• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Monday, February 28, 2022

    Samsung Daily Support Thread

    Samsung Daily Support Thread


    Daily Support Thread

    Posted: 28 Feb 2022 03:00 AM PST

    Welcome to the Daily Support thread for r/Samsung. You can use this thread to ask questions about your device, troubleshoot tech problems or ask buying/selling advice.

    Have a question you need answered? Ask away! Please remember to adhere to our rules, which can be found here: Detailed Rules

    Join our Discord for immediate help & Samsung Support if you can't find the answer you need:

    Note: Comments are sorted by /new for your convenience.

    The new Daily Support Thread is posted each day at 06:00 AM EST (Click HERE for other timezones) and then the old one is archived. If this time is near when you want to post your question, it is advised to wait for the new thread to be posted.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    S22 Ultra accounting for 60% of S22 series sales and S8 Ultra accounts for 50% of tab sales

    Posted: 27 Feb 2022 02:11 PM PST

    Upgrading from S10 to S22 Ultra and am very excited!!

    Posted: 27 Feb 2022 11:50 AM PST

    Truthfully, I had told myself I'd keep my S10 as long as I possibly could on principle alone (didn't want to lose the micro SD slot or Aux port or waterproof), but I just couldn't pass up the deal. Verizon is giving me $700 (!!) To trade in my S10 for a new 512GB S22 Ultra and I just couldn't resist. Very excited for what I hope to be a very noticeable upgrade.

    submitted by /u/greenejs
    [link] [comments]

    MWC 2022 Live: Samsung Galaxy Book2 Business Launched.

    Posted: 28 Feb 2022 02:03 AM PST

    Impressed with the s22 ultra telephoto lens

    Posted: 27 Feb 2022 08:41 PM PST

    Needs some Apps

    Posted: 27 Feb 2022 05:21 PM PST

    Switching back to Samsung/Android after being with my iPhone for over a year and a half. My S22 Ultra will be here tomorrow and so I'm excited to customize my phone again!

    What apps do you recommend that are cool and useful?

    submitted by /u/gr8ness05
    [link] [comments]

    Any wallpaper or theme threads for S22 Ultra?

    Posted: 28 Feb 2022 03:25 AM PST

    Is the a52s or a53 more worth it?

    Posted: 28 Feb 2022 03:56 AM PST

    I'm looking to buy a new A series phone and my old one was an A51. The latest one is the a52s 5G but there is an a53 coming so I want to know which one is better to get now, do I wait for a53 to release or do I just buy the a52s 5g? I heard the a53 has the exact same design as the a52 but lacks an earphone jack

    submitted by /u/BlazeBow234
    [link] [comments]

    Yet Another S22U (Non) Power User Review

    Posted: 27 Feb 2022 06:12 PM PST

    Good evening fellow Samsung-ites!

    Like many of you, I was frothing at the mouth when I got the notification that my pre-order had shipped well before Feb 25. I was also distraught when it got delayed two days from Feb 21 to Feb 23 due to still unknown reasons. The battery has settled, and I am here to offer a non-power user's opinion to the huge whirlwind of information swirling around the latest entry to the smart phone world.

    Device: 512GB Phantom Black Snapdragon S22 Ultra

    Display

    The display is large, clear, and gorgeous. As a user who games and streams TV shows and movies, this display shows you everything. Even the FHD setting is higher quality than what the S10+ I upgraded from had to offer. I have not tried the highest settings, but most of that is because I've been trying not to burn the battery too fast just yet.

    Clarity is not lost even on powersaving mode which I think speaks volumes about the advances Samsung has tried to bring to the table in the display department.

    Camera

    Wow. Both for the quality and the number of cameras. The detail you can get from this camera system is impressive. Not only is it clear with bold colors, but the detail is insane. I'm not even sure my 20/20 vision can see the kind of definition these cameras get of the individual hairs on my cats.

    My only complaint is the way the rear camera stack juts out, both from the phone and the way it's molded on my phone case.

    Probably worth mentioning how the camera still struggles with moving subjects, but that has been rather widely reported.

    S Pen

    Long ago I had a lovely device whose brothers and sisters decided to try to blow up several planes and homesteads. I'm very happy to return to the club and enjoy S Pen functionalities and to have the pen live with the phone.

    I've noticed very low delay and very accurate tracking. I've also been extremely impressed with how accurately the phone can understand my chicken scratch when I use the handwriting to text function.

    It likely will simply take more practice on my part, but certain air gestures are still hard for me to execute, and certain apps don't respond to them despite setting them in the S Pen menu.

    Battery

    This has been the reason I waited until today. 4th full day with the device, and second on powersaving. Everyone has been obsessed with the battery life or lack thereof of this device.

    The first couple of days were rough during calibration. Add in some heavier than normal streaming early on and I was right there with most of the naysayers.

    But, here are today's stats on regular powersaver:

    • 33% left
    • 13h 27 m since last charge
    • 7h SOT
    • 6h 36m left (supposedly)

    I guess powersaver is cheating, but these look like pretty great numbers to me. As a guy who mostly games or reddits and peppers in some streaming, these numbers are very encouraging.

    My only lingering detraction would be that my wireless charger seems to charge a little slower than my S10+, but then again the battery is much bigger and not aged like my old device.

    Final Thoughts

    I love the S10+ I came from. If it weren't for some fantastic pre-order and trade in incentives, I might not have upgraded just yet. However, I am not regretting the decision at all.

    Despite being larger, it's extremely comfortable in my hand. The processor power is evident even when handicapping the device with powersaver mode.

    I think battery concerns are somewhat overblown, but you can tell the big battery is necessary to keep the beautiful screen running wonderfully.

    I'm very much looking forward to discovering what else the S22 Ultra has to offer, and if things keep going as they are, I will definitely try to keep this device well past the 3 year mark.

    Enjoy your new devices friends, try not to let the waiting drive you too crazy.

    submitted by /u/bored_not_working
    [link] [comments]

    What is the best S22 Ultra case that covers all the camera?

    Posted: 28 Feb 2022 03:35 AM PST

    I am trying to find a durable case that is guaranteed to cover all the protruding cameras. Also, does anyone recommend having camera lens on their S22 Ultra as well?

    submitted by /u/HomeyTony
    [link] [comments]

    S22 Ultra Screen Protector & Case..

    Posted: 27 Feb 2022 07:58 PM PST

    I know I know, there are plenty of comments referring to this. And they're all over the place. I've checked Amazon and it appears Whitestone Dome is the recommended screen protector for the S22 Ultra, however the reviews on Amazon are terrible. An average of 3 stars.. I'm a 4.5 plus kinda guy. Wondering what purchases folks have made for a screen protector? I'm currently rogue, no protection on my screen and it's just a matter of time before this catches up with me. Work is paying for it, so money is not a consideration really. Got the Spigen Case with kickstand, it's neat and incredibly dull. Any other recommendations?

    submitted by /u/coffeemusic_
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone in AU get their new devices yet?

    Posted: 27 Feb 2022 04:40 PM PST

    Mines been saying shipped since 25th with delivery today but there are no scans in between and seeing as my devices have been lost in the past by startrack the dumbfcks Im a little worried.

    So after talking to the bellends at startrack they reckon all their shipments have been delayed due to flooding... how the flying fuck does water... on the ground... delay sending something via airbag. By that logic my workplace shouldnt be moving any stock at all.

    So at this point Im inclined to believe they lost it which would make it 3 for 3.

    submitted by /u/Kryptic___
    [link] [comments]

    How do you redeem the free YouTube Premium that came with an S22 preorder?

    Posted: 27 Feb 2022 03:09 PM PST

    I know I received it as it's attached to the phone purchase in the Samsung Shop app, but idk how to redeem it

    submitted by /u/sleeplessaddict
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone else who owns a Fold 3 want another "normal" phone to use as a main instead?

    Posted: 27 Feb 2022 10:25 PM PST

    I'm talking about for regular calls, and texting? Using the Fold 3 for these tasks is so cumbersome and just being out with it is awkward to be honest.

    I still want to keep it for media consumption, gaming and of course browsing, but I can't help just wanting a regular slab phone to use for actual communication stuff.

    Right now, I'm thinking of just getting the base S22 as my main phone and actually just carry the Fold 3 around as a side-piece/showoff plaything.

    If not the S22, I might even go S20 FE, anything 120hz phone really. I'm leaning towards a small compact phone just because I already have this big boy Fold. Anyone else in the same boat here?

    submitted by /u/trinxified
    [link] [comments]

    Upgrading from Oneplus 6T to Samsung S22+

    Posted: 28 Feb 2022 01:07 AM PST

    I never thought I'd ever leave Oneplus but the company went downhill after ruining the perfectly good Oxygen OS. I am super excited and have already pre booked the S22+ in white colour. I can't wait for March 11th and finally get my hands on it. As this is my first Samsung flagship purchase, do you guys have any tips for me? Or something that I should try out in OneUI as soon as I get it. Let me know because I am very excited!!

    submitted by /u/That-Pollution-4347
    [link] [comments]

    I feel dumb (pre-order)

    Posted: 27 Feb 2022 06:56 PM PST

    Am I the only person who thought ordering a "Samsung exclusive" color for the S22 Ultra was gonna be a good idea and now realized it's a disaster because my shipping date has been pushed all the way back to April lol.

    Epic fail. I should have just ordered a basic color.

    submitted by /u/RogueR1
    [link] [comments]

    Custom S Pen Sounds

    Posted: 27 Feb 2022 12:57 PM PST

    I have searched...and searched...and searched some more. I can't find any good place to download like a pack of different S Pen sounds. I found Mairo and Lightsabers which is one one sound.

    I have Pentastic but I'd love to find a good download pack for custom sounds for remove and insert. I'm surprised with Pentastic there isn't more out there.

    Can anyone share what they are using?

    submitted by /u/DigitalHD
    [link] [comments]

    RAC locked S21

    Posted: 27 Feb 2022 11:26 PM PST

    I see S21 rac locked cellphone. Can the phone be flashed with new firmware and unlocked?

    submitted by /u/tritron
    [link] [comments]

    Galaxy S22 Battery life

    Posted: 27 Feb 2022 12:40 PM PST

    Hey guys! kind of a rant or a vent more than anything useful to anyone. I got my new Galaxy s22 from Samsung the other day And so far it's been great! Definitely a nice phone. My only real complaint so far is battery life. it isn't awful it's just weird that a phone with a 3700mah battery is similar to my iPhone 12 mini.

    every other year I switch back and forth between Android and iOS because it's fun to use different phones and I love both for different reasons. I wasn't really expecting however to have such a "it's fine" battery life. before my iPhone 12 mini my Galaxy s10e was pretty great, it wasn't the best but it did fantastic. it's not so great now that it's a 3 year old phone but still. when I got the iPhone 12 mini I was pleasantly surprised a phone with only 2227mah could provide such a decent battery life.

    so far from the very short time I've had the s22 the battery life has been very similar to my now, 1+ year old iPhone 12 mini. more testing is required but first impressions says "this isn't the small phone you're looking for"

    submitted by /u/Raglesnarf
    [link] [comments]

    S22 Ultra - Amazing Phone, but One Criticism

    Posted: 27 Feb 2022 10:42 PM PST

    Owner of the S22 Ultra here, I adore the phone! It's an absolute beast and I'm so happy to have the Stylus back just like the note series. However I have one criticism/issue with the phone.

    When doing things like cropping, selecting, or writing with the Pen on the edges of the screen, the incredibly annoying curve pulls the pen right off the display. It's such a pain to be cropping an image, and when you get near the curve it just sucks it right down and messes up the crop or whatever you were doing with the Pen.

    I really hope the next phone we just get a flat piece of glass. Enough with this curved display that brings absolutely no functionality to the phone and is just becoming a clunky "feature".

    Again, this is my only one minor critique, because other than that the S22 is perfect in my opinion. I'm in love with this thing....

    submitted by /u/calotron
    [link] [comments]

    Should I upgrade to S22+ or S22?

    Posted: 27 Feb 2022 10:18 PM PST

    I current own a Note20 (Exynos Chip Variant) which I got on it's release date and now I am thinking if I should upgrade to the S22+/S22. I am happy with my current device but upgrade to samsung allows me to exchange my old phone for a good amount.

    I was anyway planning to upgrade to the iPhone 14 Pro or something equivalent sometime around Oct-2022.

    Any opinions?

    submitted by /u/Harshm_27
    [link] [comments]

    GALAXY M12

    Posted: 27 Feb 2022 10:00 PM PST

    Any opinion on this phone? Possibly from someone who's been using it. I'm planning to get it as I need a phone urgently but budget is low at the moment. I know battery life won't be a problem with it, but what about overall system smoothness for daily use, youtube, FB, browser, etc? And also opinion on its front and back cameras? I found it for about $100; I don't think I can get better phones for that price or around that, but if you have any suggestion, it'd be appreciated (any brand).

    submitted by /u/nskdnnm
    [link] [comments]

    Which samsung earbuds have the most bass and best sound qualityvfor listening to music?

    Posted: 27 Feb 2022 07:34 PM PST

    Looking for mainly music listening quality.

    submitted by /u/Mediocre-Math
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel