Mid Tower Case $148.74 @ Newegg
    Power Supply EVGA - SuperNOVA G3 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply $89.99 @ B&H
    Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
    Total $1578.57
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-04-16 18:27 EDT-0400

    Provide any additional details you wish below.

    I'm using a Lenovo Y510P laptop and it's strating to show its age.

    I appreciate any help that gets thrown my way. I'm a server guy and this really isn't my arena, I feel as if my research has taken me as far as it can. Time for some input from people who know what they're doing.

    I'm not married to any of these components. I think the Ryzen stuff looks cool, and always having been an Intel guy, I figured it time to try it out.

    Video card as well, if the hive mind thinks there are some better AMD options out there in this price range I would be willing to consider it.

    submitted by /u/jr_0t
    [link] [comments]

    Can someone double check me if I understand the PSU Rating correctly?

    Posted: 16 Apr 2018 03:29 PM PDT

    I'm using PC Part Picker to build a PC and it says my wattage estimate is max 299watts. From what I understand about the PSU rating is the efficiency. The 80+ Bronze will draw more power than needed compared to a 80+ Gold correct? Say I'm at max load using 299 watts of power it would draw something like 360 watts?

    submitted by /u/TheRhynock
    [link] [comments]

    Is this a good starter pc for gaming?

    Posted: 16 Apr 2018 03:05 PM PDT

    The specs are as follows: OS: Windows 10 CPU: AMD FX8350. 8 core at 4.0GHZ GPU: MSI amd R9 290x 4gb gddr5 Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 Gaming. Has Type C, and M.2 support. Ram: 8GBs Corsair Vengeance Pro 2x4gb DDR3 sticks. Storage: 128gb SSD for boot, 1TB for storage. PSU: Corsair CX650 (Brand new) Case: Corsair spec alpha, Case Fans: 5 Corsair AF120 Purple LEDs All for $550 I just want to know if this PC Will be able to play fortnite and PUBG as well as some indie games. Thanks in advance

    submitted by /u/Silyfury
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel