• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Wednesday, April 18, 2018

    Laptops Gigabyte Aero 14 8th release?

    Laptops Gigabyte Aero 14 8th release?


    Gigabyte Aero 14 8th release?

    Posted: 18 Apr 2018 08:28 AM PDT

    Has anyone heard about when this laptop will be available? I keep seeing all the stuff about the 15x but haven't seen anything about the 14.

    submitted by /u/ResitutorOrbis
    [link] [comments]

    My review of the HP Spectre X360 and Dell XPS 13 9370

    Posted: 18 Apr 2018 11:42 AM PDT

    I spent a long time deciding between the two laptops, and no one on /r/laptops or /r/SuggestALaptop gave me a concrete answer as to which laptop is better. I decided to go with the HP Spectre X360 because it was $500 cheaper, had an all metal build, has a 2in1 functionality, comes with a USB-C to HDMI adapter, has a USB-A port, the new HP logo looks cool, and felt like I could trust HP since they're the #1 PC manufacturer in the world. Huge mistake.

    There are so many flaws with the HP Spectre X360, that I recommend anyone spend more money for a Dell, Surface, or spend less money for an Asus, Lenovo, etc.

    I'll list all the flaws:

    • Synaptics trackpad is a piece of shit. This is the biggest reason why I got buyer's remorse on this thing. Coming from an Asus Zenbook, it took a few days to get used to the Synaptics trackpad. The cursor is so slow to move, scrolling is horribly slow as well despite setting the scrolling speed to the fastest, and for the three-finger app switching, you would have to be swiping for a while before even the app switcher comes on. I just couldn't get used to how shitty the trackpad is, even though the Asus Zenbook isn't exactly known for having the best trackpad either. I heard installing Precision drivers on it makes it better, but I wasn't exactly sure if I wanted to do that.
    • 2in1 functionality is useless since currently I have no classes that require handwritten notes. It's faster to just type on the keyboard. The few times I've used the 2in1 functionality, I had problems with palm rejection which made it scroll or zoom instead.
    • Heats up and fan runs like crazy when using it while charging. I don't have a thermometer but I can confidently say it goes well over 45~50C even on light usage, it is hot to the touch. It would do this even when I'm just doing light usage like browsing the internet, viewing PDFs, and running Microsoft Office.
    • Coil whine while in sleep and charging. Very annoying.
    • Dim screen, I have to get the brightness up to 75% just to be able to use it indoors. The default brightness is at 70%, when other manufacturers usually set it to about 40% or 50% by default.
    • Bad quality webcam. Even though it is FHD, it looks worse than HD webcams on other laptops.
    • Bad build quality. The hinge feels like it could fall off any moment when you open and close it.

    Now, my experience with the Dell XPS 13 9370: Everything is much better than the HP Spectre X360, without big flaws.

    • I love the bezelless Infinity Edge display.
    • Build quality is much better, the hinge actually feels rock stable. I was worried that the carbon fibre material on the keyboard would feel less premium than metal, but it actually is not.
    • Screen is more than bright enough at 50% brightness, and the Sharp IGZO panel has simply stunning colors.
    • The anti-glare coating on the display is great.
    • No coil whine that's loud enough across the room. Even with my ears to the keyboard while charging, I only hear an occasional buzz that's not so high pitched.
    • Keyboard is actually better than the HP Spectre X360 in my opinion, despite some reviewers claiming that the keyboard is better on the HP Spectre X360. I can type faster without typos, and I'm not experiencing any typing errors even when I type fast.
    • No noticeable heating up or fan running loudly when using while charging.
    • The Precision trackpad is excellent. Sensitivity, and speed is just how I like it, and there's less input lag.
    • Better design, Dell logo is actually legible unlike the HP logo which looks like ////

    However there indeed are a few flaws I've found with the Dell XPS 13 9370 in a few days:

    • Webcam location. Everyone mentions this and it is so true. The angle looks so awkward.
    • Keyboard backlight aggressively auto-dimming. I swear it turns off just after 3 seconds of typing or using the trackpad. Very annoying.
    • Content adaptive brightness control. I've turned it off in BIOS but it was very annoying.

    The Dell XPS 13 9370 was very worth the couple hundred dollars update from the HP Spectre X360. I am very satisfied.

    TL;DR: Can't really recommend the HP Spectre X360 unless you don't have the money or hate other premium laptops such as the XPS and Surface.

    submitted by /u/Mathcmput
    [link] [comments]

    Aero 15X v8 Will Not Update Nvidia Drivers.

    Posted: 18 Apr 2018 12:44 PM PDT

    GeForce Experience reports that the drivers are up to date, while sporting a driver from December 17th.

    I tried to manually install the update, but the installer reports no compatible hardware found.

    The 1070 MaxQ is running and detected.

    submitted by /u/PandaRepostah
    [link] [comments]

    I'm finding conflicting information about the Aero 15x Release Date...

    Posted: 18 Apr 2018 05:58 AM PDT

    Amazon shows May 11th but a google search says it was supposed to be released on April 16th. (USA)

    submitted by /u/evilblackdog
    [link] [comments]

    Any laptop with i7 8th gen, 87xx ?

    Posted: 18 Apr 2018 01:39 PM PDT

    I'm looking for a laptop with an 8th gen i7 truly based on Coffee Lake, but I can't seem to find accurate info by just googling. Any help?

    submitted by /u/boffum
    [link] [comments]

    is 120hz and g sync worth extra 100 dollars?

    Posted: 18 Apr 2018 01:11 PM PDT

    Hello. I bought the asus rog gl503vm from Costco for 1000$. The panel is 60hz without g sync. So today I saw the same laptop in bestbuy but with a 120hz g sync panel for 1100$. It has a gtx 1060 3gb instead of the 6gb though. So my question is, is the 120hz and g sync worth it? even if it got the 3gb 1060 instead of the 6gb? Any opinions please?

    submitted by /u/dynamix_98
    [link] [comments]

    Should I return my Omen X 17-ap020nr, Black Laptop? (85C CPU Heat!?!)

    Posted: 18 Apr 2018 12:15 PM PDT

    I purchased the https://www.amazon.com/HP-17-inch-i7-7820HK-solid-state-17-ap020nr/dp/B075XHLDHC about 20 days ago and I'm still within my 30 day return opportunity.

    I love this Laptop in so many ways... However It simply was not designed for heat management for the components they put in it.

    It's Intel Core i7-7820HK can reach up to 85 Celsius if I push it to the Ultra settings in games. I never feel any of this heat personally while playing but It worries me that modern games are capable of making get so Hot.

    The reason I believe this happens is because it's 1080 GPU shares the same heat pipe as the CPU... So if I play a game that pushes them both it gets into the 80C range... (Which is 176 Fahrenheit)

    The GPU can reach about 75-80 as well

    I have not tried re-pasting it yet or doing anything to increase it's cooling capabilities.

    Is my worry justified here and should I return the Laptop or is this normal and are there solutions?

    It's kind of a shame because the Laptop looks great, feels great, and plays games great, however this Heat issue seems like it's to big to ignore.

    I have undervolted the CPU by -120 and this does help keep it away from 85C but it will still reach 80-82C on most games if pushed.

    I've heard that Laptops can handle high temperatures better then PCs but... I just don't know if this is worth returning or not and if I should be concerned or not.

    If you think I should return this laptop would Laptop would you suggest I replace it with? Or should I just build a Desktop instead?

    submitted by /u/Macadamia42
    [link] [comments]

    Can a graphic card driver update kill a laptop gpu?

    Posted: 18 Apr 2018 11:58 AM PDT

    Almost 2 years ago,I decided to do a driver update for my amd card in hopes it might get me closer to 30 fps in overwatch.Mid driver update laptop blue screened and laptop kept crashing until amd drivers were uninstalled.I tried at least 10 versions of amd drivers but none worked.

    I am not looking for tech support.I just want to figure out how my gpu died.I can't link my laptop since its discontinued.But here is the model name - Lenovo z51-70 80k6 Specs:

    i5 5200u

    8gb ram

    1tb 5400rm hdd

    amd r9 m375x 4gb

    submitted by /u/bokszegibusnoob
    [link] [comments]

    Dell XPS 9560 vs 9570 for $500 in savings?

    Posted: 18 Apr 2018 07:44 AM PDT

    Would appreacite any thoughts on if the i7 gen 8, the 1050Ti are worth the extra $500?

    Main use would be:

    • Business activities (excel,word)
    • Decent amount of Lightroom and Photoshop work (hobby not professional)
    • Light Gaming (Rocket League, Overwatch currently)
    submitted by /u/rjivani
    [link] [comments]

    Laptop Suggestions?

    Posted: 18 Apr 2018 11:30 AM PDT

    I want a balance between being good enough for games, but being a good laptop overall. My Lenovo Legion Y520 is being replaced because the battery is not holding the sort of charge it should be after seven months. I would get the same model since I think it might be the best available at this price range, but the inability to replace the battery on my own really is a BIG negative. Thoughts? I prefer to get it from Costco unless there is a really good deal that can't be passed up.

    https://www.costco.com/laptops.html

    submitted by /u/Shadowban89
    [link] [comments]

    Huawei Matebook X Pro - My Favorite Laptop

    Posted: 17 Apr 2018 04:15 PM PDT

    What do you use your old laptops for?

    Posted: 18 Apr 2018 03:02 AM PDT

    I currently have 2 old laptops, both with Windows XP 32 bit, and no idea what to use them for. So I'm curious, what did / do you use the old laptops for?

    submitted by /u/Maora234
    [link] [comments]

    dell inspiron 7567 Or Lenovo Legion Y520

    Posted: 18 Apr 2018 10:21 AM PDT

    I'm looking for a gaming laptop that can do video editing and photoshop. I mostly play rocket league (currently I have late 2012 21 inch imac and I can run rocket league with 1080p lowest 70 fps) Csgo,battlefront,gta 5,tf2,battlefield 1.I was actually going to get macbook pro early 2015 but since I play games more than I edit videos or photoshop thats why I chose gaming laptop.

    Which one is good?

    I need a good screen (dell has a crappy screen but I guess I can get used to that crappy screen. lenovo has a decent screen)

    I heard that dell can get 6 hours of SOT (I will use laptop while traveling also) lenovo can only get 4 hrs (which is not enough for me)

    and also good trackpad (keyboard doesn't matter too much for me since I have a mechanical keyboard)

    1 more question How long will I be able to play rocket league on lowest settings (except screen scaling) 1080p vsync on dell inspiron 7567or Lenovo Legion Y520?

    My current pc specs: Intel core i5 3th generation 2.7ghz turbo boost upto 3.2ghz Nvidia Geforce GT 640m 512mb vram 1TB HDD 5400RPM

    submitted by /u/Aksel3D
    [link] [comments]

    Laptop/Gaming/Uni/2 in 1 query... decisions decisions!! Help please.

    Posted: 18 Apr 2018 10:08 AM PDT

    Hi, So: I'm off to uni in September meaning I'll be needing a laptop or something to work on. Just refunded my Alienware 17 r4 due to constant issues meaning I have £2,500. The plan is to spend a portion of that or at least save some for a car.

    The rest... a laptop with a dgpu or a working laptop that I could perhaps use coincident with an egpu. I want to game. Probably every now and then rather than all the time. I love the pc gaming side of things rather than console.

    Perhaps a monitor/tv and console then a working laptop that could do light gaming? Idk. Or! A laptop that can game but that can plug into an egpu and monitor for bigger display.

    Budget £1,500 max. However make suggestions regardless... if you like.

    Dilemma aye. Any help appreciated. Thank you. Any specs. Games I wanna play are fortnite which is pretty low but also to have THE OPTION to play a few heavier titles? Not necessary though. Thank you!

    submitted by /u/zardoss21
    [link] [comments]

    Question: How much do Touch screens really affect battery life? (more in comment)

    Posted: 18 Apr 2018 08:09 AM PDT

    Asking about Integrated graphic cards

    Posted: 18 Apr 2018 07:55 AM PDT

    Hey. So I'm in the process of buying a new laptop to do some amateur GoPro video-editing, schoolwork (office, statistical programs) and low-end gaming (insurgency). Most of the mid- to high-end laptops I find (800-1000€) come with lots of RAM and SSD + a good processor but mostly also an integrated graphics card (I somehow expected this price range to introduce dedicated graphic cards but apparently not). I'm not very tech-savvy, so I have a few questions:

    1) Are integrated graphic cards any good for amateur video-editing, low-end gaming and school work (office, statistical programs), or should I just go straight for a laptop that hosts a dedicated one (I don't wanna spend much more than 1000e). 2) How do I know which integrated graphic cards are any good for these purposes (or at all)? 3) I assume that a dedicated graphic cards would reduce the need for RAM, but that there are other trade-offs (heat, weight, performance)?

    What I like about the integrated cards is that they apparently save battery life, weigh less, reduce heat by a lot (thermal throttling) and don't generate much noise (these are all issues that I have with my current laptop).

    4) So basically I'm just unsure about how good integrated graphic cards are in mid- to high-end laptops and would love clarification on this. Are there any other trade-offs between dedicated and integrated cards?

    Also, if you have any laptop suggestions that fit the criteria feel free. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/sentryduty
    [link] [comments]

    Can Matebook x pro run league or legends? Question regarding Huawei Matebook X pro, and it’s gaming capacity, more detail in comments

    Posted: 17 Apr 2018 10:13 PM PDT

    Switching laptop CPUs

    Posted: 18 Apr 2018 06:22 AM PDT

    Hello. A friend of mine has an ASUS X553SA-XX021D laptop with a crappy CPU and he wonders if he can switch/upgrade it. I know some laptops' CPUs can't be removed, so I wonder if anyone can tell me if this model is one of them. Thank you in anticipation.

    submitted by /u/AlexTheKiller123
    [link] [comments]

    (8th gen CPU Laptops) Aero 15x vs XPS 15 vs New Asus Zenbook

    Posted: 17 Apr 2018 09:36 PM PDT

    I can't decide which one to buy. I also can't find specific updated information on any of them. I would like to spend no more than around 2100-2200 USD.

    I am going to use this for college (hopefully for the next 4 year, also I am a CS major) I will do light gaming on it but not often. can I get a pros and cons list from anyone who is more knowledgeable than me?

    submitted by /u/Huffman_Elite
    [link] [comments]

    I5 7th gen with a 1060 or i5 8th gen with 1050 ti?

    Posted: 17 Apr 2018 09:30 PM PDT

    I'm talking about the recent g-series that came out. I'm thinking of refunding my 7577 for the 8th gen g-series 17. Should I?

    submitted by /u/FurryB3ast
    [link] [comments]

    Need a 17inch Desktop Replacement Laptop w/ high Specs

    Posted: 17 Apr 2018 10:21 PM PDT

    Hey everyone,

    i'm looking for a laptop. Trying to find a good 17 inch laptop, that uses the 8th gen intel chips, and it needs to have a 1070 max Q or better. 16gb or better memory. I would prefer it to have good options for storage but I can always swap those out later no big deal.

    I also want to avoid the black/red aesthetic. More tasteful colors like blue, gold, silver, black, white are all fine.

    Having a hard time finding anything that meets all these criteria, if you have a suggestion i would really appreciate it.

    submitted by /u/MarineRevenge
    [link] [comments]

    Need some help with my SSD

    Posted: 18 Apr 2018 03:00 AM PDT

    Hi there! I recently bought an HP Envy Ryzen laptop. After I mistakenly bought a SATA M.2 SSD, but then I came to know that my laptop supports PCIe SSD but not SATA SSD. Is there any way to use my SSD with my laptop? Are there any adapter available?

    Thank you :)

    submitted by /u/Federico3213
    [link] [comments]

    Transitioned from gaming pC to docking station, is it bad to have my laptop perpetually charging?

    Posted: 17 Apr 2018 07:41 PM PDT

    The docking station charges it, and it spends a good amount of time in the docking station. Any harm in having it constantly charging? This is for a Dell XPS13 9370

    submitted by /u/ProseJunkie
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel