• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Sunday, December 31, 2017

    What are these files in my SD card? Android Help

    What are these files in my SD card? Android Help


    What are these files in my SD card?

    Posted: 31 Dec 2017 01:47 PM PST

    https://imgur.com/gallery/01BPd

    The SD card label has also been named similarly. I don't know when this happened.

    submitted by /u/heiner10
    [link] [comments]

    To get a new android, can I just order one online and switch the SIM card to the new one, or do I need to go into the Verizon store and have them switch it?

    Posted: 31 Dec 2017 04:54 PM PST

    Anyone know? I have an android right now and want to get a new one, not sure if I can just buy one and switch the SIM card or if I need to go into the store and the person does their thing.

    submitted by /u/bigbobby555
    [link] [comments]

    Just switched from iPhone

    Posted: 31 Dec 2017 04:23 PM PST

    My Apple headphone buttons don't work and it seems that Apple uses a different wiring system. Does anyone know of a pair of earbuds with a similar shape that is compatible with an Android device?

    submitted by /u/Fallencyte
    [link] [comments]

    Low Image Quality on Snapchat

    Posted: 31 Dec 2017 10:09 PM PST

    Hey everyone, Ive always wondered why my Snapchat pictures were such low quality but figured that I was my phone for a while. After recently upgrading to a Google Pixel 2 XL my photos seem to even lower quality. I know of a fact that this phone has one of the, if not the best cameras on the cellphone market. Anyone know how I can fix this if possible? If not why is this like this?

    submitted by /u/eml6601
    [link] [comments]

    Help with two issues affecting my battery life: snoozehelper.EVALUATE alarm and Google Play keeping significant motion detector on

    Posted: 31 Dec 2017 09:55 PM PST

    Hi all. I upgraded from a rooted HTC 10 on 7.0 to an unrooted Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact on 8.0 and have been trying to troubleshoot battery drain since I've owned the phone. GSam shows a barcode-like "active" bar even when Doze has kicked in.

    Better Battery Stats shows a massive amount of wakeups (like 20-40 per minute) from the snoozehelper.EVALUATE alarm. I can find very little information online about this. Does anyone know what this is supposed to do and how I can control it?

    The other issue is that Google Play Services is using my Significant Motion sensor basically 24/7. ForceDoze (with motion sensor supposedly disabled) did not solve this, and neither did reflashing my firmware. Is this normal behavior on Android 8.0? Is it linked to the snooze helper alarm in some way?

    Any and all help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/finewhitelady
    [link] [comments]

    [Question] New Android device

    Posted: 31 Dec 2017 09:01 PM PST

    I'm thinking of buying a new Android to add to my collection. So far I have the Nexus 5 and 5X, so my next step was the Nextbit Robin. I'm probably gonna use it to hold all my music and movies, so I was wondering if anybody could tell me if it would be good for 1080p video payblack and some other heavier tasks

    submitted by /u/BearOfReddit
    [link] [comments]

    Wi-fi won't turn on.

    Posted: 31 Dec 2017 01:14 PM PST

    So this problem's been happening for a while. At first , wi fi wouldn't turn on and restarting it would fix it. After a while, I had to restart it every twenty or thirty minutes but for last few days , wi fi won't turn on at all. Whenever I try to turn it on, message appears saying "Wi-fi driver failed to load". How do i fix this?

    submitted by /u/spicy_m4ym4ys
    [link] [comments]

    Issues with Facebook

    Posted: 31 Dec 2017 08:11 PM PST

    After 7 years of being an avid apple user I have betrayed them and came to the dark side (speaking of which where's the cookies?). I bought an s8+ and started downloading all my apps. First thing I do is sign into Facebook and holy cow does the app suck. It's clunky, It's slow, and me biggest bone to pick is the menu bar goes away any time you click on a comment, someone else's profile, etc. After a little digging I found some cool wrappers for Facebook. I really became fond of "metal, but after some time realized it wasn't pushing my notifications even with the. Enabled in preferences. Is there something I am missing or are all wrapper apps like that?

    submitted by /u/Csthornton
    [link] [comments]

    Can you change resolution on your phone?

    Posted: 31 Dec 2017 09:29 AM PST

    My phone has started to drain battery when watching HD video. Like an hour of Twitch streaming from a 100% battery. It used to be at least 3 hours in HD.

    So, I tried to adapt and just turned the resolution down to 360p. That seems to have helped as an hour of watching took it down only 40%.

    But game apps are draining my battery intensely, which I am assuming because of their high resolution (1920 or 4K)

    I found in the developer options on Nougat that you can simulate a second screen at various resolutions, but no option for changing the primary resolution.

    I am rooted, so a root option to accomplish this is acceptable.

    submitted by /u/Exaskryz
    [link] [comments]

    Battery level massive sudden drop

    Posted: 31 Dec 2017 03:18 PM PST

    Battery usage https://imgur.com/a/YECch

    Never happened before. Was in the cold for maybe 30 mins in my pocket. What's going on?

    Edit: sorry, it's on an S7 edge, had it since launch, Android 7.0

    Edit edit: OK, after 45 mins of charging its back to 100%. It must have even some sort of misread on the phones part. Weird

    submitted by /u/flibbleflop
    [link] [comments]

    One of my apps suddenly decided to ignore Google's ban on lockscreen ads. Does Android keep a list somewhere of the most recently updated apps?

    Posted: 31 Dec 2017 02:31 PM PST

    Device is a Galaxy S6 w/ Android 7.0. Here's the lockscreen in question.

    I just saw it for the first time today, so the app causing it must have been updated within the last couple days. In the past I seem to remember stumbling across a list of my device's most recently updated apps, but now I can't find it. Anyone know if such a thing exists and where it's located? If not, are there any easy ways to find out which app is causing this stupid thing, without going through and disabling every single app on my phone? Any advice to get rid of it would be greatly appreciated.

    P.S. I've dealt with a mystery lockscreen before (it was subsequently removed when the ban took place), but I never found out which app was causing that one either. I don't have any of the "popular offenders" listed on various tech support pages through Google searching, so if we can figure out which app is causing this one, it might be helpful for other users as well. Also I am sooo reporting their dumb asses.


    Update:

    I found the app. BestMe Selfie Camera. (See my comment below for the solution if a different app is causing this problem.) I'm almost positive that was the app causing the lockscreen to pop up in the past too. I don't take "selfies" very often but I used it earlier today, and it looks like loading the app triggered the lockscreen again, even after it had been closed. I can't find anyone else on the internet complaining about it either, so I'm reporting this to Google and hopefully they'll take care of it quickly. Can't believe app creators think they can still get away with this crap.

    submitted by /u/TwinkleTheChook
    [link] [comments]

    My S6 Edge has a background error.

    Posted: 31 Dec 2017 12:00 PM PST

    Hello guys, I got a S6 Edge in a swapdeal and I'm very satisfied with the phone. But there is one problem bugging me and that's that there seems to be a kind of transparant fake background on every app. For example now in the reddit app I can see the background of the person I swapped it with. I see his weater widget I see the Google bar, I see his applications too. The person whom I swapped with isn't reachable anymore. He didn't scam me but I think he saw this thing over his head. But it bothers me so I hope somebody can help me out, it may seem like a minor thing but it's grinding my gears. And I sent a couple of screenshots to some friends but it isn't visible on the screenshots on their phone.

    TL;DR Transparent fake background, needs to be gone.

    submitted by /u/IscoRM
    [link] [comments]

    Too many decisions! LG G6, LG V30, Essential, or HTC U11?

    Posted: 31 Dec 2017 02:10 PM PST

    I currently have an iPhone 7. I'm deciding if I want to upgrade or not, but I know I don't want the iPhone X. I'm aiming for a really nice camera since I post a lot to Instagram and take pictures of make-up looks, so the camera is the most important, followed by ease of use and good sound.

    The LG G6 has a different Snapdragon than the others, and I'm also wondering if that really affects performance at all? What are your opinions on the mentioned phones?

    Any help is appreciated! Thank you and Happy New Year! ♥

    submitted by /u/nyxitalks
    [link] [comments]

    Keyboard lag with Reddit+Hackers Keyboard+Google Spell Checker

    Posted: 31 Dec 2017 05:25 PM PST

    I've been having this weird issue where I start commenting on a post, and after hitting the first character, my phone locks up for about 15 seconds. After that, it's fine. The weird thing is that I don't have this problem with any other apps, just the Reddit app. It also goes away if I change keyboards, or disable spell check. I am on a Note 8.
    I love this keyboard, and spell check keeps me from making stupid mistakes. Any thoughts as to how I can resolve this?

    submitted by /u/Red_Icnivad
    [link] [comments]

    Can you set a SMS alert for one contact that will really get your attention?

    Posted: 31 Dec 2017 04:51 PM PST

    If my phone rings it will wake me up generally. Next week my work will start a program to call us in via text. My notification for my sms is just a little ding. I need something that will just keep ringing until I acknowledge it but for just one contact.

    submitted by /u/kcexactly
    [link] [comments]

    Media volume lowers significantly while in a call (including VoIP). Makes watching netflix, etc. while talking to someone nearly impossible. Galaxy S8 with Boost Mobile. Latest updates as of 12/31/17

    Posted: 31 Dec 2017 04:41 PM PST

    Hello! I have an issue with my phone. I'm trying to watch shows with someone, and I want to be in a call with them, but while we're talking (more specifically, when she's talking), the media volume lowers to almost inaudible except for dialogue. No background noise or music can really be heard. This makes watching things with someone fairly unenjoyable, and I really would like to fix this.

    It sounds like an audio attenuation issue but I don't know how to solve it. In short, my phone seems to lower the volume of anything outside of the call significantly, which makes watching videos with someone while on a call nearly undoable.

    submitted by /u/flyafar
    [link] [comments]

    Internet Speed Meter won't show real time download speed in Nokia 6

    Posted: 31 Dec 2017 04:25 PM PST

    So I just got a Nokia 6 and I haven't updated any of the system shit. Just installed some of my apps.

    But in the status bar, even after turning on the settings in ISM it won't show real time stats. I used like 100 MB, but it doesn't move from a certain amount in notification panel. But it stays ok in the main app.

    Any solutions? Or will it go away with system updates? TIA :)

    submitted by /u/BroKick19
    [link] [comments]

    Trouble installing modules on new phone using Magisk

    Posted: 31 Dec 2017 04:08 PM PST

    I just installed Magisk on a new Moto E4 Plus using TWRP. When I try to download/install a module through the manager, the logs say that the installation failed due to Magisk not being activated. Module I tried was iYTBP.

    This is my first time using Magisk and some quick google searches through the XDA forums and other reddit threads didn't bring up anything so any help would be appreciated.

    submitted by /u/denstei
    [link] [comments]

    Can't connect to internet using my data

    Posted: 31 Dec 2017 03:54 PM PST

    Just bought a Moto g5 plus. I can't use the internet with my data. Any tips on what I should do next?

    submitted by /u/ericb0
    [link] [comments]

    Bootloop and Unable to Fastboo

    Posted: 31 Dec 2017 11:38 AM PST

    Hello all,

    I have a Moto G that is stuck in a bootloop, which, when the device is turned on, I see the battery screen which shows 0% and, shortly thereafter, the Motorola logo and then a black screen and then back to the battery screen. At no point during any stage of this process am I am to get the device to go into fastboot by holding the power button and volume down, including during the initial switching on of the device. I am also unable to get adb to recognize the device at any point during the bootloop.

    Do I have any options at all in order to get into fastboot mode and then begin the process of fixing the device?

    Thank you advance for your help.

    submitted by /u/Keizai
    [link] [comments]

    Is Huawei still selling data from their phones to the Chinese government?

    Posted: 30 Dec 2017 11:34 PM PST

    They seem to make great phones but the selling information part I found out from a Reddit comment is kinda scary. I've done some googling and all the articles seem to be from 2016 so maybe they stopped doing it? My real concern is that if they're selling data to a foreign government and there's a fingerprint scanner, that wouldn't be good.

    submitted by /u/Porkless_Bovine
    [link] [comments]

    Can you view a website that you have previously visited exactly the same as when viewed?

    Posted: 31 Dec 2017 01:28 AM PST

    Asking if I can view like a cached version of a website because I hotel is making us pay double the price even though the website had it much lower and they said they would change if we had proof but the date has changed.

    Edit: the website is accorhotels.com

    submitted by /u/BNoog
    [link] [comments]

    Trouble sending text messages

    Posted: 31 Dec 2017 10:34 AM PST

    Hello, first time posting on this subreddit. I did a brief search and checked the FAQs but could not quickly find a similar issue already posted. Sorry if I overlooked something!

    I have a Motorola G5+, am running Android version 7.0, T-Mobile is my carrier, and I use the pre-installed "Messages" app for texting. Almost daily when sending a text, I'll get a notification that's says the text was, "Not sent. Tap to try again."

    I'll tap as instructed but get the same result. I'll copy the text, delete it, paste it into a new message and send that, but get the same result. I'll close the app and try both methods again with no success. Then I'll take a screenshot of the unsent text and send that to the recipient which will finally work.

    Sometimes I have luck turning off wi-fi and sending the text over data, but not always. This happens for regular texts, group messages, etc. I used to have a Nexus 5X (same carrier, version of Android, and messaging app) with the same problem, but far less frequent.

    Let me know if I'm missing pertinent information, I'll be glad to provide it along with screenshots.

    Perhaps it's just the app and I need to download a new one. If so, what are your suggestions?

    Happy New Year!

    submitted by /u/submarinedreams
    [link] [comments]

    Pixel 2 + iPhone Headphones

    Posted: 31 Dec 2017 12:38 AM PST

    So I transitioned to the Pixel 2 from the iPhone 7 a couple weeks ago. My EDC headphones are the stock Apple ones that came with my iPhone.

    Listening to music is still fine but I have an issue anytime my microphone is active. It's SUPER sensitive. Any movement on my end is amplified back to me and whomever I'm talking with. Anytime the microphone brushes on my shirt it sounds like I'm rubbing sandpaper through a bullhorn.

    Is there any way around this or is it some proprietary hardware Apple trap?

    submitted by /u/ExodusPHX
    [link] [comments]

    Anyway to stop constant Bluetooth pair requests?

    Posted: 31 Dec 2017 06:31 AM PST

    Is there a way to stop incoming Bluetooth connection requests? Apparently one of my neighbors got a Bluetooth speaker for Christmas and now I have a constant notification about it wanting to connect to my Pixel XL 2. I have never once paired with it, I'm not sure why it seems to be obsessed with my phone. I don't want to turn Bluetooth off because there are quite a few things I use it for at home.

    submitted by /u/aphlipot
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel