• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Tuesday, April 17, 2018

    I can't uninstall the new Windows Security Update Windows Help

    I can't uninstall the new Windows Security Update Windows Help


    I can't uninstall the new Windows Security Update

    Posted: 17 Apr 2018 06:31 PM PDT

    The new windows security update (KB4074588) is incompatible with one of my programs. Every time I try to uninstall it, my PC restarts but when it boots up again it automatically re installs the update! I can't hide/disable the update either because I can't uninstall it without it coming back. Any help would be appreciated.

    submitted by /u/Killerchief22
    [link] [comments]

    Is it a must to pay for Office to use Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc. in Win 10?

    Posted: 17 Apr 2018 05:12 AM PDT

    Whenever I open up Word I get a message saying "To keep using your Office applications without interruption, please renew by Thursday, 19 April 2018." Is this a hint to get me to pay? I've heard that if you don't pay you won't get to use it permanently. Can anyone tell me what to do?

    submitted by /u/HewhohadtheOmnitrix
    [link] [comments]

    KB4093118 for Win7 needs to be told it's ok to install?

    Posted: 17 Apr 2018 03:04 PM PDT

    I've seen a few of these. I noticed KB4093118 for Win7 out today or recently. I ran a script to install it on a test machine. Then restart or shutdown that test machine. And I've tried it on a few test Win7 machines now. I didn't think it was working, but it appears to be installed, except it wants to be told to install it on restart or shutdown. The shutdown list has a plain restart, plain shutdown, and then an update and restart and update and shutdown.

    Why doesn't just restarting or shutting down solve this?

    Is there any way to script telling the machine, yes, it's ok, go ahead and actually install that and then restart? The default's 3am, so these test machines will pick it up tomorrow. I'd like to be able to tell the machine to just normally run the update and then restart (implying that it installs the update when it restarts).

    Nothing I'm doing for scripts is getting the install part to install when I restart or shutdown via script. I've seen this or similar behavior in the past. For some updates I had to do a shutdown instead or a restart. Is there any shutdown.exe command line script option or something similar to "shutdown.exe /r /t /yesactuallyinstallthatpendingupdaterightnow"?

    submitted by /u/win10jd
    [link] [comments]

    Got new SSD, need help

    Posted: 17 Apr 2018 02:44 PM PDT

    Hello guys, I've gotten a new SSD (500 GB) and I want to use that as my Windows hard drive, however, I can't find a usable way besides reinstalling everything. I've tried disc image, which couldn't load, and clonning the drive, but with the clonning it has some un allocted space.

    submitted by /u/Kakashisan23
    [link] [comments]

    Block specific URLs on a browser?

    Posted: 17 Apr 2018 01:09 PM PDT

    How do I block specific URLs on all browsers on a computer?

    Example: I just want to block, say, "www.reddit.com/r/funny" but I don't want to block the entire Reddit site.

    submitted by /u/J-o-the-Whit
    [link] [comments]

    Windows 10 Update (not sure if I'm receiving all updates?)

    Posted: 17 Apr 2018 09:42 AM PDT

    I purchased a new laptop last week and did a fresh install of Windows 10 Pro on it and do not believe that I am getting all of the Windows updates (it might just be me).

    I have v1709 (OS Build 16299.371) installed and the following is what control panel shows as far as windows updates are concerned: https://imgur.com/a/ZTuqe

    I am not sure why the Adobe security update shows as being installed in 2017 as the windows was just reinstalled last week?

    Also, I ran windows update troubleshooter and it gives me the same issues every time (even after applying the fix and rebooting).

    1. Download and Install pending updates
    2. Repair Windows Update Database Corruption

    I've googled this and manually tried to fix these but have had no luck, is there anything else recommended other than a fresh install? I finally have the laptop how I like it and I consider that an absolute last resort.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/sahil04
    [link] [comments]

    Multiple Touch-Screen Monitors

    Posted: 17 Apr 2018 08:01 PM PDT

    Hello all!

    I have recently purchased three touch screen monitors, to use simultaneously... However, I'm not finding a function within Windows that allows this.

    I can only transmit touch-data to my primary display.

    Can anyone help?

    I have done the whole: Control Panel -> Tablet PC Settings -> Setup route, and I have labeled each screen as a touch screen monitor, through the setup. I can touch all three monitors, and get a response - however that response is only on my primary monitor (which does happen to be a touch screen). Within the "Tablet PC Settings" window, under "Display options" it has the following information and options available for each screen:

    Screen 1: "No Pen or Touch Input is available for this Display"

    Screen 2: "No Pen or Touch Input is available for this Display"

    Screen 3: "Limited Touch Support" The Calibration option is available...

    But still, not necessary to have 2 extra touch screens, if they do not work.

    Please help!

    submitted by /u/TheChrisLick
    [link] [comments]

    Temporary Profile?

    Posted: 17 Apr 2018 08:13 AM PDT

    Hi all. Just built a new PC and I am new to Win 10.

    I tried signing in earlier but I got an error and Windows just signed me into a temporary profile earlier.

    Now I am not asking for a solution to this issue, I am just curious as to how this entire thing works.

    What triggers it? I only have one profile on this computer which I use my Microsoft account to log in. With this entire temporary profile thing, is it possible to sign into a temporary profile even if I enter the incorrect password?

    submitted by /u/p_mannion
    [link] [comments]

    Special and basic features of Windows 7

    Posted: 17 Apr 2018 09:25 AM PDT

    I need some help guys. I was given an essay to write about basic and special features of Windows 7 and I have no idea what that means. What are the basic features? Taskbar, start menu, control panel and such?

    What are the special features? Are those, for example, the HomeGroup, desktop themes, windows update, the troublesooter etc?

    I have ten tabs open with Windows features but it doesn't say anywhere which ones are basic and which ones are special. I'm losing my mind here, so any insight would be appreciated.

    submitted by /u/Blekerka
    [link] [comments]

    This update that I can't install no matter what...

    Posted: 17 Apr 2018 11:03 AM PDT

    Yes, updates are always appreciated. But how good can they be when trying to install them always results in a failure?

    submitted by /u/BronzeHeart92
    [link] [comments]

    Many failed Windows updates - only option is clean install?

    Posted: 16 Apr 2018 11:50 PM PDT

    Hello reddit,

    My computer has been having many failed windows updates and the only option I'm given is to do a clean install and wipe everything. Reinstalling everything would probably be an entire weekend project so I'm wondering if there is any alternative to this. Attached is a picture of my recent updates: some of them actually go through but the majority do not. I've spent a lot of time searching the web for solutions and am running out of ideas. If anyone could help I would be incredibly grateful!!

    I am on Windows 10 Pro version 1703 by the way.

    Thank you.

    submitted by /u/gwjust
    [link] [comments]

    Conflicting shortcuts: alt+shift in Office and language switcher

    Posted: 17 Apr 2018 08:32 AM PDT

    I use multiple language and keyboard maps (en, it, zh-tw, to be exact, not that I think it makes a difference) for my daily work. I believe alt+shift is the easiest way to switch languages. However, in MS Office, alt+shift brings up on screen shortcuts for functions and tabs (not sure how to call it). It's been like this for a few years now and I was never able to find a good solution. Language switching should be something that's expected of Office users, but seeing how the conflicting shortcuts aren't making things easy for us, I think MS did not realize that people switch languages when working with Office. Any thoughts anyone?

    submitted by /u/tristan-chord
    [link] [comments]

    Too many entries in registry still dangerous for your PCs speed?

    Posted: 17 Apr 2018 09:53 AM PDT

    Like above. Back in the past there was a myth, that installing and uninstalling too much software will make PC slower because of "full" registry. I believe... no, I know it was true back then. Hardware was much weaker and that's obvious Windows had to go through many of this entries everytime we booted it. But now in SSD glory days and much faster high-end PC, do we still need to worry about how many needed software will we install, how many games or apps necessary for our work? P.S. Of course I'm not counting any crapware, but trusted software actually used by owner.

    submitted by /u/Barthez2k
    [link] [comments]

    Fix problem: My screen turned black and white in Windows 10

    Posted: 16 Apr 2018 11:54 PM PDT

    Is it possible to activate Win10 on multiple PCs with 1 Microsoft account?

    Posted: 17 Apr 2018 04:15 AM PDT

    Hey guys,

    so my question is basically in the title. I have Win10 activated on my PC and I have linked my PC with my Microsoft account. So can I install Win10 on my new laptop and then activate it with my Microsoft account?

    Thanks for your help!

    submitted by /u/ArmanTheBest
    [link] [comments]

    Programs being deleted

    Posted: 17 Apr 2018 12:21 AM PDT

    Some programs I had installed on a secondary drive disappeared on me, not sure why this is happening, it was on a just over year old SSD.

    submitted by /u/lepslair
    [link] [comments]

    Windows 8.1pro asking for activation key

    Posted: 17 Apr 2018 06:35 AM PDT

    I tried some product keys I found online but it didn't work. It was the OS I got on my laptop when I bought it. I don't know why I am getting this now. What should I do?

    submitted by /u/rogues69
    [link] [comments]

    Microsoft Edge not Working

    Posted: 16 Apr 2018 10:00 PM PDT

    Hi folks,

    This is my first post here and in desperate need of assistance with Microsoft Edge browser no longer working on my laptop. I've got Windows 10.

    My laptop got the most recent windows updates installed and since then the Edge browser stopped working. When I launch the browser, it appears on the screen for about 30 seconds. It then crashes and disappears.

    I've already wiped the cache and repaired the browser but that did nothing. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

    submitted by /u/DaveC2020
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel