• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Wednesday, January 31, 2018

    My powerbank destroyed my phone battery Android Help

    My powerbank destroyed my phone battery Android Help


    My powerbank destroyed my phone battery

    Posted: 31 Jan 2018 03:45 PM PST

    Hi everyone, I received a powerbank from someone of my family that works in a place that sell this kind of stuff... I have an S7 Edge. I tried to use it for the first time, I heard some ultrasound coming out, I didn't know why and it was barely charging, maybe 1-2% after hours. Later when I came home, I used the charger that I usually use that charges my phone in 1h30, but now it says, 7h30 until fully charged. It's been 1 week now and it keeps charging at a slow rate... Anyone know what could have happened? Any advice?

    Thank you.

    TL;DR Used a powerbank for the first time and wasn't really charging, now my home charger takes 5-6 times the amount it used to fully charge... Don't know what to do, any advice?

    submitted by /u/messilive19
    [link] [comments]

    Bluetooth headphones/ speakers sound disturbances when playing music

    Posted: 31 Jan 2018 08:01 PM PST

    I have a xiaomi phone and I bought JBL Bluetooth headphones a while ago and when I try to play music it has disturbances in the sound every few seconds or minutes (the sound cuts for less than a second and jumps) and it really makes it difficult to listen to music like that. They work perfectly fine when I watch videos or use them in the computer, the problem also happens with the Bluetooth speaker I have. I tried other music apps, other than google play music and it doesn't stop the problem. The headphones and speakers played music well on other phones. I couldn't find a solution online to that. Thank you very much if you'll try to help me.

    submitted by /u/LordPotato73
    [link] [comments]

    Samsung Galaxy S5 storage issues

    Posted: 31 Jan 2018 10:10 PM PST

    I recently bought a micro SD card and transferred all my photos/videos, and some game files onto it, which summed up to around 7 gbs, but the internal storage space didn't change. I did restarted my phone to maybe see if the change would be reflected after that, nothing changed. I wanted to test something, so I turned my phone off, took out the micro SD and turned it back on to find out the internal storage dropped to now like 2 gbs full out of 16 gb. I then put the micro SD card back in and the internal storage went back to nearly full again. Why isn't the internal storage changing even though my photos/videos and game files are on the micro SD card?

    For reference, it's on Android 6.0.1 (stupid Samsung sucks for not giving new os updates)

    Model number: SM-G900W8

    submitted by /u/RagingCataholic9
    [link] [comments]

    Best audio player for Samsung Galaxy S 10?

    Posted: 31 Jan 2018 09:49 PM PST

    The answer is not VLC or any of those weird preloaded players. I'm interested in knowing what player you love and why. Thanks.

    submitted by /u/smiley44
    [link] [comments]

    Delay at camera zoom

    Posted: 31 Jan 2018 09:44 PM PST

    Hey guys. I just bought my first Huawei phone, Mate 10. I pretty much like it, ofc still trying to experience. But i have a problem; when i zoom while recording, the zoom delays, it is kind of laggy. I restarted the device which didn't help me. Do you know what causes this and how to fix it?

    (I tried on the camera app and snapchat)

    submitted by /u/Blazzkys
    [link] [comments]

    Voice search from the homepage

    Posted: 31 Jan 2018 09:23 PM PST

    Has anyone else been having trouble getting it to actually search? Mine will listen to me, then try to search and then give up. Started yesterday. I'm trying to get a video of it to upload but I think I used a bad program to record with. I still thought I'd ask in the meantime.

    submitted by /u/imneveral0ne
    [link] [comments]

    Modify hosts file

    Posted: 31 Jan 2018 08:54 PM PST

    Is there anyway to modify the hosts file on a nonrooted Android device? Specifically an Nvidia Shield TV

    submitted by /u/cmon_now
    [link] [comments]

    Does rooting still void using Android Pay?

    Posted: 31 Jan 2018 01:42 PM PST

    Most apps not working, including settings

    Posted: 31 Jan 2018 10:30 PM PST

    I'm on another mobile right now so can't be as thorough with my details as I would like to be, but as title says my phone is having problems.

    HTC One. Recently updated to new version of firmware, most likely related. Can't tell you what version. You'll see why in a sec

    Originally suspected google play services was to blame as it first popped up when attempting to sign into Pokémon go (Pokemon go app loads, but pressing button to sign in with Google account causes play services to crash) Settings app crashes upon opening.

    Long press of power button immediately restarts phone instead of powering down (leading me to so far be unable to reboot in the mode that let's you reinstall firmware). Trying to hold volume down and power while phone is on leads to nothing except a screenshot.

    When error occurred, setting for non play store apps was set to refuse apps, meaning I haven't been successful in in using apkmirror to re-download anything like google play services etc

    I've been mucking around with phone for a while but I'm starting to run out of ideas.

    Any suggestions for things I haven't tried yet would be amazing.

    submitted by /u/LessThanLuek
    [link] [comments]

    Which animation speed do you prefer

    Posted: 31 Jan 2018 09:50 AM PST

    As we all know, we have options to edit animation preferences. What are the animation speed settings to suit your tastes?

    Mine is

    1.5x 1.5x 1.5x

    This way it feels much more 'ios like' smooth UI

    submitted by /u/wannacrypto
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a way to recover data (whatsapp messages) after factory reset? I really need it for legal reasons.

    Posted: 31 Jan 2018 10:52 AM PST

    Hello android, I really need your help. So...my phone was factory reset by my ex but in it I had kind-of important chat logs and some other stuff that might prove to be important in our breakup in a legal setting..... Unfortunately I was dumb and didn't clear space on my google drive so whatapp couldn't make a recent backup. Is there any way to recover them? Maybe I need to root or something? I know chances are slim I just want to know if its 100% lost or if there's a chance I can get something back.

    I have a moto z play for what it's worth

    submitted by /u/MortalPhantom
    [link] [comments]

    Can't make in-app purchases with Google Play credit

    Posted: 31 Jan 2018 08:31 PM PST

    I have 2 Google accounts. On one of them I have some Play credit from Opinion Rewards. Now, when I try to make any in-app purchase, the purchase pop up (or whatever you call that) has my other Google account selected and there's no option to switch to the other one. I have both accounts logged in (plus 2 others) on my phone. Help?

    submitted by /u/ajmysterio
    [link] [comments]

    Google Assistant doesn't work well in pocket during driving

    Posted: 31 Jan 2018 08:21 PM PST

    I paired my phone with my car speaker through Bluetooth. I tried Google Assistant by talking to car mic like a phone call, doesn't work well. I don't want to take my phone out of my pocket, so Google Assistant integration with Android auto won't help me. It's there an alternative? There is a new product called roav viva but it's alexa. Some people tried Google home mini in car.

    submitted by /u/thehighrollers
    [link] [comments]

    What is the best way to transfer the largest amount of data from my first-gen Pixel to a new phone?

    Posted: 31 Jan 2018 11:00 AM PST

    I currently have a 1st gen Pixel with only 32GB storage and 1. I like larger phones and 2. The OnePlus 5t seems to be a slightly better upgrade than a lateral move. Am I wrong on the latter?

    Regardless, if I were to get a 5t, and I upload all of my Google info which I know will fill my new phone with many apps and such I've downloaded, I suppose my main concern is with credit card and banking apps. I use fingerprint authentication now and would like to continue that process on my new phone as I've forgotten many of my respective passwords and usernames etc. Also there is apparently a way to connect via NFC and a USB 3.0 cord from phone to phone to get maximum transfer of my data?

    I keep going back and forth on whether or not to get rid of my perfectly-fine Pixel, but if I, or you were to upgrade or transfer phones, how would you transfer as much data as possible?

    submitted by /u/Meanderthal1212
    [link] [comments]

    apple headphones galaxy headphones?

    Posted: 31 Jan 2018 06:44 PM PST

    Which Android skin ages most gracefully?

    Posted: 31 Jan 2018 10:42 AM PST

    I've owned a Galaxy S5, S6, and Axon 7 before flipping to the Dark Side. But now I want to come back. My biggest concern is that all of the phones above seemed to slow down after 3-6 months of use, causing me to not answer phone calls, repeatedly force close apps, and eventually get rid of the phone. My guess is a Pixel is probably the best, but if anyone has a good suggestion outside of the Pixel (preferrably something you could get at an AT&T store...and I know that's a whole other thing...) I would really appreciate it!

    submitted by /u/brisonharvey
    [link] [comments]

    how do I delete preinstalled google apps?

    Posted: 31 Jan 2018 12:16 PM PST

    I have a LG stylo 2 plus and it gives me 8gb of free storage to use. i now have around 500MB of free storage left and i can't delete the apps i have on my phone because i use them every single day but the apps I don't use like all of google docs I cant delete and there taking up a lot of storage I need. is there any way to git rid of them or move the app data to a SD card?

    submitted by /u/nickisdoge
    [link] [comments]

    S8 keeps connecting to wifi on its own

    Posted: 31 Jan 2018 05:59 PM PST

    Hi,

    I have a Samsung Galaxy S8 with T-Mobile. I will be on regular 4g and then my phone randomly connects (or tries to connect) to any nearby wifi. It totally messes up any downloads or hotspots I have going on.

    I have searched for solutions, but none have worked so far. I turned off "smart network switch," "network notification," "hotspot 2.0," and switched "keep wifi on during sleep" to never. All these were under settings>connections>wifi>advanced.

    Thank you so much for your time.

    submitted by /u/luvpuppups
    [link] [comments]

    Phone is really buggy, is taking pictures by itself

    Posted: 31 Jan 2018 05:50 PM PST

    It keeps opening the camera and taking pictures, it also keeps muting the volume, like continuously. I can't get the thing showing the volume to go away. Please help because this is getting ridiculous.

    Edit: a few more details, the power button also stops working when the camera or volume is messing up. I'll take out the battery to restart it, and everything will be fine for a few minutes before messing up again.

    submitted by /u/Pulp501
    [link] [comments]

    How do I download my snes9x game save off my phone?

    Posted: 31 Jan 2018 05:47 PM PST

    Hey everyone, sorry if this is out of place but I just want to find the location of the save file (because I have a save file for earthbound I've been playing on for 3 years and I've been trying to get perfect stats, and I don't want to start again) on the snes9x app.

    Does it save to the ROM or is there a separate file? It's a niche question I know, but hopefully someone will know or can redirect me.

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/SpruxHD
    [link] [comments]

    Android hotspot failing downloads due to network errors.

    Posted: 31 Jan 2018 11:04 AM PST

    I'm using Android 6.0.1 through the MetroPCS network. I turn on hotspot and have no problem connecting to the network through Microsoft Windows 10 Home Version 10.0.15063 on a Dell Latitude E6420 through the DW1530 Wireless-N WLAN Half-Mini Card.

    Here's my ipconfig:

    Windows IP Configuration

    Ethernet adapter Ethernet:

    Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :

    Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection* 1:

    Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :

    Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection* 11:

    Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :

    Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi:

    Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : IPv6 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 2607:fb90:29e:b5d3:540e:887e:cd61:8ce0 Temporary IPv6 Address. . . . . . : 2607:fb90:29e:b5d3:f482:57aa:7138:75a6 Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::540e:887e:cd61:8ce0%12 IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.218 Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0 Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : fe80::d5e0:9ce:ce67:8613%12 192.168.1.1

    Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 10:

    Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : IPv6 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 2001:0:9d38:6ab8:2cbb:9f3:53c7:f316 Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::2cbb:9f3:53c7:f316%14 Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . :

    I'm using Chrome version 64.0.3282.119.

    This is an ongoing problem.

    How can stop the downloads from failing after about 15 minutes?

    submitted by /u/ninjapanda112
    [link] [comments]

    Broken Note 8

    Posted: 31 Jan 2018 01:11 PM PST

    Not sure where else to post this. So I have a Note 8. My problem is the adhesive for the back is coming off and the phone has been freaking out and dying quickly. Sometimes when I start the phone, it gets stuck in a restarting phone loop. I'd like to get the phone repaired to be sold, however there isn't any place I can find that would repair the adhesive and stuff like that. Another problem I'd like to solve is the battery and restarting problems. Any suggestions? Should I just sell it in it's current condition and hope for the best?

    submitted by /u/TheMetalWarrior
    [link] [comments]

    Only receiving about 85% of text messages.

    Posted: 31 Jan 2018 01:00 PM PST

    Moto G Play

    T-Mobile

    United States

    Device is up to date. I only get like 80something percent of text messages and occasionally some fail to send as well.

    Any settings I should tinker with?

    submitted by /u/tactics14
    [link] [comments]

    Need Help recognizing USB to play media through a home theater receiver

    Posted: 31 Jan 2018 10:37 AM PST

    I recently moved in with a friend who has a Sony STR-DH550 receiver for their home theater and speakers. There is a USB input on the front to play music from a smartphone, but it only seems to work using an Iphone. I have tried each option with my Galaxy S8+ while plugged in (use as media device etc.) but none of the options are letting the receiver recognize my phone and allow me to play music through it. Is there anything i can do to fix this? Perhaps emulate an iphone output to let the receiver read my files?

    submitted by /u/onlyforknowledge
    [link] [comments]

    App links are always opening in Firefox. How can I fix it so they open in the correct app?

    Posted: 31 Jan 2018 08:22 AM PST

    Recently, links that are app-specific are opening in Firefox instead of the appropriate app. For example, a link on reddit.com will open in Firefox, even though Reddit Is Fun is configured to open all Reddit links. Even when Reddit detects that I'm on a mobile browser and gives me a link to the app on Google Play, I just end up on the Google Play website, not the the Play app!

    It's getting very frustrating. How can I fix it?

    submitted by /u/peterjoel
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel