• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Wednesday, April 18, 2018

    Any way to opt out of a group text you're in but not block anyone? Android Help

    Any way to opt out of a group text you're in but not block anyone? Android Help


    Any way to opt out of a group text you're in but not block anyone?

    Posted: 18 Apr 2018 04:36 PM PDT

    I get a group text with 10 people which we have to confirm we can work the next day. I send my confirmation and I'm done. I get spammed with other people sending confirmations that don't apply to me. I also get caught in conversations that don't apply to me throughout the day.

    Is there no option to mute and hide a certain group text?

    submitted by /u/casemodz
    [link] [comments]

    Question about using Android Auto and phone simultaneously

    Posted: 18 Apr 2018 04:55 PM PDT

    I'm considering a car with Android Auto. If I'm using Waze to see/hear navigation in the dash unit, can I use my phone to play a YouTube video or Google Play Music through the car speakers? Like, will the Waze instructions lower the YouTube audio? Or is the phone a separate source that would prevent the Waze navigation from being heard?

    submitted by /u/yneos
    [link] [comments]

    Why does the amount of free RAM vary depending on the language?

    Posted: 18 Apr 2018 01:26 PM PDT

    I've recently noticed that after changing the phone language to English I'm having on average about a hundred megabytes more of free ram. What is the cause of it?Are there some extra services running in the background?

    submitted by /u/MogranFerman
    [link] [comments]

    Whatsapp notifications cooldown?

    Posted: 18 Apr 2018 08:12 AM PDT

    For the love of god, is there a way to disable the vibration and sound notifications if you receive more then 1 notification within a customizable amount of time? preferably something that does not require the rooting of my lg6

    For people

    that type

    like this

    and make

    your phone

    explode

    submitted by /u/IAmKrazy
    [link] [comments]

    Pixel 2 XL, home screen, Google Now etc..

    Posted: 18 Apr 2018 02:37 PM PDT

    Pixel 2 XL direct from Google. T-Mobile carrier. Android 8.1.0

    My Pixel 2 XL is pretty standard. I never changed anything regarding the setup on the home screen and the Google app that's there (for me) by default when going to the left most screen. It is a screen that looks like Google Now but it's not, it's full of suggested News articles.

    On my 2 previous phones - Nexus 5x and Moto G4 -I could have this screen be Google Now. It would offer me News, Calendar reminders, Flight information, Travel information (local time, currency conversion etc.).

    Is there an issue with my phone or is this left most screen what all Pixel 2 phones come with, because it's not useful at all.

    Sometimes calendar information shows up on the main screen, up top where the day, date and temperature reading is. E.g. if I have a flight it will show up there however when I click on the flight all I get is a Google Search result for "My Flights", nothing about my actual flight.

    In general I'm pleased with the hardware on the Pixel 2 XL. The software however seems not to have much consideration and is quite buggy..

    submitted by /u/pulpfiction78
    [link] [comments]

    Video/audio problems

    Posted: 18 Apr 2018 06:58 PM PDT

    Hello I have a Moto z2 force and when I play any multimedia it immediately pauses when I press play.

    Any help?

    submitted by /u/DisabledSandwich
    [link] [comments]

    Lg g5 problems

    Posted: 18 Apr 2018 06:43 PM PDT

    So I got a used lg g5 unlocked but the battery is new but anyways I've been having some problems for example it will randomly restart every 2 weeks or so another things is the display will freeze but the buttons will work? The last thing is I have horrible data signal on this I used to have an s6 and get full bars easily but in my own house I have only 2 bars and in other places also for example my friend will have full bars and I will have a measly 2 now I know bars are different between device but still and I checked the apn settings my data provider is bell.

    submitted by /u/Dryader
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone with samsung S8 plus have any thing they wished they knew about the phone before they bought it?

    Posted: 18 Apr 2018 10:00 PM PDT

    I wanna get a s8 +. I wanna know about like physical stuff on the phone (i.e. weak build ) Software stuff. And battery. Does it still hold a charge after 2 years? Thanks

    submitted by /u/reomix
    [link] [comments]

    Apps are freezing and closing when scrolling.

    Posted: 18 Apr 2018 05:59 PM PDT

    I am having this absurd issue and i am really frustrated. Whenever i open up an email with attachments on gmail, either i can't scroll and it force closes or app restarts immediately. Same thing happens when scrolling comments on youtube app.

    Right now i can not read any attachments my phone is useless. I've cleared cache, stopped the apps, reinstalled them. Nothing have helped. I have to read some important documents in 2 hours and i am really desperate.

    Logs are always different, it sometimes says something like "javaerroroutofmemory" and sometimes different errors.

    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    Xiaomi Mi Max 2 64 Up to date apps and stock android

    submitted by /u/MahmutSkortil
    [link] [comments]

    Video problems after 8.1 upgrade

    Posted: 18 Apr 2018 02:12 PM PDT

    Has anyone else had problems with video apps after 8.1 upgrade? Pixel phone. The following apps no longer play video:

    mlb.tv

    foxsportsgo

    NBC sports

    HBOGO

    AdultSwim

    WatchESPN

    Anything to do with gifycat

    Starz

    submitted by /u/josiborg
    [link] [comments]

    Gboard update missing language dictionary

    Posted: 18 Apr 2018 09:41 PM PDT

    Hi everyone, so today I update Gboard (Google keyboard) and now it doesn't suggest me words in my first language, which is spanish, but it does in english. I have selected those two languages you see, and before the update it worked well, it suggested me words in spanish and english, but now is like I have no spanish dictionary anymore.

    Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/Leoxddit
    [link] [comments]

    Best phone for around 400

    Posted: 18 Apr 2018 01:48 PM PDT

    I'm looking for a phone, my budget is £400 but I would prefer to stay around £300. Camera really doesn't matter to me, I'm looking for a fast phone with a good screen and battery life. Any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/mattycmckee
    [link] [comments]

    How can i delete Instant Mixes from Google music

    Posted: 18 Apr 2018 09:02 PM PDT

    i've been having this problem as i can't delete instant mixes of artist that i created i have tried everything but can't seem to find a solution

    submitted by /u/danielcore7
    [link] [comments]

    S9+ has heavily distorted audio while in a Messemger call.

    Posted: 18 Apr 2018 08:59 PM PDT

    Playing music on Spotify, or a Youtube video, while in a Messenger call heavily distorts the audio of both, for no discernable reason. Everything is updated to the current date, and they work perfect when not in the call. Chrome doesn't seem to be affected by this, it plays audio normally.

    submitted by /u/enderisfrommars
    [link] [comments]

    Shut off cell data to specific apps

    Posted: 18 Apr 2018 05:11 PM PDT

    Is there a way to shut off cell data to specific apps? I've looked through the settings and online for a bit and couldn't find an answer.

    submitted by /u/Minebrine66
    [link] [comments]

    Us cellular "blade max 3"

    Posted: 18 Apr 2018 04:34 PM PDT

    Its a prepaid phone if that makes a difference. Anyhow.. anyone know how I could connect this to a tv? As strange as it sounds I'd prefer it corded or at least not the wifi method.. I didn't see it listed as supported for mhl or the other way... Any help would be appreciated

    submitted by /u/MetalMilitia92
    [link] [comments]

    Did Gboard just shrink emojis again?

    Posted: 18 Apr 2018 09:00 AM PDT

    Earlier today I received an update notification for Gboard on my 1st gen Pixel, posted April 10 for version 7.1.8.191763606-release-arm64-v8a. I took the update, and noticed that the emoji key in the bottom right corner of Gboard was now replaced by the Return key in all messaging apps. I found this odd, so I switched to the emoji panel and found everything smaller again.

    I distinctly remember this Android Police article mentioning a Gboard update that enlarged the emoji and made them easier to see when typing. This is what they've looked like for me from around December 2017 to April 2018. This is what they look like now, the same size they were back when I first got my Pixel.

    My question: Is anyone else seeing this? And if so, why make this change, Google? Was there any good reason to shrink the emojis again, or is was this just because Google is so bipolar when it comes to managing its Android apps? The larger icons made them more readable and easier to find and select, so it was a positive change. Reverting to the smaller icons, without giving me the option to keep them enlarged, is a negative move.

    And another question: Why can't I get the emoji select key back in the bottom right where the Return key is?

    submitted by /u/ZeroPucks
    [link] [comments]

    Is there an app that can play sound and have the flashlight come on at the same time.

    Posted: 18 Apr 2018 09:11 AM PDT

    I'm looking for an app that plays a sound through the phone's speakers (preferably a tone generator) and turns on the flashlight at the same time. I've found lots of apps that that turn on the flashlight when the mic hears sound, but none like I described.

    submitted by /u/Im_Just_a_Pasta
    [link] [comments]

    How to revert messenger to its older emoji set?

    Posted: 18 Apr 2018 01:40 PM PDT

    My facebook messenger has changed its emoji set to the one used on facebook. After that, I found out that the custom messenger emoji set is actually no longer supported. However, I hate these new ones. Is there any way to return to the old set? Would downloading an older version of messenger work, or is there an easier solution?

    submitted by /u/Poerender
    [link] [comments]

    Optimizing battery cycles?

    Posted: 18 Apr 2018 01:39 PM PDT

    Hi, I've been reading a lot about taking care of the battery to extend its lifespan and there's one thing that confuses me. From what I have read it is generally agreed that the healthiest charge level for Li-ion batteries is around 50% so a couple of quick charges throughout the day is more optimal than a full charge from zero to hundred percent. However the same sources also say that every battery is bound to degrade over time and will lose its capacity after a certain number of charging cycles.

    So the question is, if I'll try to constantly keep my battery between say, 40 to 80% wouldn't that actually make more harm because of the increased number of charging cycles? (I will be charging probably twice as often then)

    Also, if the Li-ion batteries don't have the 'memory' effect, why is it recommended to do a full charge once a month to 'recalibrate' the battery?

    submitted by /u/MogranFerman
    [link] [comments]

    Issues with Apps on Android

    Posted: 18 Apr 2018 06:25 AM PDT

    I bought a new phone few months ago (Honor View 10).

    A few weeks ago I got problems with some apps, where I can't open pages which are loaded into apps (for example: Facebook Links, Amazon, Amazon Alexa App etc). It just keeps 'loading' and gets stuck there. (More like 50/50 chance, sometimes it works)

    However if I copy the link and open it into the mobile browser (Chrome in my case) it opens immediatly.

    Tried switching between WiFi and mobile data. Issue remains the same. Turning the phone off and on again, doesn't solve it either.

    Mabye someone knows how to solve this issue.

    Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/Syllz
    [link] [comments]

    Toggling Between Bitbucket and Github

    Posted: 18 Apr 2018 07:26 PM PDT

    I have been previously committing all of my code to Bitbucket. I want to switch to Github.

    I downloaded Github desktop, created a repository with my online Github account, cloned the repository in Github desktop, and then added the local repository that contained the code.

    Not sure if I did all of this correctly, but the code is still committing to Bitbucket. Unsure what to do and if I even set it up correctly.

    submitted by /u/MadHatter8816
    [link] [comments]

    Looking to upgrade around fall and i would appreciate help, have a nexus 6p.

    Posted: 18 Apr 2018 07:14 PM PDT

    I wanted to give a heads up, I am really not up to date with technology and I am not to keen on the phone know how.

    But I use mine every day for almost everything and I want to finally get a new and nice phone (hopefully one that will last me more than a year and a half...). I have the Nexus 6p and I guess I got it a little before they announced their next phone line. Since then it had been running really slow, and the battery drains extremely fast and will die on 30% remaining.

    I do like the Google phones but not having a headphone jack is a deal breaker for me. I was told huawei was a good alternative for the price range and it seemed ok, but a lot of people said they don't like it and it feels generic and as if it isn't set up as nice.

    Big things for me would be finding one with a decent battery, water resistant (I would like to take pictures in my reef tanks if possible but not the end of the world), and something that may be able to handle the heat better than my 6p. It will shut off in the summer or while I work out a lot but other phones I've had never did that as much.

    I was told to stay away from Samsung because of bloat ware and I guess people don't like the curved screen (or something about a notch). Other than that though I am not sure what to look for in a phone or how to narrow them down. I compared a lot of them online and they seem almost identical. And I am not sure when most Android phones are released or announced specs either.

    Thank you for the help. It is a big purchase and I only do it once in a while when I have to, and I would hate to waste all that money...

    submitted by /u/EpicMudbud
    [link] [comments]

    How to backup Notification settings on Android Oreo?

    Posted: 18 Apr 2018 07:22 AM PDT

    I'm a OnePlus 5 user on Android 8.1 (beta program). I want to try a Custom Rom and was backing up my data using Titanium Backup. I realized I also have customized notification priority settings for a lot of apps and I wouldn't really want to go through all the effort of setting them up again.

    Does the titanium backup take care of this or Google backup? Is there any other way to backup these settings?

    submitted by /u/vipintom
    [link] [comments]

    What is the difference between the regular builds and the Telstra and Softbank builds for the Nexus 5X?

    Posted: 18 Apr 2018 06:10 PM PDT

    I noticed that there are two different builds for the 5X since Oreo, just wondering what the difference is, if any

    submitted by /u/BearOfReddit
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel