• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Thursday, November 30, 2017

    Whats going on? My new lg g6 is draining FASTER than my old lg risio 2 with a smaller battery? Android Help

    Whats going on? My new lg g6 is draining FASTER than my old lg risio 2 with a smaller battery? Android Help


    Whats going on? My new lg g6 is draining FASTER than my old lg risio 2 with a smaller battery?

    Posted: 30 Nov 2017 05:14 PM PST

    My new lg has a 3000 battery and the risio has a 2500

    But the risio can be used for 2 hours straight and only go from 90% to 70

    In that same time (consistently) my g6 drains 30% just sitting there. (both in airplane mode. Both connected to the same wifi)

    This happens every day. The lg g6 also doesnt seem to have the battery saver mode that turn the buttons orange.

    Does anyone have suggestions?

    submitted by /u/jdjdhdhejej
    [link] [comments]

    Unknown App "10144" draining battery

    Posted: 30 Nov 2017 06:24 PM PST

    I have never seen this app before. In further settings I can see that it has been using GPS since 13h 33m 13s and used 283mAh.

    This is a one plus one. I have not installed any new app in 24 hours. I am not using any kind of 4g/lte services. My location services are definitely turned off. My phone is not rooted. Here is the screenshot : https://imgur.com/a/vzYTP

    Any help will be most appreciated. Thanks.

    EDIT: Also it is not showing up in apps. And I can't force stop or report the app.(Its Blocked Off)

    submitted by /u/meme_drinker
    [link] [comments]

    What happened to my photo?

    Posted: 30 Nov 2017 08:28 PM PST

    https://imgur.com/a/kFFwf

    Went to show someone a pic and this is what it looked like in my gallery. All other photos are fine

    submitted by /u/TBtheG
    [link] [comments]

    Why is EDS randomly using root access?

    Posted: 30 Nov 2017 05:34 PM PST

    I've been noticing recently that "root access" hash sign has been randomly appearing then disappearing. I looked through my settings and it looks like it's EDS.

    I think it's only been happening since the most recent update, version 2.0.0.216. I've been using EDS for about a year now, it works perfectly for decrypting my TrueCrypt container. This new activity seems weird though. The app isn't even running (in the foreground) or in my app switcher.

    Does anyone know what the app is doing with random root access? Is there any way for me to find out?

    My phone: Motorola Moto E LTE "surnia" with CyanogenMod (Android 6.0.1)

    submitted by /u/HaikuLubber
    [link] [comments]

    iMessage for Android?

    Posted: 30 Nov 2017 01:52 PM PST

    This has probably been asked before but is there any way I can get iMessage or something that will work with the group chats on iMessage on my Android. To clarify all my friends have iPhones and are all in group chats but they will never put me in a group chat with them due to the fact that I have an Android. Is there any way around this? thanks

    submitted by /u/Dirty_Dan89
    [link] [comments]

    Have you tried datally yet? Which apps are the worst offenders for you?

    Posted: 30 Nov 2017 09:49 PM PST

    If you are wondering what datally is. https://www.theverge.com/2017/11/29/16716796/datally-data-tracking-android-app-google

    The leading offender for me is facebook with whatsapp being a close second. I am curious if there are any surprising apps that make this list for anyone else out there.

    submitted by /u/srinathrajaram
    [link] [comments]

    New to Android. How do I sync iTunes music from my Macbook to my Samsung s8 via a wired connection?

    Posted: 30 Nov 2017 05:59 PM PST

    Android OS/Beaming Service used 10x more data/wifi than usual this month. And a few other weird things.. help?!

    Posted: 30 Nov 2017 09:30 PM PST

    So the past few weeks or so ive been noticing that my phone operates MUCH slower than usual. Theres a lot of lagging when going between apps and things like that. have a galaxy s6 edge for tmobile and its a little over 2 years old. Ive cleaned out all my old photos and videos, ive uninstalled apps, freeing up like 6gbs of internal memory and that hasnt helped. I make a point to close all apps multiple times a day so i was confused when my available RAM was steadily decreasing. So today when i checked my backgroud apps (using device maintenance in settings if that matters) i was confused. It seemed like there were way more apps going, and some that didnt make sense to me or that id never seen before...

    Cloud gateway popped up often and near the top, lookout says its safe as of 11 days ago when it was supposedly installed but when i go to the actual file i get an error saying my phone blocks apps from unknown sources.

    Print spooler (never heard of it..) i wasnt printing or sharing anything that i knew of w anyone. I was listening to spotify on the xbox i think, though.

    A lot of storage and cloud apps were running too while i wasnt actively using them. (Google Drive, OneDrive, Samsung Cloud, Contacts Storage, ect.) I wouldn't think anything of this if it werrnt for some of the Android os apps running at the same time (com.samsung.android.sm.devicesecurity/com.sec.app.TransmitPowerService/Package installer..) By no means am i an IT expert, but im not completely illiterate i dont think. So at this point im like what the fuck. It just looks suspicious all together ok. Also theres 5 zip files in my download folder and i have no idea what theyre for or where they came from. (This isnt the first bundle of weird files ive deleted from downloads in the past 2 weeks..)

    Finally i stumble onto my data/wifi usage history, and in the past month the Android OS apps on my phone have used 3.09 GB. October they only used 446MB, and 188MB in September... im not doing anything differently that i know of.. ? What would realistically cause a jump in data usage like that?

    Im wondering if this is something that i should be concerned about? Lookout says im safe, so does avast. Ive been using a vpn. So is someone hacking my shit or is my phone is just a piece of garbage and ready to croak?

    I linked some screenshots down below. Any advice or info would be appreciated, thanks for reading this.

    https://imgur.com/gallery/wmXd5

    submitted by /u/hatline
    [link] [comments]

    Can't properly use Samsung Galaxy Tab 4

    Posted: 30 Nov 2017 05:26 PM PST

    I recently did a hard reset of my Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 and now I keep getting errors saying that processes like "com.google.process.location" and that Google Play services have stopped. The errors keep coming up and now it's almost impossible for this tablet to function regularly. Is there a way to reinstall Android or what should I do?

    submitted by /u/ZRG_Rush
    [link] [comments]

    Half of my screen periodically freezes (veritically)

    Posted: 30 Nov 2017 10:38 AM PST

    I moved from Apple to andriod recently picking up a Razer phone (mostly for the massive battery/great speakers).

    I recently used in the installed image app (s editor) which I believe is the trigger for the issue. Since using this I've been seeing this half screen freeze occur. I've tried the following steps to resolve the issue:

    • Clear app caches
    • Run CCleaner
    • Change display size
    • Change text size
    • Change resolution (has helped but issue still occurs)
    • Remove sEditor

    The issue persists through out the entire OS and seems to have also severely negatively impacted the default camera app which can cause my phone to black screen.

    I'm fairly certain that this is a software/OS issue rather than a phone issue so any advice you could provide would be greatly appreciated. The phone is running the Nougat OS + nova launcher and not routed.

    Edit: I believed this had been resolved by simply updating my camera zoom however for some apps (mostly games or HTML based apps) this issue persisted. Factory reset seems to resolve this albeit extreme.

    submitted by /u/BalnirDB
    [link] [comments]

    Does always-on display cause screen burn in?

    Posted: 30 Nov 2017 03:14 PM PST

    I know that different phone use different implementations of it, personally I'm running an S8+.

    I know some displays shift things by a few pixels gradually to avoid it but I'm still wondering if it's a concern.

    submitted by /u/Auctoritate
    [link] [comments]

    Odd pop up ads on Pixel XL

    Posted: 30 Nov 2017 09:10 PM PST

    So my OG Pixel XL has been having oddly times pop up ads come up randomly during use. Most of the time they are upon unlocking the phone..and they don't go away unless I click the small X to close it out. I don't know where these are coming from as I haven't downloaded any apps recently. Any ideas to make these go away? Running stick Android 8.0.

    submitted by /u/ststudderboxstanley
    [link] [comments]

    How do I make the volume buttons change volume by units of one?

    Posted: 30 Nov 2017 09:07 PM PST

    It would also help to have a number (1-100) next to the volume slider.

    submitted by /u/coolool8
    [link] [comments]

    Purple streak showing up when display black/dark colours

    Posted: 30 Nov 2017 08:55 PM PST

    I noticed today on my Xperia XZ that when my screen is displaying something black or dark colours, there is a purple/maroon streak on the screen. It is more prominent the darker the screen.

    I thought this might have been burn-in or a dead pixel, but the purple colouration goes away completely when it's displaying bright colours - if the screen is white for example, it disappears completely.

    I'm really confused as to why this is and would appreciate any help with resolving this.

    submitted by /u/adiesome
    [link] [comments]

    What data app should I use?

    Posted: 30 Nov 2017 02:55 PM PST

    Recently I switched from my iPhone 6 to a Samsung s8. I enjoy it a ton, but I have one problem. On my iPhone I could block certain apps from using data at all when I went into cellular settings so I could use data for Pokemon go when walking home. The android settings don't seem to have settings to block certain apps from using data so sometimes I'll have WiFi off and use data as I'm walking home, but forget to turn it off when I get home and end up using extra data for YouTube videos and other stuff until I notice. Are there any apps that block certain apps from using data, or am I missing something in the settings?

    submitted by /u/game_plete
    [link] [comments]

    Android Wear vs Samsung Gear

    Posted: 30 Nov 2017 08:48 PM PST

    Could someone explain to me what makes the difference between an Android Wear 2.0 watch like the LG Style and the Samsung Gear watches? I'm not sure I understand what makes the Samsung watches distinct.

    submitted by /u/Quotididox
    [link] [comments]

    Google voice search issue/question.

    Posted: 30 Nov 2017 04:40 PM PST

    Before the latest Google app update, I had the Google search set as a shortcut when I long-pressed my home key. When I did so, it would always activate the voice search no matter how many times I had done it before without the need to close the app.

    Now, when I long-press, the voice search will open the first time that I use that app, but it will subsequently just open the Google app to the main menu. Basically to this the info/cards type thing...I don't know what else to call it.

    If I want to quickly long-press to voice search again, I am forced to close the app and do it from scratch. I hate this! Is there any setting I have been missing (I look a lot) that would allow me to always voice search as default? Is this to force us all into Google assistant?

    I have not used Google assistant. If I placed it as the new shortcut on my long-press, could I set it up to where I can always voice search on the long-press? Does it require the "Ok Google" pronouncement??? If so, I would hate it so much. I don't know how others feel, but I feel like a proper dumbass saying "Ok Google" to my phone for every search. There are so many Google apps - NOW, just the "Google app," the voice search app, Google assistant - that it is hard to keep track of which does what!

    Has anyone else dealt with this nonsense? How can I just get my voice search function back when I long-press every single time without the need to restart my app?

    submitted by /u/oneplusz
    [link] [comments]

    How do I prevent nova from squishing widgets in landscape mode?

    Posted: 30 Nov 2017 08:43 AM PST

    Car USB External SD Card access Q

    Posted: 30 Nov 2017 04:05 PM PST

    Basic specs: Samsung with Android 7 USB Debug On SanDisc SD Card

    MiniCooper Clubman 2009

    My issue is this: My car can actually connect and read the entire directory structure via USB. It can even play music stored in the Music directory of the internal storage. However it can only read the directories of the external SD and not the files. ie, if a song is in Music on internal storage then it sees and plays it, but if it's in external then I can access the Music directory but no files are listed. I've checked this by moving files back and forth.

    This feels like a file permissions issue. Is there a way to access the files themselves? I'd rather not go the rooting route but I'd also not turn down a solution that requires it.

    Thank you!

    submitted by /u/ClericInAKilt
    [link] [comments]

    Does a reverse twilight/flux app exist?

    Posted: 30 Nov 2017 01:41 PM PST

    basically looking for an app that can boost the blue light on the phone display. Have a weird sleep schedule, and am looking for something that might help at waking me up in the morning

    submitted by /u/cweees
    [link] [comments]

    How do I completely unroot my Sony Xperia Z5 and rreturn it ti stock?

    Posted: 30 Nov 2017 07:22 PM PST

    I am returning my phone it for repair tomorrow because of a problem with its screen. I still have a few weeks left of my 2 year warranty for my phone so there isn't any problems there.

    What I want to know is how I can fully unroot the phone and make it ready for sending it in for reparations.

    submitted by /u/CherryDeluge
    [link] [comments]

    Best ways to stay private on social media

    Posted: 30 Nov 2017 07:02 PM PST

    So lately when I created an Instagram.. I found that in my suggestions box it had some of my old friends in there. I don't like some if these people lol. I never gave Instagram the permission to do this. Ive always had sync on. I just turned it off now and don't know if that's what caused this. I'm trying to create my own Instagram/Twitter page for business and don't want old friends I don't talk with seeing me on their suggestions box. Any way to avoid this?

    submitted by /u/TerrorMaxine
    [link] [comments]

    How to prohibit any connections to specific country

    Posted: 30 Nov 2017 05:48 PM PST

    I want to make my phone prohibit connections to certain countries. What would be a good way to do this?

    I want to ensure NO DATA comes or goes into or out from my phone to a country.

    submitted by /u/-vandelsand
    [link] [comments]

    Best screen protector for galaxy s8+?

    Posted: 30 Nov 2017 11:15 AM PST

    I prefer tempered glass screen protectors but the cheap one I bought just popped off. It only had adhesive around the edges.

    Best screen protectors out there?

    submitted by /u/Gwinevak
    [link] [comments]

    Problem with Google Photos?

    Posted: 30 Nov 2017 07:57 AM PST

    Hello. Anyone else experiencing issues with Google Photos since yesterday's update? I can't launch the app. It immediately says "...has stopped" and when you re-launch "...keeps stopping". Force stopping, disabling and re-enabling, etc. Does nothing. Anyone else experiencing this?

    submitted by /u/Press_F5_Comrade
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel