• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Monday, April 23, 2018

    7 Tips to Get More Out of OneNote Windows Help

    7 Tips to Get More Out of OneNote Windows Help


    7 Tips to Get More Out of OneNote

    Posted: 23 Apr 2018 10:32 AM PDT

    windows 10 eat all my bandwith

    Posted: 23 Apr 2018 08:08 AM PDT

    im so frustated by this, i cant manually disable it its fine if download happen when im not playing online game any tips to stop this update thingy? idk even what im downloading , there's no notification whatsoever, i really want to downgrade to windows 7, but my laptop only have windows 10 drive

    submitted by /u/exarzz
    [link] [comments]

    Where was this Windows 10 background photo taken??

    Posted: 23 Apr 2018 01:58 PM PDT

    Where was this photo taken?

    It looks like Norway? I've tried Google Image search and it just brings up links to Windows backgrounds but not a source for the photo.

    submitted by /u/Darkest-timeline
    [link] [comments]

    Windows 10 free?

    Posted: 23 Apr 2018 07:53 AM PDT

    Is there still any way to obtain windows 10 for free? Or hugely discounted

    submitted by /u/HC_Zyg
    [link] [comments]

    Need to re-activate Win10 from 7 from Vista.

    Posted: 23 Apr 2018 07:37 PM PDT

    1. Purchased Vista, which came with a free Win7 Upgrade. Then my Win7 got forced to Win10.

    2. My motherboard busted, and I just replaced it. Now says my windows needs to be activated.

    3. activation says my Vista key is invalid. MS support virtual chat says to call a 1-800 number. The 1-800 agent (real human) told me to go to Win support website, and says my he cant help me because Viata is obsolete.

    I'm going in circles now. What can I do?

    submitted by /u/The_AV8R
    [link] [comments]

    What does a drive need for the Windows 10 installer to see it?

    Posted: 23 Apr 2018 07:31 PM PDT

    I have an Intel 530 SSD that I pulled out of my PC and am trying to install into a Dell Inspiron 15 7000. The Dell uses UEFI, so of course it's nothing but fucking problems.

    I was greeted with a completely empty partition screen, great. Ran diskpart, diskpart doesn't see the drive.

    I then downloaded the Intel RST pre-install driver, didn't do anything. Diskpart still doesn't see the drive even after the driver installs.

    Booted gparted and formatted the drive GTP, still not visable.

    Made sure drive is visible in BIOS, it is.

    Made sure drive functions in other PC, it works.

    Cloned Windows from slow HDD to Intel SSD. Boots technically but freezes and crashes uncontrollably and I can't find out why.

    Why doesn't this disphit Windows 10 installer see a generic sata SSD and what can I do to fix it?

    submitted by /u/ifuckinghatethiswebs
    [link] [comments]

    Windows utility to set dialogs to topmost?

    Posted: 23 Apr 2018 07:43 AM PDT

    Is there a good Windows utility that will modify application windows (dialog boxes) to force them to topmost? There are some applications that I use that pop up dialog boxes, but they don't make them topmost and many times, I'm busy working in some other application (web browsers, etc.) and don't notice that the dialog has appeared because it is under the app (behind it) that I'm currently using. Is there a utility that will constantly look for dialog boxes (based on dialog title and/or parent application) that will force these dialogs to be topmost? If not, maybe I should write one.

    submitted by /u/botman
    [link] [comments]

    Windows 10 LTSB 2016 In-Place Upgrade Error

    Posted: 23 Apr 2018 06:53 AM PDT

    I'm trying to do an in-place upgrade of Windows 10 LTSB 2016 over the network using command line. I keep getting an error saying "Setup has failed to validate your product key". I tried modifying the ei.cfg file located in the Sources folder of the ISO and nothing I add in there seems to work. Does anyone have any suggestions?

    Side note: The PC's I'm working with are not internet connected.

    Sample command:

    start /wait .\Win10\setup.exe /auto upgrade /migratedrivers all /dynamicupdate enable /showoobe none

    submitted by /u/ctrlaltrun
    [link] [comments]

    "Windows Shell Common Dll has stopped working" after right clicking any device on "recording devices"

    Posted: 23 Apr 2018 06:18 PM PDT

    I get this error anytime I right click anything on this tab. I have done everything on every text and youtube video i've seen and nothing fixed it.

    I have gone to the point of reinstalling windows (while keeping files) with no luck at all sadly.

    Is there anything I can do at all? I'm fully updated and this is really bugging me and I believe its interfering with my devices as well (Such as flat out not working)

    Please help me /r/Windows ! If this is the wrong place to be posting this please direct me to the proper subreddit. Thanks in advanced!

    submitted by /u/ElectricDuckk
    [link] [comments]

    Cannot remove Tiles permanently and minimize space?

    Posted: 23 Apr 2018 12:37 PM PDT

    I have this strange problem where I cannot remove the start menu tiles after a 'clean' install*. It's insane, as I'm not sure what I did to break it.

    This is an image of the menu: https://i.imgur.com/PQ8lSiN.png

    This is after I remove it: https://i.imgur.com/yUXfexy.png

    If I kill explorer and restart it, the live tiles come back again, hence, it is not persistent. I have no clue what's happening here. Why cannot I remove this stuff?

    * When I mean 'clean' install, I actually mean by using DISM to remove most of the cruft and some features. I believe this isn't the cause as I been using DISM before and this is only a recent development.

    submitted by /u/fhiolos_neichayrm
    [link] [comments]

    how to Manage Onscreen Keyboard Settings-Windows 8/8.1/10

    Posted: 23 Apr 2018 09:57 AM PDT

    Cannot use PIN to sign into laptop after 2 factor authentication set up

    Posted: 23 Apr 2018 03:40 PM PDT

    I have a work laptop that I used to use a PIN to sign in to (MS recommended security), but my work has just enabled 2 FA for my account. Now the PIN doesn't work (it throws up an error - 0x80070032).
    I can log in using my password, but it's 12 characters and not easy to type so I'd prefer to use the PIN.

    submitted by /u/reddoorcubscout
    [link] [comments]

    Unable to get far with Windows 95 retail's install from its disk #1.

    Posted: 23 Apr 2018 03:18 PM PDT

    Solution please

    Posted: 23 Apr 2018 01:27 PM PDT

    Any solution for black screen windows 8

    submitted by /u/azizb46
    [link] [comments]

    Home Screen Black and Unresponsive

    Posted: 23 Apr 2018 04:24 AM PDT

    Make:(I have no idea what to put here, if you need anything else I will give it to you)

    Regulatory model: TPC-P041-BX

    Runs Windows 10

    It also says on the bottom 'HP Pavilion Mini Desktop' if that's any help.

    Onto the problem. A few days ago, after turning the computer on and logging in (as opposed to it going to that while already on) my home screen was black and had no icons. There was no task bar either, and the windows key was unresponsive. The only way I can open anything is by going onto the task manager and opening apps with administrative privileges. When I went into safe mode, it was exactly the same, so I narrowed it down to something like a virus or a serious driver problem. I also tried restarting explorer.exe but it did nothing. On a side note, when opening a game on steam, it appeared to have deleted the data attached to the game (so it was as if it was new). This is more that the file somehow got corrupted or deleted than the game wouldn't start.

    Any help is greatly appreciated - if resetting the computer completely is an option then I will go right ahead.

    submitted by /u/asteroidbreaker
    [link] [comments]

    TIL There's an OS called OpenNT which is modeled off leaked NT4 src

    Posted: 23 Apr 2018 11:44 AM PDT

    Windows 10, 1709 jump list items don't open. Details inside, nothing I've tried could fix this

    Posted: 23 Apr 2018 11:29 AM PDT

    Problem and symptoms:

    Normally when you right click on file explorer and click on a folder from the jump list, you get a new window pop out. I click and the jump list closes with no window opening. https://i.imgur.com/4fQBVH6.png

    This problem affects programs like File explorer, notepad, MS Word, Paint and other programs including non-Microsoft. Their jumplists just don't open new windows, and won't even bring the minimized window back to the front.

    Firefox's jump lists work as usual though. Can open pinned websites and private windows.

    Things I've done in attempt to diagnose or fix the problem:

    • Searched around and applied some registry tweaks as well as cleaning the "recent items" with no luck.

    • I didn't have this unresponsive jump list back in March and my latest restore point is from April, so it didn't work either.

    • Restarted the computer several times, as well as doing complete shutdowns. Hibernation is disabled and page files get cleared from regedit values

    • Created a new local user and jump lists still don't open new windows

    Additional details

    Picture of jump list: https://i.imgur.com/4fQBVH6.png

    Not even clicking on "File explorer" would bring any window to the front

    .

    Posted this several times on /r/techsupport but got no response at all, so I decided to post on a Windows subreddit

    Any help is much appreciated. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/degny
    [link] [comments]

    I got a new Win10 Laptop and accidentally logged in to a different windows account than my desktop. Could this be bad?

    Posted: 23 Apr 2018 12:32 AM PDT

    This seemed more windows specific than /r/techsupport but let me know if it should be over there.

    I have found that I can't merge my microsoft accounts but I think I have two different email addresses linked to one account.

    I got a new laptop and after logging in with my MS account I thought it was weird none of my skype contacts where there and I couldn't RDP to the desktop.

    I went on the desktop to check some things out and thats when I realized I had the wrong account logged in.

    Does it really matter that my main desktop and my satellite/mobile laptop use different Microsoft accounts?

    I am now able to log into skype with the correct info and now that I know the desktop account I can RDP to it pretty easily. I just don't want to find out down the line that I should have just scrapped this user and started a new admin user with the main MS account from the desktop.

    submitted by /u/nateblack
    [link] [comments]

    Is set default app setting still crashing on your windows 10?

    Posted: 23 Apr 2018 04:10 AM PDT

    I upgraded to windows 10 1803 build 17134.1 but the setting for set default app is still crashing...am I alone on this issue?

    submitted by /u/m1xed0s
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel