• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Monday, February 28, 2022

    Home Networking Is my landlord spying on the videos i watch through parental controls?

    Home Networking Is my landlord spying on the videos i watch through parental controls?


    Is my landlord spying on the videos i watch through parental controls?

    Posted: 28 Feb 2022 01:11 AM PST

    Hi everyone,

    I rent a basement apartment with internet included.

    Sometimes when iam watching a video on youtube or other streaming service the stream will pause in the first 10% of the video. I have to un-pause it every time. It does not occur every video though, seemingly only after i have recently connected to the network.

    Is it possible my landlord using parental/security features of the mesh router to nab screen shots of the content i watch?

    Sry idk what mesh system he is using.

    submitted by /u/Praben-_
    [link] [comments]

    What is the Fastest and the Safest way to connect my own Router with the ISP provided combo?

    Posted: 28 Feb 2022 03:26 AM PST

    Complete Beginner here, almost all ISPs I know force us to use their Modem+Router+Switch+Access Point Combo. So I wanted to know what is the best method to use my own Standalone Router (Cisco, Unifi, etc.) with the ISP-provided one?

    As I have seen on the internet, people use an ethernet cable attached to one of the LAN ports on the ISP combo and attach that cable to the WAN Port on the Router they want to use. Now, I have heard different terms like- Port Forwarding, Bridge Mode, IP Passthrough, etc, etc, which has confused me. I want to use my own router and I don't want to sacrifice Safety and Performance (ping and internet speed).

    What to do? What is the process? Thank You, any help will be highly appreciated :) 😄

    submitted by /u/Supersonic350777
    [link] [comments]

    Asus RT-N12+ on Repeater Mode keep disconnecting frequently

    Posted: 28 Feb 2022 03:01 AM PST

    Hi,

    I am using this router as a repeater, the setup is this:

    • Main Modem in the living room -> Asus is connected to it wirelessly -> My PC in my room is connected to the Asus router with a network cable (screenshot of the network status)

    when it's working, everything is fine, the speed is exactly what it is, the wifi signal is high, etc...

    However, every now and then, it just completely loses connection and i have to restart the Asus router to make it work, and since it doesn't have a reboot button, i have to plug it of/on. and this is the only log i get:

    Feb 28 11:03:29 kernel: RT305x_ESW: Link Status Changed Feb 28 11:03:30 start_nat_rules: apply the nat_rules(/tmp/nat_rules_repeater)! Feb 28 11:03:39 kernel: Rcv Wcid(1) AddBAReq Feb 28 11:03:39 kernel: Start Seq = 00000000 Feb 28 11:08:54 kernel: Rcv Wcid(1) AddBAReq Feb 28 11:08:54 kernel: Start Seq = 00000000 Feb 28 11:14:05 rc_service: httpd 220:notify_rc start_webs_update Feb 28 11:14:22 rc_service: httpd 220:notify_rc start_webs_update 

    Any advice for better troubleshooting this please ?

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/alaslipknot
    [link] [comments]

    Are there any mesh Wi-Fi extenders that work with any brand router (not just their own brand) and do their mesh Wi-Fi thing?

    Posted: 28 Feb 2022 02:58 AM PST

    I wanna use it with an ASUS router or a firewall.

    ASUS has Aimesh extenders, but I think they do their mesh thing with only an ASUS router, and would not work properly with other brand routers.

    submitted by /u/total_cornerstone
    [link] [comments]

    Tenda Nova MW6

    Posted: 28 Feb 2022 02:26 AM PST

    I just got Tenda nova mw6, 3 nodes. Can someone help me how can I make multiple SSID and control the bandwidth of each SSID?

    submitted by /u/Blank-su
    [link] [comments]

    What factors should I consider when looking for a router?

    Posted: 27 Feb 2022 11:27 PM PST

    New home. Need to buy a new set up.

    There are so many products on the market, and I'm not up to speed on router technology. What should I be taking into an account?

    I want quality equipment, and Im willing to pay for quality/reliability, but I don't want to pay for more than I need. (I don't want to buy a Ferrari if I'm never going to drive it fast)

    • 1400sqft home, 2 story, open airy concept. (Router would be hooked up in the living room that has vaulted ceiling that leads up to the bedrooms)
    • Just two adults in the home.
    • we aren't gamers.
    • Internet usages comprises of streaming tv in the evenings and regular phone usage.
    • ISP offers fiber in our area.

    On a basic search, the TP-link AX1800 looks like a decent choice. For the past couple years we have been using a google nest (our roommate's set up).

    At our level of usage, does the choice of router really even make a big difference?

    submitted by /u/frannyfranfran5
    [link] [comments]

    Cat6a vs cat6 networking cables

    Posted: 28 Feb 2022 04:52 AM PST

    I am looking to build my own networking cables and was wondering if it's better to get Cat 6a or cat6? Which cable would be the best choice for use with 1gb fiber internet and NAS storage access?

    NAS will be used for on demand file access and file sharing media like Plex.

    Do all RJ45 connectors are the same? Or do I need specific RJ45 connectors for 6a? Vs if I use regular RJ45 for cat6.

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/ZealousidealDog7210
    [link] [comments]

    Access NAS behind router without disabling NAT

    Posted: 28 Feb 2022 02:52 AM PST

    Access NAS behind router without disabling NAT

    I'm on a school network, and I'm only allowed a limited number of devices (and each of them has to be registered with the network). I've got a bunch of LIFX lights, a NAS, some self-hosted websites, etc. So basically, I ended up setting up my "server" (secondary windows 10 PC) as a router using ICS. It's a tad unstable, and I may switch to Linux at some point. At this point, it's what I'm comfortable with. It allows me to use my devices, host my sites, etc. But I haven't been able to access my NAS from anything other than my desktop. Here's an outline of the network as it is:

    mistake: 10.17.1.125 is address of server on uni network, not desktop

    The issue is I can't reveal the IPs behind my "router" - but I can port forward to them. I've tried to open the proper ports, but I think I'm doing something wrong at this point. I can't disable NAT, access has to occur from another subnet. I'm using nginx proxy manager to do my forwarding, and I thought I'd opened the proper ports in the firewall. Does anyone have an idea of how I could approach this? I feel like I'm missing something simple!

    submitted by /u/vegetariouscarnivore
    [link] [comments]

    Need help touting cat 6 and also adding a switch. I’m clueless!

    Posted: 28 Feb 2022 02:29 AM PST

    Okay so my fibre box is in the garage, my pc is in the room next to it which I want direct Ethernet, and my tv in the lounge room I also want direct Ethernet but I also want to use my wifi mesh routers so the wifi is pretty strong around the house. Any idea how I would connect the fibre box to the mesh router, then connect my pc, and also connect my tv direct Ethernet ?

    submitted by /u/johnny87auxs
    [link] [comments]

    It's the walls - home network improvement advice

    Posted: 28 Feb 2022 01:42 AM PST

    Hi everyone,

    New to the forum but have been reading away. Lots of interesting stuff.

    I would appreciate some advice on tuning my network.

    I live in a basement flat so the central walls are crazy thick which makes a barrier across the middle of the place m is about 900 sq ft I'm total

    I'm the main room is where the hub of the network - there is a 350 Mbps fibre coming in. This goes to the broadband supplier modem but wireless and routing is off.

    I use a to link deco as the main router - this feeds out to a 12 port gigabit Ethernet switch as there is a lot of wired connections nearby (series x,, TV, etc)

    There is also a cat 5 under the floor to thevmsin bedroom at the back. This connects to another feco m5 in the bedroom which also provides internet for the room next door

    Leading off from kitchen there is my office and the kitchen. There is one last deco in the kitchen but it is unwired. The office relies on WiFi

    I feel that this is a wonky setupm it's fairly constant but I only get 300 I'm the main room

    Any thoughts?

    Thank you in advance

    Benedict

    submitted by /u/benedictm
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for an affordable Load Balancing Router + 2 Access Points (or 1 Powerful one)

    Posted: 28 Feb 2022 01:02 AM PST

    Dear All,

    Am looking for a Load Balancing Router for

    1. 2x 1gbps (theoretically but never react, dynamic shared) Internet Lines
    2. 1 LAN User (Gamer, Download alot)
    3. 2 Access Points

    2 Access Points for:

    1. 2 SSIDs
      1. 1 auto 2.4/5ghz for users (watch alot of hd, 4k shows) ssid
      2. 1 IOS 2.4ghz ssid (seperate network but must be able to cross talk)
    2. Space is 165 sqm, 5 rooms with concrete walls all around

    Used to do Network Administrator, before Business grade got cheap. Now in Sales :)

    Any cheap but good product range to recommend? Omada looks good but the ER605 only has 16MB + 128MB Ram. But the ER7206 is over kill.

    Also is 1 EAP610 enough or do I need 2?

    And last can my gaming PC aka Windows 10 be easily installed with the Omada SDN. I remember Uni-Fi was heck hard to install into Windows 10 (last time).

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/gadenp
    [link] [comments]

    Good setup for my condo?

    Posted: 27 Feb 2022 11:13 PM PST

    Hey everyone,

    I will be moving into a condo I just recently bought soon and will be getting 1 gb internet. There are 8 other units in the complex.

    I will try to hardwire the gaming PC, TV and whatnot. However, there will be a few things I can't hardwire due to limitations. To get the most out of my set up, what would be a good router or mesh setup to get a good connection throughout the condo. (1500 sqft, 3 beds, 2 bath. 2nd story). I don't want to break the bank, was hoping to stay under $400-$500.

    Thank you for your time and advice!

    submitted by /u/OlYaky
    [link] [comments]

    Suggestions for rack mount equipment?

    Posted: 27 Feb 2022 11:08 PM PST

    Can anyone recommend a good rack mount solution for load balancing and failover? Also need suggestions on external wifi... I'm building a setup in my camper van and prefer everything to be 12v if possible or easily convertible to 12v... I've already got my cellular equipment just need to start building the internal network...

    submitted by /u/whitieiii
    [link] [comments]

    Budget Wifi Router Recommendations (~75) - Amazon Has Too Many Options

    Posted: 27 Feb 2022 11:05 PM PST

    I am looking for recommendations for a budget wifi router, ~$75 or less, to replace my current one. I don't care so much for speed as much as connection reliability. I haven't looked for one in years, and today Amazon seems to be flooded with either really expensive ones, or cheap ones that have high reviews that seem deceiving. I'm also not sure if I should be looking for second-hand routers on eBay, but I try to stay away from that due to not knowing if it will come in the box with issues for a more important piece of hardware I plan to be using for as long as possible. Any recommendations would be appreciated! Should I just go with a random $25-33 4.5 star one on Amazon?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/RustleThyJimmies
    [link] [comments]

    How do I access my AP's settings?

    Posted: 27 Feb 2022 10:14 PM PST

    So I bought this netgear model WAC104 or here is the link

    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LFSDZCU/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

    The connection is great, but I am trying to access its settings so I can change the name or at the very least the default password on it, but the directions tell me to go to "aplogin.net" but when I do that while connected to the AP it says it does not recognize that I am connected to netgears ap, but I 100% am. I tried downloading the stupid netgear app off the play store and that doesn't even have an AP option nor can it identify it itself nor is there a qr code on the ap. This shouldn't be that hard. I also try typing in the 192.168.0.100 on the bottom of it and it takes me to my modem routers settings.

    submitted by /u/ImpossibleZero
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel