• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Sunday, April 22, 2018

    I feel this is very relevant for app architecture patterns Android Dev

    I feel this is very relevant for app architecture patterns Android Dev


    I feel this is very relevant for app architecture patterns

    Posted: 22 Apr 2018 12:01 PM PDT

    Case Study for Android CI -> CD -> CD = Continuous * ( Integration, Delivery, Deployment ) Part 3

    Posted: 22 Apr 2018 01:28 AM PDT

    Redux on Android: Why Reducers?

    Posted: 22 Apr 2018 01:13 AM PDT

    Hey there! There are many Android implementations of original Redux approach from JS world:

    All of them generally work like this:

    • You create AppState class containing all state of app in a single place

    • Store contains actual AppState value for you

    • Any intention to change AppState expressed into parametrized Action class

    • Finally Reducer class receives actual AppState and some Action, determines type of the Action and then apply according transformation returning altered state which will appear in Store then

    The problem is Reducer containing huge if-else or when with type checks like this:

    return when { action is ActionA -> applyA(state, action) action is ActionB -> applyB(state, action) ... } 

    Why not just drop reducers completely and put state altering code right into Action classes? Guess everybody heard that heavy instanceof using is sign of misused OOP :)

    interface Action<StateT> { fun apply(currentState: StateT): StateT } 
    submitted by /u/alexeyterekhov
    [link] [comments]

    CircleCI with Android (Continuous Integration)

    Posted: 22 Apr 2018 03:28 AM PDT

    Non-null ObservableField in Kotlin

    Posted: 22 Apr 2018 02:50 AM PDT

    Often Ignored Stuff — Android Data Structures – AndroidPub

    Posted: 22 Apr 2018 02:03 AM PDT

    What are the Free Android Studio UI design tools for windows?

    Posted: 22 Apr 2018 10:02 AM PDT

    I am a beginner in UI design for Android apps... suggest me any free UI design tool to learn for windows

    submitted by /u/imrankgm
    [link] [comments]

    Android emulator alternative for linux that supports adb and aapt

    Posted: 22 Apr 2018 01:25 PM PDT

    with the avd from the sdk i cant make the emulator use my tap interface (doesnt work with android 6)

    submitted by /u/Sixkay
    [link] [comments]

    Native Android/Web API Noob Question

    Posted: 22 Apr 2018 12:58 PM PDT

    Can native android app interact easily with a restful web API? I have an API i am building in PHP/Laravel and a core function of the application is best suited for a tablet device (makes use of a card reader with Android specific SDKs, requires stylist signature).

    The android app will have to authenticate user accounts (no account creation/verification) and pass information to the web api to store in a database and retrieve some information from database to display.

    Android application will be fairly basic but i have 0 experience in android app development and only in web development and want to confirm if it will be fairly easy to integrate the android facing application with my API.

    I will have an android developer complete this portion but am scoping out the hypothetical architecture of the system before i continue.

    submitted by /u/TuffRivers
    [link] [comments]

    cannot edit anything in layout - android studio

    Posted: 22 Apr 2018 02:58 AM PDT

    no idea what is happening. I can't left click on the layout at all. I'm sure this is a very basic issue but I can't seem to figure it out. Help!

    submitted by /u/beegees9848
    [link] [comments]

    Google Play Console Tax Info

    Posted: 22 Apr 2018 07:37 AM PDT

    Hello! I made an app 3 years ago and priced it at $1. I was able to claim revenue fine, until I recently logged in to find that it says my Tax Info needs to be updated because it wasn't accepted by the IRS. I can't find anything online about needing to register with the IRS, and I'm not sure why it let me claim money before, but not anymore. Has anyone experienced this issue before?

    submitted by /u/bmac951
    [link] [comments]

    Dynamic Website to app

    Posted: 22 Apr 2018 10:18 AM PDT

    Hi everyone, I'm a freshman CS student with some creativity and curiosity, which is always great. We've learned a little bit of HTML and CSS but nothing too in depth. I also know Java and Python.

    However, lately I've wanted to get into Android development and I had the idea of converting this dynamic website which I use a lot to an app because the web view totally sucks on mobile, so I thought it would be something I'd be motivated to do. Don't worry about copyrights and so on, I've got it covered.

    So how would I go about converting this dynamic website to an Android app? I've been given the idea of rewriting the website with bootstrap but there are a lot of pages and the content keeps changing. It's a sports website by the way, there are calendars, schedules and results so I really have no idea where to start.

    If anybody could give me any guidelines it would be much appreciated, thank you in advance!

    submitted by /u/DTurtle14
    [link] [comments]

    Choosing JSON library in 2018

    Posted: 21 Apr 2018 08:20 PM PDT

    Fellow Android developers,

    What is the best (fastest and memory efficient) JSON library to go for with Retrofit in 2018?

    Most projects I've always settled with Gson due to the abundance of online articles and Stackoverflow posts. However, recently I've come across many others:

    I want to explore those other options. LoganSquare stated in its README that it is 400% or more faster than other libraries. However, it seems that the last commit was over 2 years ago. What are your guys' thoughts on this? Still going for Gson in the end?

    Thank you.

    submitted by /u/yoshi3003
    [link] [comments]

    How to read or parse XML from a link to you app ?

    Posted: 22 Apr 2018 07:20 AM PDT

    Hey, i was wondering if there any API or easy way to parse or get data from XML link, i have a feed xml link and want to get the data to my app, any way to do that ?

    submitted by /u/operateur-mar
    [link] [comments]

    is is possible to seperate outgoing connections from an android 6 emulator from the hosts connections?

    Posted: 22 Apr 2018 06:31 AM PDT

    the only solution i found was giving the emulator a tap interface and using PREROUTING rules on the host side. for some unknown reason using a tap interface in android 6 doesnt seem to work.

    has somebody an idea how i could solve this?

    submitted by /u/Sixkay
    [link] [comments]

    Saved files permissions always -rw-rw---

    Posted: 21 Apr 2018 06:41 PM PDT

    I'm trying to save a database to the Android device and make it so that users can easily download it off the device.

    However... When I save it, even if I make sure it's in a PublicDirectory like DIRECTORY_DOWNLOADS, it is ALWAYS only viewable through Android Studio's Device File Explorer.

    So the files definitely exist, however if I attempt to view the files through Windows File Explorer... Nothing. Even with "View Hidden Files" enabled.

    submitted by /u/pdgeorge
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel