• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Tuesday, April 17, 2018

    I realized i'm one of those sick people who buy a high memory phone (64GB+) and then get a thrill when they see how little space they are in fact using. Are there more like me? Android Help

    I realized i'm one of those sick people who buy a high memory phone (64GB+) and then get a thrill when they see how little space they are in fact using. Are there more like me? Android Help


    I realized i'm one of those sick people who buy a high memory phone (64GB+) and then get a thrill when they see how little space they are in fact using. Are there more like me?

    Posted: 17 Apr 2018 11:15 AM PDT

    Title says it all, I have a Xiaomi 5 Plus 64GB, have a 64GB SD card, got all my books with me, all my music, both spotify and offline, loving taking photos, got all .rom files for the mayor consoles of my youth, Rick and Morty always there... my entire digital life! However my homescreens widget always shows me RAM, SD space etc. And I still get a thrill when I see I have close to 37GB of free space. That's weird right? Am I the only one who has this quirk?

    submitted by /u/Archolm
    [link] [comments]

    My google home won't connect to wifi

    Posted: 17 Apr 2018 04:43 PM PDT

    How would I go about connecting Google home to a wifi that has an online sign in. I'm at work and it has that wifi popup when you connect to the wifi where it asks you to agree to the TOS, my question is if there is a way to connect my Google home to this sort of wifi? (Direct me to the right sub if this is the incorrect one)

    submitted by /u/Saucypikl
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a way to mirror your android device screen to a PC without an app?

    Posted: 17 Apr 2018 05:12 PM PDT

    My Galaxy S5's screen recently died but it still works and the touch screen responds with vibrations (ie if i unlock it and tap where the passcode numbers should be it vibrates), so I was wondering if there was a way i could connect it to my PC and still view the screen, just so I can suss getting contact numbers etc off it.

    Everything I've looked at on google in terms of mirroring however requires having an app on the device, which is gonna be pretty hard to install vvia blind tapping.

    Cheers

    submitted by /u/Mr_Austine
    [link] [comments]

    Visiting the US and Att blocked my WiFi tethering, what are my options?

    Posted: 17 Apr 2018 01:53 AM PDT

    My phone was bought in the UK and is totally unlocked - Google Pixel xl

    How the hell does this sim chip disable a function on my phone? And how do I get around it

    Edit: downloaded pdanet on my phone and Bluetooth transferred it to the other devices. Everything working again..

    Fuck ATT

    submitted by /u/mjr2015
    [link] [comments]

    Linux/android question about installing Linux on an android device

    Posted: 17 Apr 2018 08:42 PM PDT

    Hello guys, I'm wondering if it's possible to install linux on to my android phone, and by installing I mean installing a completely new operating system to my phone(not using vnc on top of android. My phone is an LG 6.

    submitted by /u/windows11llll
    [link] [comments]

    Locked out of Motorola Droid Maxx 2

    Posted: 17 Apr 2018 04:44 PM PDT

    Accidentally locked myself out of my phone, and forgot the password. Is there any reliable way I can get back in, and if not, what does the reset do?

    submitted by /u/thesaltyjerry
    [link] [comments]

    How to Disable Custom Tabs

    Posted: 17 Apr 2018 04:27 PM PDT

    I need a way to turn off Chrome's custom tabs on my phone

    submitted by /u/notasuperhuman
    [link] [comments]

    How to play music during a call?

    Posted: 17 Apr 2018 08:06 PM PDT

    So, this is an issue that's been bothering me for a long time. I want to talk on the phone while also having music in the background. I talk with my SO all the time with my headphones, and I would love to play music with it. I do it all the time with my SO on my computer with Skype when I'm studying so why is it not possible on Android with Spotify for example. Some apps like Whatsapp allow you to do this but the audio quality turns to complete garbage town, making the music sound as if it's from the AM radio.

    Is there any app that will allow you to play music and call at the same time? Is there a workaround for this seemingly stupidly simple issue?

    submitted by /u/SpecialDonkey
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone familiar with a hard brick issue due to 8.1 updates on pixel?

    Posted: 17 Apr 2018 08:04 PM PDT

    There's a pretty extensive thread about it here, but nobody seems to know anything helpful regarding what about the update causes the issue or how to get Google's attention on something which is clearly not an isolated occurrence.

    https://support.google.com/pixelphone/forum/AAAAb4-OgUs55Znd_Z0ytA/?hl=by

    For my part, I had a phone die to this, get replaced with a refurbished one and now I've blocked all updates including security patches because I'm afraid it will happen again and I'm off warranty.

    submitted by /u/armedmonkey
    [link] [comments]

    Multi delete text messages?

    Posted: 17 Apr 2018 07:57 PM PDT

    Is there a way to delete multiple text messages within the same conversation at the same time?

    submitted by /u/mrandr01d
    [link] [comments]

    Virus that puts adds on my phone

    Posted: 17 Apr 2018 04:02 PM PDT

    So i got a virus(if that's what it's called) when i tried to download an apk from the internet and since then adds started playing each time i unlock my phone or enter reddit or ig and stuff like that,the thing causing this seems so be an app that i cannot uninstall and it has no name but it's a battery meter app it shows me battery percentage and when should i charge and such things. So does aynone know how can i get rid of this? I tried downloading an antivirus and cleaned my entire phone but it keeps happening. (Lg g3) thanks!:)

    submitted by /u/storm_drenering
    [link] [comments]

    Android Messages Jumps to Conversation List

    Posted: 17 Apr 2018 04:01 PM PDT

    When I open a text from the notification, it jumps into the message and then immediately jumps to the conversation list on its own. Anyone experience this?

    I should add it happens sporadically.

    submitted by /u/interdad
    [link] [comments]

    Moving a messenger account to a new phone

    Posted: 17 Apr 2018 07:41 PM PDT

    I just got a new phone and tried to set up my messenger account on it, however I don't have facebook and clicking the option without facebook login creats a new account. Does anyone know how to transfer the account between phones when I don't have a facebook account?

    submitted by /u/Picklemann
    [link] [comments]

    Galaxy S9+ front camera out of focus when in video calling apps

    Posted: 17 Apr 2018 07:32 PM PDT

    When I'm in video calls in apps like Skype or Google Duo, the other person on the call tells me that the camera keeps going out of focus. However when I open the camera app, I cannot reproduce the issue at all. Sometimes opening the camera app will get it to focus again, but it goes out of focus again. Do I have a faulty unit or is this an app issue?

    submitted by /u/Mathcmput
    [link] [comments]

    I'm a little worried my phone was hacked

    Posted: 17 Apr 2018 03:22 PM PDT

    I was posting on 4chan earlier when it popped up and said I was banned for cp 3 years ago. Of course this wasn't me, I haven't even been on my mobile network for 1. I checked to see what my ip was and it was saying it was out of montreal. I reset my phone to check again and everything seems to be normal.

    Why I'm worried is because I was exploring some sketchier apk's for keep talking and nobody explodes (I already own it on pc, still not on the moral high ground though). I tried to be safe, using avast to scan the files before I copied them onto my phone along with using avast mobile, scanning every time I installed them. After one of them had Russian Cyrillics I just used aptiode after a recommendation and that copy seemed to work fine.

    Is it possible for someone to piggyback off my network though my phone this way? How can I make certain that my phone is fine, avast mobile doesn't come up with anything but I'm still paranoid.

    submitted by /u/Que_Are
    [link] [comments]

    What phone do I get? $100 to $300, CDMA, 5"+ screen, minimal bloat, and STABLE

    Posted: 17 Apr 2018 07:04 PM PDT

    Been trying to buy a refurb Note 4 on Amazon and these vendors keep shipping out broken devices. I already have a Note 4 and it is perfect--IMO everything after it has been a mistake, sorry Samsung. Then again, I haven't paid any attention to phones since then. I am getting the phone for my GF.

    We really don't care about the flagship culture dominating the phone market. We just want something that works. We will be using it on Tracfone for now, so it needs to be a CDMA model. Bloat is pretty much unavoidable at this point but less of it is a bonus.

    Basically just looking for a Note 4 clone that we can buy new, not refurbished. Can't find any new Note 4 models on Amazon at the moment, and honestly I don't really trust those vendors anymore. Also, we do not want a Chinese phone.

    Any ideas?

    submitted by /u/my_next_account
    [link] [comments]

    "System UI has Stopped" Galaxy S8+ Stuck on Black Screen

    Posted: 17 Apr 2018 03:14 PM PDT

    I joined the Oreo Beta months ago and now I think that it is causing the System UI crash. I can't do anything and it constantly vibrates. I have gotten it into recovery mode and been able to Factory Reset but about 15 mins after resetting the System UI stops again. I tried updating the Software from the settings but it says it is up to date. I tried instaling the Samsung Members app to unenroll from the Beta program but it doesnt say that I'm in it. After wiping the phone a popup says that the software is in beta so it clearly is still the beta version. If anyone knows how to fix it please let me know.

    submitted by /u/azombiecorpse
    [link] [comments]

    Volume turning itself down, issues with microphone button on headphones

    Posted: 17 Apr 2018 03:05 PM PDT

    So sometimes when pressing the play button the volume turns itself down, and nowadays instead of pressing a single button to pause a song, it either does the same or turns the volume down by one.

    Back then I had to press that button twice to go to next song and three times to go back, but now it doesn't even work, it just turns the volume down or does weird shit where I can't turn the screen off unless I press the button again. And that happens with every player.

    I tried factory reset with no cigar. Any solutions here?

    submitted by /u/DDzxy
    [link] [comments]

    Help me) Can i connect vpn before receiving messages from messenger apps??

    Posted: 17 Apr 2018 06:46 PM PDT

    Help me) Can i connect vpn before receiving messages from messenger apps??

    When i connect wifi , my messenger apps are working directly. Before i connect vpn

    how can i stop all apps before connecting vpn ??

    submitted by /u/kinjyj
    [link] [comments]

    Does Android have mac address randomization like IOS?

    Posted: 17 Apr 2018 06:37 PM PDT

    If not, is there an add on or app or anything that will emulate this feature? Very important privacy feature.

    submitted by /u/CautiousCranberry
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a way to force my phone to connect to a particular network?

    Posted: 17 Apr 2018 06:32 PM PDT

    In short, I'm currently working very close to the Detroit River. My main carrier is AT&T but my phone keeps wanting to connect to Roger's network. I'm not paying $60 for a international plan when I'm in the US. Is there a way to force my phone to search for a AT&T network or is it always going to connect to the strongest network?

    Phone is a Galaxy S8+ running Oreo.

    submitted by /u/DrGiggleFr1tz
    [link] [comments]

    Samsung S9 Snapdragon Europe

    Posted: 17 Apr 2018 02:36 PM PDT

    I'm able to get at a good price a S9 with snapdragon although i will use it on Europe. Is there any problem with the cellphone network, etc?

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/esfomeado
    [link] [comments]

    How do I add folders in Evie Launcher?

    Posted: 17 Apr 2018 06:20 PM PDT

    I'm using Xiaomi Note 5a, Can't figure out how to add folders... Tried dragging two apps but it's not working

    submitted by /u/MfRazor
    [link] [comments]

    Why do I keep having to turn airplane mode on and off?

    Posted: 17 Apr 2018 02:25 PM PDT

    I have Verizon and I've noticed for the past couple of months my internet will stop working even though it says I have 4G. No websites or applications will load at all and this will go on for up to 10 or 15 minutes. However I've noticed that if I turn on and off airplane mode it reconnects to the internet and fixes itself right away. I have no idea where to start with this issue, would it be a Verizon issue or an issue with my LG v20?

    submitted by /u/AnthonySlips
    [link] [comments]

    Is anyone else having issues with google apps?

    Posted: 17 Apr 2018 05:59 PM PDT

    All my Google apps except maps and assistant haven't been working for a week, there were no software changes made that I am aware of to trigger this. All the following apps crash on startup: Gmail, photos, Google, Google play store/games/music, etc. Anyone hear of a fix?

    submitted by /u/Gold-On-The-Ceiling
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel