• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Monday, May 6, 2019

    OnePlus Moronic Monday (May 06, 2019) - Your weekly questions thread!

    OnePlus Moronic Monday (May 06, 2019) - Your weekly questions thread!


    Moronic Monday (May 06, 2019) - Your weekly questions thread!

    Posted: 06 May 2019 07:10 AM PDT

    This is /r/oneplus' weekly thread for simple questions. More complicated tech support requests and comments begging for codes etc. are not allowed.

    Questions will be archived in the wiki under the FAQ section.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    New renders for the OnePlus 7 Pro

    Posted: 06 May 2019 07:21 AM PDT

    Am I the only one who is truly excited for the OP 7 Pro?

    Posted: 06 May 2019 09:28 AM PDT

    I see so many people here and on other sites commenting that they feel OP has lost their way and no longer cater to their fans with the Pro and it's rumored price. To me, it seems these people have forgotten that OnePlus still has a non-Pro model that seemingly caters directly to them.

    From my perspective, I've stopped using OP devices as my daily driver because their screens, cameras, speakers, haptics and other bits just aren't truly "flagship killer" status. Don't get me wrong, they do an incredible job with what they put out, but I've always wanted to see what OnePlus could do if they didn't stick to the budget phone market. The Pro is exactly (ok, more like 90%) the phone I've been wanting them to make since my original OnePlus One. I'm really excited to get rid of the front facing camera (I don't take selfies, so the popup will just stay down forever) in favor for a more aesthetically pleasing display. The quality of the display is ramping up to be incredible, and that combined with the improved haptics, cameras, stereo speakers and overall build of their devices seems to be bringing them in line with Apple, Samsung and the other big brands. If the rumored price is to be believed at $750 USD, that's incredible, as it's still +/-$300 cheaper than the competition.

    I get it, you want as much bang for your buck, and we all want that. But demanding these features be in the non-pro for the $500-550 price range just seems a bit entitled and narrowminded. If a company you love is still creating a product that fits your needs at your price point, that's awesome. If they continue to offer that, while also offering a device that fits others' needs/price-point that should still be awesome to you, as it shows that your support has paid off, and that they can now get more into the community that you've come to love.

    I don't know, maybe I'm missing something here, but this is the most excited I've been for a OnePlus launch, and I've been a fan since their asinine invitation system for the One.

    I'll be at the NYC event next week too if anyone else is there hit me up.

    submitted by /u/_Aethernex_
    [link] [comments]

    OnePlus 7 non-Pro leaks

    Posted: 06 May 2019 08:40 AM PDT

    OnePlus 7 Pro’s OLED display will be HDR10+ certified.

    Posted: 06 May 2019 03:15 AM PDT

    Android 9 Community Beta 2 for OnePlus 3/3T

    Posted: 06 May 2019 12:53 PM PDT

    Wanna see a Hi-res render of OnePlus 7 Pro with the Pop-Up Camera open? Here's one. Also the Pop-Up is pretty fast (almost faster than OPPO, vivo ones). It may even have Face Unlock (surprisingly). In-Display Fingerprint Sensor is also better. #OnePlus7Pro #OnePlus7Series [Ishan Agarwal via Twitter]

    Posted: 06 May 2019 11:40 AM PDT

    OP3T battery after 2.5 years

    Posted: 06 May 2019 03:37 PM PDT

    I've been using OnePlus 3T during 2 and half years aprox. and after that time I think the battery have some problems.

    The designed battery capacity was 3.400mAh, and my actual battery is 2.591mAh, that means I lost 24% of the battery during these years.

    I don't know if these are good umbers or bad. What do you think?

    How is your battery doing after these years using your phone?

    submitted by /u/Acojonancio
    [link] [comments]

    Will the OP7 Pro have a notification light?

    Posted: 06 May 2019 11:27 AM PDT

    Doubt it will have one but is there any info regarding this?

    submitted by /u/CANADIANsoloer
    [link] [comments]

    No silent option on the alert slider.

    Posted: 06 May 2019 04:08 PM PDT

    Hey guys! I can't get the silent option on the alert slider on my OnePlus 6t. The topmost option is also vibration instead of silent. So basically, my phone vibrates even in silent mode. I don't think so there is something wrong with my alert slider. Please help me out. Thanks

    submitted by /u/-BiGsHoT-
    [link] [comments]

    Response on the OnePlus/Tencent file cleaner petition

    Posted: 06 May 2019 09:47 AM PDT

    OP6 - Turning off face unlock fixed frames dropping on my OP6

    Posted: 06 May 2019 04:27 AM PDT

    Hi all

    I'm not too big into high FPS or whatever, but an unstable frame rate and noticeable spikes do annoy me. So when I first got my OP6, I was disappointed when scrolling in Relay for reddit, Chrome and even the system settings produced noticeable stutters and frame drops. I kinda googled around and as far as I understand there is no consensus, apparently some people have it (or see it) and others don't.

    The other day I accidentally stumbled over the face unlock setting and noticed it was turned on. I don't want to use this feature so I disabled it. Some days passed and only now I realise that scrolling doesn't stutter anymore. I tried out the usual problem apps, but no frame drops, not even in Chrome. Turning face unlock back on reintroduces the stutters for me.

    I didn't change anything else that I could remember. After finding nothing helpful on the old googles I kinda resigned and accepted the situation.

    I know this is not methodical or thought out, maybe face unlock doesn't have anything to do with it all and it's just a placebo effect, but I thought I might share this bit of information, so it might be helpful to someone of you.

    Have a great day everyone.

    Edit: a word

    submitted by /u/microsyntax
    [link] [comments]

    The OnePlus 7 Pro won’t have an IP rating, but that’s okay

    Posted: 06 May 2019 08:06 AM PDT

    Guys help me to choose OnePlus 6 8gb 128gb or Google Pixel 2xl 4gb 128gb ?

    Posted: 06 May 2019 12:32 PM PDT

    Hi, I'm looking for new phone, been stuck with this two phone, in my country this 2 phone at the same price, anyone's used one of this phone? Need some opinion from you guys the pros and cons between this two, Please share why you choose it, how the camera compared? The performance? Has OxygensOS improved a lot for the 6? How stock Android for the Pixel ? Any bug that you annoyed? Thank you in advance :)

    submitted by /u/ouhaizat
    [link] [comments]

    OnePlus 7 Pro, 7, 6T official renders compared

    Posted: 06 May 2019 02:43 PM PDT

    Not an exact size comparison, but just a look at the differences in design between official renders.

    That chin on the Pro is way smaller than I initially thought, about half the size of the 6T, I'm not sure I'd even consider it a chin. I know they're just renders, but they're official so I'd say it's a pretty fair assessment.

    submitted by /u/SeaBass920
    [link] [comments]

    Sick of Snapchat lag/delay when taking selfies? Turn on Portrait mode!

    Posted: 06 May 2019 06:28 PM PDT

    The latest-ish update seems to have included a drop down top right which allows you to turn on Portrait mode. Noticed it does not try to auto focus and snaps right away.

    submitted by /u/yeayeasure
    [link] [comments]

    OnePlus 6T - Text Messages Gone! Please help!

    Posted: 06 May 2019 11:12 AM PDT

    I was texting a friend this morning and flipping through my message app and out of nowhere, a bunch of my old messages from everyone kept populating rapidly (no notifications/sounds) and next thing I know, all of my SMS and MMS had disappeared. I've restarted my phone multiple times, turned it off and let it sit, and it's been on at least a couple hours now and there's still nothing.

    Luckily, I noticed I have a backup called "ONEPLUS A6013 backup" in my Google Drive but the only options are "Preview" or "Delete Backup". I don't see an option to restore or even move/copy the file and I've tried looking for a restore option on my phone but I'm really lost. Will a factory reset be of any actual help here? I simply just want to get my messages back so any step towards a solution would be greatly appreciated.

    Lastly, this is incredibly frustrating and upsetting as a OnePlus user. A couple months ago I encountered the problem with my phone randomly restarting. Now I'm seriously considering never touching the OnePlus brand anymore and will likely switch out as soon as I can afford a new phone.

    submitted by /u/cenoob
    [link] [comments]

    Oneplus 6 power button is stuck. Any quick fixes?

    Posted: 06 May 2019 05:07 PM PDT

    I searched the sub but only found 1 relevant post. This happened to me just within the last hour. I was holding my wife's phone in my hand in addition to my own. My power button now seems a little more recessed than normal and there isn't as definite a click as the volume buttons have. I can't really grab the sides of the button with anything to try and pry it out further, and I don't really want to open the phone.

    Are there any tricks anyone has tried or experienced? I appreciate the help.

    submitted by /u/chucknades
    [link] [comments]

    OnePlus 7 pro battery

    Posted: 06 May 2019 02:37 PM PDT

    So I've been worried about how the OnePlus 7 pro is going to be, especially size wise, but it's been growing on me with all the teasers lately. Probably going to pick it up on release, but there's still one question mark. Anyone else worried about what the batter life is going to be on the pro? Having a smaller battery than the standard 7 supposedly and having a higher res and refresh rate to power has me a little concerned as to the stellar battery life OnePlus has had on the 6. If I remember correctly the Razer phone had around a 4000 mAh battery, not as high as a resolution screen, but 120 hz and a lcd panel instead of oled, and it got decent battery, and I'm sure with oxygen os it won't be bad. Just curious to hear thoughts about it .

    submitted by /u/fullerthanu
    [link] [comments]

    Dual Sims Help Needed

    Posted: 06 May 2019 02:20 PM PDT

    Hi, I'm thinking of adding a second sim to my UK OnePlus 6T, but is there a way to do it so I can use a different account depending on which sin I want to use?

    Any help would be greatly appreciated Cheers

    Darren

    submitted by /u/takuhii
    [link] [comments]

    OnePlus 6t or OnePlus 7?

    Posted: 06 May 2019 01:08 PM PDT

    Hi guys, wanted to know if I should buy OnePlus 6t at INR 33,000 or should I wait for OnePlus 7?

    submitted by /u/ishatvaf
    [link] [comments]

    Is OnePlus 6T/7 right for me?

    Posted: 06 May 2019 01:07 PM PDT

    Bit of a back story. I live in western part of US and I want a phone that will be handy for at least couple of years. And I hate flagships. They are damn expensive, full of bloatware and also features that I rarely use. After a year or so, the phone becomes slow by the day. So I went for cheaper options, got a Moto G5 Plus. It worked great for a year. And then I moved for a new job. I figured all this time the wi-fi calling was not working. Now that I live in a apartment where mobile network is non-existent, nobody can reach me. I want a good compromise between price and performance. Here are what I would prefer,

    • I don't care much about major Android versions as long as there are security updates.
    • I want to have the basic functionalities like wi-fi calling working.
    • I want the phone to hold for at least 3 years.
    • I don't want the phone to be slowing down after a year or so.

    As an option I looked at Nokia 7.1 first but while Nokia provides faster updates, that also breaks things faster. Nokia moves on to the next update without addressing these issues. The new update just adds up to the list of existing issues. Now I am looking at OnePlus 6T or 7. I am tilting towards OnePlus 7. Not because it has features that I care about, rather because it's the latest model, it will get security updates for longer. I am past my time when I had a lot of time to explore features and troubleshoot technical problems. I just want my phone to be there and keep working. Now the question is OnePlus 6T or 7 right for me?

    Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

    submitted by /u/protik7
    [link] [comments]

    MAC address randomly changed and now I need to change it back. ANDROID PIE

    Posted: 06 May 2019 11:46 AM PDT

    As in the title above. My MAC address randomly changed without me knowing, and as a result of that I cannot turn on wifi on my phone. I have my original MAC address, so not all hope is lost. I still have cellular data to use and I am rooted. Is there anything I can do to fix it up without having to factory reset my phone? Thank you for any help.

    submitted by /u/Hackerdude1010
    [link] [comments]

    "Dark mode in settings is on" - Google Phone

    Posted: 06 May 2019 11:30 AM PDT

    It's off I swear 😭

    Rooted with Magisk, uninstalled all Substratum themes and modules.

    The contact card part is still white themed tho. And also, the intro screen of all G Apps is black at first, including Maps and Drive. Sometimes Drive changes to dark itself until I restart the app.

    Any help appreciated!

    I want white

    http://imgur.com/a/ABuxoi7

    submitted by /u/usaidbinshafqat
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel