• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Monday, April 16, 2018

    Laptops Where Is The New XPS 15?

    Laptops Where Is The New XPS 15?


    Where Is The New XPS 15?

    Posted: 16 Apr 2018 11:14 AM PDT

    Numerous online articles said it would be coming out on the Dell site on the 16th, but it is nowhere to be found?

    submitted by /u/vry322
    [link] [comments]

    It's heeeeeeere! (HP Spectre x360 with 8705G)

    Posted: 16 Apr 2018 01:03 PM PDT

    4k RGBW vs. FHD RGB

    Posted: 16 Apr 2018 10:05 AM PDT

    On average, how would a 4k/UHD, with RGBW, panel compare to a FHD with RGB? In terms of picture quality, should I take a good RGB FHD screen or a RGBW UHD would still have a better quality and details?

    submitted by /u/kareemicy
    [link] [comments]

    Is the Dell G3 15 worth it? (Details in post)

    Posted: 16 Apr 2018 10:45 AM PDT

    I'm looking for a laptop which I can both use to game modern titles (Fallout 4, Batman Arkham Knight, Nier:Automata, FFXV) with decent settings (medium settings, >50 FPS) while also take to work in a professional setting and not have people stare at my "hardcore gaming machine".

    The Dell G-series fits this bill, and I am interested in the Dell G3 15. Here is the link: http://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/dell-laptops/new-dell-g3-15/spd/g-series-15-3579-laptop/dncwgf427s

    Here are the details:

    • Price: $1100 (USD)

    • Processor: 8th Generation Intel® Core™ i7-8750H

    • RAM: 16GB DDR4, 2666MHz

    • Storage: 256GB Solid State Drive (Boot) + 1TB 5400RPM Hard Drive (Storage)

    • GPU: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1050 Ti with 4GB GDDR5 graphics memory

    I really don't want to go beyond $1200 for a laptop. Again, I'm sure there are better gaming laptops at slightly lower prices, but I'm going to be taking it to work while coding, having conference calls, meetings, etc. so I need it to look professional too (which not too many gaming computers look the part). I'm worried that the 1050 Ti GPU won't be as good as a 1060 Max-Q which comes with other configurations for a higher price. The Dell G7 15 (http://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/dell-laptops/new-dell-g7-15/spd/g-series-15-7588-laptop/dncwfsb902s) is $100 more expensive with a 1060 Max-Q, but with a reduced SSD of 128 GB from the 256 GB, and personally I don't think it's worth it.

    I don't see any reviews for this yet. Any thoughts?

    submitted by /u/IntegralCosecantXdX
    [link] [comments]

    Alternative to HP Envy 17-u273cl

    Posted: 16 Apr 2018 01:57 PM PDT

    I'm curious if there's any better alternatives (at similar ~$600-$800 price; refurbished is OK) to the HP Envy below. I need a budget laptop for graphic design and some light gaming.

    Preferably something that runs cool and features a color-accurate display. Battery life, ports, size, weight are less important.

    https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA6ZP70G8042&ignorebbr=1&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleMKP-PC&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleMKP-PC-_-pla-_-Notebooks-_-9SIA6ZP70G8042&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIs5jf1ZC_2gIVFK_ICh28EQt5EAkYASABEgK7svD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

    submitted by /u/tuvaorbust
    [link] [comments]

    Dell xPS 13 vs Macbook Pro vs Asus Zenbook 13

    Posted: 16 Apr 2018 01:43 PM PDT

    • Total budget and country of purchase: $1600 and USA

    • Do you prefer a 2 in 1 form factor, good battery life or best specifications for the money? Pick or include any that apply. Good battery life is important to me, but I don't care about 2 in 1.

    • How important is weight and thinness to you? I want an ultraportable laptop, under three pounds, so this is key.

    • Which OS do you require? Windows, Mac, Chrome OS, Linux. No OS requirement

    • Do you have a preferred screen size? If indifferent, put N/A. N/A

    • Are you doing any CAD/video editing/photo editing/gaming? List which programs/games you desire to run. Potentially some light gaming

    • If you're gaming, do you have certain games you want to play? At what settings and FPS do you want? Games such as Bioshock, Age of Empires, Minecraft, and NBA 2K; Whatever FPS would be functional

    • Any specific requirements such as good keyboard, reliable build quality, touch-screen, finger-print reader, optical drive or good input devices (keyboard/touchpad)? No particular requirements, just looking for the best machine

    • Leave any finishing thoughts here that you may feel are necessary and beneficial to the discussion. I am trying to decide between three different laptops to buy in the coming week. I like particular things about each of them. For the Dell XPS 13 and Zenbook, I like that they both have a current generation quad core processor. I know the XPS is the most solid Windows laptop, while the Zenbook would allow for some light gaming with the many games I own on Steam. For the Macbook, I will be receiving a PC for my job in the coming months, and have always admired the software and long lasting nature of the products. I have been leaning towards the Macbook, but am weary about the 7th generation processor that it carries and how that will effect performance in the future. I would love to hear everyon's thoughts

    Dell: http://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/xps-13/13-9370/spd/xps-13-9370-laptop

    Macbook Pro: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/apple-macbook-pro-13-display-intel-core-i5-8-gb-memory-256gb-flash-storage-latest-model-space-gray/5721740.p?skuId=5721740

    Asus: https://www.amazon.com/UX331UN-WS51T-Ultra-Slim-WideView-Processor-Fingerprint/dp/B078T1715R

    submitted by /u/chicagohoosiers
    [link] [comments]

    Samsung fixes the Chromebook Pro with a new backlit keyboard version

    Posted: 16 Apr 2018 01:26 PM PDT

    Best highEnd/gaming Laptops

    Posted: 16 Apr 2018 01:19 PM PDT

    What are some of the best choices when it comes to high end, or gaming laptops? Or just laptops in general?

    From my research so far, it seems like ASUS or Dell XPS? I've also stumbled acroos the Razer Blade but I'm reading a lot of horror stories about it.

    What are some recommendations? PRO's and CON's to the different options.

    submitted by /u/MisterLoox
    [link] [comments]

    Is it insane to get an i7-7700hq laptop now?

    Posted: 16 Apr 2018 03:33 AM PDT

    Hi all,

    I've been eyeing laptops with 100+ hz screens for a while but they've always been a bit out of my price range.

    Now Dell's trying to get rid of their Kaby Lake stock and I'm considering getting an Alienware at 400 Euro discount.

    I do mostly game development and Blizzard games, the latter all work well with high frame rates and are single-core bound.

    The laptop has a 99wh battery but also Gsync (which I don't see the point of at framerates this high), does that mean the GPU-fan is always on? What kind of battery life can I expect? The GPU is a 1060.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/throwawayie294
    [link] [comments]

    XPS 9560 or ASUS UX550 ?

    Posted: 16 Apr 2018 12:26 PM PDT

    Hello guys. Im looking to buy a new laptop because I'm leaving for university. I will be using it for school, some light gaming, coding and step by step I want to learn using new programs for editing videos etc..

    I live in the middle Europe so XPS 9570 will be available in our country too late for me. I need to buy it next month. Aero 15, Xiaomi Pro and many more good notebooks are not available in my country so I need to chose between these two.

    The price is around 1600€ for notebook. In case of buying XPS I need to spend 80€ more because ASUS comes with the gift of 1tb external disk. Both have i7 7700HQ, GTX 1050. Asus has 16gb of ram which I don't primary need and I can upgrade it on XPS later. Asus has 512gb ssd and the XPS has 256gb. So these are the main differences in specs. XPS has 97wh battery or 73wh.

    To sum up which of these 2 would you buy in my situation ? Also maybe you can share some experience, mainly problems which you had with these notebooks if you have or had one of them.

    Thanks for your sharin and sorry for my English I'm not a native speaker.

    submitted by /u/dejvooo
    [link] [comments]

    Is the xps 15 9560 still worth it on sale?

    Posted: 16 Apr 2018 06:21 AM PDT

    Deals at Microsoft store are $1299 for it,8gb and $1499 for i7 16gb.

    Is that worth it still or should I wait for new models? I don't game much and don't want to spend over $1500.

    submitted by /u/newtonfb
    [link] [comments]

    Student in need of a laptop

    Posted: 16 Apr 2018 11:44 AM PDT

    Hello everyone. I'm a student in need of a laptop, looking to spend under $1000 (around $700-$800 is ideal). With this laptop, I will be doing basic school work (Microsoft office, internet research, emails) and using some engineering software (matlab, solidworks, etc). Any suggestions on laptops that fit this criteria? Thank you so much.

    submitted by /u/anthonygociu
    [link] [comments]

    2017 Razer Blade 14 7700hq 1060 - hitting 100 degrees - repaste??

    Posted: 16 Apr 2018 11:24 AM PDT

    Toshiba satellite s55t

    Posted: 16 Apr 2018 11:05 AM PDT

    I bought a toshiba s55t laptop and has these specs Intel i7-4702mq processor Ram 12 gig Intel hd 4600

    All i wamt to know is can it play most games

    submitted by /u/Mickblaze
    [link] [comments]

    Selling Laptop, need harddrive formatting advice

    Posted: 16 Apr 2018 08:18 AM PDT

    Hi! I'm selling my HP Omen to somebody and I was wondering what is the safest way (for my personal info) to format the HD?

    If I just windows format and reinstall Windows 10 would that be safe enough?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/GPL89
    [link] [comments]

    Dell Inspiron 15

    Posted: 16 Apr 2018 01:32 AM PDT

    Any good deals on the 1060 one ?

    submitted by /u/aaaqwqw120
    [link] [comments]

    Laptop for light gaming under 1000€/$ and 4,4lb?

    Posted: 16 Apr 2018 06:42 AM PDT

    So I'm currently in a need of a functional laptop that could run some games (if it could run 3D games like csgo or fortnite or even ow on low settings 1080p around 60fps). My current laptop is pretty bulky and cant even run Oxenfree or poker night 2 steady 30 fps.

    I know there are alot of thin laptops but they always lack something. Were it storage space or dedicated GPU or just overall lacklusting CPU. Cheaper gaming laptops on other hand have decent specs but the portability is also a major factor for me. Also I would appreciate a battery life of over 6-7h as if I end up buing a used one then the batter still has some life left in it.

    So Im asking if there is some good compromise between all these things I am looking for and yes I know pretty much everyone wants something like this but I am getting desperate. So any help someone could give would be greatly appreciated.

    Edit: After browsing abit more I have come to the conclusion that maybe 6-7 hour battery life is too much to ask atleast form a laptop that has other than dual core and low power components.

    submitted by /u/Xanduxer
    [link] [comments]

    Laptop price too good to be true?

    Posted: 16 Apr 2018 05:57 AM PDT

    So i found an asus laptop for a price that sounds too good to be true Below is quoted what the seller said

    "Im selling my Asus laptop, it is like new, it was used only for a few months, year 2017, without errors, repairs, etc. I do not accept anything. The price is 1850 lei (460$) and it is fixed. The laptop comes in the box, I offer the carry bag and mouse gaming as please, I have no papers anymore. Do not disturb yourself. Here are some specifications.

    Asus G752VT-DH72 Processor i7-6700HQ 2.6GHz gen. a6 a.

    Display 17.3 "1920x1080 FHD.

    16gb ram, 256ssd + 1tb hdd.

    Nvidia GeForce GTX970M 3gb DDR5 Video Card.

    Optical Drive DVD + RW / CD-RW.

    G-Sync function, windows 10, hdmi, usb, battery + 4h, original feeder."

    He also put pictures with the laptop running and he checked the delivery with 5 min verification. What im thinking is that the gtx970m is broken so he uses the integrated gpu Payment method is that i pay when i get the package after checking it.

    submitted by /u/cloud9atom
    [link] [comments]

    Why is this the same price? (Gaming Bundle)

    Posted: 16 Apr 2018 05:50 AM PDT

    Thoughts on schenker

    Posted: 16 Apr 2018 05:40 AM PDT

    Found one 17.3 UHD with i7-8750h (want those 3) but unsure about brand..

    Schenker is 2200€-2350€ in germany.. depending which SSD I would take

    https://geizhals.de/schenker-xmg-pro-17-m18scm-10504650-a1804697.html

    submitted by /u/juuhuu
    [link] [comments]

    8th gen i7 w/ 1060 3gb (or) 7th gen i7 with 1060 6gb

    Posted: 16 Apr 2018 05:14 AM PDT

    looking at a few laptops right now to bring around with me while I demo vr for people. Mostly architecture stuff, some games. What do you think is more essential 8th gen i7 or 1060 6gb?

    this msi - $1250 - 8700h + 1060 3gb https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834154829&ignorebbr=1

    or this

    Acer - $1050 ($1140) - 7700hq + 1060 gb https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06Y4GZS9C/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

    i saw the CUK Vr ready laptop but that is a little over my budget - ($1466) ohttps://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B079NHXMS3/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A2TC87EJKQMY9O&psc=1

    submitted by /u/mrmarshall9o9
    [link] [comments]

    ASUS VivoBook F510UA in the UK?

    Posted: 16 Apr 2018 05:11 AM PDT

    I'm building a buy-list for later this year. I'm looking for a light but good performance laptop, and I really like the ASUS VivoBook F510UA.

    However, I can't find it on any store in the UK, not even Amazon. Any leads?

    submitted by /u/anotherbozo
    [link] [comments]

    Is the 144hz upgrade as revolutionary if I'm not really a gamer?

    Posted: 15 Apr 2018 09:18 PM PDT

    Don't get made wrong, I love video games. It's just that with life coming at me a million mph I'm a filthy casual at best. I'm looking for a laptop that can breeze through video editing and solidworks 3d modeling and I want to know If 144hz is worth the upgrade if I'm not spending my evenings playing CS go?

    submitted by /u/evilblackdog
    [link] [comments]

    Did Clevo update the p641HK with 8th gen?

    Posted: 16 Apr 2018 04:36 AM PDT

    I'm thinking of getting a clevo (metabox in Australia) but I want to wait for the 8th gen processors given the perfomance jump. Also hoping for thunderbolt 3 as well. Did they update the model or not yet?

    submitted by /u/chen64
    [link] [comments]

    Canadian student interested in an refurbished XPS 15. Need Advice.

    Posted: 15 Apr 2018 06:37 PM PDT

    I'm a university student in Canada on the market for a new laptop. Currently, my top choice is the XPS 15 9560 (ideally the i7, 500 GB SSD, non-touch, model). Money is tight so I'm looking to buy a refurbished model.

    There's a pretty good deal on the Dell store but it only seems to ship within the US. I've looked into the possibility of some package forwarding service, but I don't have any experience with it. If anyone has any experience with buying a refurbished Dell laptop from Canada or another non-US country, either from the Dell outlet or another outlet, I would appreciate some advice.

    Also, I understand that the new XPS 15 (9570) is coming in May. Will the price of a refurbished 9560 drop significantly from what it is now, when the new model gets released? I am concerned that there will be shortage of 9560's, causing me to not be able to get my preferred model, but if there's enough of a price drop, I'd be willing to take the risk.

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/laptopadvice2342
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel