• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Friday, March 18, 2022

    Samsung Daily Support Thread

    Samsung Daily Support Thread


    Daily Support Thread

    Posted: 17 Mar 2022 03:00 AM PDT

    Welcome to the Daily Support thread for r/Samsung. You can use this thread to ask questions about your device, troubleshoot tech problems or ask buying/selling advice.

    Have a question you need answered? Ask away! Please remember to adhere to our rules, which can be found here: Detailed Rules

    Join our Discord for immediate help & Samsung Support if you can't find the answer you need:

    Note: Comments are sorted by /new for your convenience.

    The new Daily Support Thread is posted each day at 06:00 AM EST (Click HERE for other timezones) and then the old one is archived. If this time is near when you want to post your question, it is advised to wait for the new thread to be posted.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Samsung to give the Galaxy A33, A53 and A73 four Android OS upgrades

    Posted: 17 Mar 2022 08:02 AM PDT

    The Samsung Galaxy A53 5G gets a bigger battery and a lower price

    Posted: 17 Mar 2022 06:55 PM PDT

    How does the regular S22 do against S21 Ultra?

    Posted: 18 Mar 2022 12:01 AM PDT

    It has been more than a year since S21 Ultra came out. It's getting cheaper and cheaper and in some markets it's almost in the same price bracket as S22.

    submitted by /u/Dandy_Boy_Apples
    [link] [comments]

    I prefer the Galaxy Buds Live

    Posted: 17 Mar 2022 11:31 AM PDT

    There, I said it. They fit my ear like a comfortable glove and I love how they sound and that they don't go all the way in my ear. Anyone else feel the same way?

    submitted by /u/jj090501
    [link] [comments]

    Has anyone moved from a Galaxy S to a Galaxy A phone? How was your experience?

    Posted: 17 Mar 2022 02:15 PM PDT

    Exactly the title.

    submitted by /u/eappendix
    [link] [comments]

    Opinion: Samsung should support direct Galaxy to Galaxy communication by including a tiny and dirt cheap LORA chip in their phones.

    Posted: 18 Mar 2022 12:26 AM PDT

    Realistically, phones have all the hardware needed to communicate directly, create adhoc networks, relay signals from other phones out of range of a tower, and so on. They just don't and the radio firmwares are extremely locked down.

    Samsung could put a tiny and dirt cheap sx1276 radio or equivalent in the phone and make an "off grid" chat app for texting and gps locations. This would be big with the outdoor community, I think.

    I know Samsung including another radios sounds far-fetched but they DID put in the UWB radio/radar to the 21/22+ and 2q/22u basically just to work with Samsung Tags+ so..we know they're interested in these niche RF ideas.

    submitted by /u/light24bulbs
    [link] [comments]

    messaging app

    Posted: 18 Mar 2022 02:01 AM PDT

    Somehow my noth messaging app are enabled snd showing both icon. How do remove one of them?

    submitted by /u/Aerrykhehra
    [link] [comments]

    Samsung Money by Sofi, SamsungPay crashing

    Posted: 17 Mar 2022 09:53 PM PDT

    Anyone else having issues with the SamsungPay app crashing when you try to access your samsungmoney information? My card isn't even showing up correctly now and I cant even see my card number and information.

    submitted by /u/kjmproducer
    [link] [comments]

    Apps List for OneUI?

    Posted: 18 Mar 2022 12:51 AM PDT

    Are there any apps similar to HomeUp for NiceLock that can add an apps list instead of an apps page

    Preferably like the one found in MIUI or Smart Launcher where the apps are organised by category

    submitted by /u/22Megabits
    [link] [comments]

    how is the a53 better then the a52s?

    Posted: 17 Mar 2022 08:36 PM PDT

    your giving up the headphone jack for what exactly?

    submitted by /u/Sydroxx
    [link] [comments]

    Canada Exclusive Pre-order. where's this tracking at bro???

    Posted: 17 Mar 2022 10:20 AM PDT

    Red. 512. Ordered 9th feb. Been in processing since day of. Got email when it changed to customizing. And it went to ready to ship, and 1 week later on the way. And its been on the way for 2+ weeks without any tracking details or delay emails or anything.... Just annoyed at this point.

    Something that popped in my head regarding the matter. https://imgur.com/a/LqsM3h0

    submitted by /u/bluHerring
    [link] [comments]

    S22 ultra pre order - status is "on its way"

    Posted: 17 Mar 2022 04:36 AM PDT

    I ordered my s22 ultra over a month ago now and am waiting for it to arrive. My order status was changed to "on its way" well over a week ago but I haven't received any shipping information yet. Anyone else got the same issue?

    Just concerned that it's been marked as "on its way". I feel as though it should be "ready to ship" seeing as I don't have the tracking info yet.

    submitted by /u/MrKinky121
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone got Theme Park working on One UI Core ??

    Posted: 17 Mar 2022 09:56 PM PDT

    So I have a Samsung Galaxy M31 with One UI Core 4.0 And I really want theme park, Why Theme Park : I use navigation gestures and that all apps/ recent menu is not smooth and I would love to use a icon pack with the stock launcher

    submitted by /u/indianabhi
    [link] [comments]

    I just can’t decide between s22 or pixel 6 (base version of both)?

    Posted: 17 Mar 2022 08:41 PM PDT

    I'm aware that I am in an obviously biased subreddit, but I need all the advice/input I can get. ♡

    Some tidbits/concerns/etc:

    • i am a power user (i think?) i use my phone all day, so battery life is important to me

    • currently an iphone xs max user (have hated it since day 1) & previous to that i had a google pixel xl & loved it, but it went downhill pretty quickly

    • camera does matter to me, but from what i've seen, they're about on-par other than in motion. which one is better optimized for in app cameras (like instagram & tiktok)?

    • can i customize them both as much as i want? i wanna make it super cute (as in cute themes & stuff)

    • i need something that will last me awhile. i don't upgrade often

    • which records videos better?

    i think both are pretty phones! i've never had a samsung smartphone, so i don't know how i'll feel about all of that. i'm nervous bc all the negative things about the pixel 6, but i know people are more likely to post negative things online. lemme know your thoughts ♡

    submitted by /u/fawndofyou
    [link] [comments]

    If you use Samsung with Game Booster and you're now having trouble with in-app purchases it because of the "Priority" setting

    Posted: 17 Mar 2022 08:00 PM PDT

    I've been trying to solve this problem for almost 1 year now. The "Priority" setting in Samsung Game Booster makes it so it also disable in-app purchases in games, because it seems to kill Google Play Services in the background or keeps forcing it to shutdown.

    The problem is, it is not so easy to spot at first glance and without much trial and error. Also, many times the "Priority" setting couldn't kill things in the background like Google Play Services so it was most of the time a hit and miss thing trying to spot the problem.

    So today I restarted my phone and opened Duel Links, the in-app purchases were working and the "Priority" setting in Game Booster was on. After restarting the app, the in-app purchases were not working anymore, as if Game Booster managed to kill somethings in the background like Google Play Services in time.

    Then I decided to read everything in the Game Booster settings and the "Priority" setting says something along the lines "It will also kill background apps to give better connection and CPU performance for your games", well I turned it off and in-app purchases were still not working, BUT, because I did not restart the game. Once I restarted Duel Links, in-app purchases were up again with "Priority" off. So if you turn it on, it will immediatly kill Google Play Services and thus disable in-app purchases, but if you turn it off while in-game, it will remain broken till you restart the app.

    I had formated my phone, removed and added back my google play account, messed with my Google Payment settings, cleaned Data/cache from Google Play Store and Google Play Services, tried to fix my time and date, timezone, even blamed my SIM card carrier for "messing with date/time sync", but all was for nothing.

    So yea, after 1 year frustated trying and giving up, the problem was Game Booster. Which is a cool app, allows you to easily record gameplays with somewhat good quality, but this sucks.

    Samsung should add in the "i" (information icon) that "In-app purchases may not work while this setting is on". Would have spare so much of my time and frustation.

    I have a Samsung A10 with jan 1 2022 security patch.

    submitted by /u/FunWithSkooma
    [link] [comments]

    Samsung wins appeal overturning ban on Russia sales in patent lawsuit

    Posted: 17 Mar 2022 07:20 PM PDT

    need a new phone suggestion

    Posted: 17 Mar 2022 07:18 PM PDT

    Really debating about canceling my s22 ultra. I pre-ordered it because my current phone is dying (razer phone 2 my usb c is dead and you can't repair it as parts are none existing, been wirelessly charging it to keep it alive which is another big failing point for the phone for some people)

    Any phone that's available with similar performance?

    submitted by /u/funermen
    [link] [comments]

    Clipboard Bug?

    Posted: 17 Mar 2022 06:51 PM PDT

    Will the clipboard "bug" that is found with alternative keyboards, be fixed anytime soon? I don't want to use Samsung keyboard. I want to use what I've been using for years

    submitted by /u/burghfan3
    [link] [comments]

    Google messages color bubble change ?

    Posted: 17 Mar 2022 02:22 PM PDT

    Does Google messages bubbles change based on something ?. Just last week my bubbles where blue, I changed my wallpaper, and an hour ago I noticed my bubbles are now Grey. Do the bubbles change color based on the wallpaper?. My wallpaper doesn't even have Grey in it.

    submitted by /u/SillyRecover
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone else's order still say Processing?

    Posted: 17 Mar 2022 06:02 PM PDT

    So as the title says, I ordered the S22U 1TB Graphite on Feb 12. Checked today and it is still on "Processing". Tried talking to customer service and all they said was "It is a great phone with an awesome color etc etc." No eta on when I can expect it or anything to that effect.

    I am in Western Canada if that helps.

    submitted by /u/CyberAchilles
    [link] [comments]

    S22U USA Unlocked still on the January patch?

    Posted: 17 Mar 2022 05:55 AM PDT

    I've had this device for a week + now and I'm still on the January patch without the GOS update while my girlfriend who has a T Mobile S21U is on the February patch. This is a joke

    submitted by /u/mrfishiz
    [link] [comments]

    Samsung Optimization Guide - Extreme Battery/Extreme Performance

    Posted: 16 Mar 2022 11:57 PM PDT

    My Samsung Pre-Order "Experience"

    Posted: 17 Mar 2022 05:31 PM PDT

    TL;DR: Samsung can do better but I got my phone.

    So I just wanna talk about the experience I had ordering my S22 Ultra, Sky Blue, 256gb, unlocked, US.

    First, I just wanna say I'm a long time Samsung fan/customer, since the S3. This ordering experience has been the most inconvenient/annoying one that I've ever been a part of.

    So I ordered my phone the night of the Samsung event, so it didn't get processed till the next day. Effectively, I ordered on the 10th of February. I was given an initial expected delivery date of March 8th which was just under four weeks from the event.

    So time goes by and now we're at March 4th. I notice my order is still "customzing" and now I'm starting to get nervous. I got anxious and I ended up calling Samsung support. The person I talked to informed me that my delivery was with the fulfillment team and I should expect a shipping email sometime in the next few days. Then that Saturday approached where I, along with many others, recieved an email stating my order would be delayed, new delivery date of March 15th. This wouldn't have been as annoying to me as it was if I wasn't basically lied to by the Samsung representative earlier. I ended up calling them again a couple days later confronting them about the delay. The second person told me that the first guy didn't put the priority push for my order I guess. So they go and push my order up and it gets to be on its way.

    Sadly, though, at this point my order did get split up. My phone was delivered by itself before any of the accessories I had included in my order as well. Even then, of the five accessories I had ordered, one would still be delayed by itself.

    So now we're at the day of delivery and I'm anxious about how I'll get my signature to the driver. I live in an apartment building with a dedicated mail room. I have no way of knowing if the delivery driver is there unless I'm physically where the delivery would take place. On top of that, Samsung limits the deliveries to weekdays which means I won't be home anyway since I'll be at work. To try to limit any issues with this I placed special delivery instructions; just to call me so I can go down and give the signature. Even if I were at work, that would be okay since I live close to where I work. I get home from work and I notice the tracking app has told me I missed delivery of the phone, just minutes before I got home. FedEx never called me. I got really frustrated with this and I end up calling Samsung a third time after dealing with a FedEx bot to no avail. Samsung said they can't change anything about the delivery once it's shipped so they call FedEx for me and that person ended up being no help either.

    So in my frustration and fear of the phone being returned, I go home early the next day. I gave the driver from yesterday the benefit of the doubt since, allegedly, it takes up to 24 hours for special delivery instructions to get processed. After some waiting I get another missed delivery notification. No call again. At this point, I had to resort to going to my local FedEx shipping center and talking to a manager their. Turns out FedEx drivers aren't actually allowed to call people in regards to their delivery. I had no way of knowing this when I had placed special delivery instructions. Fortunately, I was able to pick up the phone from the facility after showing my ID. Samsung probably has it delivered this way to avoid any theft and such. I appreciate that and I want them to keep doing it but don't make the delivery so difficult to complete that it prevents me from getting the phone too.

    None of this stuff would have frustrateded me as much as it did if it weren't for DHL. Last year, I pre-ordered a Galaxy Book Pro. I had a smooth experience. The order got shipped and delivered to me in two days, with no delays or issues. When DHL had to get a singature from me, the driver called me of their own volition. I had never given instructions to be called and I was never informed that I would be called when my order was shipped. I really liked that because otherwise I never would have gotten my laptop! I wish FedEx could have done this. So we know Samsung can choose better people to ship with, they just chose not to for whatever reason.

    It is what it is, I have the phone now and that's all that matters.

    Anyone else recieve their phone(s) yet? Anyone else still waiting? I'll probably drop another post kinda reviewing the phone in a few days.

    submitted by /u/SubiBrown
    [link] [comments]

    What are your thoughts on the A53 5G?

    Posted: 17 Mar 2022 05:16 PM PDT

    I need a new phone so wanted to know your thoughts.

    submitted by /u/RB_Justice
    [link] [comments]

    Samsung CEO issues formal apology to users over GOS scandal

    Posted: 16 Mar 2022 09:56 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel